HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Workout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Lets get something straight:

- you are the one throwing out excuses, not me.

- you are the one presenting hypertrophy in a vacuum to fit your argument. I've told you FACTUAL statements about what it actually is, how it can be achieved, and when fast twitch muscle fibres are activated.

I already know from personal experience I'm right. I'm not basing it on something I read online. Body weight training helped me build muscles I never had and substantially increased my overall strength. It also has done wonders for many people I know.

As for studies, please. For every study I find, you will find one to try and debunk it. All studies have an agenda.

You want real world answers, go into any gymnastic facility and ask the athletes, most who will be ripped, how much of their training involves body weight. When you get the obvious answer we both know is coming, then try to tell them their muscles aren't real because of a study you once read.

Good luck with that.
I really have never seen such ignorance in my life.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Penguinzilla

For rec hockey, just do a combination of Insanity and Rushfit. Slap in a day of hockey specific lower body stuff.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I really have never seen such ignorance in my life.
The guy who ignores facts, spews out made up theories, insists bodyweight training doesn't build muscle
and best of all, thinks gymnasts build muscle through weightlifting (even though most are discouraged from doing so), is blind to his own ignorance.

Color me surprised.

I'll throw the dirt over your hole now.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Jtown

Quote:
The guy who ignores facts, spews out made up theories, insists bodyweight training doesn't build muscle
and best of all, thinks gymnasts build muscle through weightlifting (even though most are discouraged from doing so), is blind to his own ignorance.

Color me surprised.

I'll throw the dirt over your hole now.
Did I say any of that? Made up theories? By published scientist who have set the position stance on weight training by every legitimate association . Nsca, Acsm, Nasm, My goodness , people like you are the reason why people murder others in the name of god.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Did I say any of that? Made up theories? By published scientist who have set the position stance on weight training by every legitimate association . Nsca, Acsm, Nasm, My goodness ,
Once again, tell me how gymnasts who are discouraged from lifting weights, build muscle through bodyweight training?

Must be magic.

Quote:
people like you are the reason why people murder others in the name of god.
The guy with the closed mind making this kind of statement is even more comical than the nonsense that bodyweight training doesn't build muscle.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Once again, tell me how gymnasts who are discouraged from lifting weights, build muscle through bodyweight training?

Must be magic.

The guy with the closed mind making this kind of statement is even more comical than the nonsense that bodyweight training doesn't build muscle.
i did not say anything of the sort. I said you are training the motor units that are least adaptable. and you have to train them at the highest rate...a method that is far from efficient but I digress your understanding of the principles and concepts of strength training theory is lost on the accord of your own ignorance.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
i did not say anything of the sort. I said you are training the motor units that are least adaptable. and you have to train them at the highest rate...a method that is far from efficient but I digress your understanding of the principles and concepts of strength training theory is lost on the accord of your own ignorance.
Really? You said:

Quote:
Also the training options you suggest while they may increase the intensity do not necessarily overload the muscle. You are not training for strength or hypertrophy at that point, you are training for endurance. The type 1 fibers you are training will not be as useful.
This was in response to me discussing body manipulation and time under tension (which is exactly the type of training that gymnasts use).

More dirt in your grave boss...

Done making things up yet?

Old
06-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Really? You said:

This was in response to me discussing body manipulation and time under tension (which is exactly the type of training that gymnasts use).

More dirt in your grave boss...

Done making things up yet?
Genetics you dumb mook.

Take a look at another more successful gymnast.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/QubrO...Kohei+Uchimura

He won gold btw

Old
06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
FDBluth

This is pretty entertaining.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Genetics you dumb mook.

Take a look at another more successful gymnast.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/QubrO...Kohei+Uchimura

He won gold btw
Didn't I discuss genetics already? Yup.

Showing a picture of another gymnast doesn't discount how big the one I posted was. I could post hundreds of pics of gymnasts who are huge. I already knew two personally who had massive upper bodies as I said.

Once again if your theory that bodyweight training is only for endurance, how do these gymnasts get such big muscles? It's well known their trainers don't want them lifting weights and encourage bodyweight training ONLY.

That corner you are painted into right now can't be too comfortable playboy.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Didn't I discuss genetics already? Yup.

Showing a picture of another gymnast doesn't discount how big the one I posted was. I could post hundreds of pics of gymnasts who are huge. I already knew two personally who had massive upper bodies as I said.

Once again if your theory that bodyweight training is only for endurance, how do these gymnasts get such big muscles? It's well known their trainers don't want them lifting weights and encourage bodyweight training ONLY.

That corner you are painted into right now can't be too comfortable playboy.
So how come the gymnast I posted isnt huge. I mean he won gold he is the best gymnast in the world yet he doesn't have a physique that is huge.

