HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2013, 02:23 PM
KingHab

vCash: 500
I'd like Horvat but realistic I'd like Mantha

Old
06-06-2013, 02:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
You're welcome, Hoto. It was practically verbatim.

Wondering what your thoughts are about Poirier at 25 and how Dauphin is not likely get to the beginning of the 2nd round.
I wouldn't be upset with Poirier at 25. Ideally I would like him with one of the early 2nd rounders but if he's generating as much interest as Woodlief and others say...we wouldn't be able to wait that long. Yeah, I'd be fine with it.

With Dauphin, I'd like to get him at 36, but I won't cry myself to sleep if someone snaps him up before we get there. He's a guy I would wait around for, a little bit moreso than Poirier.

It changes often though. I'll have a different answer for you tomorrow.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
I'm doing a mock draft at my site atm and so far have drafted Curtis Lazar and Ryan Hartman, two pain in the ass forwards. Any objections?
No, none at all. That would be a dream scenario. Can't believe you got Hartman at 34.

As for Woodlief's comments, seems more like his thoughts on who the Habs might go for rather than actual info/sources. I remember last year on draft day he went on Tony's show and claimed we could be picking Morgan Rielly at 3, it took about 20 minutes for Grant to come here and say that it wasn't even a possibility.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 06-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
I'm doing a mock draft at my site atm and so far have drafted Curtis Lazar and Ryan Hartman, two pain in the ass forwards. Any objections?
Wow, I'd be thrilled. Who you get at 36?

Old
06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I'm not a fan of this strategy. I'd rather get some guys who love to fight instead and let the other team have guys like them and then we beat the stuffing out of them.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'm not a fan of this strategy. I'd rather get some guys who love to fight instead and let the other team have guys like them and then we beat the stuffing out of them.
So you want a team full of enforcers and goons? You want to pick a guy that fights in the 1st round and waste our pick la McIlrath? No. Lazar at the 25th spot is more than a good pick. Btw, Lazar is never scared to drop the gloves, even against bigger opponents, just ask Darnell Nurse.

We could consider Diaby in later rounds, other than that, the previous poster did a great job taking Lazar and Hartman.

Old
Draft

I know this may be a polarizing opinion but.... I've got a feeling we may get a good player with one of our picks this draft. Stay tuned for updates.

Old
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Hey guys! Here's my predictions for the 7 round draft for the Montreal Canadiens! The article is my first ever article written in french. Comments are welcomed as usual! Critics will be evaluated and taken into account

Bonne lecture!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2013/...l-y-1-les.html
Unfortunately, you are dreaming if you believe Morin will be available at 25. He will have been picked, interviewed and have left the building long before we draft at 25. And as I have repeatedly posted, it will not be worth the price to move up the approximately 15 spots to draft him. Particularly in this draft. I still believe, despite the ridicule that I have endured over the last 30 days, that Morin will be a top 10 pick. I see him as having one of the highest upsides of any player in this draft and it appears that more and more 'professional' mock drafts/draft listings are agreeing with this assessment. His size, mobility and performance at the U18s make him one of the most intriguing prospects. It's funny how things go. Just last month on the Bruins' Board they were debating if they should take Morin with their pick at the end of the second round. It was a very informed discussion.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:23 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I wouldn't be upset with Poirier at 25. Ideally I would like him with one of the early 2nd rounders but if he's generating as much interest as Woodlief and others say...we wouldn't be able to wait that long. Yeah, I'd be fine with it.

With Dauphin, I'd like to get him at 36, but I won't cry myself to sleep if someone snaps him up before we get there. He's a guy I would wait around for, a little bit moreso than Poirier.

It changes often though. I'll have a different answer for you tomorrow.
1st pick...Horvat or Mantha or Gauthier or Morissey
2nd(34th)...Poirier
2nd(36)...Dauphin
2nd(55)...Bailey
3rd....Bjorkstrand
3rd...Diaby

Old
06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
2nd(34th)...Poirier
2nd(36)...Dauphin
2nd(55)...Bailey
3rd....Bjorkstrand
3rd...Diaby
We can't let Poirier or Dauphin be picked right out of our backyard...they could easily become the next Patrice Bergeron...they have tremendous skill level...and compete hard.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Well, these two guys are not soft. Imagine in 3-4 years, you might have a third line of Mike Fisher (Lazar) - Brad Marchand (Hartman).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Wow, I'd be thrilled. Who you get at 36?
Waiting for the #35 pick to be made, then I'm thinking Mirco Mueller or Steven Santini. Take a look at the board in this link.

Strong, tough to play against, reliable.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Go for Mueller if he's there.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:41 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Well, these two guys are not soft. Imagine in 3-4 years, you might have a third line of Mike Fisher (Lazar) - Brad Marchand (Hartman).

Waiting for the #35 pick to be made, then I'm thinking Mirco Mueller or Steven Santini. Take a look at the board in this link.

