HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Talk Part V: Flyers own the 11th overall pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 09:41 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Just finished a mock draft for the Flyers where I ended up with Darnell Nurse, Mirco Muller, Jonathan Diaby, Roberts Lipsbergs, Tim McGauley, and Clint Lewis with the 6 picks the Flyers currently own for the draft. I'd be very satisfied if the Flyers could walk away with that draft.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Just finished a mock draft for the Flyers where I ended up with Darnell Nurse, Mirco Muller, Jonathan Diaby, Roberts Lipsbergs, Tim McGauley, and Clint Lewis with the 6 picks the Flyers currently own for the draft. I'd be very satisfied if the Flyers could walk away with that draft.
That would be sweet...well the first 2 picks. Everyone after that im not to aware of.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:09 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
According to TSN's Bob McKenzie about as many scouts have Poluck ranked in the second round as the first. With the 11th overall the Flyers can do better IMO.
The same could probably be said about half of the first round. You've gotta go with what the team's scouts think. If the Flyers have Poluck as the #2 defenseman in the draft, it doesn't matter what the other 29 teams have him ranked as. I would be fine with really any of the defenseman in that second group that includes Risto, Nurse, Zadorov, and Poluck.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:44 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The same could probably be said about half of the first round. You've gotta go with what the team's scouts think. If the Flyers have Poluck as the #2 defenseman in the draft, it doesn't matter what the other 29 teams have him ranked as. I would be fine with really any of the defenseman in that second group that includes Risto, Nurse, Zadorov, and Poluck.
Obviously, my whole point was based on what other scouts are saying, its just as likely the flyers have him ranked significantly lower than 11th. Zadorov, Risto and Nurse are consensus 1st rounders (with maybe a few scouts having them lower but they're outliers its nowhere near half unlike Poluck). We won't know anything until the draft, but overall I'd be ok with anyone you mentioned as well as they'd instantly become our best defensive prospect, though that's not saying much .

Old
06-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I Am Number 28

I think Homer finds a way to get into the top 7 and get his guy. Too many teams want to fall back because it is a deep draft.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Prongo
Beer

I still want to try to get Nichushkin. Seems a lot of teams are extremely high on him. I don't think Tampa will take him at 3, I believe they ave to grab one of the safer picks in Drouin or Mac. Carolina/Nashville I don't think will take him with all the other talent like Barkov/Lindholm/etc available there. Now I would try to move up with Edmonton to try and get this kid. He has the size/speed/skill we would drool over to play with Giroux.

I hate comparisons, but when people mention Malkin/Lindros you really have to think about drafting him. He comes along the right way, we could have a great top line, then work on the defense after the draft. No matter what the defenders we take in this draft will not play for 1-2 years maybe even more, so we shouldn't be too caught up in drafting one right now. We have time to let one develop next year if we make a big move before the draft getting a top notch defender. There is so many possibilities it's unreal, but I will say we see what happens at the draft. We all are saying no way he drops or he goes that far down, every year there are players that drop and drop and drop, why would this year be any different?

Old
06-04-2013, 09:01 AM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Number 28 View Post
I think Homer finds a way to get into the top 7 and get his guy. Too many teams want to fall back because it is a deep draft.
This is a draft where is seems like it would be stupid to give up anything of value to move up from 11 to 7. We're going to be able to get somebody good at #11.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:07 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Button's final rankings
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
Furcale at 7?

Old
06-04-2013, 09:08 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Button's final rankings
Furcale at 7?
Rist at #25?

Old
06-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Prongo
Beer

Buttons list is out!

Pulock #30
Zads #11
Nurse #8
Ristolainen #25
Morin #13

Some notable defenders.

Also Mueller is down at #40 behind Heatherington and ahead of Subban.

Ryan Hartman is coming in at #26
Nichushkin is #5
Horvat #19
Zykov #37

Old
06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Zads/Nurse/Morrissey at #11 and Mueller at #41 would be awesome.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Rist at #25?
Button hasn't been high on Rist all year long. He constantly ranks him in the mid 20s. He just doesn't think he has that much upside iirc.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:12 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Maybe it's more his ceiling is limited?

