HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal - St.Louis

Old
06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
Am I the only guy who would like to keep Stewart and see if he turns into a Dustin Brown kind of player?
If you actually expect him to play like Brown...Yes.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:07 PM
SilverRed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post

Tomas Plekanec
Josh Gorges
3rd round pick'13(MTL)

Chris Stewart
Ryan Reaves
Roman Polak
That's a steal for St Louis

SilverRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:14 PM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRed View Post
That's a steal for St Louis
No, its not at all.

But Id do Stewart and 2nd for Plecks

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:19 PM
shifting

I know I said the Stewart+2nd for Plekanec, but is he too small for Hitch and Armstrong's taste?

shifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:23 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting View Post
I know I said the Stewart+2nd for Plekanec, but is he too small for Hitch and Armstrong's taste?
No, but he's probably the smallest we'd go.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:24 PM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting View Post
He plays a great 2 way game, Hitch would love him

Old
06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Halifaxhab*

and now with MacDonald gone. St-Louis needs some veteran help at centre

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:51 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
and now with MacDonald gone. St-Louis needs some veteran help at centre
McDonald had no bearing on this. He was a winger that lost a couple steps, he wasn't coming back anyway and we needed a center even if he did come back.

Old
06-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
McDonald had no bearing on this. He was a winger that lost a couple steps, he wasn't coming back anyway and we needed a center even if he did come back.
Not that I endorced the OP....at all....for either team....but losing a solid veteran forward who could take faceoffs has no bearing on St-Louis needing a quality veteran forward, preferably a centre?

okely dokely

Old
06-06-2013, 01:56 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Not that I endorced the OP....at all....for either team....but losing a solid veteran forward who could take faceoffs has no bearing on St-Louis needing a quality veteran forward, preferably a centre?

okely dokely
We still needed a center regardless of McDonald's situation. McDonald retiring doesn't change how bad we need a center because even with McDonald we still needed a center badly.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We still needed a center regardless of McDonald's situation. McDonald retiring doesn't change how bad we need a center because even with McDonald we still needed a center badly.
just adds to it. At least now we'll see how serious the ownership group is to allow Armstrong to improve the team. Because no matter how they get the help. It will cost money

Old
06-06-2013, 02:01 PM
SaskRinkRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Tomas Plekanec
Josh Gorges
3rd round pick'13(MTL)

Chris Stewart
Ryan Reaves
Roman Polak
Let's look at this from an analytics standpoint.

Plekanec has posted relative Corsis of -3.8 and -2.4 respectively over the past two season, while starting 42.8 and 47.6% of his shifts in the offensive zone. He also had 33 and 52 points.

Over the same time period Gorges has posted -1.3 and -6.9 Corsis with 44.5 and 48.1% offensive zone starts. He also had 9 and 16 points.

Stewart: -8.4 and -9.7, 54.6 and 57.5%, 36 and 30 points
Polak: -6.5 and - 11.2, 47.5 and 49.6%, 6 and 11 points
Reaves: -0.5 and -0.1, 62.0 and 46.3%, 6 and 4 points

So Montreal is trading the better forward, the better d-man AND a 3rd round pick for the lesser forward, the lesser d-man, and a useless player.

SaskRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Jerk Store*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasparov View Post
noodles hit the nail on the head. This trade does nothing for us because our front office is in the "win now" mode. We take a couple major steps back on this one. If you are wanting Polak AND Stewart, something around Galchenyuk (+?) is going to to be the starting price.
this is a joke, right?

Jerk Store* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:07 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
this is a joke, right?
I hope so. No Blues fan is with him on that one don't worry.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:10 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
Let's look at this from an analytics standpoint.

Plekanec has posted relative Corsis of -3.8 and -2.4 respectively over the past two season, while starting 42.8 and 47.6% of his shifts in the offensive zone. He also had 33 and 52 points.

Over the same time period Gorges has posted -1.3 and -6.9 Corsis with 44.5 and 48.1% offensive zone starts. He also had 9 and 16 points.

Stewart: -8.4 and -9.7, 54.6 and 57.5%, 36 and 30 points
Polak: -6.5 and - 11.2, 47.5 and 49.6%, 6 and 11 points
Reaves: -0.5 and -0.1, 62.0 and 46.3%, 6 and 4 points

So Montreal is trading the better forward, the better d-man AND a 3rd round pick for the lesser forward, the lesser d-man, and a useless player.
Lol so statistically... you're a huge homer who's being biased. Speaking of useless what do you think Gorges is for us on the left side, or better yet the roster spot we waste on a lefty to move over and replace Polak on the right.

