HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dipietro plus assets in play by NYI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM
  #926
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
Thing is Scurr he is not even being honest with the information that the sources are saying. He says McKenzie said that Vancouver wanted no part of any buyouts. Which is not at all what McKenzie said. He is passing speculation off as fact. He has chosen to flush any integrity he has to score a couple points on a message board. I am not sure he realizes how easy it is to fact check.
C'mon, there really is no need to get nasty. It has been a while since I posted here, but during the time I was here, VCR fans pretty much acquitted themselves as one of the most knowledgable and nice fanbases out there. Over the years, I've found Nuck fans to be an absolute pleasure to interact with. No need to spoil a very well earned rep as a great bunch of guys.

In any case, for days now, you guys have been staking a whole lot on McKenzie tweeting "it is believed that Isles might have an interest in Luongo." You all have been trying to pass that up as fact. Now that McKenzie has come out and said that VCR ownership is trying to avoid a buyout, suddenly that needs to be discounted.

You may not want to accept it, but there is a good chance that it is VCR that winds up packaging young assets to get rid of a contract. you're too far up against the cap - Luongo basically has to go. If ownership does not want a buyout, and other teams will not suck up that contract (which appears to be the case), getting out from underneath Luongo's contract will likely cost you Jensen or Gauce.

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:15 PM
  #927
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I just listened to the podcast, and Mckenzie says that Vancouver isn't going to want to take on DiPietro's buyout, unless they make it worthwhile and offer something like Neiderrieter as well, since we'd consider it doing you a favour. Whereas the Islanders would likely say they aren't going to give up Neiderreiter, but they might give up a little something else. And that's where the bargaining that will go back and forth. He also said the Canucks aren't going to take a lowball offer since they might have other options.

He also mentioned that the Canucks don't want to retain any of Luongo's salary(I'd assume because that would count against the cap for us).
Where did you find it? I looked on today's page and couldn't find it. I'd like to listen to it again.

I heard him say each side, will look at it as doing the other side a favor. I also thought he said Vancouver didn't want any buyouts.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  #928
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Where did you find it? I looked on today's page and couldn't find it. I'd like to listen to it again.

I heard him say each side, will look at it as doing the other side a favor. I also thought he said Vancouver didn't want any buyouts.
McKenzie didn't say that. He said that is both teams exhausted all other options, and a trade did get discussed, VCR would want a prospect at Nino's level and that the Isles wouldn't do it and would want to move a lessor prospect.

He was also quite clear that there was nothing happening and that his earlier tweets were just spitballing.

And, yeah, he was very clear that VCR ownership is not eager to throw money around.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  #929
Vankiller Whale
Registered User
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,570
vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Where did you find it? I looked on today's page and couldn't find it. I'd like to listen to it again.

I heard him say each side, will look at it as doing the other side a favor. I also thought he said Vancouver didn't want any buyouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcen..._Podcasts&id=5

May 31st podcast. It is all in the first couple minutes.
Click on the May 31st one.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  #930
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
I just linked the podcast. Perhaps you can listen to it again and tell me what part of it sounds like it came from ownership/management of either team. What are McKenzie's sources for this information do you think?

Get mad all you want. Does not change the fact that you have misinterpreted what was said.
I think Mckenzie's sources are coming from Vancouver and I'm not so much mad as disgusted. Why lie would I lie, when this is something that can be so easily checked up on, by asking Mckenzie in a tweet?

I guess facing lowball offers for Luongo and being up against the cap, has Canuck fans seeing lies where they don't exist and credible reporters are hacks

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:23 PM
  #931
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan
 
settinguptheplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I didn't misinterpret anything. Neither did the other poster(Darth Milbury), who listened to the Luongo May 31st podcast and reported that Mckenzie is saying Vancouver's owner doesn't want to buyout anyone.

It's June 5th. The podcast was from May 31, 2013. The 2nd of three on the page.
Yes Crew I am fully aware that it was the May 31st podcast. That is the one I listened to and the one I also linked on this very page. Please quote the part when McKenzie says the information was from Vancouver ownership. His sentence starts with "I don't think". When someone say's "I don't think" what do you think that means? To me it says that McKenzie is giving his opinion.

