HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/7/06 Panthers Vs Thrashers

Old
10-08-2006, 11:25 AM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey View Post
weiss didnt look weak; what are you talking about

weiss was one of the players that gave a damn last night. he went out there and skated hard.
he's skating fine. he's just not making anything happen at all. he looked weak on faceoffs, but then again, so did the entire team last night. probably wasn't right to single him out in a putrid team effort like we saw last night but just wanted to point out that, so far, he hasn't really looked like someone who is ready to break out.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:59 AM
harv3317

hey guys. gotta say we were very sloppy both games. auld saved our bacon on friday and eddie left us out to dry sat. we had no flow, our d was weak, belfour was putrid, but we didn't play well against boston either. auld was superb and we clicked offensively, but we gave up way to many chances to boston as well!!! we have to improve defensively and belfour has to play like an nhl goalie. man he really disappointed me. he'll prob get the start in toronto. if he doesn't it may cause internal problems. man, why didn't we get legacy!!! i still think belfour's acquisition was the final nail in keenan's coffin!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Killercan7*

vCash:
Is anyone going to start the GDT for the Leafs and Panthers game on Monday.

Old
10-08-2006, 12:12 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey View Post
weiss didnt look weak; what are you talking about

weiss was one of the players that gave a damn last night. he went out there and skated hard.
Agreed. There was one play in particular that I noticed he was pretty strong on his skates. He lost the puck while just entering Atlanta's zone and I think it was Exelby who picked up the pick. Weiss skated back hard and lifted XLB's stick before he barely got through the neutral zone to get the puck back.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 12:24 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killercan7 View Post
If Belfour plays, there is no point.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Killercan7*

vCash:
Do we really have a Proven #1 goalie

Old
10-08-2006, 02:20 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Well, Auld is very solid from what I've seen. a .919 Save % is not too shabby.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Lauser3*

Quote:
Yes, his name is Alex Auld. Why Martin doesn't use him against our division rivals though, is the question???

Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 03:42 PM
RedHotChiliPanthers

Send a message via MSN to RedHotChiliPanthers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Sooo, why'd the team struggle with Luongo in net for so many years? Shaky goaltending?
Nope, lack of talent and experience up front, bad defenses and lack of a winning system is why the teams struggled most of the time. It's not like the teams were worried that the goalie couldn't keep them in the games. If there was one thing the players would say about the Panthers during Luongo's time here, it was the consistent effort from him back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Non-playoff contender after one game...who's the emotional one?
Man, you make no sense. The team played like a non-playoff team last night. Are you disputing that? I'm not saying the team is a non-playoff team, but that's how they played like last night. I didn't get too excited after the 1st game, unlike most here and I am not saying we're a disaster after that second game either, what my statement was meant to show is that having shaky goaltending puts the team in a delicate situation and that on every night things can go real bad. We might as well be prepared for the roller coaster. Go talk to Flyers fans about all those seasons with great players and below-average goaltending how they felt about it.

RedHotChiliPanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 04:39 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Quote:
Ill do it ill make it short and sweet . The players seemed pretty pissed at themselves in the papers and know that they should have gave more . I am sure we are gonna bounce bk tomorrow night. GO PANTHERS GO!

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 05:04 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
Ill do it ill make it short and sweet . The players seemed pretty pissed at themselves in the papers and know that they should have gave more . I am sure we are gonna bounce bk tomorrow night. GO PANTHERS GO!
that's a bunch of you know what. they said all the same things they said after every game last november. talk is cheap. they've had 2 mediocre (at best) defensive efforts. i'd rather someone say nothing than hear the same old tired garbage.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 05:19 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaels87 View Post
that's a bunch of you know what. they said all the same things they said after every game last november. talk is cheap. they've had 2 mediocre (at best) defensive efforts. i'd rather someone say nothing than hear the same old tired garbage.
I know what ur saying but lets see if they do something about it tomorrow . Lets see if they can talk , the talk and walk the walk. I will do The GDT tomorrow in case anyone is wondering lol.

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote