HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhail Grabovksy

Old
10-08-2006, 11:37 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Kost is bigger and it will be his 3rd year in NA, the guy is ready, finding a spot for him however is hard on this team. I do believe Kost-Bonk-Perez would be the best 3rd line we can have with our current assets, but this wouldnt be a great line against teams with a lot of grinders. (Toronto, Boston etc) Against fast teams(Ottawa,Buffalo etc) however, Kost would be much more effective than Johnson on that line on every aspects.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:56 AM
SuperUnknown

Wow... just wow...

Some of you are just too high on whoever's hyped and has an exotic name in our system. Bonk played two solid games. Johnson had a great pre-season and was strong last night. Our third line has been excellent so far.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
The problem right now isn't Bonk but Plekanec who just doesn't have the talent to play on a second line...
I see where you're going. Mon petit garçon, c'est évident, you're suffering withdrawal pangs for Ribeiro. However, you should grow up and remind yourself of how Ribs failed to play on Kovalev's level in the playoffs against Carolina, where Kovalev got 4 goals and an assist and Ribeiro got no goals and only 2 assists in 6 games. Right now, Kovalev and Samsonov have to crank THEIR game up to Plekanec's current level, because they're letting HIM down, not the other way around. When his linemates snap out of their funk, Plekanec will look GOOOD.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:52 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Kostitsyn is NOT miles ahead of Grabo unless you are talking about being ready physically. When they played on team Belarus at the WHC, Kosty was one of the guys while Grabo was front and center. Besides, Grabo has a lot more to show in terms of achivements to date than Kosty. For example, during the lockout season, with the RSL loaded with quality NHL talent, Grabo took his no-name team to the playoffs, beating some teams featuring NHL players and finishing top 15 in scoring. During the same year he nearly took Belarus to the Olympics, being named MVP of the tourny. There is no doubt that he needs to adapt to NA game and get a bit stronger, but we all saw what talented, quick little players like Brierre and Gionta can do in the new NHL. I can see Grabo centering our number 2 line once he is ready.
what you need to understand is that RLS (or European hockey) is not the NHL. Kost is indeed MILES ahead of Grabovsky in term of North American hockey.

proof? Bulis was one of the best player in Europe in the NHL lockout even with NHL talent playing around him and on other teams.

But in the NHL he can't play steadily on a 2nd line.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 02:36 PM
hab

I THINK PEREZ IS HOLDING THAT LINE TOGETHER , EVERYTHING THAT THEY DO

IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE IS CREATED BY PEREZ MINUS 1 GOOD SHOT BY JOHNSON.

WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE GET A SHOT AT CENTER, DISPITE ALL

THE BONK LOVERS, HE JUST HAS DONE NOTHING IN THE OPPOSING ZONE TO

JUSTIFY KEEPING THAT SPOT..... I SAY TRY BEGIN, IF IAN LAPPERIERE CAN BREAK

OUT, MAYBE BEGIN CAN ALSO?

A DANCING BANANA, THATS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 03:16 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I see where you're going. Mon petit garçon, c'est évident, you're suffering withdrawal pangs for Ribeiro. However, you should grow up and remind yourself of how Ribs failed to play on Kovalev's level in the playoffs against Carolina, where Kovalev got 4 goals and an assist and Ribeiro got no goals and only 2 assists in 6 games. Right now, Kovalev and Samsonov have to crank THEIR game up to Plekanec's current level, because they're letting HIM down, not the other way around. When his linemates snap out of their funk, Plekanec will look GOOOD.
Yup I was going there. And I continue to think that trading him, even if he's not that great, was a mistake. While the first mistake was to make him play with Kovy since both need to control the puck...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
what you need to understand is that RLS (or European hockey) is not the NHL. Kost is indeed MILES ahead of Grabovsky in term of North American hockey.

proof? Bulis was one of the best player in Europe in the NHL lockout even with NHL talent playing around him and on other teams.

But in the NHL he can't play steadily on a 2nd line.
Yes, in TERMS of NA hockey Kost is ahead - no question about it, as 2 years of the AHL would certainly do it. But what I meant is that Grab is ahead of Kosty in terms of his hockey development and maturity level. And bringing Bulis as a case in point is misguided - Bulis simply does not have the hockey sense and skills to play on the second line in the NHL, regardless of what he did elsewhere. And the Czeck league simply did not compare to the RSL during the lockout year - even some of the best czeck playes - Jagr, Eliash and Sykora - played in the RSL then.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Estimated_Prophet

I think people need to have some patience with Plekanec. Personally I think he has looked very good but Kovalev hasn't stepped it up yet and Samsonov looks lost.

This is a very dynamic trio of players who will take longer to gel then your typical forward group. All three players are very creative and when they start becoming familiar with each others tendencies then things will start clicking.

I believe Higgins is probably a better fit on that line than Samsonov but there is no denying the incredible chemistry between him and Koivu and you simply cannot break that up.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 09:46 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It will be later during the year but it might come down to a Grabovski-Chipchura showdown. May the best man win.
You should not forget Maxim Lapierre, the closest thing we have of being the next Guy Carbonneau. But bigger and meaner.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab View Post
I THINK PEREZ IS HOLDING THAT LINE TOGETHER , EVERYTHING THAT THEY DO

IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE IS CREATED BY PEREZ MINUS 1 GOOD SHOT BY JOHNSON.

WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE GET A SHOT AT CENTER, DISPITE ALL

THE BONK LOVERS, HE JUST HAS DONE NOTHING IN THE OPPOSING ZONE TO

JUSTIFY KEEPING THAT SPOT..... I SAY TRY BEGIN, IF IAN LAPPERIERE CAN BREAK

OUT, MAYBE BEGIN CAN ALSO?

A DANCING BANANA, THATS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
that post made me thought about something, where the heck is JOHNNY V?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Yup I was going there. And I continue to think that trading him, even if he's not that great, was a mistake. While the first mistake was to make him play with Kovy since both need to control the puck...
There was no first mistake. He didn't play with Kovalev for the entire season. At one time or another he played with many different linemates, including Dagenais, Ryder, Higgins, Plekanec, Bulis, and Perezhogin, before he was united with Kovalev. He clicked with no one, his point total went down from the previous season, his +/- rating deteriorated, and he was all but worthless in the playoffs (for the second season in a row). So don't blame Kovalev for Ribeiro's poor showing. There had to be a rationale to his being traded before this season started. Gainey had seen enough.

Old
10-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
that post made me thought about something, where the heck is JOHNNY V?
I think Boston's lowly showing last season took the starch out of his shirt. The Bruins lost 7 out of 8 to the Habs, were shut out 3 times by Huet, and didn't make the playoffs.