HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Hagg fits the bill. They're both in the 20-40 range.
Hagg is okay.. but I don't really care much for him. There's something missing up top when I watch him. I have legit concerns he might not put it all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
If we look at it that way, we should just pass on the whole draft. If we're going to be stupid, why not just double down and go into full retard mode.

Most of the players you listed are a bunch of maybes. Also, I'd rather have Pulock in the system if Subban wants stupid amount of money for an extension and anyways, I prefer Pulock to any of our D prospects not named Tinordi or Beaulieu.
A lot of people are questioning Pulock right now. As they should. If you look passed his slap shot, he doesn't seem to have a lot of other tools. That's not what you should be adding to a D pool that is already replete with D who bring what Pulock has and have a lot more going for them.

Old
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
The MOAR size brass would be happy. Can't say I would.
I'm with you on that. I would not be a happy camper.

Old
06-06-2013, 01:20 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
My apologies if these have been posted.

Future Considerations mock has us taking:

25: Michael McCarron
34: Dillon Heatherington
36: Shea Theodore
55: John Hayden

I can't say I'd be too angry with that. Although I may rather Bailey, Nastasiuk, Compher, Dickinson or Dauphin before Heatherington. Nothing against Heatherington, I just have others I'd prefer over him.

FC's mock has McCoshen lasting until 52nd overall.

THN's mock draft (Ryan Kennedy) has us taking Zach Fucale at 25.
Yeah, I'd take McCoshen over both those D. I'd take McCarron, Dickinson/Bailey, Nastasiuk/Dauphin, Hayden.

Old
06-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If nichuskin falls out of the top ten... The nhl really has gone mad and xenophobic
I don't think akowledging the KHL's impact means they are xenophobic. Plus for all of Nichushkin's skill he tends to play a very individiual game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I still think Hartman is going to be the guy, assuming he is available at 25. He's the perfect fit for the culture Bergevin is trying to create.
Definitely fits the mold of the type of player MB said he wanted in year end PC. His offensive production and being a late(very late) birthday are a big of a concern in the 1st round though. Ryan Callahan had similar numbers at the same age though, was actually passed over his 1st year eligibility(2003).

Old
06-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

USA U20 summer camp roster

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/ne...rrer_id=701370

Old
06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The only realistic Horvat scenario I see if he's there at 15 and we can convince the Islanders to do a trade down since they don't have a 2nd rounder.

16-17-18 are owned by division rivals, they won't want to help us.
I would think if we are seriously look at Horvat, the only realistic way possible is that Bergevin has a draft day trade in the works. As long as it isn't a bad trade value-wise, I think it's a good idea to get players that suit the kind of team MB wants to build.

Old
06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I would think if we are seriously look at Horvat, the only realistic way possible is that Bergevin has a draft day trade in the works. As long as it isn't a bad trade value-wise, I think it's a good idea to get players that suit the kind of team MB wants to build.
Only way we get Horvat is if he falls out of the top 15..

Old
06-06-2013, 02:04 PM
ReppingMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Any chance Brady Vail makes the team?

Old
06-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
Any chance Brady Vail makes the team?
His chances are good, in my opinion. He would be a veteran in this team.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Go for Hartman with our first, then one of Theodore, mueller, Morrissey and morin should be available with our first second. If not, Mccarron and with our later seconds, Poirier, dauphin , bailey, etc. should be a very exciting draft.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Let's try this for fun:

Habs skill draft
1st: Andre Burakowsky
2nd: Morgan Klimchuk
2nd: Arturri Lehkonen
2nd: Oliver Bjorkstrand
3rd: Cole Ully
3rd: Viktor Crus-Rydberg

Habs size draft
1st: Michael McCarron
2nd: Justin Bailey
2nd: Zach Nastasiuk
2nd: John Hayden
3rd: Nick Moutrey
3rd: Connor Hurley

Habs local draft
1st: Anthony Mantha
2nd: Laurent Dauphin
2nd: Emile Poirier
2nd: William Carrier
3rd: Yan-Pavel LaPlante
3rd: Marc-Olivier Roy.