Please tell me what part of the podcast am I missing. Where in the podcast does it say "I spoke to Vancouver Ownership and they say" or anything of that nature. I have listened 3 times now and every time it is obvious that McKenzie is giving his opinion as to how a conversation may go.

Take 2 minutes to listen again and write down the part of the conversation where McKenzie says that his info is from anyone in the Canuck Ownership/Management. What are the key words that make you believe it is anything but speculation.

"I don't think the Vancouver Canucks are thrilled about buying anybody out, Nevermind buying out Rick Dipietro"

What part of that sounds like fact? "I don't think" is not a statement of fact. It is just speculation. Why do you struggle so mightily with this?

settinguptheplay is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
  #932
PWJunior
That's what we do.
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,002
vCash: 500
Nevermind.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
  #933
Vankiller Whale
Registered User
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,570
vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Maybe you should listen to it again or you are purposely leaving out parts of the whole mention of Nino? I heard it as Vancouver would ask for Nino and the Isles would decline. That part seemed as clear as day to me. I hope I'm not alone in what I got from it.
I did say that...

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  #934
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
C'mon, there really is no need to get nasty. It has been a while since I posted here, but during the time I was here, VCR fans pretty much acquitted themselves as one of the most knowledgable and nice fanbases out there. Over the years, I've found Nuck fans to be an absolute pleasure to interact with. No need to spoil a very well earned rep as a great bunch of guys.

In any case, for days now, you guys have been staking a whole lot on McKenzie tweeting "it is believed that Isles might have an interest in Luongo." You all have been trying to pass that up as fact. Now that McKenzie has come out and said that VCR ownership is trying to avoid a buyout, suddenly that needs to be discounted.

You may not want to accept it, but there is a good chance that it is VCR that winds up packaging young assets to get rid of a contract. you're too far up against the cap - Luongo basically has to go. If ownership does not want a buyout, and other teams will not suck up that contract (which appears to be the case), getting out from underneath Luongo's contract will likely cost you Jensen or Gauce.
That's not true at all. We've taken issue with Islander fans insistence that it could not be true, along with their insistence that the Islanders have no interest in trading anything to get RDP off the books. We've only been exploring it as an option while Islander fans won't admit it's a possibility at all, however slight.

Avatar bet?

Canucks buy out Lu or Islanders buy out RDP and I'll rock a Dipietro avatar for a calendar year.

Islanders trade asset(s) to get rid of RDP and you rock a Lu avatar for a calendar year.

Deal? If what Islander fans have been passing off as "true" is correct, it's a no brainer.

Scurr is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  #935
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
Yes Crew I am fully aware that it was the May 31st podcast. That is the one I listened to and the one I also linked on this very page. Please quote the part when McKenzie says the information was from Vancouver ownership. His sentence starts with "I don't think". When someone say's "I don't think" what do you think that means? To me it says that McKenzie is giving his opinion.

Please tell me what part of the podcast am I missing. Where in the podcast does it say "I spoke to Vancouver Ownership and they say" or anything of that nature. I have listened 3 times now and every time it is obvious that McKenzie is giving his opinion as to how a conversation may go.

Take 2 minutes to listen again and write down the part of the conversation where McKenzie says that his info is from anyone in the Canuck Ownership/Management. What are the key words that make you believe it is anything but speculation.

"I don't think the Vancouver Canucks are thrilled about buying anybody out, Nevermind buying out Rick Dipietro"

What part of that sounds like fact? "I don't think" is not a statement of fact. It is just speculation. Why do you struggle so mightily with this?

I don't think McKenzie was speculating there at all. I think he has contact inside the Nucks organization, and contacts inside other organizations, and he knows fairly conclusively that the Nucks are not open to burning huge amounts of cash in this deal.

And, not to get personal, but don't you think it is a little hypocritical for Nuck fans to carry on so much over McKenzie's early tweets and then pass all this stuff as uninformed opinion?

