HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse first game impressions

Old
10-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Burnside_1

vCash: 500
I got the impression that he was a bit shy out there, I mean his first two games in the NHL... Just imagine you finally lived your dream of playing in the NHL, and in addition to that you do it for the team you have been supporting since you were too young to remember.

I'm not worried at all, he's here to learn and only 19. I trust Carbo 100% on the developpment of this kid. Add to this that a guy like Bégin is mentoring him and he's really on the right path.

Another great thing is that now that he has made the team, media attention seems to have focused on other players, which is really good.

Burnside_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:24 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnside_1 View Post
I got the impression that he was a bit shy out there, I mean his first two games in the NHL... Just imagine you finally lived your dream of playing in the NHL, and in addition to that you do it for the team you have been supporting since you were too young to remember.

I'm not worried at all, he's here to learn and only 19. I trust Carbo 100% on the developpment of this kid. Add to this that a guy like Bégin is mentoring him and he's really on the right path.

Another great thing is that now that he has made the team, media attention seems to have focused on other players, which is really good.
I think that the medias have "orders" from Gainey and Carbo to leave the kid alone. Carbo has been really media friendly so far so I really think the Habs are protecting the kid, which is great. I'm really happy with how they handle him so far. It is the proper way to develop that kind of player. Let him adapt and find his rhytm, once it is done, he will be a monster down the road. Way to go Habs!

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Minos

I was at the Leafs/Canadiens game last night and Latendresse is one of the players who I most wanted to see live. I think he played OK at times, but he had one glaring weakness in his game. It's something that can be corrected with coaching, so I'm not too worried about it. At least 3 times that I can remember (alot considering his ice time) he was outside of our defensive zone waiting in the nutral zone when he should have been back checking. Our defense was really disorganized and they needed the forwards to help out. Granted, if we got the puck out along the board he would have had a clean break away, or if the Leafs got the puck back to the point for a shot he could have picked the Ds pocket (and maybe he thought he was covering the D) but when the team was scrambling down low he didn't seem to recognize that. A big body like his in the corner or in front of the net would have made a difference. Like I said, its something that coaching will easily fix but its something that should be corrected sooner rather than later.

Minos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 01:04 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
We should've picked <insert player> istead.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote