HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

German Players in CHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2013, 01:20 AM
  #201
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Junior

PosNameTeamLeagueSeasonGPGAPPIM+/-DOB
DKonrad AbeltshauserHalifax MooseheadsQMJHLRegular Season577475422+361992-09-02
  Halifax MooseheadsQMJHLPlayoffs177132012+181992-09-02
  Halifax MooseheadsMemorial CupPlayoffs42352+21992-09-02
C/WLeon DraisaitlPrince Albert RaidersWHLRegular Season6321365722+231995-10-27
  Prince Albert RaidersWHLPlayoffs40440-41995-10-27
  Germany U18U18 WJC 51674+21995-10-27
CDominik KahunSudbury WolvesOHLRegular Season58132740801995-07-02
  Sudbury WolvesOHLPlayoffs91564-21995-07-02
  Germany U18U18 WJC 53474+41995-07-02
C/WNickolas LattaSarnia StingOHLRegular Season5817143151-171993-10-05
  Sarnia StingOHLPlayoffs43032-31993-10-05
FLukas LaubIndiana IceUSHLRegular Season234482-41994-05-29
RWTobias RiederKitchener RangersOHLRegular Season5227295612+91993-01-10
  Kitchener RangersOHLPlayoffs9210124+21993-01-10
LWFrederik TiffelsMuskegon LumberjacksUSHLRegular Season503222510+131995-05-20
  Muskegon LumberjacksUSHLPlayoffs3101001995-05-20
RWSebastian UviraPlymouth WhalersOHLRegular Season267142131+141993-01-26
  Oshawa GeneralsOHLRegular Season2333617+11993-01-26
  TotalOHLRegular Season4910172748+151993-01-26
  Plymouth WhalersOHLPlayoffs1535825+121993-01-26

PosNameTeamLeagueSeasonGPMinutesGAAPct.WLOTLDOB
GMarvin CüpperShawinigan CataractesQMJHLRegular Season522887:203.72.896133141994-02-16
GMathias NiederbergerBarrie ColtsOHLRegular Season563128:112.34.933351231992-11-26
  Barrie ColtsOHLPlayoffs221313:192.60.92815601992-11-26
GJan ObernesserSioux Falls StampedeUSHLRegular Season13647:043.52.8627301992-12-03



Pro

PosNameTeamLeagueSeasonGPGAPPIM+/-DOB
DKorbinian HolzerToronto Maple LeafsNHLRegular Season2221328-121988-02-16
  Toronto MarliesAHLRegular Season451101134+141988-02-16
  Toronto MarliesAHLPlayoffs801124-41988-02-16
DJustin KruegerCharlotte CheckersAHLRegular Season691141531-21986-10-06
  Charlotte CheckersAHLPlayoffs50220-31986-10-06
  Team GermanyWC 4000001986-10-06
WTom KühnhacklW/B-Scranton PenguinsAHLRegular Season112246+31992-02-21
  Wheeling NailersECHLRegular Season21012+21992-02-21
LWMarcel NoebelsAdirondack PhantomsAHLRegular Season42131023201992-03-14
  Trenton TitansECHLRegular Season3111193014-71992-03-14
  Team GermanyWC 3000001992-03-14

PosNameTeamLeagueSeasonGPMinutesGAAPct.WLOTLDOB
GPhilipp GrubauerWashington CapitalsNHLRegular Season283:583.57.9150101991-11-25
  Hershey BearsAHLRegular Season281623:462.25.91915831991-11-25
  Hershey BearsAHLPlayoffs5300:443.79.9012301991-11-25
  Reading RoyalsECHLRegular Season261542:292.29.91219511991-11-25



Notes:
  • Konrad Abeltshauser and the Halifax Mooseheads have one the Memorial Cup by defeating the Portland Winterhawks 6-4 in the Final on Sunday. Konrad hat 2 goals and 1 assist and was -2. He managed to be on the ice for every one of the goals against.
    The last German player to win the Memorial Cup was Philip Grubauer in 2010 with the Windsor Spitfire team featuring Taylor Hall.

