HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2013, 08:37 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Do you guys have any idea what does Pierre's gesture at 2:13 mean?

O'le?

Old
06-06-2013, 09:25 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If they do it right, a Malkin trade will fix their problems. He's basically a rebuild in a can. Though with his constant injury problems and postseason meltdowns, Crosby could be on the board as well.
Yea you could get a star fwd dman prospect and two firsts for him. I'm surprised the pens haven't done it yet to be honest

Old
06-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Bryz4shiz

Carter is playing some of his best hockey in years right now

Old
06-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea you could get a star fwd dman prospect and two firsts for him. I'm surprised the pens haven't done it yet to be honest
If there was ever a time to do it, it was when they still had Staal. Now's not the time.

Old
06-06-2013, 10:37 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Bob Cole has absolutely butchered everyone's name tonight. He was supposed to retire after the 2004 World Cup; why in the world is he still commentating? I try to tune him out (watching games on mute sucks), but I end up yelling at my tv when he gets names wrong... I can't help it.

06-06-2013, 10:47 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Bob Cole has absolutely butchered everyone's name tonight. He was supposed to retire after the 2004 World Cup; why in the world is he still commentating? I try to tune him out (watching games on mute sucks), but I end up yelling at my tv when he gets names wrong... I can't help it.

Whenever I think of Bob Cole, I think of this horrible breakdown of a Simmonds fight.

Old
06-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
I've been calling for his retirement since 1985. He absolutely stinks, and now he's senile too. Seabrook is amazing, though, since he's playing for both teams.

Old
06-06-2013, 10:57 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post

Whenever I think of Bob Cole, I think of this horrible breakdown of a Simmonds fight.
What? You don't think that was a draw? I'm sure very few of Simmonds' flurry of hard right fists did any long-term cognitive or structural damage, but the wild swings and almost-punches by Crabb had to have stunned Simmonds.

Old
06-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Sea Bass Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The beauty of it is that Jagr hooked Malkin on the GWG, but they could not call it having just let Crosby get away with taking a sleigh ride with Marchand as Rudolf....

Also nice to see the cheapshotter Orpik get creamed, then let his man score the OT goal.
It really wasn't even that bad of a hook, they were battling along the boards at center ice in 2OT and Jagr's stick crossed Malkin's body for a half-second. Not to mention Malkin took a blatant slash at Jagr after he lost the puck... just sayin.

If it led directly to a breakaway, i would understand Pitt being pissed more. But it didn't lead to anything spectacular... just a 2 on 2 (with a Penguin coming into the mix on the backcheck, so really like a 2 on 2.5ish).

What WAS spectacular was Marchard making a perfect pass while he was well-covered, and Bergeron outmaneuvering Orpik -- who was right with him -- to put the puck home.

I understand the overall frustration at the lack consistent refereeing, but to for Pitt to expect that call to be handed to them away from home and in 2OT, when the refs were "letting them play" is being unreasonable.

Just my 2 cents from a Bruins fan . I'm getting a kick out of how many fans who otherwise hate the Bruins LOVING this series simply because of how much more they hate the entitled pansies that are the Penguins!!!

Old
06-06-2013, 11:36 PM
SolidSnakeUS

C'mon Kings!

Old
06-07-2013, 12:08 AM
LegionOfDoom91

I don't like the King's ability to come back in this one. They needed the sweep at home badly.

Horrible road team, Richards has still not practiced since the Bolland hit, & Penner might be getting a call from Shanny for an elbow to Bolland. That would be another tough blow to that top 6.

Chicago might wrap this up Saturday.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Flyerfan4life

Booooo Kings Booo...

win some games dammit.

Old
06-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Curufinwe

It would be great if both series wrapped up by Sunday and the Finals started on the 12th.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:15 AM
LegionOfDoom91

What's everybody's thoughts on this elbow by Penner last night? He's not facing any discipline for this. I'm a little surprised by it. It's the second elbow to the head (Bourque on Conacher) that went unpunished by Shanny this playoffs.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

What's everybody's thoughts on this elbow by Penner last night? He's not facing any discipline for this. I'm a little surprised by it. It's the second elbow to the head (Bourque on Conacher) that went unpunished by Shanny this playoffs.
I am not all about throwing the hammer down but I just wish he'd be consistent. If you're gonna try to eliminate headshots, eliminate them in any form they come in!

06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I don't much care for LA and consider Chicago the lesser of two evils but DO NOT understand why LA played such a bad 3rd period in such a pivotal game?? Yeah Chicago tightened thing up but it seemed to me it was more LA not doing what they could do than Chicago neutralizing them....not sure..just my take.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:59 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I am not all about throwing the hammer down but I just wish he'd be consistent. If you're gonna try to eliminate headshots, eliminate them in any form they come in!
Yeah I'm not about suspending guys. I actually disagreed with the Gryba and Torres suspensions but I think this at least warrants a phone call or something. Shanny is consistent at making everyone have no clue what is suspension worthy or not.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:01 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
It would be great if both series wrapped up by Sunday and the Finals started on the 12th.
Yeah that's my thought as well. The playoffs have been great so far but I want the offseason to come now. As soon as the trade window opens it should be interesting.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:03 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I don't much care for LA and consider Chicago the lesser of two evils but DO NOT understand why LA played such a bad 3rd period in such a pivotal game?? Yeah Chicago tightened thing up but it seemed to me it was more LA not doing what they could do than Chicago neutralizing them....not sure..just my take.
Most of the Kings look tired and/or broken. Two tough, physical series for the Kings preceded the series against the Hawks. The Hawks had more in their collective tanks in the second half of the game; the Kings looked totally gassed by the tempo of the first 30 minutes.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:19 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:

payback for Bollands dirty elbow on Richards earlier in the series when Richards got concussed.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Most of the Kings look tired and/or broken. Two tough, physical series for the Kings preceded the series against the Hawks. The Hawks had more in their collective tanks in the second half of the game; the Kings looked totally gassed by the tempo of the first 30 minutes.
Yeah they definitely looked gassed. They couldn't win faceoffs, establish a forecheck...I mean they looked no bueno.

Old
06-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
payback for Bollands dirty elbow on Richards earlier in the series when Richards got concussed.
Bolland threw no elbow

Old
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Yeah I'm not about suspending guys. I actually disagreed with the Gryba and Torres suspensions but I think this at least warrants a phone call or something. Shanny is consistent at making everyone have no clue what is suspension worthy or not.
Gryba's was a joke, I can see people going crazy over Torres but I don't think it was bad, just a reputation call. Keith however I think deserved it. That's not a hockey play.

Old
06-07-2013, 02:25 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bolland threw no elbow
shoulder then. it was still a dirty headshot.

Old
06-07-2013, 03:27 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
shoulder then. it was still a dirty headshot.
I think the actual contact was with Bolland's back. Still looked like he targeted the head though.

Closed Thread