Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Didn't he have one in January as well?
still out from that one

cgjoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 11:22 PM
qc2nf

vCash: 500
Here is another ranking from another web site, different perspective ...

http://zoneprospect.com/repechage2013/index.php

http://zoneprospect.com/

qc2nf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:55 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Has Cape Breton announced what they're doing with the pick ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:38 PM
ClemQ

since when do teams announce who they pick or if they are trading a pick before the draft?

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 09:10 PM
jfb392

Here's the draft order, if anyone wanted an official one.

Also, it should be useful to have this draft done through RinkNet instead of the Q site.
RinkNet does the draft for the OHL and WHL and actually provides information on the player when you click their name.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 10:37 PM
qc2nf

Here is the rankings from the scouting report

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...p-90-rankings/

Old
06-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Cedream

Heres my list for the 97's. I didnt took in consideration the team picking order. Take note that ive not seen much of the maritimes players.

1- J. Roy
2- N. Roy
3- N. Noel
4- D. Sprong
5- A. Beauvillier
6- J. Bell
7- C. Booth
8- N. Meloche
9- J. Gauthier
10- D. Henley
11- A. Alain
12- G. Brisebois
13- L. Deschene
14- W. Thompson
15- B. Gignac
16- J-M. Leblanc
17- A. Goulet
18- O. Galipeau

Last edited by Cedream: 06-04-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Cedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I've heard a few people mention Noel is the name being said in CB right now. I wanna believe it but I won't until I hear it from a credible source

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:31 AM
qc2nf

Quote:
I've heard a few people mention Noel is the name being said in CB right now. I wanna believe it but I won't until I hear it from a credible source
It is going to be interesting. I would be surprised if CB does not get him. Also interesting is a lot of rumors about Hanifin possibly coming over. If someone manages to talk him in to it they would get a real stud.

Old
06-03-2013, 07:55 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutqc View Post
Here is the rankings from the scouting report

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...p-90-rankings/
I noted two Maritime players not on this list that were 1st and 2nd round on the CSR ?

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 07:58 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I noted two Maritime players not on this list that were 1st and 2nd round on the CSR ?
sorry it posted before I finished , Nick Welch and Will Thompson ?

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 08:01 AM
localfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
No Nick Welsh on his list, has Jordan Boyd twice.

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 08:57 AM
herbst20

I know his name was mentioned back in November in this thread about potential Americans for the draft, but this weekend was my first viewing of Cal Burke from Nobles Prep.

He attended Cedar Rapids (USHL) camp and held his own very nicely. Has a great ability to create space for himself, good vision, and didn't make down from player older than he. ( Camp consisted of '93s through '97s) If he can had some muscle to his frame, he will be a force in whatever league he decides to play.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 06:34 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

Our scouts in Quebec put together a QMJHL Draft Guide this year for us at HockeyProspect.com

It has Over 100 profiles on players eligible for the QMJHL Draft, and rankings for the first six rounds. All of the profiles are bilingual written in both French and English.

I know these guys put in a ton of work and travel to make this happen, and we've received some very positive reviews thus far.

Here's the link:

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-q...epechage-lhjmq

Last edited by RyanHPscout: 06-03-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Grammatical error.
RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
jfb392

Nicolas Roy playing the NCAA card.

Not incredibly surprising.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 04:14 AM
hab 4ever

I guess Noel might end up in Cape Breton simply by virtue of being the only guy in the top-4 who intends to report there...

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
I guess Noel might end up in Cape Breton simply by virtue of being the only guy in the top-4 who intends to report there...
good lol

If they pick one of the guys who won't report like Baie-Comeau did with MacKinnon... I don't even wanna finish that thought

Old
06-04-2013, 07:57 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
good lol

If they pick one of the guys who won't report like Baie-Comeau did with MacKinnon... I don't even wanna finish that thought
what was wrong with What BC did with Mac? would they have been better off if they drafted Gauthier or Guenette who were the only top rated players that would have reported?? Instead they drafted Mac, and got Gelinas, Turbide and 3 first round picks.

