HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2013, 08:48 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusArctos View Post
Bruins fan here. Apologies if I'm intruding. I just wanted to say that despite the reciprocal loathing for one another's teams, I've always respected Hab fans for their knowledge of the game and it is on full display in this thread.
At the risk of sounding like a sycophant, I have to say, I've seen more reasonable, thoughtful, intelligent analysis and understanding of the game of hockey on display in this brief thread than all of the half-assed, hackneyed and lazy analysis put forth by the 'professional' media combined. AINEC.
Kudos. A breath of fresh air.
Nevermind....The day that the Habs ice a team like the one Boston is putting out right now, I'll be prancing around like the king of the world. They may not win it all, but they're firing on all cylinders right now. That's impossible to not respect.

I'll be honest my hatred for the Bruins and all things Boston has diminished this season. Perhaps that was mostly due to other events and Toronto proving to be infinitely more annoying, but really, it came down to envying a lineup that can beat you physically and with skill. Having said that, the Bruins sure know how to push the envelope with the hooking and holding etc. I wonder if the refs called games in the playoffs like they do in the regular season, the Bruins wouldn't be as effective. Not their problem right now.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Gally11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh, Krejci is a PPG player in the playoffs, since you think we already have enough like him, you sure can name ONE Habs who's a PPG playoff performer, right ?
Cammall... Oh wait

Old
06-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

How bad is Shero going to look if Pittsburgh gets swept after their trade deadline? I guess going all in is a bad idea if you don't even have a #1 goalie. They only have 5 players signed past next year and their prospect pool is weak as ****, and they won't be adding to it at all with their zero picks unless they trade Malkin.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

David Booth's agent says his client actually fractured his ankle and tore ligaments when he was injured in mid-March.
Booth's injury was originally reported as a sprain, but that seemed unlikely when he needed surgery. There has been speculation the Canucks would like to use a compliance buyout on Booth, but this injury throws a pretty large monkey wrench into those plans. As long as Booth is injured, Vancouver's unable to use that tool and the serious nature of the injury means Booth is unlikely to be healthy by the buyout deadline. Booth is scheduled to count $4.25 million against the salary cap next season.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Tampa Bay would still be on the hook for a $1.357 million cap hit through Mattias Ohlund's contract 2015-16 finish if he chose to retire this summer.
According to capgeek.com, Ohlund's deal provided the Lightning with $4.071 million in "cap relief," which is the amount during the years he played in which his salary was greater than his cap hit. He admitted that his chances of "playing again are very minor" and he hasn't played since 2011. Ohlund cannot be bought out by Tampa because of his injured knees.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
David Booth's agent says his client actually fractured his ankle and tore ligaments when he was injured in mid-March.
Booth's injury was originally reported as a sprain, but that seemed unlikely when he needed surgery. There has been speculation the Canucks would like to use a compliance buyout on Booth, but this injury throws a pretty large monkey wrench into those plans. As long as Booth is injured, Vancouver's unable to use that tool and the serious nature of the injury means Booth is unlikely to be healthy by the buyout deadline. Booth is scheduled to count $4.25 million against the salary cap next season.
That's a shame. I'd love to see them buy out Booth and let us take a shot at him for reduced salary. If he could stay healthy, he'd look good on Eller's wing.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
How bad is Shero going to look if Pittsburgh gets swept after their trade deadline? I guess going all in is a bad idea if you don't even have a #1 goalie. They only have 5 players signed past next year and their prospect pool is weak as ****, and they won't be adding to it at all with their zero picks unless they trade Malkin.
Their prospect pool isn't that bad, they have some great picks in the past few years in Harrington, Maatta, DuMoulin(Carolina trade) Pouliot, Despres and Bennett solid young players they drafted a few years ago

Shero will be active again this summer and this time it's to find a #1 goalie.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:47 AM
gusfring

Pens prospect pool is not bad.

Bennett, Murray, Despres, Harrington, Maatta.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:48 AM
couris

Price Subban for Malking

Old
06-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Well, they made it to the ECF so far. Not that bad.

And trading Malkin for prospects? That doesn't make sense. Who needs prospects when you have a team like the Pens? It's not like their core is aging and on the decline. They'll be fine.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Their prospect pool isn't that bad, they have some great picks in the past few years in Harrington, Maatta, DuMoulin(Carolina trade) Pouliot, Despres and Bennett solid young players they drafted a few years ago

Shero will be active again this summer and this time it's to find a #1 goalie.
Defense isn't where they need prospects stepping up. Letang/Niskanen/possibly Orpik will be re-signed. Up front they only have Crosby and Neal signed. Dupuis/Kunitz will be lost to free agency/age and they have nobody to step up. If Malkin walks Pittsburgh will literally have nothing up front except Crosby/Neal. Their drafting has been crap past the first couple rounds and they have no offensive prospects beyond Bennett and no first couple round picks. Obviously they could make some trades this summer but going all in is looking pretty bad at the moment.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:54 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Shero doesn't look bad to me, it will be the coach that looks horrible. Shero's team has a chance to win a cup, he made smart moves to solidify that fact. Being swept by Boston, if it does become reality, will be on Bylsma.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:00 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Well, Iginla is definitely washed up, how many people on here wanted him ?

... and the worst trade was by far Douglas Murray... he's so slow he makes Hal Gill look like ****ing Erik Karlsson... but again how many posters drooled about the possibility of adding him ??

Pitts defense is awfull, they really only have one PMD all the others, including Niskanen, can't move pass their blue line without turning the puck over.

