HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Early look at the 2014 QMJHL draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2013, 09:31 AM
  #1
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Early look at the 2014 QMJHL draft

1. Keith Getson—F—Western Hurricanes 6’00/180 29 50 31 81
2. Mitchell Balmas—F—Breton Sport 6’01/168 20 21 16 37
3. Luke Green—D—Mobil 1 Barons 6’00/155 31 17 41 58
4. Evan Fitzpatrick—G—Newbridge 6’02/170 10 05 2.56 .942
5. Michael Campoli—D—LSL Esp 6’02/180 28 06 23 29
6. Hunter Moreau—F—West Island Royals 5’08/162 25 29 14 43
7. Michael O’Leary—F—ACCEL Hawks 6’00/155 29 17 29 46
8. Samuel Girard—D—Espoire Lac St Jean 0’00/000 03 00 03 03
9. Barrett Dachyshyn—F—ACCEL Hawks 6’03/170 20 20 15 35
10. Ryan Brushett—F—Verdun 0’00/000 15 15 06 21
11. Nicolas Patry-Gingras—D—Gatineau MM 6’00/171 31 02 07 09
12. Felix Lauzon—F—Magog MM 5’08/162 33 06 14 20
13. Reilly Pickard—G—ACCEL Hawks 5’11/168 08 02 1.20 .939
14. Samuel Guilbault—F—Esperviers 0’00/000 30 28 20 48
15. Charles-Olivier Ouimet—Conquerants 5’06/138 27 20 15 35
16. Mathieu Sevigny—F—Gouv Rive Nord 0’00/000 19 19 19 38
17. Gabriel Sylvestre—D—Conquerants 6’01/158 15 02 06 08
18. Andrew Murphy—D—Notre Dame 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
19. Sam Harvey—G—Espoi Lac St Jean 5’10/150
20. Charles Taillon—F—Seigneurs de Beaub 5’10/170 20 20 17 37
21. Lucas Thierus—F—Seigneurs 5’06/142 14 13 09 22
22. Sandro Silvestre—G—West Island 0’00/000 07 02 1.53
23. Brett Crossley—F—Shattuck Bantam 0’00/000 23 14 12 26
24. Matt Green—F—Mobil 1 Barons 5’10/140 29 25 37 62
25. Tyler Hylland—F—Suro 0’00/000 22 25 14 39
26. Connor Peveril—F—Newbridge 5’09/142 31 33 33 66
27. Yan Doggett—F—Pionners 0’00/000 11 11 06 17
28. Charles-Louis Lemay-F-Conquerants 5’09/139 16 10 08 18
29. Taylor LeBlanc—F—Fredricton MM 6’00/154 20 02 07 09
30. Peter Abbondonato--F--Laval 0'00/000 23 16 17 33


Last edited by scoutman1: 06-05-2013 at 09:10 PM.
scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 09:37 AM
  #2
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
yaaaaaay 2014 stuff! Early so it'll likely change a ton but an exciting year for the Maritimes, hopefully they pan out in Midget.

Scarecrow Boat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 10:04 AM
  #3
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Scoutman, I've seen you mention Evan Fitzpatrick before and call him the best goaltending prospect in North America for his age. What else can you tell me about him? How does he compare to Zach Fucale at the same age?

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 10:36 AM
  #4
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
Scoutman, I've seen you mention Evan Fitzpatrick before and call him the best goaltending prospect in North America for his age. What else can you tell me about him? How does he compare to Zach Fucale at the same age?
Big, very, very Big

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  #5
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
Scoutman, I've seen you mention Evan Fitzpatrick before and call him the best goaltending prospect in North America for his age. What else can you tell me about him? How does he compare to Zach Fucale at the same age?
well it is very hard to compare goalies. I personally think Fitzpatrick is great in a different way, he is very big right now, excellent reflexes and speed for a big guy, he has great positional game as well and is very smart and confident in nets, the kid to me looks like one of the best goaltending prospects in a long time from the east cost, to me he looks like a better Brandon Whitney, but he still has to go through Midget and see how he does there.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 10:46 AM
  #6
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
well it is very hard to compare goalies. I personally think Fitzpatrick is great in a different way, he is very big right now, excellent reflexes and speed for a big guy, he has great positional game as well and is very smart and confident in nets, the kid to me looks like one of the best goaltending prospects in a long time from the east cost, to me he looks like a better Brandon Whitney, but he still has to go through Midget and see how he does there.
Ye after Dawe this season I'm holding judgement until I see him in Midget

Scarecrow Boat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 11:14 AM
  #7
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Ye after Dawe this season I'm holding judgement until I see him in Midget
ya dawe had potential and never got any better as the year went on he flat lined for sure, he was raw in talent and everyone though he would put it together, but if you watch this kid play it just makes you say wow this kid is going to be something, he already has it together and the mental game.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 11:18 AM
  #8
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
ya dawe had potential and never got any better as the year went on, but if you watch his kid play it just makes you say wow this kid is going to be something.
I went to watch him specifically and they played Zach Cadwell... That happens to me a lot for some reason. Ended up focusing Peveril and a little defenseman, I wanna say McMullin? but he was really tiny

Scarecrow Boat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 01:34 PM
  #9
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
well it is very hard to compare goalies. I personally think Fitzpatrick is great in a different way, he is very big right now, excellent reflexes and speed for a big guy, he has great positional game as well and is very smart and confident in nets, the kid to me looks like one of the best goaltending prospects in a long time from the east cost, to me he looks like a better Brandon Whitney, but he still has to go through Midget and see how he does there.
Yeah, I didn't mean stylistically to Fucale, I meant like level of prospect. That's exciting, I really can't remember the last time a goalie went to 5 in any of the CHL drafts. Will definitely be tracking this kid for the next few years.

