HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings Re-Sign Robyn Regehr to a 2 Year Contract Extension @ $3 Million Per Season

Old
06-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
We also need to stop using WM as a barometer of every defensemen we get. That guy was truly special.
Yep.. Hell, we can even compare to the guy to Greene. He's a third pairing guy and average at best. I want to see more from him than to say this was a terrible signing.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:07 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Or that some players just aren't that good, as illustrated by ample statistical data and anecdotal evidence.

Regher is not a good player. He's 33 now, and his play will deteriorate. This was a poor signing by Lombardi.
I am willing to give Regehr at least next year.

People said Mitchell was done after his head injury....

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

With the uncertainty of Mitchell and Scuderi still remaining unsigned, let's be realistic, the Kings' best option was Regehr. Yes, he's terrible with the puck on his stick, but is there really anyone out there who could fill the same role as Mitchell? No, nobody like that was available at the deadline and nobody like that will be available this summer in free agency.

I hope Mitchell pulls through and miraculously heals up, but the way we all have to approach it is the same as how the organization is approaching it, as if he's no longer an option. We can't sit and dwell on Mitchell's loss or indefinite return. It would be like hanging our hopes on the returns of Allison and Deadmarsh, and we know how that turned out!

Regehr has a lot to adjust to and I think he'll eventually get used to playing with Doughty. Tonight was downright his worst performance as a King, but he's also helped bail out his partner at times as well. Regehr really is the least of the Kings concerns heading into next season.

Some time off to recuperate and time to prepare for an 82-game season will hopefully work wonders for many disappointing individuals on the Kings' roster. Until then, calm down, breathe, realize that the core of this team is still young, they're locked up and will be here for the long haul. They'll have plenty of opportunities to contend for a Stanley Cup.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:09 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
We also need to stop using WM as a barometer of every defensemen we get. That guy was truly special.
True, although if another Cup is the goal then you have to aim high.

With the salary cap issues the way they are, combined with the short supply of quality defensemen at reasonable prices, I think the Kings will need to improve the defensive corps from within. And, while Muzzin was getting some flak in the GDT and PGT, I think he's come a long way since the St. Louis series. His development in the past few weeks has been very encouraging. Between him, Forbert, maybe ultimately Gravel, and other prospects, we need to grow someone who can effectively partner with Doughty. I also think that any trade of Bernier needs to be aimed to defensive help.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Yep.. Hell, we can even compare to the guy to Greene. He's a third pairing guy and average at best. I want to see more from him than to say this was a terrible signing.
Veteran leadership, third pairing, and tough as ****. Dean might have overpaid (I'll say it when we get a larger sample size as the team him played on the majority of the season was crap), but the market was lean and EVERYONE has overpaid and will continue to do so during the offseason. Dean is calculated, VERY calculated. I won't throw him under the bus over a depth move.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
No, you just need to grow up and realize that players are going to have poor games.
The implies that Robyn 'Jack Johnson 2.0' Regehr has ever had a good game in a Kings uni

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Veteran leadership, third pairing, and tough as ****. Dean might have overpaid (I'll say it when we get a larger sample size as the team him played on the majority of the season was crap), but the market was lean and EVERYONE has overpaid and will continue to do so during the offseason. Dean is calculated, VERY calculated. I won't throw him under the bus over a depth move.
Not to mention he's very well spoken and I'm sure Dean loves that.

Yeah, he's had a bad game or two.. he's going to be far from perfect. But, as long as the good out weighs the bad, I'm fine with him. He's at the bottom of my worry list.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:17 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzinga View Post
The implies that Robyn 'Jack Johnson 2.0' Regehr has ever had a good game in a Kings uni
Have you seen our GDT where most of our regular posters went ga-ga over this guy? I agree that RR isn't the player he used to be, but I still think he's a solid dman.

I also thought that RR was injured during this series was he not?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:22 AM
KingLB

RR is almost identical to Greene...but RR plays real mins and Greene doesn't...

KingLB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

Quote:
Not to mention he's very well spoken and I'm sure Dean loves that.

Yeah, he's had a bad game or two.. he's going to be far from perfect. But, as long as the good out weighs the bad, I'm fine with him. He's at the bottom of my worry list.
The equivalent of blaming King and Nolan when Kopitar and Brown are nonexistent. A lot of Regehr's contributions we'll never see.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Shellz

Quote:
The equivalent of blaming King and Nolan when Kopitar and Brown are nonexistent.
Yep. I never understood that..but, what can you do.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:27 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Yep. I never understood that..but, what can you do.
Utilize the nice don't have to see certain poster feature....

Makes reading this message board much better.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Utilize the nice don't have to see certain poster feature....

Makes reading this message board much better.
It would just be a one woman thread then.

