HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Sedins

Old
06-06-2013, 04:40 PM
rocket1990

vCash: 500
The Sedins

Value anyone?

rocket1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:52 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
together? more than any team could give up for 2 players tbh

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

1 year at 12.2 together isn't going to get much relative to how much value they bring to Vancouver. Unless salary goes back, only half the teams in the NHL have the cap room to fit both, and most of those teams aren't looking to trade young assets for one season of the Sedins. Vancouver should be in win now mode so if picks and prospects as the centerpiece to a deal isn't what you want, hold on to them instead.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:08 PM
dahrougem2

I'm of the belief that the Sedins are not players you can build around who will lead you to the stanley cup, I think that they are complementary players. If the Avs and Canucks were to engage in a trade for the Sedins, I'd be very upset if any of the following were given for them:

1st Overall pick
Duchene
Landeskog
O'Reilly
Parenteau
Downie
Johnson
Barrie
Elliott
Wilson
Siemens
Varlamov

So pretty much what's available is Stastny, Jones, McGinn, Hejda, McLeod, Mitchell and a few prospects but even then, I would hesitate about giving up Stastny. I think that the Sedins' best years are behind them

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Ho Borvat

It would have to be another teams 2 stars coming the other way... only way this remotely makes sense.

ie
Eriksson + Benn
Giroux + Voracek
Nugent-Hopkins + Hall
Thornton + Marleau

And even at that... it makes no sense.

*Other teams fans don't freak out. Im saying it would have to be a 2 for 2 star player swap for this to make sense. Those aren't actually proposals

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:11 PM
tsujimoto74

I doubt there are many, if any, teams in the NHL that are simultaneously: 1) competing for a cup right now 2) have the cap space for both Sedins and 3) have the expendable assets to acquire them in a trade.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
I'm of the belief that the Sedins are not players you can build around who will lead you to the stanley cup, I think that they are complementary players. If the Avs and Canucks were to engage in a trade for the Sedins, I'd be very upset if any of the following were given for them:

So pretty much what's available is Stastny, Jones, McGinn, Hejda, McLeod, Mitchell and a few prospects but even then, I would hesitate about giving up Stastny. I think that the Sedins' best years are behind them

I know your leaving the Division next year... but it really sounds like your not taking the breakup well...

Old
06-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

It'd have to be what Hossa/Kovi got x2 as a base for Vancouver to even consider trading them.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Fork

Quote:

1st Overall pick
Duchene
Landeskog
O'Reilly
Parenteau
Downie
Johnson
Barrie
Elliott
Wilson
Siemens
Varlamov

i understand where you are coming from but some of the names you listed made me speechless

Fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:38 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
It would have to be another teams 2 stars coming the other way... only way this remotely makes sense.

ie
Eriksson + Benn
Giroux + Voracek
Nugent-Hopkins + Hall
Thornton + Marleau

And even at that... it makes no sense.

*Other teams fans don't freak out. Im saying it would have to be a 2 for 2 star player swap for this to make sense. Those aren't actually proposals
LOL

The only one of those that might make sense would be Thornton Marleau because of age.

The rest of the trades are giving up better, significantly younger players signed to solid deals for aging stars with 1 year left.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:57 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:

1st Overall pick
Duchene
Landeskog
O'Reilly
Parenteau?
Downie?
Johnson?
Barrie?
Elliott?
Wilson
Siemens?
Varlamov

All of the above expect maybe Duchene are also complimentary players. The Sedins are better than almost every player on this list save for Duchene.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Not going to happen. The Sedins have NMC and are signing one year deals from here on out. They'll stay in Vancouver until they go back to Sweden.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:00 PM
TOML

Doubt they're made available.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I doubt there are many, if any, teams in the NHL that are simultaneously: 1) competing for a cup right now 2) have the cap space for both Sedins and 3) have the expendable assets to acquire them in a trade.
This.

The value of the Sedins and what they could actually get are 2 seperate things. Altough the list of teams willing to take them could be expanded by accepting cap dumps back.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
LOL

The only one of those that might make sense would be Thornton Marleau because of age.

The rest of the trades are giving up better, significantly younger players signed to solid deals for aging stars with 1 year left.
Did you read the asterisk in my comment? It makes your post kind of irrelevant..

Old
06-06-2013, 06:04 PM
RidinwitdaKING

I think this would be a GM's Death to take the Brothers. It can only end up badly.
There not moving now

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:25 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
They won't get traded, they have NTCs and haven't indicated that they would waive. Also they would most likely only waive to go together to a contender and they cannot afford their combined salary

Quote:

1st Overall pick
Duchene
Landeskog
O'Reilly
Parenteau
Downie
Johnson
Barrie
Elliott
Wilson
Siemens
Varlamov

This is one of the most ridiculous, and downright insulting list of untouchables I have seen. Everyone aside from Duchene and Landeskog would be OTB because none of them are at/will be on the level of the Sedins

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Did you read the asterisk in my comment? It makes your post kind of irrelevant..
Vancouver doesn't really have the kind of youth or high value assets that would be required to add to get young studs like you listed so yes it is still relevant.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Goon42

Gonna bump this thread when one of the sedins gets anther 100 point season

Goon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:56 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

vCash: 1034
zetterberg datsyuk and smith?

shultzyfeelinirie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzyfeelinirie20 View Post
zetterberg datsyuk and smith?
If it weren't completely impossible and I weren't emotionally attached to the Sedins I'd be all over this.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Vancouver doesn't really have the kind of youth or high value assets that would be required to add to get young studs like you listed so yes it is still relevant.
Did you read the part where I said they werent proposals?

The part where I toldother teams fans not to get upset because it would have to be a 2 for 2 swap for star players?

Old
06-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Scurr

They're worth what all star players get in the last year of their deal, 1st, roster player, prospect. Much less than their true value.

Considering that a team would have to offer that x 2 and the Canucks likely want them back... it's probably not worth talking about.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
This criteria leaves who left? OTT and NYI? I'm not even sure either are done their rebuilds. That said, those are the only two teams with the assets and cap space to get it done without totally gutting their team.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
They're worth what all star players get in the last year of their deal, 1st, roster player, prospect. Much less than their true value.

Considering that a team would have to offer that x 2 and the Canucks likely want them back... it's probably not worth talking about.
Buffalo has two 1st round picks this draft. They also have more than enough cap room, even before accounting for roster players going the other way. Not suggesting they would or should be interested, just saying that there are teams that could swing this without much trouble, if they wanted to.