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 01:49 PM
  #10
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Looks like a strong year for LSL.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM
  #11
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Hockey Québec has unveiled the players invited to its U16 team (basically the top 98s in its eyes). http://hockey.qc.ca/headline/detail....y=1175&id=3289

Le Phénix du Collège Esther-Blondin should have a pretty good D corps as there are 3 Conquérants defencemen amongst the top-12 1998 Qc-born D + the best 1999 player in the province who is also a Conquérant D. Only surprise for me is JM DiGregorio not being invited. He was thought to be the best PeeWee player in the province 2 years ago.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 04:46 PM
  #12
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Is Thomas Grégoire from Sherbrooke Midget Espoir related to Jérémy Grégoire?

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
  #13
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Hockey Québec has unveiled the players invited to its U16 team (basically the top 98s in its eyes). http://hockey.qc.ca/headline/detail....y=1175&id=3289

Le Phénix du Collège Esther-Blondin should have a pretty good D corps as there are 3 Conquérants defencemen amongst the top-12 1998 Qc-born D + the best 1999 player in the province who is also a Conquérant D. Only surprise for me is JM DiGregorio not being invited. He was thought to be the best PeeWee player in the province 2 years ago.
ya the 1999 born group there are two exceptional players coming up for this draft:

1. Mathieu Charlebois—D—Conquerants 6’00/180 28 05 12 17
2. Blake Jamieson—F—Kings County Kings 0’00/000 24 25 10 35

Charlebois is by far the best defender to come out of quebec at this age in a LONG TIME, and Jamieson is the best PEI has produced since Brad Richards.

and then there are 10 amazing players.

3. Shane Bowers—F—Bubba Rays 5’06/110 31 21 18 39
4. Joël Teasdale—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 31 20 14 34
5. Jeffrey Durocher—F—Seigeurs 5’07/113 27 14 09 23
6. Derek Gentile—F—Breton Cougars 5’03/122 31 19 24 43
7. Antoine Lessard—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 28 11 09 20
8. Cole Rafuse—F—Kings 6’00/188 28 19 14 33
9. Alec Richer—D—Selects de Nord 5’09/155 15 01 03 04
10. Jesse Sichard—F—Seiguers 5’04/115 14 02 07 09
11. Adam Dawe—F—Central NFLD Bantam 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
12. Devon Blackmore-MacDonald—F—Dart 6’01/168 29 16 10 26

and for this draft I have not even have the Lac St Louis kids, or the other bantam areas in quebec except the montreal area right now.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 05:46 PM
  #14
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
ya the 1999 born group there are two exceptional players coming up for this draft:

1. Mathieu Charlebois—D—Conquerants 6’00/180 28 05 12 17
2. Blake Jamieson—F—Kings County Kings 0’00/000 24 25 10 35

Charlebois is by far the best defender to come out of quebec at this age in a LONG TIME, and Jamieson is the best PEI has produced since Brad Richards.

and then there are 10 amazing players.

3. Shane Bowers—F—Bubba Rays 5’06/110 31 21 18 39
4. Joël Teasdale—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 31 20 14 34
5. Jeffrey Durocher—F—Seigeurs 5’07/113 27 14 09 23
6. Derek Gentile—F—Breton Cougars 5’03/122 31 19 24 43
7. Antoine Lessard—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 28 11 09 20
8. Cole Rafuse—F—Kings 6’00/188 28 19 14 33
9. Alec Richer—D—Selects de Nord 5’09/155 15 01 03 04
10. Jesse Sichard—F—Seiguers 5’04/115 14 02 07 09
11. Adam Dawe—F—Central NFLD Bantam 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
12. Devon Blackmore-MacDonald—F—Dart 6’01/168 29 16 10 26

and for this draft I have not even have the Lac St Louis kids, or the other bantam areas in quebec except the montreal area right now.
Conquerants have a legendary program.. I'd love to coach there..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM
  #15
Cedream
Registered User
 
Cedream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Saint-Eustache
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Decent mock draft!!

Cedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 06:35 PM
  #16
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Scoutman: What's your take on Sandro Sylvestre ? Really like his game so far. Looks like the real deal and gather he's a great kid. Tyler Hylland is another kid I think will surprise many. He's a very impressive skater with natural goal scoring abilities. Very smart decision maker that reads the play well. Well liked by coaches and peers. Eager to learn. Good shot with great accuracy. Moves good laterally and plays a good game in all three zones. Tommy Tanner has be excited too. Hard nosed kid that battles hard shift in shift out. Tough but also skilled enough to be effective offensively.


Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 06-05-2013 at 06:42 PM.
WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 07:20 PM
  #17
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Is Thomas Grégoire from Sherbrooke Midget Espoir related to Jérémy Grégoire?
Yes, they are brothers.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 07:22 PM
  #18
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back
 
Wee Baby Seamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,331
vCash: 500
What's your opinion on Graham Rutledge, D Accel Hawks?

Wee Baby Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:23 PM
  #19
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Scoutman, I haven't watched this draft class a whole lot. If you could give me some names of kids from NB and PEI to look out for it'd be great. I'm looking for every player type, from scorers, playmakers, grinders, to offensive and defensive defencemen, to goalies. Thanks in advance.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:12 PM
  #20
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
ya the 1999 born group there are two exceptional players coming up for this draft:

1. Mathieu Charlebois—D—Conquerants 6’00/180 28 05 12 17
2. Blake Jamieson—F—Kings County Kings 0’00/000 24 25 10 35

Charlebois is by far the best defender to come out of quebec at this age in a LONG TIME, and Jamieson is the best PEI has produced since Brad Richards.

and then there are 10 amazing players.

3. Shane Bowers—F—Bubba Rays 5’06/110 31 21 18 39
4. Joël Teasdale—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 31 20 14 34
5. Jeffrey Durocher—F—Seigeurs 5’07/113 27 14 09 23
6. Derek Gentile—F—Breton Cougars 5’03/122 31 19 24 43
7. Antoine Lessard—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 28 11 09 20
8. Cole Rafuse—F—Kings 6’00/188 28 19 14 33
9. Alec Richer—D—Selects de Nord 5’09/155 15 01 03 04
10. Jesse Sichard—F—Seiguers 5’04/115 14 02 07 09
11. Adam Dawe—F—Central NFLD Bantam 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
12. Devon Blackmore-MacDonald—F—Dart 6’01/168 29 16 10 26

and for this draft I have not even have the Lac St Louis kids, or the other bantam areas in quebec except the montreal area right now.
Do you think any of the Maritime kids, particularly Dawe or Jamieson, will be heading to prep school next season?

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:35 PM
  #21
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Scoutman: What's your take on Sandro Sylvestre ? Really like his game so far. Looks like the real deal and gather he's a great kid. Tyler Hylland is another kid I think will surprise many. He's a very impressive skater with natural goal scoring abilities. Very smart decision maker that reads the play well. Well liked by coaches and peers. Eager to learn. Good shot with great accuracy. Moves good laterally and plays a good game in all three zones. Tommy Tanner has be excited too. Hard nosed kid that battles hard shift in shift out. Tough but also skilled enough to be effective offensively.
Sandro Sylvestre or do you mean Gabriel Sylvestre the defender for Conquerants?

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  #22
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
Sandro Sylvestre or do you mean Gabriel Sylvestre the defender for Conquerants?
You're right, I did get them mixed up but I'd love to hear your take on both.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:46 PM
  #23
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
You're right, I did get them mixed up but I'd love to hear your take on both.
Heard good things about Gabriel Sylvestre's upside. Could have a big season with Collège Esther-Blondin next year.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:05 PM
  #24
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
You're right, I did get them mixed up but I'd love to hear your take on both.
the goalie one I think is excellent, I think he has a chance to go in the top 3 rounds of the draft, he has a lot of potential for sure.

the defender is without question a great prospect for next year....he has great size, excellent poise and great passing ability.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:45 PM
  #25
hockey2hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
ya the 1999 born group there are two exceptional players coming up for this draft:

1. Mathieu Charlebois—D—Conquerants 6’00/180 28 05 12 17
2. Blake Jamieson—F—Kings County Kings 0’00/000 24 25 10 35

Charlebois is by far the best defender to come out of quebec at this age in a LONG TIME, and Jamieson is the best PEI has produced since Brad Richards.

and then there are 10 amazing players.

3. Shane Bowers—F—Bubba Rays 5’06/110 31 21 18 39
4. Joël Teasdale—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 31 20 14 34
5. Jeffrey Durocher—F—Seigeurs 5’07/113 27 14 09 23
6. Derek Gentile—F—Breton Cougars 5’03/122 31 19 24 43
7. Antoine Lessard—F—Grands Duc 0’00/000 28 11 09 20
8. Cole Rafuse—F—Kings 6’00/188 28 19 14 33
9. Alec Richer—D—Selects de Nord 5’09/155 15 01 03 04
10. Jesse Sichard—F—Seiguers 5’04/115 14 02 07 09
11. Adam Dawe—F—Central NFLD Bantam 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
12. Devon Blackmore-MacDonald—F—Dart 6’01/168 29 16 10 26

and for this draft I have not even have the Lac St Louis kids, or the other bantam areas in quebec except the montreal area right now.
I would definitely throw Avery Warner (Nova X) in the mix here, probably even before Blackmore. He is a dynamic player that plays both ends and has a great shot. Size may be a consideration, will have to wait there.

hockey2hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.