Playoff Standings
LeagueTeam 1vs.Team 2Game 1Game 2Game 3Game 4Game 5Game 6Game 7Series
QMJHLHalifax Mooseheads (1)vs.Saint John Sea Dogs (16)11-12-16-16-1   4-0
WHLRed Deer Rebels (4)vs.Prince Albert Raiders (5)3-03-23-13-2   4-0
OHLBrampton Battalion (4)vs.Sudbury Wolves (5)4-14-51-34-5 OT0-1 OT  1-4
OHLBarrie Colts (2)vs.Kingston Frontenacs (7)3-17-44-28-2   4-0
OHLKitchener Rangers (4)vs.Guelph Storm (5)5-22-02-32-14-2  4-1
OHLPlymouth Whalers (2)vs.Sarnia Sting (7)11-23-25-25-2   4-0
AHLProvidence Bruins (1)vs.Hershey Bears (8)2-54-5 OT5-15-43-2  3-2
AHLToronto Marlies (2)vs.Rochester Americans (7)6-32-03-2 OT    3-0
AHLCharlotte Checkers (4)vs.Oklahoma City Barons (5)4-3 OT2-56-11-82-6  2-3

LeagueTeam 1vs.Team 2Game 1Game 2Game 3Game 4Game 5Game 6Game 7Series
QMJHLHalifax Mooseheads (1)vs.Gatineau Olympiques (13)7-05-04-25-3   4-0
OHLBelleville Bulls (1)vs.Sudbury Wolves (5)6-34-14-05-0   4-0
OHLBarrie Colts (2)vs.Oshawa Generals (3)4-3 OT4-14-04-2   4-0
OHLLondon Knights (1)vs.Kitchener Rangers (4)4-12-02-64-3 OT4-1  4-1
OHLPlymouth Whalers (2)vs.Owen Sound Attack (3)4-11-36-33-45-03-1 4-2
USHLDubuque Fighting Saints (1)vs.Muskegon Lumberjacks (4)4-14-33-2 OT    3-0
AHLToronto Marlies (2)vs.Grand Rapids Griffins (3)0-74-24-51-44-13-4 2-

LeagueTeam 1vs.Team 2Game 1Game 2Game 3Game 4Game 5Game 6Game 7Series
QMJHLHalifax Mooseheads (1)vs.Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (8)6-45-4 OT3-2 OT9-6   4-0
OHLBelleville Bulls (1)vs.Barrie Colts (2)3-20-54-5 OT3-4 OT3-13-11-33-4
OHLLondon Knights (1)vs.Plymouth Whalers (2)2-13-4 OT26-46-45-4 OT  4-1

LeagueTeam 1vs.Team 2Game 1Game 2Game 3Game 4Game 5Game 6Game 7Series
QMJHLHalifax Mooseheads (1)vs.Baie-Comeau Drakkar (2)4-04-31-37-45-1  4-1
OHLLondon Knights (1)vs.Barrie Colts (2)2-44-13-64-66-45-4 OT3-24-3

Memorial Cup
EventStageTeam 1vs.Team 2Result
Memorial CupRound RobinLondon Knightsvs.Saskatoon Blades3-2
Memorial CupRound RobinHalifax Mooseheadsvs.Portland Winterhawks7-4
Memorial CupRound RobinHalifax Mooseheadsvs.Saskatoon Blades2-5
Memorial CupRound RobinPortland Winterhawksvs.London Knights6-3
Memorial CupRound RobinHalifax Mooseheadsvs.London Knights9-2
Memorial CupRound RobinSaskatoon Bladesvs.Portland Winterhawks2-4
Memorial CupPlayoffLondon Knightsvs.Saskatoon Blades6-1
Memorial CupSemi FinalPortland Winterhawksvs.London Knights2-1
Memorial CupFinalHalifax Mooseheadsvs.Portland Winterhawks6-4


Last edited by Maverick41: 05-27-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:57 AM
  #202
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
4 German players were selected in the USHL Entry Draft this year

10th Round - #149 - Parker Tuomie - Sioux Falls Stampede
11th Round - #164 - Janik Möser - Sioux Falls Stampede
12th Round - #168 - Marcel Kurth - Des Moines Buccaneers
13th Round - #183 - Tim Bender - Des Moines Buccaneers

I will start a new thread for the upcoming season this weekend.
It will be similar to what I have done this year with a few changes here and there.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 05:30 PM
  #203
Lauro
Teeder
 
Lauro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Berlin
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
A quick question for anyone following this thread.

Should I continue this for next season, and if so, should I just keep this thread going or start a new one?
I am back at hfboards after two years and today our german prospects came to my mind and this thread was gold, thx a lot.

Lauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 01:39 AM
  #204
TheHoff
Registered User
 
TheHoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
4 German players were selected in the USHL Entry Draft this year

10th Round - #149 - Parker Tuomie - Sioux Falls Stampede
11th Round - #164 - Janik Möser - Sioux Falls Stampede
12th Round - #168 - Marcel Kurth - Des Moines Buccaneers
13th Round - #183 - Tim Bender - Des Moines Buccaneers

I will start a new thread for the upcoming season this weekend.
It will be similar to what I have done this year with a few changes here and there.
I have said it a couple of times already, but thanks for keeping us updated. You're saving us a lot of time with your work.

