HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Sweden Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

vCash: 500
Also, never change jfc64

Old
06-05-2013, 10:28 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
And...the team no one thought of:

Sedin - Bäckström - Eriksson (injuries seldom happen in forums)
Steen - Söderberg - Silfverberg (rule in SEL)
Pääjärvi - Backlund - Berglund - Hagelin (could rule in Allsvenskan)
Pettersson - Larsson - Samuelsson (Ss better shooter than Lando and with more attitude, BAG says to himself)
Zetterberg (slump) - Weinhandl and Mårtensson are some kind of taxi squad, together with Ericsson (F) but plays no games. They join the parade however. Alfredsson is on vacation but is there in cognito, in his mind only. BAG is critized for us ALWAYS having to few defenders on the team. Why 9 when you can manage with six, BAG replies. Karlsson plays 37 minutes in the finals and is awarded a battery and sports refreshment commercial contract. He rather wants a contract for Cook(i)e's a North American journalist tells the Ottawan (biggest newspaper).

Gunnarsson - Karlsson (one cleaning lady and one maniac)
Hjalmarsson - Enström (ocl & om)
Öhlund - Kronwall S (Tampa won't let Hedman go, so they send a replacement, a court ruling in Moscow says)
Brodin (is better than OEL everyone says and has better stats in the autumn) - Ronnie Sundin (Edler (?) decides to go to Sotji the other way and ends up in a Mongolian prison after he faces the Staal brothers who, suspiciously found out about the whole thing and took the same flight to ULA from LAX (Los Angeles Airport) as well (dressed in women's burkhas), gets involved in a fight at the airport, knocks down the little brother and causes a hamstring on Eric, driving Reginald Donald Sherry to a heart attack home in Ontario, gets caught by the airport police as the last punch is coming towards the Hurricane and misses the whole show for two weeks, spends it on a Best Western Hotel with cable and room service, thereby serving his three games sentence (easiest time he ever did) but forces Ronnie out of retirement when he happen to be on the scene in Sotji and Tre Kronor just have to name a defender who is there in person and gets to play a few games from the quarter finals and on (Gunnarsson down with the flu and Enström agoraphobic (from the big ice) in the pool going 3 0+1 -1 with 2 penalty minutes and a total of ten minutes on the ice making Markström look like Enroth in WC in comparison. Causing Pudding (our equipment technician) to have to WRITE a name by hand on the back of a jersey for the first time. SUMDIM it spells, making Ronnie a big hero in the whole of east asia. The lifelong free meals that are promised by all restaurants in Kanton are split between Pudding and Ronnie. The Staal brothers? Lifelong suspensions from international hockey, a jury with one Kazakh and one Finn says. Another jury with an american and and a canadian rules against it later on when they found out the Staals never laid his hands on the Canuck. Don gets better, thank you, God.

Gustavsson
Markström
Ersberg
Dr Lund...(Manhattan shut down because of a virus, all the millionaires are gathered in the Trump tower, OCD (google it) hits King Henrik as n o bottle's of Head & Shoulders can be found.)
Enroth? No games at all in NHL. Buffalo GM's daughter is married to Yzerman's god son. And they get along well.

Mårts is fired in the autumn for bad results in Euro Fläng Hockey. Conny turns down an invitation, Wikegård is banned by the players, even the Angry Chef (bears no resemblance with the Swedish Chef in the Muppet Show, maybe with Wikegård (carrot)) is a candidate, but BAG (stands for laisse faire) happily accepts winning his second olympic gold. Pettersson replicates his Globen penalty shot in the semi (Crawford reads him an pulls a Salo) but becomes nervous and hits the bar. He instantly becomes a gay icon for showing his emotions in front of the Eurovision Song Contest audience who fills out the expensive seats. Minus becomes plus as the books are summed up). Loui nets one against Russia in the finals. No one else does. Ovechkin stumbles in front of Gustavsson in the last minute and makes Putin scream out as the only one. TV-stations catch him saying something about invading Gotland causing an international squibble and estate prices in Slite (remember Lycos?) to rise. All is coming to an end when the victims of the plane crash are remembered at the price ceremony. Switzerland brings home the bronze. Roetlichberger and Reit Im Winkl become national heroes. Canada wins the WC later in spring. Jared Staal (no. 4 or 5 (or even six) in the hierarchy) is on the team but play no games. Khungs-Trey-gar-den.
I'm speechless. Hard to believe there is a person in the world whose brain actually works like this. How did you think of all this? Amazing.