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:32 PM
  #936
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
That's not true at all. We've taken issue with Islander fans insistence that it could not be true, along with their insistence that the Islanders have no interest in trading anything to get RDP off the books. We've only been exploring it as an option while Islander fans won't admit it's a possibility at all, however slight.

Avatar bet?

Canucks buy out Lu or Islanders buy out RDP and I'll rock a Dipietro avatar for a calendar year.

Islanders trade asset(s) to get rid of RDP and you rock a Lu avatar for a calendar year.

Deal?
{Mod Edit}

I really have no idea what the Isles are going to do with regard to Dipietro. I honestly see no easy way out, although I'm guessing at the end of the day they do buy him out.

I do think the Luongo stuff is beyond ridiculous though. Its basically on par with the Leaf fans who were obsessed about trading McCabe to the Isles years ago. Wishful thinking from a fanbase, and a bit of wild speculation in the media, and not foundation in reality whatsoever.

And, I also think that VCR's hand with regard to Luongo is much, much worse than you all are admitting. I think that, at the end of the day, VCR will wind eating bad contracts in exchange or trading good assets. But, I don't think they are getting out of this situation easily at all. I don't think your ownership is going to go for the buyout, and I don't think any other team is going to take an 8 year deal for a 34-YO goalie without getting something else in return.

In essence, I think both teams are kind of screwed here.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM
  #937
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
Yes Crew I am fully aware that it was the May 31st podcast. That is the one I listened to and the one I also linked on this very page. Please quote the part when McKenzie says the information was from Vancouver ownership. His sentence starts with "I don't think". When someone say's "I don't think" what do you think that means? To me it says that McKenzie is giving his opinion.

Please tell me what part of the podcast am I missing. Where in the podcast does it say "I spoke to Vancouver Ownership and they say" or anything of that nature. I have listened 3 times now and every time it is obvious that McKenzie is giving his opinion as to how a conversation may go.

Take 2 minutes to listen again and write down the part of the conversation where McKenzie says that his info is from anyone in the Canuck Ownership/Management. What are the key words that make you believe it is anything but speculation.

"I don't think the Vancouver Canucks are thrilled about buying anybody out, Nevermind buying out Rick Dipietro"

What part of that sounds like fact? "I don't think" is not a statement of fact. It is just speculation. Why do you struggle so mightily with this?
I admit to misunderstanding part of Mckenizie's comment. He did not say Vancouver would not but out DiPietro. He said they wouldn't want to. They aren't thrilled buying anybody out.

He also repeated my opinion that a deal's unlikely , saying most people in hockey are skeptical a deal gets done.

Mckenzie/Staple/Spector 's opinions vs. armchair gms opinions.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM
  #938
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 18,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'd be totally down for this. I don't know if Streit would be willing to lower his demands to play for a contender, but even if his rights weren't included, I'd be fine with this.
stop! this is HF, your supposed to tell me to screw my self...

Im actually a bit surprised I thought VAN fans would want a bit more but I actually thought it was fair...

StrongIslanders90 is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:36 PM
  #939
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank
 
KeninsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,337
vCash: 50
Vancouver doesn't want to buyout it's own players. Vancouver apparently will use it's buyouts on other team's players + assets.

ie Ballard (retained salary) for a 5th, Upshall + assets for 7th type off-season. That's what the Vancouver writers are speculating.

I wouldn't trust any of the TSN crew regarding Canucks rumours.

KeninsFan is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:38 PM
  #940
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
That's not true at all. We've taken issue with Islander fans insistence that it could not be true, along with their insistence that the Islanders have no interest in trading anything to get RDP off the books. We've only been exploring it as an option while Islander fans won't admit it's a possibility at all, however slight.

Avatar bet?

Canucks buy out Lu or Islanders buy out RDP and I'll rock a Dipietro avatar for a calendar year.

Islanders trade asset(s) to get rid of RDP and you rock a Lu avatar for a calendar year.

Deal? If what Islander fans have been passing off as "true" is correct, it's a no brainer.
I will do an avatar bet, that Snow does not trade for Luongo.

But, I couldn't care less if Luongo gets bought out. So long as the 34 yr old, with his 8-9 yr contract is not on LI. I have already posted, I'm hoping for a proposed Briere trade that a Flyer fan suggested.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:38 PM
  #941
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan
 
settinguptheplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
C'mon, there really is no need to get nasty. It has been a while since I posted here, but during the time I was here, VCR fans pretty much acquitted themselves as one of the most knowledgable and nice fanbases out there. Over the years, I've found Nuck fans to be an absolute pleasure to interact with. No need to spoil a very well earned rep as a great bunch of guys.

In any case, for days now, you guys have been staking a whole lot on McKenzie tweeting "it is believed that Isles might have an interest in Luongo." You all have been trying to pass that up as fact. Now that McKenzie has come out and said that VCR ownership is trying to avoid a buyout, suddenly that needs to be discounted.

You may not want to accept it, but there is a good chance that it is VCR that winds up packaging young assets to get rid of a contract. you're too far up against the cap - Luongo basically has to go. If ownership does not want a buyout, and other teams will not suck up that contract (which appears to be the case), getting out from underneath Luongo's contract will likely cost you Jensen or Gauce.
I am just a bit sensitive towards Crew atm because he kept repeating that Vancouver has been trying to trade Luongo for 2 years even after he was shown to be misinformed about it. So he was corrected but still chose to continue using it as fact. It is one thing to be misinformed. That is perfectly acceptable. But when you are shown to be incorrect and chose to keep repeating the misinformation something has to be said. So when i come on today and see him continuing his pattern of misinformation maybe I have come across as a bit too hard on him.

I like nothing more than a good conversation. But it has to come with a certain level of integrity.

Please do not assume all Canuck posters are hard azzes like I am. There really are some great Canuck posters on this board and glad to hear you have been able to connect with some of them. I am not trying to make an attack on Crew but I can see some of my words are walking a line.

For the record I was not one who took what McKenzie said as fact. I have been around long enough to know media types like to drum up interest. Do I think this type of trade could happen? Sure... why not. Do I think it is a trade in the works? No... Not even close. I would have put maybe 2% chance of this story having any truth behind it. But I will also admit that it actually seems to make sense for both teams. Hence the 40 pages of discussion.

settinguptheplay is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
  #942
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 41,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
I am just a bit sensitive towards Crew atm because he kept repeating that Vancouver has been trying to trade Luongo for 2 years even after he was shown to be misinformed about it. So he was corrected but still chose to continue using it as fact. It is one thing to be misinformed. That is perfectly acceptable. But when you are shown to be incorrect and chose to keep repeating the misinformation something has to be said. So when i come on today and see him continuing his pattern of misinformation maybe I have come across as a bit too hard on him.

I like nothing more than a good conversation. But it has to come with a certain level of integrity.

Please do not assume all Canuck posters are hard azzes like I am. There really are some great Canuck posters on this board and glad to hear you have been able to connect with some of them. I am not trying to make an attack on Crew but I can see some of my words are walking a line.

For the record I was not one who took what McKenzie said as fact. I have been around long enough to know media types like to drum up interest. Do I think this type of trade could happen? Sure... why not. Do I think it is a trade in the works? No... Not even close. I would have put maybe 2% chance of this story having any truth behind it. But I will also admit that it actually seems to make sense for both teams. Hence the 40 pages of discussion.
We certainly agree on something! Nuck fans on this board are a great group of posters. And, that includes you my friend. We may disagree, but there are zero hard feelings on my part.

I happen to think your posts are a great read, too.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
  #943
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by settinguptheplay View Post
I am just a bit sensitive towards Crew atm because he kept repeating that Vancouver has been trying to trade Luongo for 2 years even after he was shown to be misinformed about it. So he was corrected but still chose to continue using it as fact. It is one thing to be misinformed. That is perfectly acceptable. But when you are shown to be incorrect and chose to keep repeating the misinformation something has to be said. So when i come on today and see him continuing his pattern of misinformation maybe I have come across as a bit too hard on him.

I like nothing more than a good conversation. But it has to come with a certain level of integrity.

