HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
MacAulay is much too slow.
Are we talking like Jagr at 41 slow ?

Old
05-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeFan View Post
What's with your hate on for Thrower
What hate? The guy had a terrible year. And then his team sends a goodbye message like that....so just wondering if it was meant has a message or not....You clearly don't know the meaning of the word....

Not sure where you saw that I thought he was the worst human being on the planet, that I thought we should trade him or already plan to not sign him or anything....What would you have said if I would have said all of those things...

Old
05-31-2013, 12:48 AM
BladeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What hate? The guy had a terrible year. And then his team sends a goodbye message like that....so just wondering if it was meant has a message or not....You clearly don't know the meaning of the word....

Not sure where you saw that I thought he was the worst human being on the planet, that I thought we should trade him or already plan to not sign him or anything....What would you have said if I would have said all of those things...
You pretty much have. Every time you get the chance. It is obvious that you have a man crush on Dietz, and i believe he does deserve praise. But you seem to take shots at Thrower to validate how smart you are. Don't worry, we all know that you stood by him when Darren was struggling with -21 early in the year.

Old
05-31-2013, 01:01 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
You pretty much have. Every time you get the chance. It is obvious that you have a man crush on Dietz, and i believe he does deserve praise. But you seem to take shots at Thrower to validate how smart you are. Don't worry, we all know that you stood by him when Darren was struggling with -21 early in the year.
I think you're being overzealous, Whitesnake certainly has his favourites in terms of prospects, but he's in no way hating Thrower....

Old
05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Lol, at this hate talk. If some of the things that happened in the past year while Thrower was a Blade happen while Thrower is wearing the Hab's jersey in regular season or dare I say it, playoff games, you will learn what HFboard style hate really is. Just a head's up, free of charge. Things can always get worse.

Old
05-31-2013, 08:19 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He wasn't cut, they offered him and Gagne AHL deals and they refused. Probably would have started ECHL.
This doesn't make any sense, they go to an AHL try-out, and they refuse to sign an AHL deal?

Why did he bother going?

Old
05-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
This doesn't make any sense, they go to an AHL try-out, and they refuse to sign an AHL deal?

Why did he bother going?
They probably would make more money in the Q in SJ than ECHL. would have probably signed an NHL ELC deal, or AHL deal if they were guaranteed an AHL spot I assume.

Old
05-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Something tells me that you're related to him....Sorry if telling it like it is offends you. But it's absolutely false that I don't like him as I don't know him personnally. I know he had a tough season on and off the ice as the guy was a healthy scratch a few games and was known, not by me, to be some issues in the room. True? Not true? Don't care if he would have brought it on the ice. He didn't, hence the really bad season. Did I say somewhere that I don't see him coming back from it never? Nope.

How smart I am? Don't worry....I already know that I'm not. It doesn't make me less a person or not entitled to have my opinion or to say things as I see it. And don't worry again, it's not because I think something that you also have to agree. Yet....saying how terrible the year was for him....just tell me it isn't true. And even if I'm not smart, I also find possible to have a man crush for MORE than 1 person. Have it for Ellis...for Dietz...for Kristo...and the list goes on. And actually I HAD IT for Thrower in his draft year but you certainly weren't around.....I had him in my draft list. Loved the combination of toughness and skills and you know what....I STILL DO. Reason why I don't want to see him being traded. Reason why I don't think he's done. As I've NEVER said that even if you say "You pretty much have".....I didn't.

The only 2 things I said were: "He had a terrible season" and "If he goes on like that with no real improvement, Habs won't sign him". Again, please tell me how wrong I am to think that, though it is a moot point...I think that anyway. Guess what...that scenario just happened to Olivier Archambault. No real improvement....no signing. Anyway, clearly you have something personal here about that so no need to try to convince you. Think what you want. And I'll think what I want. But what I ALSO think is that if he goes on and play for Don Hay, the same way he played in his draft year and better....this guy is not only a keeper but we don't have a lot of d-men like that in our organization. He wasn't chose in the 2nd round if he wasn't good. And I was ecstatic to see him go at our pick but then...it's surely because I hate him. I probably faked my joy. Going back to Dietz well yes....love the guy and thought his -21 wasn't true to what he was as a player? I end up being right in the end....but hey, I also happen to be quite wrong too but I guess you miss all those moments when I admit it. Selective reading once again.

I'd love to have your own assessment of the kid's play, the reasons behind it as you SURELY seem to know more than I do. And don't even do it for me...do it for the rest of the people here who also didn't like his year and wonder what happened. But then if he gets his game together and that bad year will be in the past and will never be a factor for the rest of his career. But disregard that I also said that....it might not feed your purpose.

By the way, my point about the Blades message was just a point wondering what they meant. In no way was I implying how incredibly bad he was off ice, as I don't know. I said "wonder if they are taking a shot at him" Didn't even go further than that, but I guess I could or should have added "They should not have written that as Dalton was with them for 4 years....A message like Olson got would have been more approriate". I didn't, as my remark was to point something out with no vile intention....Anyway, I'm done with Thrower....I'll start a hate campaign with Beaulieu and his bully methods....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-31-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old
05-31-2013, 03:11 PM
BladeFan

I am a Blade Fan. Watched almost every game this season. Big fan of both Dietz and Thrower. And believe the Canadiens will be very happy with both prospects.