I thought that Tuomie maybe will be picked a bit higher. Couldn't he become a pretty interesting prospect? I thought that he's certainly the best player of the ones that were picked this year and the german picks were picked very close together for some reason. How good is he and why are german prospects getting drafted so low? Because it's not that realistic that they all join the USHL?

TheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 03:46 AM
  #205
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauro View Post
I am back at hfboards after two years and today our german prospects came to my mind and this thread was gold, thx a lot.
No problem, I love doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
I have said it a couple of times already, but thanks for keeping us updated. You're saving us a lot of time with your work.

I thought that Tuomie maybe will be picked a bit higher. Couldn't he become a pretty interesting prospect? I thought that he's certainly the best player of the ones that were picked this year and the german picks were picked very close together for some reason. How good is he and why are german prospects getting drafted so low? Because it's not that realistic that they all join the USHL?
Tuomie was also a #5 pick in the NAHL, and he might play in the NAHL instead of the USHL this year, although I thought he would surely play in the USHL.

Also, for the discussion of the upcoming season it might be best to use the new thread. Just in case anyone missed it, because it's not stickied.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 05:14 PM
  #206
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 500
Sorry if this was asked already but I would be interested in knowing where all these German CHLers of the era 2005- ended up. Did playing CHL hockey improve their chances to become a pro hockey player or did their careers get a setback from it? Thanks for any answer!

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 05:00 AM
  #207
Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Who exactly are you referring to?
Do you mean the players drafted from 2005 till today, or the ones who played major junior in 2005?

I guess you mean the former, so I'll try and take a look

2005:
-Felix Schütz did just fine. Seeing where he was before he left and what he accomplished afterwards, it definately was the right move. Turning into a solid scorer in both DEL and AHL right after leaving the QMJHL.

2006:
-Stefan Langwieder played just one junior season. Had a few years as a bottom-pairing defenseman in the DEL and is now in the DEL2. Don't think the year abroad had much influence on his career.

2007:
-Timo Pielmeier had a few unspectacular years in the ECHL/AHL, was rookie of the year in the 2.Bundesliga last season and should be backup in the DEL this year.
-Denis Reul has played as a defensive defenseman for Mannheim for a few years now. I think the two years overseas helped him a bit, but there isn't much that can be done about his weaknesses
-Gerrit Fauser had one solid and one below average season in the QMJHL and moved between DEL and 2.Bundesliga for the next three years before having his breakout season with Hanover last year
-Simon Fischhaber jumped from the DNL to OHL, playing two seasons as a 4th liner there, and since then has been a 4th liner in the DEL with no particular development of his offensive skills
-Maximilian Brandl had two solid years in the 2.Bundesliga before moving over for a bit more than a year. Couldn't quite cut it in the DEL afterwards and has been back at Landshut for three years now. Doesn't seem to have improved much lately.

2008:
-Jerome Flaake never moved over, but has developed exceptionally well in the last two years.
-Toni Ritter had a good first half year in the QMJHL and a pretty bad second season. Has been a 4th liner in the DEL with hardly any offense ever since
-Philipp Grubauer, did very well in the ECHL and AHL and may be on a path to the NHL
-Maximilian Englbrecht never moved over, has been part-time backup in the DEL, playing mostly Oberliga. Should be starter for Hanover this season.

Not sure if I should continue. Everyone beyond that year is still 21 or younger, which is a bit early to judge their future career path, or is playing in the AHL.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 06:34 AM
  #208
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Who exactly are you referring to?
Do you mean the players drafted from 2005 till today, or the ones who played major junior in 2005?

I guess you mean the former, so I'll try and take a look

2005:
-Felix Schütz did just fine. Seeing where he was before he left and what he accomplished afterwards, it definately was the right move. Turning into a solid scorer in both DEL and AHL right after leaving the QMJHL.

2006:
-Stefan Langwieder played just one junior season. Had a few years as a bottom-pairing defenseman in the DEL and is now in the DEL2. Don't think the year abroad had much influence on his career.

2007:
-Timo Pielmeier had a few unspectacular years in the ECHL/AHL, was rookie of the year in the 2.Bundesliga last season and should be backup in the DEL this year.
-Denis Reul has played as a defensive defenseman for Mannheim for a few years now. I think the two years overseas helped him a bit, but there isn't much that can be done about his weaknesses
-Gerrit Fauser had one solid and one below average season in the QMJHL and moved between DEL and 2.Bundesliga for the next three years before having his breakout season with Hanover last year
-Simon Fischhaber jumped from the DNL to OHL, playing two seasons as a 4th liner there, and since then has been a 4th liner in the DEL with no particular development of his offensive skills
-Maximilian Brandl had two solid years in the 2.Bundesliga before moving over for a bit more than a year. Couldn't quite cut it in the DEL afterwards and has been back at Landshut for three years now. Doesn't seem to have improved much lately.

2008:
-Jerome Flaake never moved over, but has developed exceptionally well in the last two years.
-Toni Ritter had a good first half year in the QMJHL and a pretty bad second season. Has been a 4th liner in the DEL with hardly any offense ever since
-Philipp Grubauer, did very well in the ECHL and AHL and may be on a path to the NHL
-Maximilian Englbrecht never moved over, has been part-time backup in the DEL, playing mostly Oberliga. Should be starter for Hanover this season.

Not sure if I should continue. Everyone beyond that year is still 21 or younger, which is a bit early to judge their future career path, or is playing in the AHL.
It looks like Ritter's development has picked up a bit lately. I have not seen enough games of him to say this with certainty but the few times I saw him towards the end of last season he was looking a bit better, and he reportedly played pretty well in the first exhibition game this season. That's not much to go on, but he might yet turn into a decent 2nd or 3rd liner in the DEL, which is not too bad.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:24 AM
  #209
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Who exactly are you referring to?
Do you mean the players drafted from 2005 till today, or the ones who played major junior in 2005?

I guess you mean the former, so I'll try and take a look

2005:
-Felix Schütz did just fine. Seeing where he was before he left and what he accomplished afterwards, it definately was the right move. Turning into a solid scorer in both DEL and AHL right after leaving the QMJHL.

2006:
-Stefan Langwieder played just one junior season. Had a few years as a bottom-pairing defenseman in the DEL and is now in the DEL2. Don't think the year abroad had much influence on his career.

2007:
-Timo Pielmeier had a few unspectacular years in the ECHL/AHL, was rookie of the year in the 2.Bundesliga last season and should be backup in the DEL this year.
-Denis Reul has played as a defensive defenseman for Mannheim for a few years now. I think the two years overseas helped him a bit, but there isn't much that can be done about his weaknesses
-Gerrit Fauser had one solid and one below average season in the QMJHL and moved between DEL and 2.Bundesliga for the next three years before having his breakout season with Hanover last year
-Simon Fischhaber jumped from the DNL to OHL, playing two seasons as a 4th liner there, and since then has been a 4th liner in the DEL with no particular development of his offensive skills
-Maximilian Brandl had two solid years in the 2.Bundesliga before moving over for a bit more than a year. Couldn't quite cut it in the DEL afterwards and has been back at Landshut for three years now. Doesn't seem to have improved much lately.

2008:
-Jerome Flaake never moved over, but has developed exceptionally well in the last two years.
-Toni Ritter had a good first half year in the QMJHL and a pretty bad second season. Has been a 4th liner in the DEL with hardly any offense ever since
-Philipp Grubauer, did very well in the ECHL and AHL and may be on a path to the NHL
-Maximilian Englbrecht never moved over, has been part-time backup in the DEL, playing mostly Oberliga. Should be starter for Hanover this season.

Not sure if I should continue. Everyone beyond that year is still 21 or younger, which is a bit early to judge their future career path, or is playing in the AHL.
Thanks for all the information.

Would it be a bit unfair to say success in the CHL had little influence on the later career of these German players? I mean it's still major junior hockey and playing against 16 or 17 year olds is a different thing than playing against 30 year old professional athletes who do this job for over a decade.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 08:40 AM
  #210
Tronador
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Berlin
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Still waiting for any confirmation of the German prospects for CHL, USHL and NAHL (except Gollenbeck). Any update to them? I just don't understand, why mostly all other draft prospects (Ehlers, the Swiss players, Swedish, Russian..) got contracts and their transfers has been confirmed. That is really strange..
So, at this point it is not really clear, which prospects finally will play in North America....

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 09:09 AM
  #211
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
Still waiting for any confirmation of the German prospects for CHL, USHL and NAHL (except Gollenbeck). Any update to them? I just don't understand, why mostly all other draft prospects (Ehlers, the Swiss players, Swedish, Russian..) got contracts and their transfers has been confirmed. That is really strange..
So, at this point it is not really clear, which prospects finally will play in North America....
No confirmation yet, but they seem to plan with Marco Sedlar in Charlottetown. I guess we won't get the final confirmation until after the teams training camps, when they announce their final rosters.
Maybe one of the guys gets cut and ends up playing another year in Germany.
I just think they won't give any official confirmation until after they made the final roster. To my knowledge they have all confirmed that they want to play in North America, and if they make their respective teams, they will.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 08:10 AM
  #212
Younghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Goalie

Any goalie in the NHL draft this Year?

Younghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 02:39 PM
  #213
KerbanHockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Maybe Kevin Reich, but I'm not quite sure.


Last edited by KerbanHockey: 03-04-2014 at 08:30 AM.
KerbanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.