They had trouble against a good offense like the Isle and they laughted at Ott's pittiful offense (that tells how bad the habs were )... but againt a good counter attack team like the Bruins that cluster the neutral zone, they have no chance at all.

This is why I hate today's NHL... you can have all the offensive talent in the world, it can't do anything against the trap and playoffs officiating... sucks...

Old
06-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Pens prospect pool is not bad.

Bennett, Murray, Despres, Harrington, Maatta.
Yup, they stocked up on prospects before trading it away last deadline for a cup run. It was a calculated risk - unlike the ridiculousness that would have been if the Habs made the same types of moves with a weaker prospect pool and team.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Shero doesn't look bad to me, it will be the coach that looks horrible. Shero's team has a chance to win a cup, he made smart moves to solidify that fact. Being swept by Boston, if it does become reality, will be on Bylsma.
Shero deserves no blame for going with Fleury after four years in a row of massive choking costing the pens their season?

Old
06-04-2013, 11:02 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Shero deserves no blame for going with Fleury after four years in a row of massive choking costing the pens their season?
Goals 1 and 3 on Fleury were SOOO bad.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That's a shame. I'd love to see them buy out Booth and let us take a shot at him for reduced salary. If he could stay healthy, he'd look good on Eller's wing.
If they need cap relief we could take him for 2-2.5 mil maybe?

Old
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Shero's 1st move last year before the draft was trading for Vokoun's rights and getting him signed, he was probably the best backup available. I'd say he got things done

Fleury is a different story, now he is giving them no choice but to get rid of him down the road

Old
06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Price Subban for Malking
Our defense and goaltending would be extremely bad after that trade. And we would need to dump two of our centers down the road.

And the Pens would sacrifice depth down the center for two things they already have: a Norris contender and young goalie.

Just doesn't make sense for both teams.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Well, Iginla is definitely washed up, how many people on here wanted him ?

... and the worst trade was by far Douglas Murray... he's so slow he makes Hal Gill look like ****ing Erik Karlsson... but again how many posters drooled about the possibility of adding him ??

Pitts defense is awfull, they really only have one PMD all the others, including Niskanen, can't move pass their blue line without turning the puck over.

They had trouble against a good offense like the Isle and they laughted at Ott's pittiful offense (that tells how bad the habs were )... but againt a good counter attack team like the Bruins that cluster the neutral zone, they have no chance at all.

This is why I hate today's NHL... you can have all the offensive talent in the world, it can't do anything against the trap and playoffs officiating... sucks...
How about building a solid deep team like the Bruins at both ends of the ice?

Old
06-04-2013, 11:10 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
If they need cap relief we could take him for 2-2.5 mil maybe?
They agree to take some of his salary, we give them Weber for a roster spot and they give us a 4th or 5th round pick this year.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:10 AM
habtastic

I think that once in the playoffs, the Pens style is so vulnerable. Don't forget, NYI almost beat them (possibly would have if the NHL hadn't intervened).

Boston plays a style that when we are both on our games, it's a coin flip, down to bounces and ref calls. And we're clearly different than Pitt. It's amazing how badly coached the team D on the Pens is and how horribly the team is able to adjust to Boston's strategy. They always make the wrong plays (Pens). Bylsma is not the great coach people make him out to be. He hasn't learned his lessons. After that cup win, what have they done (including losing to us in 7!)?

I would honestly fire Bylsma if he loses this series. No gameplan, just let your horses onto the ice and see what happens. The amount of dumping and chasing that they've tried is stupid, particularly against their opponent. I do, however have tons of respect for Crosby so he's going to have to lead quite the turnaround if it's going to happen. After the last two games, seems like they're out of ideas.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:11 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Defense isn't where they need prospects stepping up. Letang/Niskanen/possibly Orpik will be re-signed. Up front they only have Crosby and Neal signed. Dupuis/Kunitz will be lost to free agency/age and they have nobody to step up. If Malkin walks Pittsburgh will literally have nothing up front except Crosby/Neal. Their drafting has been crap past the first couple rounds and they have no offensive prospects beyond Bennett and no first couple round picks. Obviously they could make some trades this summer but going all in is looking pretty bad at the moment.
If you don't take risks, you never succeed.

Plus this series isn't over.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:11 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Why do you talk out of your ass? Fleury was signed to his deal after taking the Pens to the finals and losing to Detroit. The next year they won the cup. He already signed his contract. So Fleury hasn't been up to form, Shero was going to predict the future?

And as Habs 4 Life alluded too, he traded and signed Vokoun.

If you have a bone to pick with Shero, fine. But use actual facts that make your argument stand.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think that once in the playoffs, the Pens style is so vulnerable. Don't forget, NYI almost beat them (possibly would have if the NHL hadn't intervened).

Boston plays a style that when we are both on our games, it's a coin flip, down to bounces and ref calls. And we're clearly different than Pitt. It's amazing how badly coached the team D on the Pens is and how horribly the team is able to adjust to Boston's strategy. They always make the wrong plays (Pens). Bylsma is not the great coach people make him out to be. He hasn't learned his lessons. After that cup win, what have they done (including losing to us in 7!)?

I would honestly fire Bylsma if he loses this series. No gameplan, just let your horses onto the ice and see what happens. The amount of dumping and chasing that they've tried is stupid, particularly against their opponent. I do, however have tons of respect for Crosby so he's going to have to lead quite the turnaround if it's going to happen. After the last two games, seems like they're out of ideas.
Agreed with you here, the GM did a ton of moves to help you and Bylsma keeps being hard headed and going back with the same lines and strategies. He makes no adjustments during he game, he's like a spectator

Closed Thread