HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
2nd round is way more exciting. I just can't see the difference between our first round pick and our seconds.
I definitely can. There's a chance a guy like Burakowski is there at 25. There is pretty much zero chance that Burakowsky will be there in the second.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Waiting for the #35 pick to be made, then I'm thinking Mirco Mueller or Steven Santini. Take a look at the board in this link.
Take Mueller.

If the Habs end up with Lazar, Hartman and Mueller with the first three picks, it will be a coup.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
This is one of those drafts where I can't get exited for any of our potential first rounders Make it a home run swing. (Mantha)
I just don't want to end up with a 3rd line forward with little offense, a 4th line grinder, or a bottom pairing D with our 1st Round pick... I don't have any No Drafts. Just make sure anyone they pick actually projects as a hockey player. For example if they decide to pick McCarron, I expect that Timmins feels the odds are stacked on the side of his finishing abilities and hockey sense carrying to the pro ranks, that they don't expect it's just a long shot...

We all know that more than 9 out 10 energetic forwards on the small side with some offense don't become Callahan... We all know more than 9 out of 10 big bodied forward that can fight and skate don't become Lucic (alot more that 9 out of 10 actually)... Don't mess it up please.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:32 PM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I definitely can. There's a chance a guy like Burakowski is there at 25. There is pretty much zero chance that Burakowsky will be there in the second.
I agree.. Burakowsky is one of the few high-end offensive players that may slip because of some teams' considering him a risk. That's the beauty of having multiple picks. We have the luxury of taking a 'risk' on a player that has a high ceiling but may not reach it. For those who want us to make a 'safe' pick, I would reply, why are we trying to draft a player who will play on the 3rd line or be a 5th defenceman? How will such a player measurably improve the fortunes of this team? With the lowering of the cap there will be more players like that available through free agency than you can shake a stick at. At the coming draft we should be swinging for the fences and choosing those players that we deem have the highest upside. The ones that have the possibility to be game breakers. I don't want us to be drafting potential NHL players; I want us to draft potentially impactive NHL players. If only one or two turn out as hoped, this will be a good draft for us.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:35 PM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Take Mueller.

If the Habs end up with Lazar, Hartman and Mueller with the first three picks, it will be a coup.
Just Lazar and anyone else would be a coup.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
With 25/34/36, I want:

- At least 1 significant offensive talent.
- At least 1 big man up front who is known to play big.
- At least 1 local product. The media will go nuts if we don't select one in such a good year for the Q and if the good ones (Dauphin and Poirier mainly, maybe M-O Roy) go before our next pick at 55, which could lead to a Duclair being overdrafted.

Obviously a player could represent 2 of these criterias.

Old
06-06-2013, 06:15 PM
goman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
With 25/34/36, I want:

- At least 1 local product. The media will go nuts if we don't select one in such a good year for the Q and if the good ones (Dauphin and Poirier mainly, maybe M-O Roy) go before our next pick at 55, which could lead to a Duclair being overdrafted.

Looks like that's a reasonable request given the talent at that part of the draft, in fact, there's quite a few prospects that would tick at least 2 of those boxes.

Would love to get a big future 3rd or 4th line centre, a big, crash-the-net winger who can score and hit, and some more high end skill. Would be good to add to our very weak goaltending depth too.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if we grabbed Fucale. Seriously, we have no one in our system at all and haven't since Halak and Price graduated.

Old
06-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Breakfast of Champs

I want the Habs to take Dauphin, and I don't care if its with the 1st or one of the 2nds.

Old
06-06-2013, 06:40 PM
phillytennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast of Champs View Post
I want the Habs to take Dauphin, and I don't care if its with the 1st or one of the 2nds.
I must agree with you totally. Tremendous hockey sense...player of the game in the Orr/Cherry prospects game...also, the best player in the finals between Canada and US under 18 game. Timmins should make Dauphin and Poirier a priority on draft day.

