HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2013, 03:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
I'm hungry now .

Old
05-30-2013, 08:26 AM
SolidSnakeUS

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...194405203.html

Way more doctors should do this.

Old
05-30-2013, 08:49 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I wonder what the implications are for people that are paying for health insurance...

05-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I wonder what the implications are for people that are paying for health insurance...
Yes, and also people who get health insurance/benefits through work. I would be pissed if I had to pay full price instead of a co-pay. Seems like the doctor is just a little pissed at how long it takes them to get paid probably lol.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:00 AM
SolidSnakeUS

For those though that can't afford health care, it's a really viable option.

Old
05-30-2013, 04:16 PM
BernieParent

Digital rectal exams remain $100,000 each.

Old
05-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Coffe

Just a curious question on the health care in USA. I know that it is largely based on health insurance and private health care facilities, but what implications will Obamacare have to the common man?

Just wondering since it was deemed controversial when reinforced in 2010.

Edit: I know this is a very vague question but I'll appreciate any kind of input.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffe View Post
Just a curious question on the health care in USA. I know that it is largely based on health insurance and private health care facilities, but what implications will Obamacare have to the common man?

Just wondering since it was deemed controversial when reinforced in 2010.

Edit: I know this is a very vague question but I'll appreciate any kind of input.
For the average person it means that an individual can't be denied insurance based on a pre-existing condition (putting the US on the moral high ground achieved by every other democracy 60 years ago) and the penalty for being a woman was largely removed. Students can stay on their parents' plan(s) for longer and poor people will be heavily subsidized by the Federal Government... for states that are participating (the Supreme Court disallowed some compulsory sections of the law). Early figures from states that are ahead of the game are showing rates that are really good.

For states that aren't participating fully, there are still going to be large gaps in coverage among the poor. The Affordable Care Act is the law of the land. The states refusing what isn't mandated are really ****ing over their own poor. It's not a stand that makes sense. They are basically turning down 90 cents of Federal funding for ever 10 cents that they spend.

For those that are more progressive, the ACA is criticized for being a love letter to the insurance companies as they are virtually guaranteed profits now whereas, they argue, a single-payer system would be cheaper without the middle-man.

Like most controversial things in America these days the actual affect on the average person isn't going to be all that great. Certainly not the doom and gloom that some have predicted. The only group that will be negatively affected in a moderate way will be those lucky enough to have "Cadillac" health plans... there will be a penalty on those since they are extremely expensive and resource intensive.

Old
06-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Coffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
For the average person it means that an individual can't be denied insurance based on a pre-existing condition (putting the US on the moral high ground achieved by every other democracy 60 years ago) and the penalty for being a woman was largely removed. Students can stay on their parents' plan(s) for longer and poor people will be heavily subsidized by the Federal Government... for states that are participating (the Supreme Court disallowed some compulsory sections of the law). Early figures from states that are ahead of the game are showing rates that are really good.

For states that aren't participating fully, there are still going to be large gaps in coverage among the poor. The Affordable Care Act is the law of the land. The states refusing what isn't mandated are really ****ing over their own poor. It's not a stand that makes sense. They are basically turning down 90 cents of Federal funding for ever 10 cents that they spend.

For those that are more progressive, the ACA is criticized for being a love letter to the insurance companies as they are virtually guaranteed profits now whereas, they argue, a single-payer system would be cheaper without the middle-man.

Like most controversial things in America these days the actual affect on the average person isn't going to be all that great. Certainly not the doom and gloom that some have predicted. The only group that will be negatively affected in a moderate way will be those lucky enough to have "Cadillac" health plans... there will be a penalty on those since they are extremely expensive and resource intensive.

Thank you very much for this.

Just a follow-up question, how, or rather why was women penalized for being a woman previously?

Old
06-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffe View Post
Thank you very much for this.

Just a follow-up question, how, or rather why was women penalized for being a woman previously?
Probably because they visit the doctor more often and their procedures are more costly

Old
06-03-2013, 09:15 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

The problem with Obamacare is that it pretty much leaves unresolved the continued rising cost of healthcare....

Having said this..invest in Urgent Care type business models...private equity is. That business is seeing a big increase and will benefit from all the new customers that Obamacare legislated.

Old
06-03-2013, 04:02 PM
kicksave27

Our premiums are increasing even more than they usually do on a yearly basis. People who were working 40 hours without insurance are seeing their hours cut to 30 so their employers do not have to offer insurance, and they are still forced to buy a govt plan which they can't afford. Self insured folks ar going to be required to buy more expensive plans that cover all the preventative care mandates. It's 2,000 pages of regulation that no legislator actually read in full before they voted on, and is to be administered by the IRS, who really doesn't have the best record and a non ellected group of officials. It adds millions of people while paying doctors less for their services. It really won't go well, it's not actually going into fill affect until 2014.

Fiscally it's another underfunded entitlement. It was a poorly guided attempt to get a quasi social medicine program which needed to go a lot further to get to one payer with the large jump in taxes required. Or they should have simply had national tort reform and have insurance compete across state lines. More and more I'm convinced that Canada as a nation really has their stuff together far better than the US.

Old
06-05-2013, 11:26 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I don't care what anyone says to the contrary: Wawa is the best and always will be the best.

Old
06-05-2013, 12:48 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says to the contrary: Wawa is the best and always will be the best.
I worked there when I was in high school and it's a little hard for me to enjoy Wawa deli items like I used to.

As far as healthcare goes, my health insurance actually dropped this year by a significant amount.

As far as obsequious banter goes:

Old
06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
BernieParent

I just saw the CNN report about the building collapse in Philly after a demolition gone wrong. Some injuries but no deaths, thank God, according to what they are saying.

Old
06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I just saw the CNN report about the building collapse in Philly after a demolition gone wrong. Some injuries but no deaths, thank God, according to what they are saying.
It was a pretty large, vacant building. I'm curious to find out whether or not shady business played a roll in this disaster. I heard there was some odd behavior last night - people tossing bricks from the top of the building..

It's always sunny in Philly.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
There are now 6 reported deaths I believe.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
It was a pretty large, vacant building. I'm curious to find out whether or not shady business played a roll in this disaster. I heard there was some odd behavior last night - people tossing bricks from the top of the building..

It's always sunny in Philly.
I guess they removed and tossed the load bearing bricks.

06-06-2013, 04:00 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Agreed, I don't know what I would do with out it.

Johnny Knoxville shares the same opinion as well apparently.

Old
06-07-2013, 08:04 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Agreed, I don't know what I would do with out it.

Johnny Knoxville shares the same opinion as well apparently.
Hah I didn't know they called him Wawa. I've seen two of his films and they are so crazy.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:45 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Hah I didn't know they called him Wawa. I've seen two of his films and they are so crazy.
From the stories they've told on Preston and Steve (local radio), it was one of those drunken, middle of the night, spur of the moment things. Might have been a dare. But he does love/own it.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
On the same day this occurred, a team of workers arrived at the building behind my office to work on the brickwork at the foundation. It's making me just a bit nervous.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:39 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That'll do it.

One of my coworkers knew the head contractor of the demo job. Apparently he has a pretty shady past.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:15 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I'm doing a mentoring program at work. One of my buddies just told me that the intern I got paired up with was talking some trash, saying "he got paired up with the weirdest dude ever." I've had minimal interaction with the intern for him to make such a bold statement. What a ****ing *******.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
I'm doing a mentoring program at work. One of my buddies just told me that the intern I got paired up with was talking some trash, saying "he got paired up with the weirdest dude ever." I've had minimal interaction with the intern for him to make such a bold statement. What a ****ing *******.
Make him pay. Give him a razorblade and tell him to scrape the dirt out of every single crack he can find, anywhere. For the next 40 hours.

Closed Thread