Habs D draft
1st: Josh Morrissey
2nd: Ian McCoshen
2nd: Steve Santini
2nd: Brett Pesce
3rd: Tristan Jarry
3rd: Gustav Olofsson

Old
06-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Let's try this for fun:

Habs skill draft

Habs size draft

Habs local draft

Habs D draft
Sticking with your set-up of where guys would go... I would love this draft, I'd be absolutely stoked.... You almost wonder if all of these 2nds are too much of a good thing

#25-Mantha
#34-Bailey
#36-Lehkonen
#55-Carrier
#71-Tristan Jarry
#85-Olofsson

Old
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Artie

Quote:
Let's try this for fun:

Habs skill draft

Habs size draft

Habs local draft

Habs D draft
now convince the NHL that they should do the same

Old
06-06-2013, 02:49 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Habs D draft
Just had to sneak in ****ing Jarry, huh?

Old
06-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 0
I transcribed Fat Tony's interview with Kyle Woodlief yesterday.

Several interesting comments by Woodlief:

Bo Horvat: Big strong stud. Whatever territory he wants to occupy on the ice, that's what he's going to occupy, cause nobody is going to stop him from getting there. A big bull with good hands, who finishes all his checks. Plays well both ways, very responsible in his own end and great personal character. Captain material. RLR has him going 10th, but can't seem him dropping later than 12th or 13th max.

Depth of the draft: You're going to get quality players all the way through the end of the 2nd Round. Comparing this year to last year (and last year wasn't a very good draft year), seeing guys in RLR's early 40s rankings this year who would have been top 25 last year.

Habs' at 25, who?: Emile Poirier. Kid from Gatineau who came out like gangbusters this year. At the outset of the season, he looked like a late 2nd round type guy, but he improved his skating by a full stride and that was the one iffy part of his game coming into the season. By the end of the season, he was beating everybody to loose pucks, never losing a puck battle, never losing a race. He just plays a hard, intense game. If Woodlief were the Habs, he'd be hoping that Poirier would still be there at 25 -- RLR has him at 21. He was coming on so strong at the end of the season that if the season had gone on another 3 weeks, he could have made it to the top 15.

Anthony Mantha: Pure goal scorer. Big kid, great hands, not a lot of intensity or drive to his game. Very little work ethic. Doesn't work hard away from the puck. Doesn't use his size to win battles. But, if you want a guy who is big and strong and can really operate on the PP, puts the puck in the net, he might be your guy.

Frederick Gauthier: Woodlief's definition of a 3rd line shutdown centre. Not sure anymore that he has the offensive hockey sense to be a 2nd line guy. If Woodlief was a team that was sold that he could be a 2nd line centre, then he'd be a real valuable commodity, he'd be a guy who'd be in your top 20. He slid down RLR's board just because they have real questions about what his actual offensive upside is. He's 6' 5", 215 lbs., he's tremendous away from the puck, he's probably the most responsible defensive forward in this year's draft. Skates well, can handle the puck but he doesn't seem to be all that creative with the puck in the offensive end.

Kirby Rychel: Says has more skill than his old man but has the pugnaciousness, rugged aspect to his game. Has really hard net drive. Wins a lot of battles down low. He's going to be a very good pro for a lot of years. Probably not more than a 2nd line guy but good solid 2nd line winger who can score, fight, will stick up for teammates. Does a lot of different things to help a team win.

Samuel Morin: If Woodlief were a Habs fan, would be praying for him to make it to 25, huge stud on the back-end. Don't think he'll be there at 25, would be surprised if he made outside of the top 15. Guys who are closing in on 6' 7" who have fairly decent mobility and agility for a guy that size already will get better as his coordination catches up to his body. Already handles the puck really well. Can be an offensive contributor, might already be able to play on your 2nd PP unit and he's tough. There's huge, huge upside with a kid like this.

