HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier trade in offseason?

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2013, 07:38 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockey View Post
Yes on Jonathan Drouin. I hope Dean Lombardi is indeed high on the kid with him being his top target in the draft as DL has a knack for moving up for targeted prospects. I don't necessarily want the #1 overall pick as long as it's top-3 overall. Drouin is my personal favorite in the draft but settling for either Seth Jones or Nathan MacKinnon wouldn't be a travesty. nki is right, JD is not the type of prospect the organization and scouting staff have drafted and developed over the years, but that is exactly the point, the team needs someone exactly like him to fill their top six, particularly at LW, which the kid plays.

I'm hopeful a package of Bernier, Clifford, A. Martinez, and a 3rd roudn pick is enough to secure a top 3 pick. The Kings can easily absorb the loss to the bottom 6 and 3rd defensive pairing as we have plenty of depth in those areas, not to mention that the team seems to specialize in finding these type of players throughout the draft.

That package wouldn't net a top Five pick.....

Guy's.......Would you trade a top five pick for that package ?

Uhhh NO.

I would asking the Kings for Toffoli+Johnny B to even start the conversation.

If that type of package is Patrick Roy's first move as a GM, I would fire him as an owner....

I would be asking the Kings for Toffoli+ Johnny B+ 1st round pick in the next years draft to even start talking serious.

Or Vey+Johnny B+ pick Colorado needs more depth down the middle.

Or Forbort+JohnnyB+pick.

Those type of packages get GM's to move top Five picks.

Not adding two depth players+ a token pick to a Goalie the Kings have to move before he hits RFA.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:45 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Yeah, the Kings have got to start with Bernier and Toffoli to even get within smelling distance of a top 3 pick. Add our first next year and another good prospect and maybe we can get something done. There's just no way.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

Uhhh NO.

If that type of package is Patrick Roy's first move as a GM, I would fire him as an owner....

I would be asking the Kings for Toffoli+ Johnny B+ 1st round pick in the next years draft to even start talking serious.

Or Vey+Johnny B+ pick Colorado needs more depth down the middle.

Or Forbort+JohnnyB+pick.

Those type of packages get GM's to move top Five picks.

Not adding two depth players+ a token pick to a Goalie the Kings have to move before he hits RFA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Yeah, the Kings have got to start with Bernier and Toffoli to even get within smelling distance of a top 3 pick. Add our first next year and another good prospect and maybe we can get something done. There's just no way.
to rich for my blood. trading that many high level prospects for one pick doesn't make sense to me. the guys mentioned will within the next 2-3 years be the ones replacing many existing players. most of them are all seen as upgrades at their respective positions over who is currently in the line-up.

so you trade them for the COL 1st, then who/how do you fill out the rest of the roster? you fix one hole in the line up, but likely caused 2 or 3 in other areas. that is no way to upgrade and build a roster.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM
funky

If Florida wanted Jones and Colorado traded down to 2nd and landed MacKinnon, and a prospect then moved out one of their big guys, Stastny, O'Reilly, Duchesne for the 3rd overall they could have a Drouin, MacKinnon combo for years to come

As for Colorado wanting Bernier, I can't see it but would love Duchesne and overpay to get him. Carter 2.0

Old
06-04-2013, 03:23 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

Uhhh NO.

I guarantee you that Clifford has more value to the majority of GM's in the NHL that Toffoli. Ott said that Clifford was one of three young players in hockey that they would trade their top prospect for last year.

Old
06-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I guarantee you that Clifford has more value to the majority of GM's in the NHL that Toffoli. Ott said that Clifford was one of three young players in hockey that they would trade their top prospect for last year.
He had more value last year, I doubt he does anymore. Vancouver had him down as one of their targets in a Cody Hodgson trade.

I expect that Clifford is still overvalued which is why it makes all the sense in the world to send him packing in the offseason.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
He had more value last year, I doubt he does anymore. Vancouver had him down as one of their targets in a Cody Hodgson trade.

I expect that Clifford is still overvalued which is why it makes all the sense in the world to send him packing in the offseason.
Agreed on that.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:15 PM
northernKing

The thing with Clifford is that he is unlikely to see regular top six ice time so his number will likely stick at around 10G and 25PTS. He has very good value especially if packaged in a deal. LA has the depth with guys like Nolan and Andreoff ready to step in. I'd offer up a package of Bernier, Clifford and Martinez for Paajarvi and the 7th overall. Not sure EDM takes it but all three players fill needs in EDM

Old
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Luc Gretzky

With the Hawks signing Antti Raanta today, looks like Emery will be leaving Chicago in the offseason. How would you all feel with Emery backing up Quick if we can move Bernier? It seems pretty logical to me, especially if he'll sign for 1-2 years around the same he signed for this year (1.15 I believe). Is there a better veteran UFA backup--who's not totally over the hill--this coming offseason?