Old
06-06-2013, 07:17 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
The defense question is driving me a bit nuts. Can't figure out who to pick. One guy who I'm really on the fence with is Ericsson. Him and Kronwall are Detroit's first pairing. Surely it's a great advantage to have such an established duo as one of the pairings in a short tournament. Big crease clearer and PK:er as well and we can't have a team of PP guys.. but who to leave off? Arghh.. But, balance should be prioritized over name recognition for sure.

Whoever they choose as the defensive group, I'm sure there will be a meltdown on here amongst us Swedes..
Driving me nuts, too. (see above)

He could make it real easy for himself though, Mårts:

Hjalmarsson - Enström
Karlsson - Hedman
Kronwall - Kronwall
OEL - (Edler)

But I'm sure Hampus Lindholm or Brodin's gonna mess it all up. Or Mårts will fall for club pairings: Oduya and Ericsson. Injury probably will sort things out.

Old
06-06-2013, 07:18 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Also, never change jfc64
I won't

Old
06-07-2013, 01:35 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I'm speechless. Hard to believe there is a person in the world whose brain actually works like this. How did you think of all this? Amazing.

Swedish Sherlock Holmes.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:14 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Swedish Sherlock Holmes.
The Staal brothers are one inch taller!

Old
06-11-2013, 03:49 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
A possible reduction of Edler's suspension while be dealt with by IHHF after the 18 June. Swedish hockey and Edler's agent Mark Stowe are involved and might attend a possible hearing in Swiss (perhaps Edler too will be there if Stowe think that is needed).

Source

A reduction might be likely as one of the major factors with the suspension was an assumed major injury, which wasn't the case.

Old
06-14-2013, 04:25 AM
Hockeyfrilla

OS-träff

MÅLVAKTER
Jhonas Enroth
Viktor Fasth
Robin Lehner
Henrik Lundqvist

BACKAR
Jonas Brodin
Alexander Edler
Oliver Ekman Larsson
Jonathan Ericsson
Nicklas Grossman
Erik Gustafsson
Victor Hedman
Niklas Hjalmarsson
Erik Karlsson
Niklas Kronwall
Douglas Murray
Johnny Oduya
Henrik Tallinder

FORWARDS
Patrik Berglund
Nicklas Bäckström
Jimmie Ericsson
Loui Eriksson
Johan Franzén
Carl Hagelin
Patric Hörnqvist
Marcus Johansson
Marcus Krüger
Gabriel Landeskog
Oscar Lindberg
Joel Lundqvist
Gustav Nyquist
Niklas Persson
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Alexander Steen
Henrik Zetterberg

Old
06-14-2013, 04:25 AM
Huffman

Persson, j.Lundqvist, J.Ericsson and Lindberg do not belong there. Give me Silfverberg and Stålberg instead, and where is Enstrom? maybe they couldn't make it there for some reason.

Last edited by Huffman: 06-14-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Enström??

About enström: – Vi känner att det redan finns tillräckligt med representanter av hans speltyp i den här truppen. Så, nej, just nu är han inte aktuell,

– Efter den 20 september kan man inte anmäla fler spelare så vi kommer att se till att det finns fler spelare med på en "long list" som vi skickar till Svenska olympiska kommittén, säger Tommy Boustedt.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 06-14-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 04:54 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post

About enström: – Vi känner att det redan finns tillräckligt med representanter av hans speltyp i den här truppen. Så, nej, just nu är han inte aktuell,
A bit of a punishment for not showing up at the worlds one might think too...

No-one is written off completely though.

Old
06-14-2013, 04:56 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
Persson, j.Lundqvist, J.Ericsson and Lindberg do not belong there. Give me Silfverberg and Stålberg instead, and where is Enstrom? maybe they couldn't make it there for some reason.
Persson wasnt good even in this years worlds, how the hell could he be even considered for the Olympics. *Facepalm*

Old
06-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Persson wasnt good even in this years worlds, how the hell could he be even considered for the Olympics. *Facepalm*
Probably promised a spot already

Staffan Kronwall not being there is a surprise for me, thought Mårts was a big fan of his.

Old
06-14-2013, 05:22 AM
Ferros

Quote:
Persson haven't been good in Tre Kronor for what? 4-5 years now? He pretty much had one good WC and that was five years ago.

He should be a hard working player but he just thinks that he is so much better than he really is which makes him pretty much worthless because he never puts in the effort that a player with his limits needs to do to become a useful asset for the national team. There are plenty of SEL players I would rather have before him for the Olympics.

I'm also surprised that Staffan Kronwall doesn't get any recognition for his good play in the national team. I actually hope that he will get a shot at the Olympics, he has deserved it after a few years of really good hockey for Tre Kronor. He is pretty much the opposite of Niklas Persson, he actually becomes a better player once he puts on the national team jersey.

Old
06-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Ola

Wow, a shocking selection by Mårts.

1 of 13 D's is right shooting.

If Erik Karlsson is injured, we will not have a single right shooting D on the team.

1 of 18 forwards is right shooting (Hörnqvist).

In other words we do not have one single right shooting forward experienced at playing the point on the Power Play. Hörnqvist seems to be 50/50 to make the team at best and he can't play the point no matter what. All our playmakers are left shooting and its essential for them to play with at least one right shooting forward and D each.

It seems perfectly possible that we end up with a team in the Olympics without one single right shooting player.

Worst possible roster Mårts could pick.

Old
06-14-2013, 06:32 AM
Uno Bench
Swedish citizen

Quote:
A bit of a punishment for not showing up at the worlds one might think too...

No-one is written off completely though.
Jaa, Mårts is punishing Silverberg, Alfredsson, Zibanejad for contributing to their teams playoff-run instead of coming to the WC?! Strange way of thinking, if so. Why Silverberg isnt there is over my head, Sweden needs goal scorers and snipers at elite level, everyone agrees on that. Its always the same, the problem of scoring goalsdespite loads of chances and puck possesion, yet Silverberg dont fit in, I dont get it?

Old
06-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno Bench View Post
Jaa, Mårts is punishing Silverberg, Alfredsson, Zibanejad for contributing to their teams playoff-run instead of coming to the WC?! Strange way of thinking, if so. Why Silverberg isnt there is over my head, Sweden needs goal scorers and snipers at elite level, everyone agrees on that. Its always the same, the problem of scoring goalsdespite loads of chances and puck possesion, yet Silverberg dont fit in, I dont get it?
Its stupid.

I wouldn't have Hörnqvist and Silverberg on the same team, but if Alfie is not an option, one of those two gotta play.

I mean this is going to be a best of best tournament 2013, you don't send a roster to a tournament like that, with left shooting playmaking centers like Z, Bäckström and Sedin, without one single left shooting forward.

Old
06-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Hockeyfrilla

As usual, they will submit a list with 50-60 names that have a "chance" to play in OG.

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 06-14-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 07:23 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Niklas Persson

Does he know a secret about Mårts or something?

Last edited by landskronala: 06-14-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old
06-14-2013, 08:01 AM
gretskidoo

It's such a shame that Mårts actually won something, so he can ruin the olympics..

Old
06-14-2013, 09:06 AM
weklof

Quote:

– Efter den 20 september kan man inte anmäla fler spelare så vi kommer att se till att det finns fler spelare med på en "long list" som vi skickar till Svenska olympiska kommittén, säger Tommy Boustedt.
Short translation for those that doesn't speak Swedish:

Regarding Enström: - We feel that we already have enough players with his style in this squad. So, no, currently he is not in consideration.

- After the 20th of September, we can not register any more players so we will make sure there are more player on the "long list" we send to the Swedish Olympic Committee, says Boustedt

Old
06-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Brodin invited to camp:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/211546201.html

Doubt he makes the team but I'm happy for him.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:21 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
Brodin invited to camp:

The D right now are a no brainer:

Hedman - Karlsson
Edler - OEL
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
Kronwall - Ericsson

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Zetterberg - Backstrom - Franzén
Hagelin - Berglund - Steen
Landeskog - Krüger - Hornqvist
Alfredsson, Pettersson

Lundqvist
Fasth
Lehner or Enroth

Last edited by landskronala: 06-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old
06-14-2013, 01:29 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
Brodin invited to camp:

If he plays 25 minutes a game next season it will be hard to keep him out especially if Enstrom is off the table.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:35 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

i have to imagine this is still a very much fluid situation, but still, the lack of silfverberg is shocking to me. Zibanejad i'm about 50/50 on if he's ready, especially as a center.

Alfredsson is obviously up in the air on whether he'll retire or not.

That enstrom quote is shocking to me.
Jacob Markstrom being left off is also pretty surprising.

i should mention that silfverberg shoots right, given that there is one RS F there.

as an Ottawa Swedators fan, i'm confused at the moment, but hopefully this 'snub' motivates silfverberg and zibanejad over the summer.