Old
05-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I am a Blade Fan. Watched almost every game this season. Big fan of both Dietz and Thrower. And believe the Canadiens will be very happy with both prospects.
Great. I hope so too as a Habs fan myself and a guy who continuously follow the prospects and see them at every dev and rookie camps. Thrower's trade might just be what the doctor orders.

Old
06-01-2013, 04:33 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I've heard a few posters on here say that Thrower's season wasn't as bad as it looked on paper. If you could be specific about how he looked to you it would be greatly appreciated.

Old
06-01-2013, 09:27 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I've heard a few posters on here say that Thrower's season wasn't as bad as it looked on paper. If you could be specific about how he looked to you it would be greatly appreciated.
One does not simply become suddenly awful. He just had a bad season. Will probably bounce back next year.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:41 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I would be one of those, as in the games I watched Thrower play (not counting the playoffs) he showed some good and bad things but mostly inline with what to expect from a offensive minded, gritty defensemen.

What I saw of him in the regular season was some solid play in the offensive zone and consistently questionable decisions with the puck in his own end. He certainly brings the grit though, seems to like to throw the hits and chuck the fists. The big drop in production and a terrible playoffs have to be a concern, will be interesting to see what management has in store for him.

His career WHL stats,

243-30-78-108 +30 344 pims

Old
06-05-2013, 08:16 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Is there anybody playing overseas that we technically still own the rights to, through whatever reason (lack of KHL agreement, or whatever), or any players we've qualified in the past just to hold onto their rights? Besides the obvious ones of course (Trunev, Engqvist)

Besides Kyle Klubertanz, whose rights we lose this summer, the only one I can possibly think of is Konstantin Korneyev. Is that right?

Old
06-05-2013, 08:47 AM
niftymove

Perezhogin?

Old
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by niftymove View Post
Perezhogin?
We gave up his rights a few off seasons ago. Once they come over, we have to qualify/sign them to contracts like any other player, regardless if they go back to Russia (or wherever) or not.

But my question is this, is there maybe an unwritten rule, that say, if a player hasn't come over, say 10 years after being drafted, like Korneyev, Alex Buturlin, etc. They are basically released?

Or, if a miracle happens, and say... Korneyev has a Lidstrom-esque season, we can just stake a claim on him before any other team?

Not saying it would ever happen...this is just more for knowing any "Hail Mary" options we have out there...

Old
06-05-2013, 09:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWhite53 View Post
We gave up his rights a few off seasons ago. Once they come over, we have to qualify/sign them to contracts like any other player, regardless if they go back to Russia (or wherever) or not.

But my question is this, is there maybe an unwritten rule, that say, if a player hasn't come over, say 10 years after being drafted, like Korneyev, Alex Buturlin, etc. They are basically released?

Or, if a miracle happens, and say... Korneyev has a Lidstrom-esque season, we can just stake a claim on him before any other team?

Not saying it would ever happen...this is just more for knowing any "Hail Mary" options we have out there...
I don't know how the league is handling the Russian players that have reached UFA age now, would assume they would be free to sign with any NHL team once they are UFA aged. The Habs have a few Russians that I assume they no longer hold the rights to, Korneev, Buturlin, Kruchinin, Sidyakin.

Old
06-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Vail on the US evaluation summer camp roster: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673103

Old
06-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I think he can make the team as a 4th line center, he's a really good skater and can play a mistake free game la Tom Pyatt

Old
06-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Letting Pyatt go for nothing still makes no sense since we gave up assets to acquire the same type of player.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I think he can make the team as a 4th line center, he's a really good skater and can play a mistake free game la Tom Pyatt
I see more upside than that in him. Definitely a high end 3rd liner, low end 2nd if he reaches full potential.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I think CC meant on that USA WJ team he could be their 4th line C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Letting Pyatt go for nothing still makes no sense since we gave up assets to acquire the same type of player.
Who did we trade assets for after letting Pyatt go? A 7th for Noke?

Pyatt's departure had a lot to do with simply having way too many small guys already on the team ahead of him on the depth chart. Maybe we could have gotten a pick or something for him, but that type of player tends to hit the waiver wire a few times a season.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think CC meant on that USA WJ team he could be their 4th line C.

Who did we trade assets for after letting Pyatt go? A 7th for Noke?

Pyatt's departure had a lot to do with simply having way too many small guys already on the team ahead of him on the depth chart. Maybe we could have gotten a pick or something for him, but that type of player tends to hit the waiver wire a few times a season.
You let Pyatt's go when you're going to replace them. You don't let them walk, sign nobody then trade for someone halfway through the season when you realize they filled a niche. Was just poor management. Pouliot too, Boston traded his rights for a 5th that turned into Seth Griffith.

Old
06-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
You let Pyatt's go when you're going to replace them. You don't let them walk, sign nobody then trade for someone halfway through the season when you realize they filled a niche. Was just poor management. Pouliot too, Boston traded his rights for a 5th that turned into Seth Griffith.
How did we have "nobody to replace him" when the PK was 2nd in the NHL last year?

That's the best part of his game, so whoever replaced him couldn't have been worse.

The problem with Pouliot is that his qualifying offer was like 1.5 mil coming off a poor year so he had no value. Gauthier offered him around and nobody was interested.

Old
06-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Yeah I was referring to this year's WJC squad and I didn't mean to trigger something by bringing up Tom Pyatt's name

Closed Thread