Strong, tough to play against, reliable.
Interesting. Will say though, I would have taken Burakowsky at 25 if he were there, love Lazar, but a tall sniper like Burakowsky would be tough to pass on. Also like Rychel more than Lazar. Crazy D run causing all these great forward prospects to slip. Hope it happens for real!

As for what to do at 36, I'm forward hungry, and I'd probably go with Buchnevich or Poirere, or maybe McCarron.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
2nd(34th)...Poirier
2nd(36)...Dauphin
2nd(55)...Bailey
3rd....Bjorkstrand
3rd...Diaby
I don't think Bjorkstrand makes it to the 3rd round, I also don't think there's a chance Bailey is there at #55.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I don't think Bjorkstrand makes it to the 3rd round, I also don't think there's a chance Bailey is there at #55.
It is possible. Bjorkstrand is offensively talented but has major questions about his ability to transfer into a more physical pro level. Still, his offensive potential starts to get scare by the middle of the second so he'll probably go between #45-80.

Old
06-06-2013, 03:58 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
2nd(34th)...Poirier
2nd(36)...Dauphin
2nd(55)...Bailey
3rd....Bjorkstrand
3rd...Diaby
If we came out of the draft with those guys, I think we should just start planning the parade in 2017. That would be an incredible haul.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:06 PM
poetryinmotion

This is one of those drafts where I can't get exited for any of our potential first rounders Make it a home run swing. (Mantha)

Old
06-06-2013, 04:07 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Like your picks, but I would go with Zykov with the first. Then you hope for a faller. Mueller at 34 would be amazing but he probably won't be there.
Mueller, Zykov, Erne, Pulock, McCoshen...there are teams that will want these guys more and will trade their second rounders.

Oilers need Pulock badly and that will give us five total picks in the second and two back to backs!

34-Dauphin

36-DelaRose
37-Laplante

55-Dano
56-Diaby

Would be my picks.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
We can't let Poirier or Dauphin be picked right out of our backyard...they could easily become the next Patrice Bergeron...they have tremendous skill level...and compete hard.
I expected us to draft Poirier, but don't act surprised when we only get one of those two. Yes we 'can' let them be picked out of our backyard. It happens.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:12 PM
odishabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
This is one of those drafts where I can't get exited for any of our potential first rounders Make it a home run swing. (Mantha)
IMO opinion this is a draft where Im excited about every single pick. In any other year there are probably 20 guys going in the 2nd round who would be 1st rounders.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:13 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
You wouldnt like lazar and Hartman at 25 and 34? They are both supposed to be gone before our picks.

Because they arent fighters.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:15 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
IMO opinion this is a draft where Im excited about every single pick. In any other year there are probably 20 guys going in the 2nd round who would be 1st rounders.
2nd round is way more exciting. I just can't see the difference between our first round pick and our seconds.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No, none at all. That would be a dream scenario. Can't believe you got Hartman at 34.

As for Woodlief's comments, seems more like his thoughts on who the Habs might go for rather than actual info/sources. I remember last year on draft day he went on Tony's show and claimed we could be picking Morgan Rielly at 3, it took about 20 minutes for Grant to come here and say that it wasn't even a possibility.
There is a lot of insider info that even Woodlief isn't privy to, so I agree, we have to exercise critical judgment and arrive at our own conclusions.

One thing that stood out for me was the comment about Dauphin, since it appeared to go beyond his personal projection. He intimated that he had knowledge that certain teams at the end of the round, were targeting him. It may not play out that way, but if I'm looking at what we know today, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on that and assume that if we really want Dauphin, we'll have to either use our first rounder or acquire a second late first rounder, to guarantee him.

The always intangible question -- how badly do the Habs want him. If, as Woodlief suggests, he has knowledge that more than one team is targeting Dauphin with its end of first round pick, then there is a fair chance that the Habs also have him high on their list.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 355
Quote:
2nd(34th)...Poirier
2nd(36)...Dauphin
2nd(55)...Bailey
There are indications (FWIW) that Poirier and Dauphin will be first rounders.

X-Factor might be Horvat. Moving up 15 spots or so, to secure Horvat, is quite the investment.

Wondering if instead of using draft picks, we might not be able to get it done just trading players we already own.

Old
06-06-2013, 04:27 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Hey guys! Here's my predictions for the 7 round draft for the Montreal Canadiens! The article is my first ever article written in french. Comments are welcomed as usual! Critics will be evaluated and taken into account

Bonne lecture!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2013/...l-y-1-les.html
Morin wont be there #25. So I would go for:

#26: Any of Erne, Morrissey or McCoshen.
#34: Morgan Klimchuk; Left Wing
#36: Robert Hagg; Defense
#55: Jacob De La Rose; Centre
#71: Phillipe Derosiers; Goaltender
#86: Hudson Fasching; Right Wing

Others is a crapshoot.

Closed Thread