HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leetch - Philadelphia Interested

Old
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
frozenrubber

vCash: 500
Leetch - Philadelphia Interested

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180293&hubname=

TSN is reporting (or the Philadelphia Inquirer) that the Flyers are interested in signing Brian Leetch as a replacement for Rathje.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Would'nt want to see Leetch comeback if it was to play for a division rival, rather see him go out now then wear one of those jerseys.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I hope I dont see him wearing a Philly jersey, it would just taint the Leetch legacy in my mind to go to a rival like that. Granted he doesnt "owe" the rangers crap after the way he left, but as a fan I want him to just retire and watch him number get raised to the rafters.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 03:44 PM
eco's bones

It wouldn't bother me to see Brian come back with someone other than the Devils, Flyers and Islanders. Even so he doesn't really owe us anything and has to make his mind up for himself. Probably not a lot of people out there looking at him. I'm not sure how much cap room Philly has either.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 04:56 PM
robertch

I really hope he doesn't sign with the flyers; can't stand that team.

robertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertch View Post
I really hope he doesn't sign with the flyers; can't stand that team.
Yeah i really hate them with a passion too, not as much as the Devils though.

I love Brian and i could never wish him to fail but if it was on either of the 4 division teams i would be forced to root against him which would suck.

It would be really tough seeing him in that jersey, but the Rangers (Glen could have did it nicer) did screw him over a bit (though it was the right move) so i wouldnt feel mad if he did sign with them or division rival.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 05:06 PM
E_Godard

According to an interview on XM today. He hasnt been training and is in no way ready to play hockey at this time.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
ANY team other than the Islanders or the Flyers, PLEASE! I'd even be able to handle the Devils above them (though it'd still kill me).

I'm one of those who thinks that he could still have a place back with the Rangers.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

It's nice that some of you would rather him retire than play for Philly. I'm sure he will read these posts and realize that he must retire now.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Theres been alot worse said about him on these message boards then people suggesting he retire. If he were to read this thread, I think he would undserstand the opinion of those who supported his career with the Rangers and understand why we think how we do. That being said, I doubt he reads these boards, but if he does I dont think he would be upset about whats being said in this thread.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:01 PM
polako

Granted, Rathje's a slug, but is Leetch really an upgrade defensively? Hey, why don't they give Ozo a look also?

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Theres been alot worse said about him on these message boards then people suggesting he retire. If he were to read this thread, I think he would undserstand the opinion of those who supported his career with the Rangers and understand why we think how we do. That being said, I doubt he reads these boards, but if he does I dont think he would be upset about whats being said in this thread.
It's not that he would be upset, but it's just funny how it sounds. "Flyers are interested? Sorry, I'd rather you just retire than play for them because I hate them." Maybe he needs the money, highly doubtful but you never know.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Synergy27

Considering how crushing it was to see the man in a Maple Leafs/Bruins uniform, I don't even want to think about how it would feel to see him wearing the colors of a division rival. Of the three hated rivals though (I don't hate the Penguins for any reason other than their draft history), for some reason seeing him on the Flyers would hurt the least.

Whatever happens I just want to see Brian end the career on his own terms in a situation in which he is happy.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN View Post
It's not that he would be upset, but it's just funny how it sounds. "Flyers are interested? Sorry, I'd rather you just retire than play for them because I hate them." Maybe he needs the money, highly doubtful but you never know.
He'd play because he wants to play, not because of the money.

I think the reaction of everyone in this thread is quite natural. I'm one of those who never wanted to see him dealt in the first place (though I like having Immonen, I'd still prefer never to have seen Leetch in another uniform).

If sports is a profession for the players, it's still an emotional thing for the fans and personally, it'd be gut-wrenching for me to watch my favourite player play for my one of my least favourite teams. Besides, orange wouldn't suit him.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 07:56 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I guess Brian will do what's best for him, but I must say that it would be hard for me to root for him in the orange and black. It's bad enough that my favorite player Forsberg is a Flyer.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
This just isn't right. I mean I know if he plays it's gonna be for an eastern team, but plz no Devils, Islanders, or Flyers.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I think Brian understands it as much as anyone, he did say when he initially became a UFA after the trade that he couldn't stomach going to play for the Isles, Devils or Flyers. However, now the situation is different. He's on the verge of retirement and if he wants to play another season he'll take what offer he can get.

I'm just not so sure he wants to play another season. As a Ranger fan I wish him all the best, he's been arguably the greatest blueshirt in my life time, and I'll always remember him dominating.

Still, if possible, I'd like not to have to see him in a Flyers jersey skating against the Rangers. It's a big difference from him playing for the Bruins.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
shoothepuck

Philly could use him on D, but I can't root for him as a Flyer

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I don't see Leetch being the answer in Philly.

10-09-2006, 10:38 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I don't care if Mike Richter and the rest of the 94 Cup team moved over to the Flyers the day after they won the Cup. I wouldn't root for them.

So I would NOT root for Leetch as a Flyer. I wouldn't care once he retired, but I'd want our boys to beat the living pulp out of him just as if he were another player on that team.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
this would be a swift kick in the nuts

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 12:13 AM
NYR2

Someone grab a knife and stick it in my heart if this happens.

NYR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 01:26 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Yet another reason I feel we should resign him...I know im in the minority...

Just out of curiousity, would u rather him as a Ranger, or a Flyer? I'm curious to see what the answer to this is...

Also, is it me, or has Philly been trying to get Leetch for like the last 10 years?

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Leetch weighs ice vs booth..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-387114c.html

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 09:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Can't have it both ways. You can't say, "there's no place for Leetch here" and then if when there is a mention of him moving to a division opponent say "oh, just retire instead."

I've said it before and I'll say it again — Brian Leetch can play on my team anyday of the week.