Old
06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
I agree.. Burakowsky is one of the few high-end offensive players that may slip because of some teams' considering him a risk. That's the beauty of having multiple picks. We have the luxury of taking a 'risk' on a player that has a high ceiling but may not reach it. For those who want us to make a 'safe' pick, I would reply, why are we trying to draft a player who will play on the 3rd line or be a 5th defenceman? How will such a player measurably improve the fortunes of this team? With the lowering of the cap there will be more players like that available through free agency than you can shake a stick at. At the coming draft we should be swinging for the fences and choosing those players that we deem have the highest upside. The ones that have the possibility to be game breakers. I don't want us to be drafting potential NHL players; I want us to draft potentially impactive NHL players. If only one or two turn out as hoped, this will be a good draft for us.
Yup. And for this organization, an elite goal scoring winger, a 40 goal type, is the biggest need within the entire organization. There are two guys who could fall to 25 that could fulfill that need IMO. Mantha and Burakowsky. Sure both could bust, but with 3 second rounders, and 2 3rd rounders, I say swing for the fences. Both have shades of Kovalchuk, tall snipers who can skate and score in bunches.

Old
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Take Mueller.

I'd be jumping up and down on my bed like a little kid.

Old
06-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Having watched Dauphin only briefly, it is clearly visible how elite his skating ability is. Moreover, his hockey sense, intensity and willingness to go to the dirty areas, project him as a two-way center at the pro level. What makes him intriguing is that he has so much room to grow physically.

Old
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Mrb1p

You know the draft is close when kids like Poirier and Dauphin get rated as first rounder and players like Lazar fall to the end of the first

THIS PLACE IS GOING NUUUUUTS!

Old
06-06-2013, 07:45 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
With 25/34/36, I want:

no criterias... we need the players that will help this team the most, period.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597

Amazing that he doesn't have better numbers, he looks dominant in that video. Dickinson/Bailey/Baptiste are all very intriguing potential 2nd rounders out of OHL for us. They've all battled inconsistency and gone through cold stretches, but the talent they have is clearly 1st round caliber.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Amazing that he doesn't have better numbers, he looks dominant in that video. Dickinson/Bailey/Baptiste are all very intriguing potential 2nd rounders out of OHL for us.
Those player can be really dominant when they're on their game. Just like one of our own Bourque

Old
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
V-2 Schneider

Dickinson looks slow.Don't get why you'd be excited about this guy.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:08 PM
EveryDay

Can you rank thoses prospects please!

Shea Theodore
Jacob de la Rose
Adam Erne
Ryan Pulock
Josh Morissey
Robert Hagg
Samuel Morin
McCoshen
Andre Burakowsky
Kerby Rychel

Old
06-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider View Post
Dickinson looks slow.Don't get why you'd be excited about this guy.
Slow? Tell me, do you think Patches look slow?

Old
06-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Can you rank thoses prospects please!

Shea Theodore
Jacob de la Rose
Adam Erne
Ryan Pulock
Josh Morissey
Robert Hagg
Samuel Morin
McCoshen
Andre Burakowsky
Kerby Rychel
Pulock
Erne
Burakowsky
hagg
Morrissey
Morin
Rychel
McCoshen
Theodore
Dlr

Theodore is my wild card

Old
06-06-2013, 08:12 PM
V-2 Schneider

Oh my! Patches would skate rings around this guy.In fact, here's a test for you: use Patches speed as your marker for selecting a top 50 forward pick.Patches was fast and smooth when drafted.Dickinson, like Gauthier, lacks that speed.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
lol you guys are all over the place!
It's like TT can't go wrong

Old
06-06-2013, 08:14 PM
V-2 Schneider

If we want fast forwards in our top 3 picks, then it's Lazar, De La Rose and Burakowsky.The later two could compare very nicely to Patches.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider View Post
Oh my! Patches would skate rings around this guy.In fact, here's a test for you: use Patches speed as your marker for selecting a top 50 forward pick.Patches was fast and smooth when drafted.Dickinson, like Gauthier, lacks that speed.
Basing yourself on highlights vid will get you a good team!

Dickinson uses his speed like Cole does, its not his game to run around like Tom Pyatt

Old
06-06-2013, 08:20 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Pulock
Erne
Burakowsky
hagg
Morrissey
Morin