Old
06-07-2013, 03:49 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
With the uncertainty of Mitchell and Scuderi still remaining unsigned, let's be realistic, the Kings' best option was Regehr. Yes, he's terrible with the puck on his stick, but is there really anyone out there who could fill the same role as Mitchell? No, nobody like that was available at the deadline and nobody like that will be available this summer in free agency.

I hope Mitchell pulls through and miraculously heals up, but the way we all have to approach it is the same as how the organization is approaching it, as if he's no longer an option. We can't sit and dwell on Mitchell's loss or indefinite return. It would be like hanging our hopes on the returns of Allison and Deadmarsh, and we know how that turned out!

Regehr has a lot to adjust to and I think he'll eventually get used to playing with Doughty. Tonight was downright his worst performance as a King, but he's also helped bail out his partner at times as well. Regehr really is the least of the Kings concerns heading into next season.

Some time off to recuperate and time to prepare for an 82-game season will hopefully work wonders for many disappointing individuals on the Kings' roster. Until then, calm down, breathe, realize that the core of this team is still young, they're locked up and will be here for the long haul. They'll have plenty of opportunities to contend for a Stanley Cup.
Like Willie Mitchell? Nope, but don't act like Jay Bouwmeester isn't a far, far better defenseman than Regher. In fact, Bouwmeester was head and shoulders the best d-man that St. Louis iced against us in Round 1. That includes HF's favorite young d-man Alex Pietrangelo.

Bouwmeester was the d-man that Lombardi should have acquired, period.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 06:33 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Like Willie Mitchell? Nope, but don't act like Jay Bouwmeester isn't a far, far better defenseman than Regher. In fact, Bouwmeester was head and shoulders the best d-man that St. Louis iced against us in Round 1. That includes HF's favorite young d-man Alex Pietrangelo.

I am agree with you 100%.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 06:38 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:

Except for...you know....his cap hit? $6.68M next year and we need to re-sign Slava. Regehr was a bad pickup for way too high of a price but JayBo would have cost more and been a nightmare cap wise, unless Calgary was willing to eat part of his cap hit. And doing that would have probably made us pay more.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 07:04 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Except for...you know....his cap hit? $6.68M next year and we need to re-sign Slava. Regehr was a bad pickup for way too high of a price but JayBo would have cost more and been a nightmare cap wise, unless Calgary was willing to eat part of his cap hit. And doing that would have probably made us pay more.
Really. Almost $7 million. You can't have two defensemen with $7 million cap hits, unless you're not spending too much money anywhere else.

It wasn't a great deadline in terms of guys to get. Every team is going to have a hole here and/or there. It's the teams that overcome whatever deficiency they have that win.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Fat Elvis

Still don't like the signing/trade, he's done nothing really to change my mind. But, like others have said, there wasn't a whole lot out there. I kind of liken it to being really hungry and you go out and get some food, an hour later you with you had ordered something else.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:

And how would the Kings make room for him? Let Voynov go or risk getting offer sheeted? The numbers don't work with Bouwmeester. And he's not exactly a physical player either.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:05 PM
damacles1156

I want to see what he looks like after a full off season+ training camp.

The Kings staff will shore up some weaknesses, he was playing in the pond hockey East for a bit.

I am sure he picked up some bad habits.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

So, we're worried about re-signing Scuderi, but we're also comfortable adding $6,680,000 to our roster in JB? Not even. And then there's this...

Old
06-07-2013, 12:26 PM
deeshamrock

Maybe RR didn't have enough time to adjust coming from the EC to a new team and system. Maybe he does need a full training camp with more time to work at that. DL didn't have a lot of options w/o total overpayment. He got the guy who best fit what type of player they needed back there. And maybe signing him to the 2 year deal was insurance if they can't sign Scuds or maybe it makes him easier to trade if a buyout candidate appears that is a better option.

He seems to be trying to do his best, and most of the rest of the team, has struggled.
Or maybe he's hurt too...

Quote:
Couldn't disagree more. And I was relieved when Homer didn't overpay to get him. He's not worth anywhere close to that salary and not at the expense of what the Kings would have to give up to afford him. St Louis now has too many D and not a quality top center. THey should have made a deal for a forward at the deadline, not 2 more D on a team that was already stacked. Lack of top 6 scoring cost them last year and this year. JayBo didn't get them any further and they're stuck with his salary with Pie and Shattenkurk to sign this year .

Quote:
Exactly!

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Johnny Utah

Man, Regehr was awful last night.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
So, we're worried about re-signing Scuderi, but we're also comfortable adding $6,680,000 to our roster in JB? Not even. And then there's this...

WOW....that is putting it out there. I liked Peca as a player, but man that took stones making that statement. This is why they need to bring in fresh ex-players that have insight on current players. You don't see many guys putting something like that out there these days on camera.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

J-Bo would have been a perfect partner for Doughty for the next x years, just impossible to fit him under the cap though. Would probably have had to ship out Richards to accomodate for him

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote