HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Why do you talk out of your ass? Fleury was signed to his deal after taking the Pens to the finals and losing to Detroit. The next year they won the cup. He already signed his contract. So Fleury hasn't been up to form, Shero was going to predict the future?

And as Habs 4 Life alluded too, he traded and signed Vokoun.

If you have a bone to pick with Shero, fine. But use actual facts that make your argument stand.
I wish we had a GM like Shero during the Gainey-Gauthier era!!

Old
06-04-2013, 11:37 AM
LouisOlivier

Hi to all of the HABS fan,

I come in peace from Quebec City. Just wanna know what is your position for the return of the NHL to Quebec City. Do you remember the rivalry?
Thank you

Old
06-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisOlivier View Post

I come in peace from Quebec City. Just wanna know what is your position for the return of the NHL to Quebec City. Do you remember the rivalry?
Thank you
Quebec had a team?

Old
06-04-2013, 11:43 AM
LouisOlivier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Quebec had a team?
At least you respond.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
At least you respond.
Of course we would love to have that rivalry back and I really loved watching the Nordiques play on TQS back in the day. I really hope a return happens and I believe it will in 2-3 years from now

Old
06-04-2013, 12:08 PM
LouisOlivier

Quote:
Of course we would love to have that rivalry back and I really loved watching the Nordiques play on TQS back in the day. I really hope a return happens and I believe it will in 2-3 years from now
Yeah this rivalry would be insane.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:

Thank you
It would sure weed out some of the people that cheer for the Habs by default.

Old
06-04-2013, 12:34 PM
HatTricK09

Quote:

Thank you
I'm too young to have had a taste for that rivalry.
Right now I'm just hoping they get a team, I'm excited about it, that Quebec will have 2 teams.
I'm thinking that I'll have 1 more team to cheer for, but this could just change as soon as I get a taste of this rivalry.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
lostriver

I don't care if QC has a privately financed arena/team. I am dead against it if any public provincial $$ are involved.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Id love the nordiques to come back for the rivalry and for the fake Habs fans to **** off.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

Thank you
Being a Habs fans in Qc City is difficult to live at work when they get eliminated. I kind of noticed there are Nords fans yet, thank you very much

Still I hope you guys get a team so I can make fun of yall with something else than ''at least I have a team'' or ''Well, my team actually exists''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostriver
I don't care if QC has a privately financed arena/team. I am dead against it if any public provincial $$ are involved.
Bah. Between sports arena that boost the economy of a city and enhance the value of entire neighborhoods vs crap fringe hipster governement funded movies that 18 people watch I think the arenas are more useful.

Quebec's arena is already being built anyways, so at this point lets hope its not for nothing.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:54 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Id love the nordiques to come back for the rivalry and for the fake Habs fans to **** off.
Same here... along with Réjaune Tremblay.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Looks like I *may* be right: Pens don't have the defense (or defensive system) to win the Cup. With average goaltending, they are toast. (Of course, it's not over yet.) The series against the Isles gave a hint.

And it shows you can't manufacture chemistry. Morrow -2, Murray -2, Iginla -3.

People were ready to ship the Cup to Pittsburgh before the PO started.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:06 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post

Pitts defense is awfull, they really only have one PMD all the others, including Niskanen, can't move pass their blue line without turning the puck over.
Paul Martin???

Old
06-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
This is why I hate today's NHL... you can have all the offensive talent in the world, it can't do anything against the trap and playoffs officiating... sucks...
Funny because I have been thinking the same lately. In the POs, talent is neutralized. It seems that all-star offensive talent isn't as much a factor as we would hope it would be in the POs. Not liking where the state of the game is going.

"
Quote:
How about building a solid deep team like the Bruins at both ends of the ice?
"
Were you also thinking the Bruins were a solid deep team at both ends of the ice entering the playoffs and on the verge of being eliminated by Leafs? Just asking...

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 06-04-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old
06-04-2013, 03:24 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Funny because I have been thinking the same lately. In the POs, talent is neutralized. It seems that all-star offensive talent isn't as much a factor that we would hope it would be in the POs. Not liking where the state of the game is going.
It's like time travel; every time I turn on a playoff game, bam, I'm in the 90's.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
06-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Is there a fan base more sensitive in this league than the Ottawa Senators have?

Make a thread about Subby being on HC and it turns into a bash fest and promotion for Erik Odinsson, yikes.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Is there a fan base more sensitive in this league than the Ottawa Senators have?

Make a thread about Subby being on HC and it turns into a bash fest and promotion for Erik Odinsson, yikes.
They feel the need to talk about Karlsson every chance they get because there's nothing else significant for the most insignificant team and fan base in Canada to talk about.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:39 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I hear that argument a lot but is there any grounds to it? Were there a lot of Nordiques fans in western Quebec? Unless you guys believe all the bad Habs fans come from the East which I doubt. the Nordiques/Habs hater well, hate the Habs and would never cheer from them.

Imho it might even become worse if the Nordiques come back, they'll be jealous if its a franco heavy team but won't necessarily cheer for them (city rivalry comes in, I mean would a Montrealer cheer for a team in Quebec City over their own?). Just be more annoying about the Habs as a result.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I hear that argument a lot but is there any grounds to it? Were there a lot of Nordiques fans in western Quebec? Unless you guys believe all the bad Habs fans come from the East which I doubt. the Nordiques/Habs hater well, hate the Habs and would never cheer from them.

Imho it might even become worse if the Nordiques come back, they'll be jealous if its a franco heavy team but won't necessarily cheer for them (city rivalry comes in, I mean would a Montrealer cheer for a team in Quebec City over their own?). Just be more annoying about the Habs as a result.
I have 1st hand experience of jumping from hated rival to 'fan'. When the Expos were around, I was a huge fan and wanted the Jays to lose. After they moved to Washington, I eventually started following the Jays due to living in Toronto and being exposed to them.

All I can say is, if the Expos come back I jump ship, but for the time being I'm a cynical Jays fan who's quick to turn on them when they suck.

Old
06-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

I was talking about those called "fans" that does nothing except criticizing our team, hating on a player etc.. Those that are happy to see our players struggle.

You know, "fans" like patofqc, those kinds.

Old
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostriver View Post
Why? It's an investment that would pay itself off 10 folod over 20-25 years. It's investing in your community.

Old
06-04-2013, 05:27 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

Yes there were.

Only people from Quebec believe Montrealers hate Quebecers (the city), most Montrealers don't care about the other city so much... the obsessionn is only one way.

Old
06-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I wish we had a GM like Shero during the Gainey-Gauthier era!!
Gainey was much like Shero, agressive and not afraid to take chances(Gomez Lecavalier Sundin etc) and win now. It somewhat blew up in his face...would have blown up big time had the Lecavalier deal not fallen through.

Gauther and Bergevin are more asset managers and cap conscious.

Old
06-04-2013, 05:35 PM
lostriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Why? It's an investment that would pay itself off 10 folod over 20-25 years. It's investing in your community.
If it is such a great investment, I am sure private businesses and individuals living in QCity would line up to make a quick buck. In that case, no provincial $$ needed.

Closed Thread