The reason is that genetics determine a large portion of our motor unit recruitment ability. You could lift 10 lbs and I could lift 10 lbs and we could both adapt quite diffrently.

Your reasoning is based off of ancedotes whereas I have mine based on Scientific Research buddy.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Practi...rds=zatsiorsky

read this first, then Ill let you partake in this discussion.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
So how come the gymnast I posted isnt huge. I mean he won gold he is the best gymnast in the world yet he doesn't have a physique that is huge.

The reason is that genetics determine a large portion of our motor unit recruitment ability. You could lift 10 lbs and I could lift 10 lbs and we could both adapt quite diffrently.
I already talked about genetics. It isn't even a point of contention, merely a distraction because you are painted into a corner with no way out.

Quote:
Your reasoning is based off of ancedotes whereas I have mine based on Scientific Research buddy.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Practi...rds=zatsiorsky

read this first, then Ill let you partake in this discussion.
So you are saying big gymnasts don't exist?

That they don't use bodyweight training only?

Wait... How about this...

The pic of the gymnast I posted was photoshopped... Every pic of every big, muscular gymnast is photoshopped and the TV networks are in on the conspiracy.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Jtown

Quote:
I already talked about genetics. It isn't even a point of contention, merely a distraction because you are painted into a corner with no way out.

So you are saying big gymnasts don't exist?

That they don't use bodyweight training only?

Wait... How about this...

The pic of the gymnast I posted was photoshopped... Every pic of every big, muscular gymnast is photoshopped and the TV networks are in on the conspiracy.
yawn

Old
06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
yawn

Old
06-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Jtown

Quote:
read that book then post pal. I'm trying to help you out here. Education is an important thing. Stop playing in the dirt and read. Times a wastin

Old
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
read that book then post pal. I'm trying to help you out here. Education is an important thing. Stop playing in the dirt and read. Times a wastin
I think if this "conversation" has proven anything, it's that you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

It's been fun watching you try to lie your way out of this and make more things up as you go along.

Too bad you didn't stop when I warned you to.

Now you have zero credibility left.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Jtown

Quote:
I think if this "conversation" has proven anything, it's that you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

It's been fun watching you try to lie your way out of this and make more things up as you go along.

Too bad you didn't stop when I warned you to.

Now you have zero credibility left.
Id love to share with you the credibility i have, the degrees i have received and the money i make on this subject. But you are not worth my time .

Old
06-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Id love to share with you the credibility i have, the degrees i have received and the money i make on this subject. But you are not worth my time .
Sure you do.

I'll be sure to let my gymnast buddy know his muscles aren't real when I see him next month, because a "rich guy with a degree" on the intrawebs said bodyweight training doesn't build muscles.

We'll both have a good laugh at your expense.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Sure you do.

I'll be sure to let my gymnast buddy know his muscles aren't real when I see him next month, because a "rich guy with a degree" said bodyweight training doesn't build muscles.

We'll both have a good laugh at your expense.
Rich guy who is educated wont really care what you and your partner do. Its a free country

Old
06-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Rich guy who is educated wont really care what you and your partner do. Its a free country

Old
06-15-2013, 05:18 PM
66-29-33

On Monday it will be 1 month. My Insanity results?

Day 1 - 240 lbls

Week 1 - No idea, never checked.

Week 2 - 215, Lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks

Week 3 - 213, Lost 2 pounds this week.

Week 4 - 210, Lost 3 pounds this week.

Month 1 complete Monday, results? 30 pounds Lost.

Month 2 TBD.

I hope to make it to 180 by the end of the 2nd Month, then i start the new product by Shawn T called Focus T-25. 25 minute workouts FIVE(not Six) days a week. Sweet! My goal? to lose weight and get in shape. **** being a fat guy, that part of me needs to die for good! In a month i'll let you know the 2nd month results. I'll be checking the scale once a week just to get updated numbers, then post here at the end.

I take 2 different types of Iron Pills, aswell as Vitamins, aswell as 1 Glucosamine pill every day, havn't had pop in over a month, ate **** this week but it was my dads birthday and we always go to dinner and movie. Starting tomorrow i'll be eating clean for 1 month no matter what. I feel a ZILLION times better, and when i always hated mornings because i felt like **** and was dieing? i feel completly awake when at work now every single day and the workouts are starting to get a little easier (compared to day 1 that is). I don't get headaches anymore either, which is the best part of this because i used to ALWAYS get headaches or migranes and could not function.

Last edited by 66-29-33: 06-15-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 02:26 PM
cassius

Sub 10% body fat.. achieved..

Old
06-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Sub 10% body fat.. achieved..
What method did you use to measure?

Old
06-18-2013, 08:24 PM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Butternubs View Post
What method did you use to measure?
the internet

Old
06-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
the internet
Haha, yes, but which one from the internet?

Closed Thread