HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Groulx's contract will not be renewed

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2013, 10:36 AM
  #176
Le depisteur
Registered User
 
Le depisteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 3 min
Avalanche working to close deal with potential goalie coach Francois Allaire today

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...40645415489536

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:44 AM
  #177
Gally11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Anyone listen to interview Eli Wilson had today.. Curious

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:51 AM
  #178
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
I heard part of the reason Allaire lost his last 2 jobs(quit/fired/let go) was because he is very single minded in the kind of style he teaches his goalies and doesn't have a lot of flexibility for individual styles.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  #179
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,478
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I heard part of the reason Allaire lost his last 2 jobs(quit/fired/let go) was because he is very single minded in the kind of style he teaches his goalies and doesn't have a lot of flexibility for individual styles.
Yup and his style is terribad unless you're working with a big goalie with not a lot of skill.

Hopefully Allaire signs there and we avoid that nightmare.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:56 AM
  #180
Pricenyuk
Fear The Bridge Deal
 
Pricenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Vatican City
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 3 min
Avalanche working to close deal with potential goalie coach Francois Allaire today

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...40645415489536
Good. Hopefully they get a deal done. Stay away from Montreal, Allaire.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:56 AM
  #181
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yikes that's a list of really bad candidates... I just Eli Wilson, Waite or Marcoux would be my top contenders, but none of them are exceptional.
We don't necessarily need "exceptional" we have an exceptional talent in Price, just help him play to potential. We don't need a miracle worker.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
  #182
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,261
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Look to Finland for a coach they've been turning out better goaltenders for a while now.
I think you mean Sweden - Lehner, Markstrom, Lindback, Enroth, Fasth, Nihlstorp all entered the NHL recent years.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 11:28 AM
  #183
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,996
vCash: 500
It's going to be Eli Wilson. Heard his interview on TSN 690 and he kept refusing to answer if the Habs had contacted him and said he'll let them be the ones to announce it. He also said that there are many teams he WOULDN'T want to work for but the Habs aren't one of them... said he has a great working relationship with Carey.

__________________
Lucy. Lucy. Lucy.
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 11:32 AM
  #184
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,478
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
It's going to be Eli Wilson. Heard his interview on TSN 690 and he kept refusing to answer if the Habs had contacted him and said he'll let them be the ones to announce it. He also said that there are many teams he WOULDN'T want to work for but the Habs aren't one of them... said he has a great working relationship with Carey.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 11:39 AM
  #185
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,985
vCash: 500
You know there's too much available information combined with people's sheer boredom to even care about who the hell the goaltending coach is.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 11:43 AM
  #186
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You know there's too much available information combined with people's sheer boredom to even care about who the hell the goaltending coach is.
I don't think its a big deal either. I'm much more concerned with our D next season.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
  #187
Habs514
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 2m
François Allaire is the new goalie coach with the Avalanche. Verbal agreement was reach today with Patrick Roy. #RDS

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:12 PM
  #188
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 2m
François Allaire is the new goalie coach with the Avalanche. Verbal agreement was reach today with Patrick Roy. #RDS
Big surprise.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:26 PM
  #189
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I don't think its a big deal either. I'm much more concerned with our D next season.
Of course you are. You shouldn't in any way take this move as to mean there is a concern with the performance of the goaltending position.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM
  #190
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,750
vCash: 500
Price needs someone to train his MIND and not his way of keeping nets. Sometimes you see he's already mentally broken by a shot when he very feebly tries to block it

He's WAY too laid back. Even going to buy himself food seems to be tough for him...

He needs a person that will change the way he thinks; to make him want to block every single darn puck thrown at him with his teeth if need be and not just "try" to stop it.. A bit like Dominic Hasek would do: never abandon on the play!

And that cant be thaught.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  #191
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Price needs someone to train his MIND and not his way of keeping nets. Sometimes you see he's already mentally broken by a shot when he very feebly tries to block it

He's WAY too laid back. Even going to buy himself food seems to be tough for him...

He needs a person that will change the way he thinks; to make him want to block every single darn puck thrown at him with his teeth if need be and not just "try" to stop it.. A bit like Dominic Hasek would do: never abandon on the play!

