HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When did Lowe say this?

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2004, 02:44 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
When did Lowe say this?

http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonSports/e...1-05-0075.html

I know it's Al Strachan, but I don't remember Lowe making excuses for the Oilers play due to the fact that they area small market. I know he wants all teams to be on the same level fiscally speaking.

What an idiot. Even if the Oilers were first in the dividion, it would not change the fact that things have to be equal. ****, Cgy is playing awesome and there are rumors that they'll move Iginla because of $$. That's what the Oilers, Flames, Sens, and a bunch of other teams are complaining about.

Old
01-05-2004, 03:57 AM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonSports/e...1-05-0075.html

I know it's Al Strachan, but I don't remember Lowe making excuses for the Oilers play due to the fact that they area small market.
Strachan's comments are risable, and say more about the Toronto Sun than about the Oilers.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:30 AM
Oi'll say!

He's trying to be cute. But he's really just a troll with bad grammar.

Quote:
VANCOUVER

A lot of time is being wasted in Canada. Three cities - Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver - are planning Stanley Cup parades. But it's safe to say that the one with the weakest goaltending is wasting more time than the others -Vancouver.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:44 AM
theoil

I'm not certain how Al got his job or keeps it but it is fairly safe to say that the explanation involves photographs of important people and farm animals. Any other explanation falls short considering his knowledge of the game. He is an embarrassment to that paper.

Old
01-06-2004, 02:39 AM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Notice how Strachan cleverly never said *Lowe* said it - just that it's been an excuse?

He said "it's a crutch the players never fail to lean on".

IMO, that's even worse - I've never heard an Oilers player say "Our team doesn't win because we don't get paid enough".

But since he didn't attribute it to anybody in particular, he can't really be called out on it.

Incidentally, it's all well and good to say "but the Oilers have been saying that for a decade, it's no longer a good excuse" - except nothing's changed in the NHL economically for a decade, so if it was valid then, it's equally valid now. Same for the youth argument (a friend who's a Leafs fan said "but the Oilers have been saying they're a young team for years, that excuse doesn't work any more" - you can't argue hockey with Leafs fans ).

That article was pretty poor though, even by Strachan standards.

I think the URL's broken now though, I found it at http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040104/nhl1-sun.html

Closed Thread