HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2013, 04:37 PM
  #126
OOEEL
Registered User
 
OOEEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I wonder what the thinking is with Ruuttu. It would be a shame to reach with a 2nd round pick on a player and never even sign them to an ELC.
Throwing this in here and the draft thread since it's relevant.


From Chris at the Maine Hockey Journal(@Chris_MHJ)
Quote:
#Coyotes 2011 draft picks Andrew Fritsch and Alexandre Ruuttu will re-enter the @NHL draft. #Pirates #NHL #AHL
Thanks a lot Keith

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:01 AM
  #127
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Russian press is reporting that 23 years old russian defender Max Goncharov (123-rd pick in 2007 draft) is leaving for KHL team CSKA Moscow after his ELC with Phoenix has come to an end. He spent all of his 3 ELC seasons in AHL.

Caser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 09:17 AM
  #128
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Russian press is reporting that 23 years old russian defender Max Goncharov (123-rd pick in 2007 draft) is leaving for KHL team CSKA Moscow after his ELC with Phoenix has come to an end. He spent all of his 3 ELC seasons in AHL.
No surprise. He just wasn't good enough to make our Top 6 and in his 3 years in Phoenix dropped significantly down our depth chart.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:50 PM
  #129
muckbin15
parros16
 
muckbin15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 133
dont know if this is the right place but the coyotes are getting a gem to training camp

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/...lopment-camp/1

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
  #130
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
dont know if this is the right place but the coyotes are getting a gem to training camp

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/...lopment-camp/1
Would you care to give us a little information about Currie? I have never seen him play and the only thing I have to go on is stat line, and it doesn't look very good IMO. He only cracked 50 points once and it was in his overage season. His first two seasons in the 'Q' look terrible. Late bloomer?

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:36 PM
  #131
muckbin15
parros16
 
muckbin15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
Would you care to give us a little information about Currie? I have never seen him play and the only thing I have to go on is stat line, and it doesn't look very good IMO. He only cracked 50 points once and it was in his overage season. His first two seasons in the 'Q' look terrible. Late bloomer?
Late Bloomer for sure, did have 30 goals in the season before his big overage campaign though. All while playing on a very subpar team.
Real hardworking, gritty guy who can play in any role and not be a liability on the ice. one of the smoothest skaters around which is odd because he is a forward. Won't get beat on effort and also loves the pressure situations and being the go to guy.

Really expecting him to at least land an AHL job sooner than later. Was signed to play ECHL before his Overage year but chose to remain in PEI because of the effects of the lockout.

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:58 PM
  #132
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
Would you care to give us a little information about Currie? I have never seen him play and the only thing I have to go on is stat line, and it doesn't look very good IMO. He only cracked 50 points once and it was in his overage season. His first two seasons in the 'Q' look terrible. Late bloomer?
Read the linked article - he was 3rd in the league w over a hundred points in his. OA year.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:03 PM
  #133
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Read the linked article - he was 3rd in the league w over a hundred points in his. OA year.
I read the link. An overager putting up over 100 points after being average to below average, point wise, the rest of his junior career is nothing to brag about. Maybe you should re-read my post. I acknowledged his over age year.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:01 AM
  #134
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
I read the link. An overager putting up over 100 points after being average to below average, point wise, the rest of his junior career is nothing to brag about. Maybe you should re-read my post. I acknowledged his over age year.
My bad - the wording threw me off track. A huge improvement in the OA year is far from commonplace and the improvement was big-time. Certainly worth the invite in any event.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
  #135
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Praising Arizona: Zac Larraza

In this interview I did with him, Larraza talks about Denver Hockey, the firing of Coach Gwozdecky, the threat of a Coyotes relocation, and more:

http://thehockeywriters.com/praising...-local-impact/

Enjoy Yotes fans!

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
  #136
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
I really like this prospect.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:11 AM
  #137
muckbin15
parros16
 
muckbin15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 133
do you guys have a rookie camp thread?

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 10:41 AM
  #138
Sceva Sct
on the edge
 
Sceva Sct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: limbo
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
do you guys have a rookie camp thread?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1461333

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:14 PM
  #139
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,560
vCash: 500
Prospect Potential

All, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on our prospects and the relative fit in with the big club. I don't want their 'max' potential, but realistically where you think they will fit in. For example, it is more likely that Lessio is going to be a 3rd line guy than a 1st or 2nd line guy.

1&2 Line: Domi, Samuelsson, Dauphin
3&4 Line: Brown, Lessio, LaPlante
AHL Call up: Martinook, Rieder

Def Top 2: Gormley
Def Top 4: Murphy
Def Bottom 2: Summers
AHL Call up: Clifton, Hache, Melindy, Tikkinen, Holland

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
  #140
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,238
vCash: 500
I'm going to be a little radical here

I think Murphy and Samuelsson have the highest (maximum) ceilings out of the entire group. They've got the physical talent to be stars. Will they end up there? Probably not. But both turned heads at camp, Murphy especially.

I think Domi and Dauphin have the highest realistically attainable ceilings in the organization. Both ooze skill with the puck. We could be shell-shocked by this after years of drafting plugs, but I'm excited about both.

Safest NHL career bet is Gormley. I'm not sure where he is going to end up, and I don't think you can call him a lock to be a top 2. There was a time when OEL wasn't even that. They may as well just throw him in the deep end this year and see if he sinks or swims. Another year in the AHL would just be a total waste.

Wildcard is Lessio. I know hbk was pretty high on him, and he impressed in camp. Sounds like he will have a legit shot to earn a roster spot.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
  #141
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
I really like Lessio. I think he is another Lucic, with better hands and less physicality. I'm starting to look at Murphy a little more. He was at one point my least favorite prospect, but I've seen video and the dude looks to have some serious talent. Physical and mobile, that's what you want in a first round defensive draft pick.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:20 PM
  #142
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I'm starting to look at Murphy a little more. He was at one point my least favorite prospect, but I've seen video and the dude looks to have some serious talent. Physical and mobile, that's what you want in a first round defensive draft pick.
If the guy could stay healthy I'd like him a lot more than Rundblad. He impressed me at the WJC...then a week later he was done for the season again. Then I go back to thinking that it was a wasted draft pick. Another thought I had while watching him play was the entire tournament I kept wondering what was so special about Seth Jones. Good defenseman? Yes. But "top rated prospect"? I didn't see it.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:25 PM
  #143
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
If the guy could stay healthy I'd like him a lot more than Rundblad. He impressed me at the WJC...then a week later he was done for the season again. Then I go back to thinking that it was a wasted draft pick. Another thought I had while watching him play was the entire tournament I kept wondering what was so special about Seth Jones. Good defenseman? Yes. But "top rated prospect"? I didn't see it.
Jones stands out significantly to me. So strong on the puck, great skater, and his hockey IQ is off the charts. I think he'll be better than Suter.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:04 PM
  #144
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I'm going to be a little radical here

I think Murphy and Samuelsson have the highest (maximum) ceilings out of the entire group. They've got the physical talent to be stars. Will they end up there? Probably not. But both turned heads at camp, Murphy especially.

I think Domi and Dauphin have the highest realistically attainable ceilings in the organization. Both ooze skill with the puck. We could be shell-shocked by this after years of drafting plugs, but I'm excited about both.

Safest NHL career bet is Gormley. I'm not sure where he is going to end up, and I don't think you can call him a lock to be a top 2. There was a time when OEL wasn't even that. They may as well just throw him in the deep end this year and see if he sinks or swims. Another year in the AHL would just be a total waste.

Wildcard is Lessio. I know hbk was pretty high on him, and he impressed in camp. Sounds like he will have a legit shot to earn a roster spot.
Lessio plays in top 6. Strong on puck and super fast skating. Decent size as well. Needs to just get accustomed to speed of pro game. Instead of having 2 seconds to make a play he will have 1.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 06:05 AM
  #145
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,411
vCash: 500
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...x-coyotes.html

A review of Phoenix's OHL prospects (season review and future outlook).

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:55 AM
  #146
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,679
vCash: 500
Thanks Brock! Great read. I spend more time on your blog than any other on the Internet.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:50 AM
  #147
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Do others here agree that an over-age year in the OHL could be good for Murphy?

I hadn't considered it before, but it's not a bad idea.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 10:57 PM
  #148
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,679
vCash: 500
It's what I want.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 01:34 PM
  #149
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Thanks Brock! Great read. I spend more time on your blog than any other on the Internet.
Thanks! Appreciate the kind words.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 01:53 PM
  #150
Gwyddbwyll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,530
vCash: 500
I think there's an argument for accelerating Murphy's development.

Like it or not, he's always going to be on the fragile side, he is never going to be a hockey ironman. So I'm dubious whether the OHL slog is the best thing, getting banged up, constantly playing games and on the road. College hockey would have been a lot more suitable. Murphy isnt going to be like most prospects or other prospects. He's going to play a certain number of games but at a high level. He has the talent to overcome these obstacles so I wouldnt be against having him in the AHL but not playing every game.

Gwyddbwyll is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.