HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Great team Boston Bruins. **** you gainey for assembling the softest girls club here in MTL.
That's probably the biggest mystery of the Gainey era. How the **** wasn't he able to recognize that you needed a much better mix when all the teams he was playing in had the greatest of mix. And nobody can tell me that's because hockey changed, 'cause as far as mix is concerned, it never did change.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Maybe Pens should start shooting at the net instead of shooting at Bruins' players.
It's called a pass.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Andy

What a move by Malkin...wow. If only we had a player with that much talent.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And what if he would have been picked by us? You would have defended him the same way we defended and will defend till the end a guy like Subban or any other guy like that we will have on our team.
Pretty sure Marchand would not be the same pest player if he played without Lucic, Chara, Thornton, or the goon mentality.
Kelly is a perfect example. He didn't play with the same attitude in Ottawa, nor did Horton in Florida.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Gustave

Remind me again what is Iginla's purpose on the Pens?

Old
06-05-2013, 08:41 PM
ScottFC

Iginla & Morrow look like they're finished

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
To look like he's skating in sand. Man did he ever slow down.

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
That's probably the biggest mystery of the Gainey era. How the **** wasn't he able to recognize that you needed a much better mix when all the teams he was playing in had the greatest of mix. And nobody can tell me that's because hockey changed, 'cause as far as mix is concerned, it never did change.
Maybe he gambled that hockey/refereeing would change but it didn't.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Pretty sure Marchand would not be the same pest player if he played without Lucic, Chara, Thornton, or the goon mentality.
Kelly is a perfect example. He didn't play with the same attitude in Ottawa, nor did Horton in Florida.
Maybe. But Gallagher is putting his face on the line every single game despite us having the team that we have. Somehow, Marchand would play the same. That was always his style, he wouldn't change it.

What Kelly and Horton are mostly doing is that they are committed. Work much harder, and work better compared to what they've been doing before.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Great team Boston Bruins. **** you gainey for assembling the softest girls club here in MTL.
Yup. When I look at the Bruins I see a GM with a vision, a plan.

The Habs? Still dealing with the brutal errors of Gainey & Gauthier. A lot of manlets, soft players and leftovers.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
So pissed off to see that finally even with Iginala, Boston couldn't be better but at least, they would have been without 2 of their future really good players. Now the only thing really important they lost is a 1st rounder this year. Which is still nice to see but Bartkowski and Khoklachev might be worth more than that...

Old
06-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Andy

Ahh nothing brings out Habs fans' insecurities more than Boston winning.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Yeah, just like saying Bruins are a great team, it is clearly too much for some people, so much that they think you are a fan of that team.
But you are a fan of their team, or roster if you prefer..You said so yourself. You would love to have a team that plays and is built like them. You're not the only one. Some consider them the ideal team.
So you are a fan of their roster. Put the Habs logo on those jerseys and you're absolutely in love with the team.

So, ět really isn't a stretch to say you're a fan of them. You can be a fan of their team and still hate them because they're your nemesis.
I was a huge fan of the Nordiques/Colorado because they had players I absolutely loved. Some of my favorites of all time. Nothing wrong with that.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Pittsburgh respect the Bruins way too much. Just play like the supposed Cup Champions you are suppose to be *******s...Honestly, Leafs and the Pens are giving me so many reasons to hate them more than the Bruins now....Well for the Leafs, that's already done. Hate them more for sure.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Gustave

There he is.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Ahh nothing brings out Habs fans' insecurities more than Boston winning.
If only Leafs didn't choke. Oh wait... it would still bring out Habs fans' insecurities... since this means Leafs would have won.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:47 PM
habdynasty

I would cheer for anyone besides the ruins, ****en hate those losers

Old
06-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Maybe. But Gallagher is putting his face on the line every single game despite us having the team that we have. Somehow, Marchand would play the same. That was always his style, he wouldn't change it.

What Kelly and Horton are mostly doing is that they are committed. Work much harder, and work better compared to what they've been doing before.
Sure, but Gallagher isn't a pest. He only battles hard.
Marchand will be dirty like clip Edler's knees, or give free punches to Sedin, etc..

So maybe he'd battle hard, but I doubt he'd play the exact same.

I think it's more than just hard/better work. Kelly was always a solid checking center in Ottawa. I never saw him act tough though and give crosschecks like I've seen him do in Boston. I agree that they're more committed, that's why they're playing like that, they bought into the system of having to be meaner, and aren't scared of doing it because they know they arguably have the best back up in the NHL.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
But you are a fan of their team, or roster if you prefer..You said so yourself. You would love to have a team that plays and is built like them. You're not the only one. Some consider them the ideal team.
So you are a fan of their roster. Put the Habs logo on those jerseys and you're absolutely in love with the team.

So, ět really isn't a stretch to say you're a fan of them. You can be a fan of their team and still hate them because they're your nemesis.
I was a huge fan of the Nordiques/Colorado because they had players I absolutely loved. Some of my favorites of all time. Nothing wrong with that.
Being a fan of the team means you are cheering for it. You have no idea how much I swear everytime they score. Geez, I can't watch a whole game now since I'm way too frustrated seeing them as good as they play. So no, it doesn't make me a fan. Of the style? For sure...but who doesn't? Who doesn't think we needed a greater mix on our team? Who? And for the fun of the game...who wouldn't want to see a team winning....and if you can on top of that win the grit and tough game, people would hate it? Who in here would have hated to see the same treatment Bruins gave us 2 years ago? People would still be dancing. Geez, one of our best Kovalev memory was his elbow towards Tucker. And Bouillon best memory when he retires will be when he dropped the same Tucker. We love that type of hockey. But somehow, because we haven't had that type of hockey, some tried to pretend that it was fine....that we weren't like that. That we wouldn't take Lucic or Marchand on our team. And all that BS.

I want my team to be like the Bruins so we can ****ing beat the hell out of them. How is that as a fan now?

Old
06-05-2013, 08:53 PM
andy28

Quote:
And what if he would have been picked by us? You would have defended him the same way we defended and will defend till the end a guy like Subban or any other guy like that we will have on our team.
I will take that challenge. I do defend Subban, but I honestly think there is no comparison between him and Marchand. And I have disliked our own players before. I thought LaPierre was a real *%$#, for instance. I didn't like Tucker either. There is no question that Marchand is a good player though.

The best way to guage it I think, is to put them both on a team you don't care about so much. Subban plays for Columbus and Marchand for the Panthers.

Last edited by andy28: 06-05-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old
06-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Being a fan of the team means you are cheering for it. You have no idea how much I swear everytime they score. Geez, I can't watch a whole game now since I'm way too frustrated seeing them as good as they play. So no, it doesn't make me a fan. Of the style? For sure...but who doesn't? Who doesn't think we needed a greater mix on our team? Who? And for the fun of the game...who wouldn't want to see a team winning....and if you can on top of that win the grit and tough game, people would hate it? Who in here would have hated to see the same treatment Bruins gave us 2 years ago? People would still be dancing. Geez, one of our best Kovalev memory was his elbow towards Tucker. And Bouillon best memory when he retires will be when he dropped the same Tucker. We love that type of hockey. But somehow, because we haven't had that type of hockey, some tried to pretend that it was fine....that we weren't like that. That we wouldn't take Lucic or Marchand on our team. And all that BS.

I want my team to be like the Bruins so we can ****ing beat the hell out of them. How is that as a fan now?
I guess it's just semantics at this points, so I'll just agree with your definition of being a fan. I just meant that you like their roster. Anyways, doesn't matter.
I don't disagree, I'd take on Lucic and Marchand with pleasure. As for Chara, I was wishing for us to sign him if I recall correctly, so no question I'd love to have him.

Old
06-05-2013, 08:58 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
What hurts so much is for years the fans were cool with out small, soft team. I kept hearing speed, puck possession...red wings model....but I never saw it...except the speed part...but the rest of the league caught up and it's also easy to stifle speedy players if they are small/soft.

It amazes me how after all these years people are starting to understand that we have been poorly built for years. Extremely frustrating because I think I could have done a better job than both Gainey and Gauthier combined. Yes....I said it.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
What hurts so much is for years the fans were cool with out small, soft team. I kept hearing speed, puck possession...red wings model....but I never saw it...except the speed part...but the rest of the league caught up and it's also easy to stifle speedy players if they are small/soft.

It amazes me how after all these years people are starting to understand that we have been poorly built for years. Extremely frustrating because I think I could have done a better job than both Gainey and Gauthier combined. Yes....I said it.
I'm fine with the Wings model....now...find me a Datzyuk and a Zetterberg and THEN we'll model the Wings. Everything else was a pretty stupid idea to have. By the way, even the speed part I don't buy. People freaking out over the Habs speed and then you watch at least half of the team out west and you wonder who put the game at fast forward....I believe that this speed thing was just a way to find an identity. Yes, we were speedy...but so were at least 15 other teams in the league....

Old
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM
couris

Quote:

Anyone who played hockey in his life knows its much much easier to play against smaller weak soft players. And we are not even fast.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:05 PM
andy28

Quote:
The problem with that is we didn't exactly have that level of talent either. You need draft picks to do that. If you don't get high ones, you have to draft well with later picks, and its easier to do that the more picks you have. I am in the camp where I think we need a more physical team. Aside from Prust, I don't think we have another meaty, rugged bottom 6 player. Moen doesn't count. Most teams fourth lines look a little meaner and thicker than ours. And its been that way for years now. Prust and Armstrong were our idea of becoming tougher. Prust was a step in the right direction. But Armstrong has never been tough. He used to be kinda dirty.

But while I think we need a tougher lineup, I don't think we need a Bruins style team. That's their game. That's part of their whole identity. They were the big bad Bruins years ago, and they found that again. And we need to become the Habs again. You don't beat the Bruins by trying to outBruin the Bruins. That's how they beat you. We need to find the kind of mix we used to have. The old Habs were not so soft or small as this.

Last edited by andy28: 06-05-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread