HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2013-2014 News Around The NHL Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 500
Raanta to Chicago.

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

As my Finnish pal @vrantanen suspected, CHI has agreed to terms with UFA G Anntti Raanta on a one-year entry level contract.
Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

BTW, Raanta has not actually signed the contract with CHI but has agreed to terms with Hawks. Paperwork is in process of being finalized.
Quote:
Juha Hiitelš ‏@jhiitela

Raanta was selected as best player of regular season (equal to Hart) and playoffs MVP. Played in World Champs this May. #blackhawks #NHLfi

Old
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Panthers607

vCash:
New Canes unis

meh

Old
06-04-2013, 12:19 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

IMO home looks like Detroit and away looks like Caps 3rd.

Don't like.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:43 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Blah. The logo seems to be a bit too high.

Old
06-04-2013, 01:44 PM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash:
Not a big fan of the home Cane jerseys but I like the away ones. Thats been the general consensus out there as well. They are still keeping the black 3rd jerseys too apparently as is.

Dallas is also releasing new logo & jersey's today as well. I'm definitely interested to see how those look. Release time is 7pm EST for the new Stars jersey. Icethetics is doing live twitter feed all day for it so you can go there and check it out (www.icethetics.info/blog)

Old
06-04-2013, 01:45 PM
StrangeVision

They seem very bland. I'm sure they'll look better on the ice, but that picture makes them seem very meh. And PB is definitely right about those logos looking too high. It looks kind of goober-ish.

Old
06-04-2013, 02:10 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Logo is definitely oddly high. Not a fan of the Team Canada look either.

Old
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.

They are an upgrade from the old ones that's for sure. And yeah, the home ones do look like Detroit.

Old
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
They are an upgrade from the old ones that's for sure. And yeah, the home ones do look like Detroit.
They're hideous.

Screw Reebok.

Old
06-04-2013, 08:18 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk

I really don't like the new Canes jerseys. Especially the home one. Just so boring and the logo is high enough to seem like it's choking the players. The away one seems ok, but too much like Team Canada's.

I LOVE the new Stars jerseys though. The green reminds me so much of the Whalers jerseys. Great color scheme they have going there.

Old
06-05-2013, 02:15 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I LOVE the new Stars jerseys though. The green reminds me so much of the Whalers jerseys. Great color scheme they have going there.

I like it too, but would have been even better IMO with that old stars logo.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Panthers607

vCash:
The dark jersey says "road jersey" and white says "home".
League wide change coming for this upcoming season?

Old
06-05-2013, 03:45 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
The dark jersey says "road jersey" and white says "home".
League wide change coming for this upcoming season?
I remember seeing Detroit wear their road whites at home this season many times, maybe it's just up to the (home) teams themselves to decide which to wear where.

Old
06-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

No change, dark is still home.

Not a fan if either, but Dallas' is ok

Old
06-05-2013, 07:50 AM
ShootIt
M F P G A

I like the logo on the pants better than the main one for Dallas.

Carolina? lol

Old
06-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Waingro
Foppa2118

A bit OT, but I'm trying to get an idea of who the best defensive forward role players are on each team. I tried to set up some criteria to eliminate the more offensive two way guys in the league, and the young up and coming offensive guys.

Basically hoping to get mostly bottom six guys who's main role is strong defensive play, though it's ok if someone is a bit of a tweener on a 2nd line or something. Even if you don't think your team has any strong defensive forwards on the bottom lines, please mention who you think are the best of the group.
  • Player can be a pending UFA - As long as they are currently with your team
  • Player must be 23 years old (as of now) or older - To eliminate young offensive two way players like O'Reilly or Landeskog
  • Player can not have more than two 40 point seasons in the last 7 NHL seasons - To eliminate the Bergeron's and Staal's

If a few of you have time to stop by this thread and add a couple names, that'd be awesome. Try to limit it to the two best guys, but if you feel the need to add more that's fine. Thanks for any info you feel like sharing.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1442643

Last edited by Waingro: 06-06-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old
06-08-2013, 04:14 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

MacT to have a presser tonight.

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

I believe the Oilers will announce Ralph Krueger is out as head coach, but they may not announce his replacement for a few days.
Quote:

The Oilers are keen on Dallas Eakins. Wouldn't be surprised if he's named this week. Eakins was also in running for Stars and Canucks.
Quote:

Eakins is ready to be an NHL head coach. I'll be very surprised if he's not Edmonton's man.
Thank god we only have one ass in Dorkman these days (yes, I realise that he only does the business, sponsors etc. things), and not the whole front office like Edmonton does.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

I like it too, but would have been even better IMO with that old stars logo.
meh. underwhelming.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:32 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Komarov reportedly going back to his old KHL team.

Sad to see him leave if that's true, but hey, at least he won't playing against us in the same division.

Old
06-10-2013, 10:14 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Komarov reportedly going back to his old KHL team.

Sad to see him leave if that's true, but hey, at least he won't playing against us in the same division.
wasn't it komarov who got 2 diving penalties in the same game against us?

Old
06-10-2013, 10:39 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
wasn't it komarov who got 2 diving penalties in the same game against us?
I think so, yes. He's not really known for diving thou.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:34 AM
CREW99AW

Freidman quoted an unnamed gm , who scoffed at what Snow is offering around the league: DiPietro+ a solid asset for a bad contract. Imo it looks like Snow will have to eat some salary if he wants some other team to buyout DiPietro and he refuses to offer anything more enticing then a solid asset. If Snow eats 50% of DiPietro's contract and the other team eats 50%, they would both end up spending $12m on RD's buyout, over the next 16 yrs.
Below are the type of deals, I would hope are being discussed. Again I said type of deals.

Jovanovski-due $8.2m over 2 yrs.His buyout would cost roughly $5m paid over 4 yrs.FL is out an extra $7m buying out RD instead. What would Fl's extra $7m in spending cost Snow?

Volchenkov- due $12.7m over 3 yrs. His buyout would cost $8+ paid over 6 yrs. NJ is out an extra $4m buying out RD instead. What would NJ's extra $4m in spending cost Snow?

Ballard- due $8.4m over 2 yrs.His buyout would cost $5m+ paid over 4 yrs. Vancouver is out less then $7m buying out RD instead.What would Vancouver's extra $7m in spending cost Snow?

Old
06-10-2013, 11:45 AM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Freidman quoted an unnamed gm , who scoffed at what Snow is offering around the league: DiPietro+ a solid asset for a bad contract. Imo it looks like Snow will have to eat some salary if he wants some other team to buyout DiPietro and he refuses to offer anything more enticing then a solid asset. If Snow eats 50% of DiPietro's contract and the other team eats 50%, they would both end up spending $12m on RD's buyout, over the next 16 yrs.
Below are the type of deals, I would hope are being discussed. Again I said type of deals.

Jovanovski-due $8.2m over 2 yrs.His buyout would cost roughly $5m paid over 4 yrs.FL is out an extra $7m buying out RD instead. What would Fl's extra $7m in spending cost Snow?

Volchenkov- due $12.7m over 3 yrs. His buyout would cost $8+ paid over 6 yrs. NJ is out an extra $4m buying out RD instead. What would NJ's extra $4m in spending cost Snow?

Ballard- due $8.4m over 2 yrs.His buyout would cost $5m+ paid over 4 yrs. Vancouver is out less then $7m buying out RD instead.What would Vancouver's extra $7m in spending cost Snow?
Florida is still a budget conscious team. So spending money on a buyout of RD's contract wouldnt happen. Jovo, while due that salary amount, is going to be most likely a Panther the rest of his career. And the rest of his career, may not be that long as no one knows if the hip injury he is recovering from will allow him to keep playing next season.

So its either he returns and we play him as a bottom pair d-man who can help the young kids as a leader in the dressing room or he's going on the LTIR which would mean insurance is mostly paying his salary and wouldnt affect us (or if he chooses, retires and becomes part of the front office in some capacity). Regardless, the team is gonna stick with Jovo until he no longer is playing.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:55 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Florida is still a budget conscious team. So spending money on a buyout of RD's contract wouldnt happen. Jovo, while due that salary amount, is going to be most likely a Panther the rest of his career. And the rest of his career, may not be that long as no one knows if the hip injury he is recovering from will allow him to keep playing next season.

So its either he returns and we play him as a bottom pair d-man who can help the young kids as a leader in the dressing room or he's going on the LTIR which would mean insurance is mostly paying his salary and wouldnt affect us (or if he chooses, retires and becomes part of the front office in some capacity). Regardless, the team is gonna stick with Jovo until he no longer is playing.
I didn't realize he was a possibility, for the LTIR list.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:02 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post

Add in the fact that even if he does retire, no actual money would be paid to him even thou the caphit would stay, because of the +35 contract rule.

So yeah, not a chance ownership takes on DP's contract.

Closed Thread