Old
06-04-2013, 09:14 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Button hasn't been high on Rist all year long. He constantly ranks him in the mid 20s. He just doesn't think he has that much upside iirc.
I guess he thinks the world of Fucale then

Old
06-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Maybe it's more his ceiling is limited?
IIRC Button says he has the potential to be a Seabrook type of player, but like Seabrook, has mental lapses where you are sitting there thinking how could a player that talented make that error? Or he thinks like Seabrook as well, that he has the potential to be a take over player, just you rarely see it.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:18 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Taken from Button's chat regarding his top 75 in Feb.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ht=ristolainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Button's Risto answer:

Craig Button: First, I think this draft is deep. Second, there is a lot of emphasis on the number beside the player and I try to ensure that I have players in their proper grouping. For example, on my list I have a grouping of players that I see as quite similar in potential from 8 to 20 or so. Rasmus is in that group and if somebody said to me, 'he really should be 8 or 9 or 12, I would see that argument and not raise much of a fuss. As for Rasmus specifically, I see an NHL player who will play a long time and the range of player comparable I have for him is Brent Seabrook to Derek Morris and some teams may see something better or something not quite as good but that is where I am at this time on him.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:24 AM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Just finished a mock draft for the Flyers where I ended up with Darnell Nurse, Mirco Muller Jonathan Diaby, Roberts Lipsbergs, Tim McGauley, and Clint Lewis with the 6 picks the Flyers currently own for the draft. I'd be very satisfied if the Flyers could walk away with that draft.
I would be very happy with that.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Flyersfan1014

Is there anyone else that wouldn't mind seeing us trade down with our pick and get 2 picks in the 15-25 range? Looking at the amount of good prospects I think it would be worth a shot. In that area you could get a defenseman like Morin or possibly Morrissey and you could also take a forward like Zykov and possibly Mantha. The draft is filled with talent in the first two rounds so I think if there's any year to try to get extra picks in the early rounds, its this year. I don't really think there is a way to go wrong this year though. We could trade up for Nichushkin or Nurse or we stay where we're at and take a guy like Zadorov. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
LegionOfDoom91

The thing people have to remember with Button is that he ranks these kids on potential and the likelyhood they reach it. Also he does these lists by himself opposed to the scouting services who have multiple scouts and go with the consensus.

He had Ryan Murray outside of the top 10 last year despite everyone having him in the top 2 because of his limited upside. He was also one of the first to have Grigrenko outside of the top 10 when everybody still had him as top 5 pick.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:56 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
Is there anyone else that wouldn't mind seeing us trade down with our pick and get 2 picks in the 15-25 range? Looking at the amount of good prospects I think it would be worth a shot. In that area you could get a defenseman like Morin or possibly Morrissey and you could also take a forward like Zykov and possibly Mantha. The draft is filled with talent in the first two rounds so I think if there's any year to try to get extra picks in the early rounds, its this year. I don't really think there is a way to go wrong this year though. We could trade up for Nichushkin or Nurse or we stay where we're at and take a guy like Zadorov. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens.
Certainly, if the draft shook out like Button's list, imagine trading down with Calgary or Columbus and taking both of Ristolainen and Pulock, and still having an early 2nd to add another quality prospect. I'm lukewarm about Pulock, but landing 2 high-potential offensive defensemen goes a long way toward avoiding the draft-bust anxiety.

Mind you, I'd be good with Zadorov, too. As you can tell, I'm hoping for a quality defenseman, preferably with good offensive instincts and a strong point shot.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Flyersfan1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Certainly, if the draft shook out like Button's list, imagine trading down with Calgary or Columbus and taking both of Ristolainen and Pulock, and still having an early 2nd to add another quality prospect. I'm lukewarm about Pulock, but landing 2 high-potential offensive defensemen goes a long way toward avoiding the draft-bust anxiety.

Mind you, I'd be good with Zadorov, too. As you can tell, I'm hoping for a quality defenseman, preferably with good offensive instincts and a strong point shot.
That's how I feel. If we can get two of the better defensemen like Risto, Pulock, Morrissey, or Morin, I feel like this would end up being a very successful draft for the team. There are also plenty of good wingers in the draft this year so if that scenario would happen and one of the defensemen wasn't there, it wouldn't hurt so bad. I'm expecting our second rounder to be Subban or Mueller if that would be the case though.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Interesting list to say the least. Morin from 32 to 13! Looks like great minds think alike! Do it Homer. Pick this kid.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:10 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Here is the Hockey Prospect's Top 30:

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-n...prospects-list

Old
06-04-2013, 02:13 PM
PhilaFlyers

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/
Quote:
11 - Philadelphia Flyers - Rasmus Ristolainen - RD - TPS - Ristolainen is another one of those guys that could go anywhere from about 5th-15th, in my opinion. I've been a big fan of his over the last couple of years as he's a rugged player that takes care of his own end of the ice first. The Flyers are also a team with a nice group of young forwards and that aids in their decision to take a high potential defenceman at this spot.

If not Rasmus Ristolainen: Nikita Zadorov

Old
06-04-2013, 04:15 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Here is the Hockey Prospect's Top 30:

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-n...prospects-list
N-U-R-S-E. Rated pretty low here, which would (hopefully) be to the Flyers' benefit.

Closed Thread