Unless you have actually been in those shoes with those decisions to make, dont assume you know how to deal with that issue

Old
06-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
what was wrong with What BC did with Mac? would they have been better off if they drafted Gauthier or Guenette who were the only top rated players that would have reported?? Instead they drafted Mac, and got Gelinas, Turbide and 3 first round picks.

Unless you have actually been in those shoes with those decisions to make, dont assume you know how to deal with that issue
Did I say anything was wrong with what BC did with Mac? This draft isn't the same, there are 3-5 guys who could be arguably the #1 pick with limited talent difference between the top 3 or 5 guys. There isn't an insane consensus #1-2 with a significant drop off like there was back then.

Why I bring it up is that there's no need to draft a guy who told you he won't report when you can get a player at the same level without the risk of no return.

Someone is sensitive when it comes to Baie-Comeau

I guess I should have finished the thought in the original post lol

Old
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Willy Palov ‏@CH_WillyPalov 2m
Cape Breton will not trade the No. 1 overall pick. Marc-Andre Dumont: “We’re going to use that pick and we know who we’re going to pick.”
^^ They're not wasting it

Old
06-04-2013, 12:30 PM
ClemQ

not really sensitive to it.....your just not thinking it through )

maybe there isnt much difference in talent, but, lets just say that Nicolas roy is their #1 choice and he tells them he wont report. If you feel he is the best player, why not draft him? You have until August to convince him to report. If it doesnt work, you can trade him. There will always be a team, for example a Rimouski, quebec, Gatineau, etc. that might be willing to pay with a decent player or 2, and a couple of first round picks. There is a always a team that has a couple first round picks or some accumulated picks in future drafts. That's not a wasted pick, and you have actually increased your organizational depth. And who knows...perhaps you will convince him to report. I know for a fact that BC drafted Boudreau last year, with all indications that he would not report. He did not even meet with the team to discuss the possibility. They drafted him, and were able to convince him during the summer. It obviously worked out for both parties.

If your the GM of the team, you can't just throw your arms up if you get players that dont want to report. It's your job to make it work to your advantage.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
not really sensitive to it.....your just not thinking it through )

maybe there isnt much difference in talent, but, lets just say that Nicolas roy is their #1 choice and he tells them he wont report. If you feel he is the best player, why not draft him? You have until August to convince him to report. If it doesnt work, you can trade him. There will always be a team, for example a Rimouski, quebec, Gatineau, etc. that might be willing to pay with a decent player or 2, and a couple of first round picks. There is a always a team that has a couple first round picks or some accumulated picks in future drafts. That's not a wasted pick, and you have actually increased your organizational depth. And who knows...perhaps you will convince him to report. I know for a fact that BC drafted Boudreau last year, with all indications that he would not report. He did not even meet with the team to discuss the possibility. They drafted him, and were able to convince him during the summer. It obviously worked out for both parties.

If your the GM of the team, you can't just throw your arms up if you get players that dont want to report. It's your job to make it work to your advantage.
Ye but I don't think anyone can sit here and say "Nicolas Roy is the best player available at #1 without question" People can argue for Noel, Jeremy Roy, I've even seen some try to argue for Sprong. I doubt that those disagreements are isolated to hfboards, I'm sure M-A Dumont & his scouting staff had a bit of a debate about it. The difference between the Roys & Noel talent wise is so minor, regardless of who you rank where, so why roll the dice on a guy who may not report, may not be open for a trade and just decides to go the NCAA route? Then what? It's great to say that they can easily hold on to him and trade him for depth but that's a huuuuuuuuuuuge risk with a lot of unknowns that is unnecessary, especially with a franchise who has been boned sooooooooo much in the last few years. You're making it sound a lot more easier than it is done.