There's a reason people took out everything but Plecks and Stewart.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
SaskRinkRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Lol so statistically... you're a huge homer who's being biased. Speaking of useless what do you think Gorges is for us on the left side, or better yet the roster spot we waste on a lefty to move over and replace Polak on the right.

What about my post is homerism? The data seems to make it pretty clear that Montreal is getting the short end in terms of things that actually influence wins and losses.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

Try watching a game instead of just running statistics, no way is Gorges better than Polak, id say its pretty close. And if you have ever watched a Blues game once you would know that Reaves is far from useless.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:26 PM
SaskRinkRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Try watching a game instead of just running statistics, no way is Gorges better than Polak, id say its pretty close. And if you have ever watched a Blues game once you would know that Reaves is far from useless.
When you watch a Blues game (which I have), you see that despite starting most of his shifts in the other team's zone, Stewart is on the ice for a significantly higher number of shot attempts against his own team than against the other team. If you watched him and Plekanec play every game since October 2011, you would have watched Stewart score 19 fewer points than Thomas Plekanec.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post

Even tho he is a left hand shot, Gorges can play right D.

IMO Polak and Gorges are pretty close in value with the slight edge to Gorges since he plays usually on the top 2 pairings, while Polak has been on the 3rd pair even though its probably only because of the log jam of the right side

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Kasparov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
this is a joke, right?
haha! yeah, it sounded better drunk and really late at night. i'll be the first to admit, i'm pretty new to hockey, relatively speaking. i just started REALLY following it maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

my rational behind it though was this:

stewart is a top 6 foward, that could possibly be top line material in the right setting...maybe all he needs is a change in scenery. i still want to see all the potential that is there materialize. He lead the blues in scoring this year.

polak in my opinion is extremely underrated and if we give him a couple of years, i think he's going to be an incredible shutdown defensemen. he's mean, tough on the puck, and just hard to play against.

what i was thinking with galchenyuk was that he is still unproven, and then on top of it, has had injury problems in the past. obviously Montreal wouldnt need to add anything to a galchenyuk deal, but what would the blues need to add? im sure there is a thread out there talking about the value of him, but do the blues specifically have anything to offer?

Kasparov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:51 PM
SaskRinkRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasparov View Post
haha! yeah, it sounded better drunk and really late at night. i'll be the first to admit, i'm pretty new to hockey, relatively speaking. i just started REALLY following it maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

my rational behind it though was this:

stewart is a top 6 foward, that could possibly be top line material in the right setting...maybe all he needs is a change in scenery. i still want to see all the potential that is there materialize. He lead the blues in scoring this year.

polak in my opinion is extremely underrated and if we give him a couple of years, i think he's going to be an incredible shutdown defensemen. he's mean, tough on the puck, and just hard to play against.

what i was thinking with galchenyuk was that he is still unproven, and then on top of it, has had injury problems in the past. obviously Montreal wouldnt need to add anything to a galchenyuk deal, but what would the blues need to add? im sure there is a thread out there talking about the value of him, but do the blues specifically have anything to offer?
There isn't one rationale hockey human being that would trade Galchenyuk in a deal where the main components coming back are Stewart and Polak.

Montreal should not even trade Plekanec for that combination.

Old
06-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Chacal667

sincerely the habs get rob on that, Plekanec is our best foward

what the blues fans would say if Backes was in play for Depth ?

I hate Stewart, ( he is another kind of Andrei Kostitsyn ) the habs don't need that kind of player !

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
I'd take Roman Polak off your hands for a draft pick.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'd take Roman Polak off your hands for a draft pick.
I bet you would.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:17 PM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
sincerely the habs get rob on that, Plekanec is our best foward

what the blues fans would say if Backes was in play for Depth ?

I hate Stewart, ( he is another kind of Andrei Kostitsyn ) the habs don't need that kind of player !
Because this thread has turned into a numbers game, lets play one, shall we...

Plekanec is your best forward? He was third on your team in points and tied for third in goals. Stewart was first on our team with points and first on our team with points while posting more GWG, PPG, and S% than Plekanec.

All that said, this is not a robbery by any streach. You don't have to like Stewart but he adds scoring, size and grit to a team. If you don't need "that kind" of player, I don't know how to reason with you.

I would value Polak over Geoges but in all fairness, I only saw about 5 Habs games this year. Reaves was 1/3 of a line that was one of the biggest reasons we outplayed a very physical LA team in the playoffs for the better half of the series (even though we dropped it in a close one).

I wouldn't do the deal and I understand if you wouldn't, but lets not call something robbery because we are close to our own players

CitizenSnips is offline   Reply With Quote