And that cant be thaught.
When a goalie like Price struggles, ppl say its cuz of lack of fire, when he has success it's because he is calm cool and collected.

Can't have it both ways, there are pros and cons to both.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:51 PM
  #192
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears
 
Saint Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Maybe he'd be great for Price. Or he'd be a disaster. I don't think there's an in between if we choose him. So if we choose him, we'd better be sure.

Do we want Price to be a classic butterfly goalie? I suppose it could work, but I'm not a huge fan of having a young goalie who's been successful change his style because his coach wants him to play that way. Like I said, I'd rather we hire a guy who will let Price play his own game.
Agreed completely, unfortunately for whatever reason I'm still unsure what style that is. Probably because he was coached into playing different styles, hopefully that changes next time around.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 01:28 PM
  #193
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
When a goalie like Price struggles, ppl say its cuz of lack of fire, when he has success it's because he is calm cool and collected.

Can't have it both ways, there are pros and cons to both.
I agree but he should definitely play with a bit more fire and will to win. Ive been watching him goal since his beginnings and he just doesnt "steal" a game, he goals just enough to win it.

While that may be good you also want a goalie that has the extra edge and fire i think to go steal the two points from the other team when all tought we would lose that game. On that aspect Halak was a real fighter; even without having Price's tools.

Halak's spirit and Price's tools would make a great goalie!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
  #194
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,261
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Of course you are. You shouldn't in any way take this move as to mean there is a concern with the performance of the goaltending position.
You also shouldn't consider in any way that this was just a new coach wanting his own personnel.

Melanson was not retained after Jacques Martin took charge in June 2009. Groulx signed on a month later in July 2009 and was someone Martin worked with in the past in Florida. Groulx was not retained with his contract being up with now Therrien being in place...I'd be shocked if the new coach ends up someone that worked with Therrien in the past.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
  #195
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
You also shouldn't consider in any way that this was just a new coach wanting his own personnel.

Melanson was not retained after Jacques Martin took charge in June 2009. Groulx signed on a month later in July 2009 and was someone Martin worked with in the past in Florida. Groulx was not retained with his contract being up with now Therrien being in place...I'd be shocked if the new coach ends up someone that worked with Therrien in the past.
In most circumstances I would agree, however in these cases the goaltending coach was let go/not extended when Price was struggling. This is a performance issue first and foremost , if Price has a great season or puts his team where Quick/Rask have put their teams Groulx is extended.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 01:59 PM
  #196
Saintpatrick*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Pierre Groulx wasn't fired...
His contract wasn't renewed same difference. If Price craps the bed after a third goalie coach then the problem is him not the coaching.

Saintpatrick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 02:18 PM
  #197
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Lizardking89;67004727]His contract wasn't renewed same difference. If Price craps the bed after a third goalie coach then the problem is him not the coaching.[/QUOTE]

That is what I think as well.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
  #198
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I agree but he should definitely play with a bit more fire and will to win. Ive been watching him goal since his beginnings and he just doesnt "steal" a game, he goals just enough to win it.
While that may be good you also want a goalie that has the extra edge and fire i think to go steal the two points from the other team when all tought we would lose that game. On that aspect Halak was a real fighter; even without having Price's tools.

Halak's spirit and Price's tools would make a great goalie!
Craig Anderson stole 3 games from us in round 1 and with better goaltending, that series was ours.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 02:24 PM
  #199
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
It's going to be Eli Wilson. Heard his interview on TSN 690 and he kept refusing to answer if the Habs had contacted him and said he'll let them be the ones to announce it. He also said that there are many teams he WOULDN'T want to work for but the Habs aren't one of them... said he has a great working relationship with Carey.
He would be my guess.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
  #200
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,813
vCash: 500
Could it be?

TVA SPORT

Wilson démontre son intérêt

Eli Wilson pourrait lui aussi devenir un candidat potentiel pour le poste de Groulx.

Ce dernier a d’ailleurs changé son avatar sur son compte Twitter par un masque du Canadien.

Wilson a notamment été entraîneur des gardiens de but avec les Sénateurs d’Ottawa de 2007 à 2010.

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.