Dumont said before he wants to bring in players who want to play for CB. By drafting a player who doesn't want to play in CB and trading him for players who may not want to play in CB (see Samuel Robert or Alex Lavoie) rather than just picking a #1 talent who wants to play for CB, that would be against everything Dumont has said since he took over CB lol it's just not logical

They said they wouldn't trade the #1 pick already, so why would the pick then trade the player? Dumont is all about his communication, he's not going to send mix messages out through the media. Not his style

Old
06-04-2013, 01:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

It's likely going to be Noel. MAD doesn't play games.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 01:28 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Ye but I don't think anyone can sit here and say "Nicolas Roy is the best player available at #1 without question" People can argue for Noel, Jeremy Roy, I've even seen some try to argue for Sprong. I doubt that those disagreements are isolated to hfboards, I'm sure M-A Dumont & his scouting staff had a bit of a debate about it. The difference between the Roys & Noel talent wise is so minor, regardless of who you rank where, so why roll the dice on a guy who may not report, may not be open for a trade and just decides to go the NCAA route? Then what? It's great to say that they can easily hold on to him and trade him for depth but that's a huuuuuuuuuuuge risk with a lot of unknowns that is unnecessary, especially with a franchise who has been boned sooooooooo much in the last few years. You're making it sound a lot more easier than it is done.

Dumont said before he wants to bring in players who want to play for CB. By drafting a player who doesn't want to play in CB and trading him for players who may not want to play in CB (see Samuel Robert or Alex Lavoie) rather than just picking a #1 talent who wants to play for CB, that would be against everything Dumont has said since he took over CB lol it's just not logical

They said they wouldn't trade the #1 pick already, so why would the pick then trade the player? Dumont is all about his communication, he's not going to send mix messages out through the media. Not his style
FYI - players with Agents....dont go NCAA. That card is already out the window. There is not as much risk as you think there is. It's happened more than once. GM's know who is going NCAA, and who is bluffing. MAC was bluffing, Matheson wasnt for example. Hence Mac was drafted, they tried to pursuade him and couldnt so they traded his rights, and Matheson's pick was traded before the draft in order to get something back for him. It's not as much a risk as you make it seem either. Matheson was only picked later in the 3rd round by Shawinigan who had 3 picks in that round. Everyone knew Matheson was bluffing.

And, my pointing to Nicolas Roy was just an example, not in any way shape or form my thought on who is going first or should go first. I could have inserted "joe hockey" in there for argument sakes.

Those are great hockey discussions, and there are many ways to deal with that situation. Each team do what they think is best in their respective situations and locations.

Another example is drafting local players. Lets use bathurst as an example....they took that approach 3-4 years ago. They drafted Steeves, hornbrook and Jones way, way earlier than anyone else would have. Only Steeves panned out, and ask any scout or GM and they will tell you that his becoming a #1 starter in the league was not expected. Now, the scouting staff has apparently been given the instructions to draft local talent on the weekend. I'm of the opinion that you draft the best player available depending on your needs of course. Local didnt work for them a few years ago, they have been not been a particularly good team the past 4-5 years, why go back to something that didnt work? You need all the help you can get!!!

Old
06-04-2013, 02:53 PM
chsb

Quote:
Another example is drafting local players. Lets use bathurst as an example....they took that approach 3-4 years ago. They drafted Steeves, hornbrook and Jones way, way earlier than anyone else would have. Only Steeves panned out, and ask any scout or GM and they will tell you that his becoming a #1 starter in the league was not expected. Now, the scouting staff has apparently been given the instructions to draft local talent on the weekend. I'm of the opinion that you draft the best player available depending on your needs of course. Local didnt work for them a few years ago, they have been not been a particularly good team the past 4-5 years, why go back to something that didnt work? You need all the help you can get!!!
The Titan have a bunch of 5th/6th round pcks they will use on guys like Robichaud and Landry.
They don't need first round picks this season to draft regional talent as NB do not have the best selections around this time.

The local factor will play in case of 3rd/4th liners where they will select local instead of long shots.
This is a marketing decision more or less and the examples you give were simply poor scouting and drafting decisions, not local factor in play.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote