HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Best clubs in Montreal?

Old
10-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Le Club de Hockey Canadien de Montreal

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Actually, the Tories have raised the age of consent to 16 a couple of months ago.
Whaaa? I didn't get that memo...anyway, I'll blame Fuzzy's Brossard if anything happens.

To the original poster: not sure if you're looking for a club or a lounge...Opera should have the type of crowd you're looking for...Jello Bar is not a bad option...1234 is more trance/house than it is R&B, and the crowd there is younger than it was in the past...Rouge is another option, but I usually avoid that place cuz most chicks there aren't too attractive...it's a great place to go if you just wanna chill and you're not hunting for anything hehe (since you have a gf, I'm guessing you won't be hunting).

Most clubs are filled with people under 21. If you want older, go to Mont-Royal street...most lounges/bars there have nice crowds.

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 10:52 PM
oop007*

circus/aria

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:24 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Yep. It's really boring and the music sucks, unless you go there on a Thursday.

As said earlier, you could probably score many aunts at the Lover or at the Tops.
Your sex life is gonna end pretty early in your life from the sounds of it.

Thanks for the advice tho...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:38 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
Circus/Aria/Stereo/Red Lite

2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:51 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Vatican, System, Opera...went to all of these, pretty good clubs which my fiance likes, if you live near Laval you could go to Fuzzy's...but thats for younger people in the 17-19 yr old range.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 12:04 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

OT: Favorite bars in Montreal?

Hey guys, inspired by the club thread, I thought I'd start one about bars...Alot of us probably hang out in the same place and don't even know it!

I'll start with my darkhorse pick...Cafe Veranda on Prince Arthur...Now I know that those of you who have been there probably think it sucks, and yeah, I can see how you'd think that, but the place holds sentimental value to me and my buds...See, a long time ago...Almost 7 years ago, me and my friends used to go to Bal Masqué on Prince Arthur. Cheap beer ($2.75) and video poker, plus the guy didn't care about carding or anything and at 14 it was the only place we could get into. We went there for a year or 2...Many good times. One day, we decided to go drinking at Bal, only to find a smoldering crater where it had once stood. Doh! It was a Hell's Angels' bar and they burnt it down! So we went accross the street, to Veranda (at the time it was called Cafe du Nuit) and it became our new favorite place...Just so many memories there we always end up going back.

Also it's a decent place to watch the game, it's often empty but at least you can always get a seat in front of the big screen TV, and the food is just sublime. They have the most varied menu ever and the food and excellent and cheap.

Anyways, moving on...

-Brutopia is always good, but it's so packed and kinda expensive so we don't go that much anymore.

-Mad Hatters is classic, I like how it is now that they moved onto Cresent and expanded with the terrace on the roof. I watch alot of games there, the food is ok and the atmosphere on game-days is great. Alot of underagers though.

-Winnie's is ok too, but pretty expensive.

-St-Sulpice is awesome, great food, cheap beer, best terrace in Montreal.

-Lately I've started going to 3 Brasseurs. Good place to watch the game, the beer is very good (love La Blanche) and nothing, NOTHING beats the Spicy Italian Flamm. It's just so damn tasty...Wow. They also have some interesting beer cocktails, which can go either way. I had the Beer-Whiskey-Maple Syrup cocktail and it was ok, but I got sick of it fast. Only real problem is that it random is closed some nights.

-I haven't been there yet, but I hear the new Peel Pub is nice. I hated Peel Pub with a passion, it was just so dirty and trashy...And I heard so many horror stories from people working there about recycling beer, really turned me off. But apparently they've really cleaned up.

-Cheers is sometimes fun...I've gotten into a couple of fights there because the crowd is so aggressive but when it's not too packed I like it alot.

-I hate Mckibbons. Hate.

-La Maisonnée near Cote-des-Neiges metro is very nice. Good food and cheap beer, can't ask for more.

-Reggie's Concordia represent

-Hurley's is nice but a bit too packed sometimes.

Hmm I can't really think of anywhere else I tend to be most of the time...The above is usually where I am...I'm probably forgetting some places but for the most part you'll find me at one of those places most nights.

What about you?

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Quiet Robert

Frappé Represent! It's kind of a dump, but I love that place.

Also BDP (Bar des Pins) Small, quiet place. Pool tables available, but can get annoying w/ loud undergrads.

I don't know why you don't like McKibbons waffledave, it's a pretty cool place.

Hurley's is great. Awesome place, but can be crowded.

Brutopia is overrated. St. Suplice is awesome.

Great dive bar is Roy Bar. The music is too loud and they play skateboarding videos on the giant screen, and it's tiny but it's a fun time.

But I have to say, we're spoiled in Montreal. You go to other places and it just doesn't compare. There's so many great bars in this city you could spend all day naming them all. Other cities in Canada I've spent time in just don't compare. I've never been to Toronto, so I can't compare, but I've been to many other places in Canada and we're spoiled in Montreal.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
-I haven't been there yet, but I hear the new Peel Pub is nice. I hated Peel Pub with a passion, it was just so dirty and trashy...And I heard so many horror stories from people working there about recycling beer, really turned me off. But apparently they've really cleaned up.
Oh Peel Pub.

The 5 Liter pitchers are classic, the 2 dollar meals etc... It's so dirty and gross, but whenever you bring people from out of town to they want to see it. I haven't been to the new location yet, but went to the other one enough times to know better.

Old
10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I liked a lot the St-Sulpice, the "melon d'eau" (shooter) tasted reeeeeeeeeeally good! And like waffledave said, there is a really nice terrace!

I also went to the Boogeys bar... nice place to play pool or ping pong, or whatever. It's really huge inside.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 12:24 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
I don't know why you don't like McKibbons waffledave, it's a pretty cool place.
The downstairs is ok, but I hate the club-ish part upstairs. It's so small and always rediculously crowded...Fights are always breaking out there because it's so packed. They don't let you wear a baseball hat. The urinals are just a giant waterfall and I always end up being drunk and somehow falling in or accidently putting my hand in it while I'm trying to balance myself. Also I find it hard to pee in a waterfall with 5 other guys standing there and the waterfall being visible to half the tables in there.

I guess it's not that bad but I've never particularly liked it.

Old
10-09-2006, 12:26 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Oh Peel Pub.

The 5 Liter pitchers are classic, the 2 dollar meals etc... It's so dirty and gross, but whenever you bring people from out of town to they want to see it. I haven't been to the new location yet, but went to the other one enough times to know better.
I never understand how people could stand to eat there...The tables are all sticky and the food is just repulsive! I mean you're paying $2 for a plate of spaghetti. Come on!

And the giant pitchers with **** floating in them... Not to mention the abundance of 14 year olds.

Does anyone remember O'blitz? When I was 13 that was THE place to go, they hardly ever carded there. It was like a high school dance...We'd go and have 2 shots and be smashed

Old
10-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
The downstairs is ok, but I hate the club-ish part upstairs. It's so small and always rediculously crowded...Fights are always breaking out there because it's so packed. They don't let you wear a baseball hat. The urinals are just a giant waterfall and I always end up being drunk and somehow falling in or accidently putting my hand in it while I'm trying to balance myself. Also I find it hard to pee in a waterfall with 5 other guys standing there and the waterfall being visible to half the tables in there.

I guess it's not that bad but I've never particularly liked it.
Yeah that's true, those urinals are really weird and it is kind of awkward peeing into a waterfall while being surrounded by guys.

I never got why they did it that way. I like it, but for an Irish bar, Hurley's is the place to go imo.

Edit: I reread my post and I just wanted to clarify. I didn't mean that I like peeing into a waterfall while being surrounded by guys, I meant I like McKibbins, but that Hurley's is a much better Irish pub.

Old
10-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Hotstreak

I don't know about Jello bar, but the place above it is REALLY happening.

Hotstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:11 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Orchid is okay... Vatican is godawful.

Truth to be told, I hate clubs. Head to the Hurley's instead.
amen to that

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:15 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

-The St-Elizabeth (bar): the terrasse is the nicest in MTL so go there on a nice sunny day. Location: St-Catherine & St-Elizabeth near Berri-Uquam metro or St-Denis st.

-Brutopia (bar) : On Crescent but south of St-Catherines (Guy Concordia Metro)

-Mckibins (bar/restaurant): http://www.mckibbinsirishpub.com/ Location: St-Catherine & Bishop (Guy Condordia Metro)

-L'Barouf (bar) : St-Denis & Rachel st (Metro Mont-Royal)

-Ye Olde Orchard (bar/restaurant) : 2 locations On Monkland (Metro Villa Maria) or Downtown 1189 rue de la Montagne (Peel Metro or Metro Bonaventure) : http://www.yeoldeorchard.com/

--Les 3 Brasseurs (bar/restaurant) : http://www.les3brasseurs.ca/
2 on St-Catherine st: Corner Mcgill College in front of the Eaton Centre or corner Crescent
One in the old Port and one on St-Denis

I think we should have a sticky of places people can go in MTL... it would be more for out of towners

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
The Ste Elizabeth terrace is insane. Definitely the best in town.

La Maisonnee is where the "4 a 7" of my program is held (Ecole de Criminologie, UdM).

St Sulpice is always good. Pretty good terrace but it's not Ste Elizabeth. One thing its got on the other is the sheer size.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Orange

Every Montreal University alumni knows the best beer in town is at the Dieu du Ciel (Laurier/St-Urbin).

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:31 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Dang I forgot about St-Elizabeth...I go there too but I prefer St-Sulpice.

Old
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM
DicAnns

Quote:
-St-Sulpice is awesome, great food, cheap beer, best terrace in Montreal.
-Lately I've started going to 3 Brasseurs.
-La Maisonnée near Cote-des-Neiges metro is very nice. Good food and cheap beer, can't ask for more.
-St-Sulpice is my go to place... I'm there at least once a week.
-3 Brasseurs is also pretty cool (i only went to the one on St-Denis). I usually go there for lunch rather than for heavy drinking. Their food is surprisingly good!
-La maisonnée is one of the places I go to watch the games... it's a 2min walk from home.

Other places I visit pretty often:

- Ste-Elizabeth: a more classy, more expensive version of st-sulpice.
- Tabasco Bar: it replaced the Peel Pub AKA Crocodile in Cote-des-Neiges near La Maisonnée. They did very nice work inside. Perfect place to watch the games from now on.
- L'Amere a Boire: on St-Denis, across the street from St-Sulpice, a little up north closer to Sherbrooke. It's a really cool microbrewerie... beer is excellent!
- 1957: that's when I visit my South Shore friends... very nice terrasse on St-Charles street in vieux Longueuil.

Last edited by DicAnns: 10-09-2006 at 01:25 PM.
DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 10:39 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
And the giant pitchers with **** floating in them... Not to mention the abundance of 14 year olds.

Which reminds me of when I was in Montreal at one point last year. Me and my two buddies met these two 17 year olds in Peel Pub. Long story short, we convinced them I was a Doctor. And at one point in the night, I diagnosed them with with breast cancer. Good times.

Old
10-09-2006, 11:35 AM
OpenIceHit

Foufounes Electriques

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 11:38 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Every Montreal University alumni knows the best beer in town is at the Dieu du Ciel (Laurier/St-Urbin).
+1

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 11:40 AM
MXD

Aside the DDC, I really like the Hurley's... A friend of mine, that gravitates in the circle of Celtic-Trad music states that Hurley's is very well known in the Atlantic Provinces (bleh, most performers comes from there...)

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 11:42 AM
tinyzombies

What is a good bar for cheap beers? Seems like all the bars are ultra-expensive here.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote