HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Favorite Place To Sit At The Garden?

View Poll Results: Favorite Place To Sit At The Garden?
400's level 7 12.07%
300's level 21 36.21%
200's level 11 18.97%
100's level 7 12.07%
Ice Level (sections 40-97) 8 13.79%
West (pfft..like anyone here has ever sat there) 0 0%
Ive never been to the Garden! 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
g52*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
Favorite Place To Sit At The Garden?

Poll...

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

on the bench.

seriously though, not sure why you are making this thread as most that sit in the garden alot (seasons) only have one seat to choose from, and those that don't? well, its in my belief that any seat is a good seat in the garden. But if i had to choose on it would be in section 207 or 206 right in the center and high enough to see the play develop.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
broadwayblue

What's West? I'd have to say the VIP section has to be the best place to sit...not that I've ever had the priviledge, but at $700/ticket it's probably safe to say the seats are spectacular. If money were no object I'd like to have season tix at the glass by the top of the circle on the 8th Ave. end of the arena (Sec. 61?). True, you give up a bit at the other end of the ice, but it's hard to get much better seats to watch the Rangers attack in the 1st, 3rd, OT, and SO. Someday maybe. My feeling is I'm willing to give up a little on one end to have rediculous seats on the other end...especially if it's the Rangers attacking end. Center ice is very nice, but my dream seats would be closer to the goal. For now I'll have to make due with what I've got.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
NYRangers

400's, best atmosphere there with all the drunks and everything is cramped together.

NYRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
in the hall

I think a better way to answer is where exactly.. e.g. behind the visiting goal, centerice.. etc

anyway to answer this without a doubt the ice level into the 100's then I'd go with 400's next because its true the atmosphere there is much better

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:34 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
300's is great, not too high, and you can see the entire play developing right there.

I've never sat in the 400's, but typically the higher the more rowdy, that's just how it goes.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
FLYLine24*

I love the ice level seats...i used to have season tickets in section 97 but recently downgraded to the 200's..and they stink. I was at Lundqvist side for 2 period but still loved it.

Ive sat in the 400's about 8 times and the atmosphere is great...but I don't like sitting that far away...and half the time i had some big headed jerk in front of me or the metal bar.

The only game i sat in the 300's was...yes the Malik shootout game last year....they werent that bad.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I love the ice level seats...i used to have season tickets in section 97 but recently downgraded to the 200's..and they stink.
I agree...there's a reason the seats get more expensive as you get closer to the ice. Odd that so many people place such a high priority on "atmosphere" as opposed to the view of the game. I sat in the clubs a few times and it's amazing how much better the experience is over even the 200's. You can see the players breath and hear them talking to each other and so on. It's a lot more electric at ice level. The "suits" might not make for as rowdy and fun a crowd, but I'd gladly take being right in the action every time. I just wish I could afford it.

Old
10-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Skroob*

low section are horrible 'cause you got @$$holes there who are just there to socialize and show their clients a good time.

300s suck, because you have people walking in front of you the whole game.

ive been up in the skyboxes a few times, but aside from the initial "cool" fractor, its "who cares." PLus, the only way to order food is by the platter. I want one hot dog, not 16.

400s on the end, because you get a good view of all the shooting lanes (like a goalie would see), and you can watch the plays develop up and down the ice

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

I've sat everywhere on every level (well never at the glass, but close) and I'll take rink side any day--as long as I don't have to pay for it.

But, over all, I'm very happy with my 300 level seats--wouldn't mind moving down to the 200s if I ever have the cash. And other than a few obstructed seats, most seats are pretty decent.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 03:27 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
300's, in the central blocks is the best imo.

I don't like being too close to the plexi, as I like to see the whole ice. So that area is ideal for me.

Oddly enough, the 2 tickets I've bought for home games in January when I'm over, are both the same seat - in row B, block 335. And that is the EXACT same seat as I had for one of the games I was over for last season. It's a great seat!

The only thing that annoys me when you are at the front of the 300's, is all the people walking about ALL the FREAKIN' TIME!

I don't mind the 400's either, but it's just that the areas at the top there (concourses) are so narrow. I once sat in the club seats which was ok too for one game.

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Section 403.Right next to the TV booth.Directly across the Rangers bench.You get the same view as TV.No obstructed views

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:43 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

My favorite seat that I have ever been in was just outside of the purple seats in the third row of the green seats(forgive me I dont know the #). It was on center ice right behind the benches, I was able to see the ice at both ends. I think it was a 100 section, somthing like 115 maybe, i'm going to go look at the ticket again. Yes I keep all my stubs

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Fletch

I like most of the spots...

I like different seats for different reasons. I sat in 343 for several seasons and liked to watch (without obstuction) how plays develop. It's pretty interesting. I liked section 92, where my firm had seats for years, because you get a real sense of how intense the hitting and the battles can be (those seats are on the glass, but you can't touch the glass). I liked sitting behind the bench becuase it gives you a sense of how the coaches and players interact while not on the ice. I like sitting behind the penalty box becauuse it's fun to see players complain on their way to the box, as well as jaw at each other, and it's an interesting view of the bench. And, in the days when I'd go to 35-40 games in the season, I liked the box too, for the free beer, free food and the convenience of the bathroom. Finally, I like watching from the All Star bar, again, when I'd go to 35-40 games, some Sunday afternoon games would be spent in the bar.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
300's if u sit in the front seat

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Fletch

The front seat?

I hate the first few rows in the 300s. Too many people walking back and forth obstructing your view. It gets annoying as the ushers do not control them enough.

Old
10-09-2006, 10:19 AM
g52*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What's West? I'd have to say the VIP section has to be the best place to sit...not that I've ever had the priviledge, but at $700/ticket it's probably safe to say the seats are spectacular. If money were no object I'd like to have season tix at the glass by the top of the circle on the 8th Ave. end of the arena (Sec. 61?). True, you give up a bit at the other end of the ice, but it's hard to get much better seats to watch the Rangers attack in the 1st, 3rd, OT, and SO. Someday maybe. My feeling is I'm willing to give up a little on one end to have rediculous seats on the other end...especially if it's the Rangers attacking end. Center ice is very nice, but my dream seats would be closer to the goal. For now I'll have to make due with what I've got.
West is another name for VIP.

Old
10-09-2006, 10:31 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
West is another name for VIP.
Well then yeah, there's really no point in even having a poll then. I don't think you could find one sane person who would rather sit anywhere else if given the choice.

Old
10-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Fletch

You can find one person...

it's neat sitting down low, but very often, it's not the easiest place to see an entire game. If I were going to see one game, then the VIP section would likely be it. If I was seeing many games in the season, I don't think I'd want to sit them all in that section. Very often your view is somewhat obstructed by the boards and the reflection of the light on them. You can see the whole game from higher up without the players looking like ants.

Old
10-09-2006, 11:31 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
thats one of the (many) things I like about the Garden, even in the 400's, the players don't look like ants.

Whereas at the newer places like Philadelphia and the Captials arena, the high up seats really do feel high up and you kinda feel displaced from the action.

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 11:44 AM
g52*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well then yeah, there's really no point in even having a poll then. I don't think you could find one sane person who would rather sit anywhere else if given the choice.
But that doesnt mean its the best seat in the house. I dont like turning my neck 90 degrees to see the play. The glass might obstruct view as well.

The higher up the seats are, the easier it is to watch the game, since you see more of the ice without having to move your head much.

Old
10-09-2006, 12:01 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I hate the first few rows in the 300s. Too many people walking back and forth obstructing your view. It gets annoying as the ushers do not control them enough.
hahaha ushers at MSG. They are also known as security guards. There are no ushers at MSG. There's no one who shows you to your seat if you ask, there's no one to give you crap about moving to a different seat if you want. Thats whats great about MSG.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 01:46 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Red seats suck

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 01:47 PM
NYRangers

Is VIP/West like the suite? I've been in there, great view, food and service. Probably my favorite obviously.

NYRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 02:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers View Post
Is VIP/West like the suite? I've been in there, great view, food and service. Probably my favorite obviously.
VIP/West is a small section at the glass at center ice across from the player benches. Tickets go for $700 each.