Old
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
With the Hawks signing Antti Raanta today, looks like Emery will be leaving Chicago in the offseason. How would you all feel with Emery backing up Quick if we can move Bernier? It seems pretty logical to me, especially if he'll sign for 1-2 years around the same he signed for this year (1.15 I believe). Is there a better veteran UFA backup--who's not totally over the hill--this coming offseason?
One of the better FA goalies. I would be onboard with this.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
I'd be okay with him as our backup.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:00 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post

I don't believe he had a bad year. He did everything you want in a player like that except fight, but fights were way down this year.

Old
06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
deeshamrock

Probably not true but I've been reading that the BJ's and Bob/agent are not even close to a deal for a contract.
So if he does bolt to the KHL, then there's another team that needs a goalie

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 3h Sport-Express reports that according to UNCONFIRMED information SKA has offered $10 million per year to Bobrovsky

Old
06-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
I'd be okay with him as our backup.
I would be as well. However with the number he out up this year I think he will go somewhere where he has a shot an earning more starts ,and will make more than what I would be willing to spend on a back up.
Emery deserves it after what he has battled though.

Old
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I would be as well. However with the number he out up this year I think he will go somewhere where he has a shot an earning more starts ,and will make more than what I would be willing to spend on a back up.
Emery deserves it after what he has battled though.
Ya your bang on there. I don't see him settling for a backup to the leagues elite when he could sign for more and battle for a starting job in other NHL cities. I still like Khudobin but not sure if he leaves Boston. LA will likely go with a veteran signed to a one yr $1-1.5M deal if Bernier is dealt

Old
06-05-2013, 02:41 PM
northernKing

My revamped three way deal

Pittsburgh- Bernier and Nolan
Edmonton - Fleury and Martinez
LA- EDM 7th overall and Mark Fistric

Pitt gets young goalie this loads of potential and cap relief to sign guys like Letang, Dupuis and Kunitz down the road. Nolan adds depth and toughness to protect the star players and has wheels to keep up to up tempo Pens

EDM gets proven number one in need of change of scenery and a good PMD with playoff experience but still young. EDM likely misses out on the C they want to draft and use pick to address other needs

LA moves Nolan and Martinez to make room for the more rough and stay at home Fistric and to make room on roster for other youngsters like AA, Cliche,etc. I can also see LA moving down in the draft from 7th a few times to add more 2nd rd picks. The 7th could likely get them a combined return of a late first and couple second rd picks.

Old
06-05-2013, 02:59 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Fleury probably has negative value at this point.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:21 PM
northernKing

Well with the Avs giving Bordeleau 3yrs at an average cap hit of $1.0M looks like Clifford and Nolan will be cashing in more than I expected

Old
06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
northernKing

Starting to think Clifford may be offer sheeted by team like Vancouver that needs youth and size in lineup.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Hopefully he's traded.

Old
06-05-2013, 10:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Starting to think Clifford may be offer sheeted by team like Vancouver that needs youth and size in lineup.
clifford isnt going anywhere hes to much a coach /dean fav to be let walk .

Old
06-05-2013, 10:31 PM
KingLB

Quote:
They have a Clifford clone in Kassian. A team that is a "contender" can't afford to have two roster spots on guys like that, that aren't fully developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Hopefully he's traded.

You're crazy.

Old
06-05-2013, 10:36 PM
HookKing

Quote:
My revamped three way deal

Pittsburgh- Bernier and Nolan
Edmonton - Fleury and Martinez
LA- EDM 7th overall and Mark Fistric

Pitt gets young goalie this loads of potential and cap relief to sign guys like Letang, Dupuis and Kunitz down the road. Nolan adds depth and toughness to protect the star players and has wheels to keep up to up tempo Pens

EDM gets proven number one in need of change of scenery and a good PMD with playoff experience but still young. EDM likely misses out on the C they want to draft and use pick to address other needs

LA moves Nolan and Martinez to make room for the more rough and stay at home Fistric and to make room on roster for other youngsters like AA, Cliche,etc. I can also see LA moving down in the draft from 7th a few times to add more 2nd rd picks. The 7th could likely get them a combined return of a late first and couple second rd picks.
There is absolutely zero chance EDM goes for this...really.

Old
06-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post

You're crazy.
I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. He's done zero to impress me recently. The only thing we can rely on him to do, recently, is taking first period penalties.

Old
06-05-2013, 10:56 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. He's done zero to impress me recently. The only thing we can rely on him to do, recently, is taking first period penalties.
So you would trade Kopi/Brown/King/Lewis/Fraser/Nolan as well???

Closed Thread