HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You predict Boston winning every year.
And they are one of the best team in the league since then. Won a Cup when I predicted it....on route for another one. Not sure it's time to bash me regarding those predictions...And you could also note that I was and am also predicting a contending team till Chara retires. We'll see after that.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bruins are the best team when they smell blood. But surely one of the worst when they're sleeping. They were sleeping during the 1st series....they are now smelling blood.
You're so in love with the Bruins it's hilarious.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:24 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Lol @ Boston not being lucky.
How the hell is that luck? The Pens D sat back and allowed Krecji to do whatever the hell he wanted. The shot was deflected, but so what? Boston is having their way with Pitt and it has nothing to do with luck. I heard the same nonsense when we got creamed by the Flyers after finishing 1st in the conference.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:25 PM
My Velouria
roygbiv

Probably going to be another blow out.

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
How did the penguins get this far? Bylsma better hope they win one game this series, I don't think he has a job next year the way this is going.
The Bruins are just a damn good team. I swear, they don't get any credit. They may not be flashy but they're well coached, play a solid defensive system and do a good job of intimidating their opponents.

Old
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
I prefer to be closer to reality than to be in denial. To each their own. By the way, the day the Habs will have the mix that they have, you'll be even more in love with our team that you are now. Guaranteed.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Talking about hilarious....Yeah Bruins are only there by luck. Won a cup by luck, are there now by luck. They just plain suck but only luck. Incredible how for some things you might have the most insane analysis and yet, for them...it's all luck. Just pretend it's not Boston....you'd see a much better hockey team.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Talking about hilarious....Yeah Bruins are only there by luck. Won a cup by luck, are there now by luck. They just plain suck but only luck. Incredible how for some things you might have the most insane analysis and yet, for them...it's all luck. Just pretend it's not Boston....you'd see a much better hockey team.
Wish our team was that lucky.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
My Velouria
roygbiv

I know this is random but you guys should start following the Impact. We've got a hell of a team... More people should be watching.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
How the hell is that luck? The Pens D sat back and allowed Krecji to do whatever the hell he wanted. The shot was deflected, but so what? Boston is having their way with Pitt and it has nothing to do with luck. I heard the same nonsense when we got creamed by the Flyers after finishing 1st in the conference.
What do you mean so what if Krejci was looking to make a pass in front of the net, it hits Niskanen's skate and redirects 45 degrees off into the net. Do you know what being lucky freaking means??? Or are you trying to freaking argue that every time a player makes a defensive mistake or poor coverage it ends up in your freaking net??

What next? If Chara takes a shot from his own zone and it goes in you won't say he's lucky that it went in because his intention was to shoot it on net to begin with??

Old
06-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
The Bruins are just a damn good team. I swear, they don't get any credit. They may not be flashy but they're well coached, play a solid defensive system and do a good job of intimidating their opponents.
Nah. Only luck. They don't even touch the puck and it goes in. Rask is actually blind and yet stops a whole lot of pucks.

Sometimes, rivalry needs to take a break and people should just watch hockey as it really is. They can take their rivalry back right after when we'll be playing them once more. As of now, they totally deserve what's happening to them. You can hate teams and players and yet recognize what they are doing. But for some, it's way too tough to do. Hate Marchand like there's no tomorrow, but this freakin undersized bugger is a damn good hockey player. But no, in here you can't say that. How childish is that really....

Old
06-05-2013, 08:32 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Pens are so ****ing intimidated.. Embarrassing to watch.

Now you know why the Enforcer thread is on its 3rd thread.

Intimidation works wonders in hockey.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Andy

Pittsburgh has fanned on 3 golden opportunities in the high-slot

Old
peate
Good grief!

Brad Marchand is hilarious.

Old
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
What do you mean so what if Krejci was looking to make a pass in front of the net, it hits Niskanen's skate and redirects 45 degrees off into the net. Do you know what being lucky freaking means??? Or are you trying to freaking argue that every time a player makes a defensive mistake or poor coverage it ends up in your freaking net??

What next? If Chara takes a shot from his own zone and it goes in you won't say he's lucky that it went in because his intention was to shoot it on net to begin with??
'Cause those lucky shots never happens to us? Unless you are forgetting to mention it everytime it does? Or maybe because it doesn't happen to us 'cause we have nobody in front of the net to pass to?

Yes, luck happens just like **** happens. And you NEED luck to win a Cup. But luck cannot be your main ingredient.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
How is what I said not giving them any credit? This is the Pittsburgh Penguins Shero had in mind when he made all those trades, being outscored 10-1 in 7 periods of hockey?

Boston is a good team, but this is more the Pens being bad than it is the Bruins being good.

The Pens can't pass, they are skating away and without the puck. It looks to me they are thinking 2 steps in advance, without doing the first step.

Old
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
I hate the damn Bruins.

I envy Boston for having a team like the Bruins.

The perfect combination of toughness and skill. A blueprint for all GM's to follow.

Old
My Velouria
roygbiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Brad Marchand is hilarious.
He's a rat. No matter how good he becomes, I would NEVER take him on my team.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:35 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
How is what I said not giving them any credit? This is the Pittsburgh Penguins Shero had in mind when he made all those trades, being outscored 10-1 in 7 periods of hockey?

Boston is a good team, but this is more the Pens being bad than it is the Bruins being good.
No. Just like Ottawa made the Habs look bad, and then the Pens made Ottawa look bad, the Bruins are making the Pens look bad.

Matchups.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm sorry, did I ever say that they were there only by luck?? Actually, if you read my posts correctly, you'll notice that I keep repeating that the Bruins are a solid team.
You'll also notice that I wrote NO team ever wins the cup without being lucky.

It seems like you guys have a hard time admitting that luck is part of anything.

As if a puck destined to go across the ice gets redirected unwillingly off the opponent and goes 45 degrees off into the net. Yup, that was all calculated. Nothing lucky about that. Nope. All planed.

Sure, and I'm the one living in lala land.

Bruins are playing amazingly. Doesn't mean they don't have some lucky bounces going their way. Not sure why it's so freaking difficult to admit. And no, that's not me saying it's the only reason why they are successful, so try to read what's actually written.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No. Just like Ottawa made the Habs look bad, and then the Pens made Ottawa look bad, the Bruins are making the Pens look bad.

Matchups.
Matchups on that first goal with 5 pens watching? That is a matchup for you? How about all those horrible passes that end up going no where. Matchups?

Nah, I don't think we are watching the same game.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
andy28

I think the Pens actually look better 'so far' tonight. Playing a bit smarter.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:39 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He's a rat. No matter how good he becomes, I would NEVER take him on my team.
Agreed, I couldn't cheer for that.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:42 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Now you know why the Enforcer thread is on its 3rd thread.

Intimidation works wonders in hockey.
It's all luck, though.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

The Pens can't pass, they are skating away and without the puck. It looks to me they are thinking 2 steps in advance, without doing the first step.
Look who they played.

They're now playing a complete Championship level team and are crumbling. Again, this is not surprising. When everyone was crowning the Pens I said they could be had because of their goaltending and D. You need good D and goaltending to get to the next level. Pens don't have that.

Closed Thread