HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2013, 09:37 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
I almost want to watch Game of Thrones just because of how badly my Twitter feed blew up after the last episode.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
I almost want to watch Game of Thrones just because of how badly my Twitter feed blew up after the last episode.
It's definitely worthwhile.

Great show and, yeah, Sunday's episode may have been the craziest thing I've seen on a TV show.

Old
06-05-2013, 12:02 AM
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Congrats. I had heard Costco is a really good employer. I would have considered staying there for the other perks and benefits if the pay wasn't that much different.
I definitely agree. $12.75 at Costco and $21 at CHEP, $22 with the graveyard shift premium I'll be getting though. I couldn't turn it down.

Costco has been great to me so far, and if this didn't come up, I'd have been happy to stay.

Old
06-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
I literally have no interest in the show whatsoever (and I'm a big HBO guy), but after this past weekend and hearing people go on about it to no end, on the radio, at work, on TV, in the newspaper even! I decided I'm going to have to see it. I watched season 1 and it was okay.

Old
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Here's a neat GIF of R.A. Dickey's hit/RBI from yesterday.

Slick.

Old
06-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Beauty play there.

Old
06-06-2013, 11:18 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Pretty sad day. Death of console gaming, and people trying to brush off these NSA leaks...

Someone call Orwell.

Old
06-07-2013, 09:31 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

Slick.
So he's a hitter not a pitcher. Makes sense.

Old
06-07-2013, 09:33 AM
joestevens29

Not a major fan of the NBA more casual then anything, but how the hell does a coach of the year get fired?

Also anyone else see all the hype with the Raptors and think it will be the same old Toronto ending?

Old
06-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Lacaar

Quote:
Pretty sad day. Death of console gaming, and people trying to brush off these NSA leaks...

Someone call Orwell.
What? Console gaming died?

I didn't get the memo. What happend?

Old
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
#Oilers2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
What? Console gaming died?

I didn't get the memo. What happend?
Xbox 1 is completely screwing over the consumers to please developers. Should the PS4 do the same thing (which they're expected to), console gaming has died.

Old
06-07-2013, 01:16 PM
The Big Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Not a major fan of the NBA more casual then anything, but how the hell does a coach of the year get fired?

Also anyone else see all the hype with the Raptors and think it will be the same old Toronto ending?
I think it's because they never got past the first round the majority of his time there. But if he's getting coach of the year honors and just squeaking into the playoffs it seems to me the guy that should be losing his job is the GM for not giving him a good group of players to turn into a championship team. Clearly he has the skill.

Old
06-07-2013, 01:21 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties View Post
Xbox 1 is completely screwing over the consumers to please developers. Should the PS4 do the same thing (which they're expected to), console gaming has died.
Is this the whole you can't play games on more than one console? Something that apparently already happens for computers?

Old
06-07-2013, 01:50 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Main problem is daily authentication requirements. They have to validate your licenses every 24 hours or your machine is a paperweight. That jumps to every hour if you're accessing your library through a tertiary machine.

So if the internet happens to **** up at a venue like Evo, or if Microsoft's auth servers happen to go down, all video games are canceled.

That combined with barely any sharing capabilities sounds like pretty much the end of the fighting game community, at least.

Old
06-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

Slick.
Man he made that look so easy. So fluid.

Old
06-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post

The Denver ownership group is super cheap when it comes to paying their management guys. they let the GM of the year and COY walk away because of money.

As for the Xbox One controversey, I can't imagine they would torpedo their own sales like this unless Sony was planning on something similar with the PS4. The gaming industry is looking to kill used games and I hope it bites them in the ass. People will just buy less games.

Old
06-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Connor McOilers
We suck.

So I started working on a game used Oiler stick coffee table today. Cut the legs out of a small tree from my backyard (that had to be cut down to avoid roots growing in to the foundation, calm down tree huggers) and began cleaning up the wood to make it nice and smooth for staining and finishing.

So far I have just 4 sticks (Gags, PRV, Dubnyk, and Smid) and I'll need more in order to use them as the tabletop surface but in the mean time I'll be building the frame and getting it all set so that when I do get enough sticks I can just cut them to length and lay them on. I'm in a pretty lucky position, my sister works security at flames game outside the visitors locker room so whenever the Oilers come to town she grabs me any broken sticks they leave behind. I could've had Belanger and Fistric sticks as well but I dumped them off on my brother because I'm trying to stick to players I really like. Come to think of it i might grab the Fistric one back if we re-sign him, but he can keep the Belanger for his stick bench he''s making out of players from any team.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:42 AM
metallicat

Damn, John Berry died. He was recently doing some work on the TEAM I believe.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:46 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Damn, John Berry died. He was recently doing some work on the TEAM I believe.
I just read that on lowetide's twitter. Sad news.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:37 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

If anybody's interested, I'm working on a set of Oilers wallpapers. Link to the thread.

06-10-2013, 09:16 PM
40oz

Apparently the Canadian Soccer Association has suspended Quebec Soccer Federation over it's ban of players with turbans...
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle12466473/

I may be a bit late in hearing about this, but what the actual ****? Can someone explain to me how in anyway a turban could be considered dangerous on a soccer field?

Old
06-10-2013, 11:35 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Not sure if anybody else here has been on the E3 streams all day, but I'm pretty sure Sony is about to be arrested for assault.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:44 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
#Oilers2015

Quote:
Not sure if anybody else here has been on the E3 streams all day, but I'm pretty sure Sony is about to be arrested for assault.
Xbox fanboy converted. WOW was that absolute annihilation.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Draekke

Puppy Breeders in Edmonton/Surrounding Area

Hey everyone. Very OT, obviously, and if it needs to be moved to the OT thread, I understand...just hoping to get some good responses if anyone knows anything about this.

I'm looking for some help/info from fellow dog enthusiasts for my girlfriend who is searching for reputable, responsible good dog breeders to purchase a puppy from. She is looking for small to medium puppy breeds, preferably blackhaired dogs as well. She is very specific for what she is looking for, hence the reputable breeders, as she has been reading up on the important questions to ask breeders before purchasing.

The breeds that she's been most interested in are: Havanese, Morky (Maltese/Yorkie), Maltipoo (Maltese/Poodle), Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel/Poodle), Yorki Crosses, as examples. Any similar breeds are of interest still, however.

The most important information she is looking for is guaranteed health of the puppies, and the genetics of the puppies, so as to minimize the chances of health problems. She is also not interested in breeders who don't take good care of the puppies (and she has already been to one place in particular that was dirty, and the puppies were kept together in a very small kennel).

Any info would be great. My apologies to mods if this is in the wrong area.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Lawgirl

We got our Maltese/Poodle at Puppy Tales in Sherwood Park. It's a small operation and they are bred by the owner and her family. They are out on an acreage in Ardrossan, I believe, and the puppies are well cared for.

We got ours 5 years ago so I'm not 100% sure if they are still breeding. The owner is really knowledgeable and might be able to steer you elsewhere if they aren't breeding anymore.

Hope that helps!

Closed Thread