Laurent Dauphin: Really skilled, creative, playmaking centre, in the traditional mode of a Jean Ratelle. Sees the ice very well, inclusive player, gets everybody involved within the attack. Loves his soft hands, passing touch, really good player who came on very strong over the course of the season. He could surprise and squeeze into the back end of the first round. There are 2 or 3 teams that Woodlief knows of, who are drafting fairly late, had their eye on him quietly and may hope to sneak him through to the end of the first round. Woodlief sees him more as a high 2nd round-type pick. If Mtl were to be able to get him at one of their 34 or 36 picks, that would be a really good slot for him.

John Hayden: Big, strong, powerful winger. The only problem he has -- he's got some heavy boots. If he could skate a little bit better and get off the mark a little quicker, would have him a lot higher on the list. As it stands now, has him as a late 2nd early 3rd rounder type guy.

Eric Roy: A big defenseman, he's all offense, no defense. He doesn't think the game well in his own end. He doesn't have very much discipline. If you look at him with his size and skills package, you're thinking first rounder, but the lack of discipline scares Woodlief. Roy has no idea when it's appropriate to move up into the attack and when he needs to stay back. So his hockey sense is pretty questionable to Woodlief. The size and skills package is terrific. You'd be taking a gamble that your coaches can teach him in his own end.

Marc-Olivier Roy: Strong, solid winger who really battles and competes hard. Has a lot more skill than people have given him credit for. Thinks a kid like Roy is a guy the Habs will target in that 34-36 pick range. Doesn't think he will be available on the Habs' late 2nd round pick. If you really wanted him, Roy would be a real nice choice in the first top 10 picks of the 2nd round.

Goalie crop this year: Habs might be tempted by Fucale. Not a bad year for goaltenders. Other goaltenders of note, Tristan Jarry, Philippe Desrosiers and Eric Comrie (who had his season end early due to a hip injury but who checked medically at the combine, his medicals looked OK). All of them could factor into the late first or into the middle of the 2nd round. It's a really close race between some of the goaltenders. If Comrie had not been injured, would have wound up as RLR's top goalie.

Zach Fucale: As it is now, Fucale is RLR's top goalie. He's really, really strong mentally, Woodlief believes that he's a kid who can come in and handle the pressure in Mtl., he doesn't lose his focus and concentration even if he goes long stretches without seeing a quality shot. So he's a really solid prospect.

Last edited by Runner77: 06-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old
06-06-2013, 02:51 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Just had to sneak in ****ing Jarry, huh?
Figured a D draft should feature a goalie, the most important position

Old
06-06-2013, 02:53 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Figured a D draft should feature a goalie, the most important position
Imagine RDS if the Habs only drafted the defencemen. No guys from the Q, no forwards. It would be bedlam.

Old
06-06-2013, 02:54 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Imagine RDS if the Habs only drafted the defencemen. No guys from the Q, no forwards. It would be bedlam.
Almost worth it, IMO

Old
06-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Hey guys! Here's my predictions for the 7 round draft for the Montreal Canadiens! The article is my first ever article written in french. Comments are welcomed as usual! Critics will be evaluated and taken into account

Bonne lecture!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2013/...l-y-1-les.html

Old
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

I'm doing a mock draft at my site atm and so far have drafted Curtis Lazar and Ryan Hartman, two pain in the ass forwards. Any objections?

Old
06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Thanks for the write-up, Runner. Much appreciated.

The Fucale-to-the-Habs talk scares me, and I like Fucale.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
I'm doing a mock draft at my site atm and so far have drafted Curtis Lazar and Ryan Hartman, two pain in the ass forwards. Any objections?
How did you do it?

Old
06-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
How did you do it?
Sat and waited haha.

Lazar at #25 is a possibility in the real NHL draft. Then at #34, Hartman, which surprised me.

The guys that went higher than expected were Shea Theodore, Jacob De La Rose, Ian McCoshen and Chris Bigras. So it isn't totally out of the realm of possibility that the Canadiens will end up with these one or two of these guys.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:13 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

The Fucale-to-the-Habs talk scares me, and I like Fucale.
Would be a bad mistake.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You're welcome, Hoto. It was practically verbatim.

Wondering what your thoughts are about Poirier at 25 and how Dauphin is not likely get to the beginning of the 2nd round.

Closed Thread