Please do not assume all Canuck posters are hard azzes like I am. There really are some great Canuck posters on this board and glad to hear you have been able to connect with some of them. I am not trying to make an attack on Crew but I can see some of my words are walking a line.

For the record I was not one who took what McKenzie said as fact. I have been around long enough to know media types like to drum up interest. Do I think this type of trade could happen? Sure... why not. Do I think it is a trade in the works? No... Not even close. I would have put maybe 2% chance of this story having any truth behind it. But I will also admit that it actually seems to make sense for both teams. Hence the 40 pages of discussion.
I posted a link to an Dec 2011 article, saying Vancouver had been shopping Luongo.
There are also articles from the 2013 trade deadline, about him being shopped.

I guess more lies from the press?

I don't mind a debate, but I don't like being called a liar. Let's not get nasty because the Canucks are facing losing Luongo for scraps this summer.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
  #944
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
No, I just don't see Lu signing there as a realistic possibility should he be bought out. Once your team matures and you move into the new building I expect your team to become a realistic destination for sought after FA's, but not before.

This trade between the Canucks and Islanders isn't likely to happen because they won't agree on Lu's value. Islanders see him as a negative asset, Canucks view him as a neutral asset at worst.

Considering that, the Islanders are more likely to accept a deal like Komisarek for RDP, Nino, 1st over a deal like Lu for RDP, Nino, 1st.

And the Canucks are likely going to want Nino, 1st, + for Lu and RDP buy out. At least.

Too big a gap to narrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I will do an avatar bet, that Snow does not trade for Luongo.
I don't think he does either.

Scurr is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  #945
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post


Crew's a good guy!
Thanks. Good to have you back.

You should have come back and posted during the playoffs. Betting bounced sucked, but it was great while it lasted.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:47 PM
  #946
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan
 
settinguptheplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I don't think McKenzie was speculating there at all. I think he has contact inside the Nucks organization, and contacts inside other organizations, and he knows fairly conclusively that the Nucks are not open to burning huge amounts of cash in this deal.

And, not to get personal, but don't you think it is a little hypocritical for Nuck fans to carry on so much over McKenzie's early tweets and then pass all this stuff as uninformed opinion?
Now Darth.... Really?

How do you know McKenzie was not speculating? Especially when you start off by saying "I don't think". That is opinion... yes? Can you admit to that?

Perhaps there are things you are not telling us so I will ask outright. Do you know McKenzie or anyone in an ownership/upper management position for the Vancouver Canucks? If the answer is No then please stop passing your opinion off as fact.

How does McKenzie know "fairly conclusively". Have you had a personal conversation with him? How do you know how much he knows?

Way too many "I don't know" and "I think he" comments to pass anything off as fact. How are you not seeing this? This is entry level stuff man....

settinguptheplay is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:48 PM
  #947
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I also think that VCR's hand with regard to Luongo is much, much worse than you all are admitting.
How so? You think he clears waivers?

Scurr is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
  #948
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust
 
Scott Scissons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 541
vCash: 835
So who is VNC going to get rid of to clear cap space? I mean someone has to be bought out or traded for VNC to be able to get under the cap.

You are over the cap with 17 players as it stands.

Scott Scissons is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
  #949
Vankiller Whale
Registered User
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,570
vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Scissons View Post
So who is VNC going to get rid of to clear cap space? I mean someone has to be bought out or traded for VNC to be able to get under the cap.

You are over the cap with 17 players as it stands.
Ballard and Luongo are guaranteed off the roster. Hopefully Booth as well.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
  #950
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan
 
settinguptheplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I posted a link to an Dec 2011 article, saying Vancouver had been shopping Luongo.
There are also articles from the 2013 trade deadline, about him being shopped.

I guess more lies from the press?

I don't mind a debate, but I don't like being called a liar. Let's not get nasty because the Canucks are facing losing Luongo for scraps this summer.
My apologies Crew. I take back calling you a liar and down grade it to spreader of misinformation!



No hate here my friend. I appreciate the conversation.

settinguptheplay is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.