HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Predict the flames first trade this offseason

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2013, 10:55 AM
  #26
TherapyforGlencross
Regular HFer
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,650
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gagner View Post
We sure wouldn't.

22nd pick does have value in such a deep draft but with both Hemsky and Horcoff leaving we need roster players in return, not picks or prospects. And we're likely to take a goalie with one of out two 2nd rounders so Brossoit is of little interest anyways.
What about something like Stempniak + 22nd+ for the 7th and Horcoff?

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 11:19 AM
  #27
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
What about something like Stempniak + 22nd+ for the 7th and Horcoff?
The 7th Overall? Not sure that convinces them. Stempniak + 22nd isn't too inciting for a top 10 pick.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 11:26 AM
  #28
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 50
I honestly think we would have to ship both STL & PIT pick while taking back Horcoff to potentially entice the Oilers.


22nd
28th
Stempniak
Butler


7th overall
Horcoff

Even then, I doubt the Oilers make this move.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 11:31 AM
  #29
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1303
Oilers would never make that trade.

Edit: Either of the ones proposed in this thread. The Broissoit one is really bad.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 11:32 AM
  #30
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1303
IMO only way we get the Oilers pick is for Brodie or Gio.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 11:37 AM
  #31
Flames1217
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 283
vCash: 50
I predict our first move will be getting a second round pick, Feaster has always been adamant about gaining a pick in all rounds, so potentially Tanguay will be moved for that pick.

Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 11:55 AM
  #32
Nordberg
Registered User
 
Nordberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Landskrona
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
IMO only way we get the Oilers pick is for Brodie or Gio.
I'd probably do it for Giordano, but our management seems to be high on him as a leader for our team going forward. I don't really see it though.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
  #33
TherapyforGlencross
Regular HFer
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,650
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
The 7th Overall? Not sure that convinces them. Stempniak + 22nd isn't too inciting for a top 10 pick.

There's a +, I just didn't know what that + would be.

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:06 PM
  #34
BVicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 50
I would say Calgary can move up by taking bad contracts. NSH, COL, and Forida are cash strapped, and Tampa has cap issues.

From the 7-15 picks, teams have cap issues too.

I clearly believe we don't pick 22nd and 28-30th. Those will be used to move up or for younger immediate help.

Feaster is not afraid to make a splash. And knows our organization needs quality centers. No matter what we will make moves.

Give STL's pick back, plus, for the rights to berglund?

Several different scenarios for the flames, but we are def in a position of strength in this draft: 3 picks, cap space, and a GM who will make trades.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:17 PM
  #35
DBU
Bruinwagoner
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
I would say Calgary can move up by taking bad contracts. NSH, COL, and Forida are cash strapped, and Tampa has cap issues.

From the 7-15 picks, teams have cap issues too.

I clearly believe we don't pick 22nd and 28-30th. Those will be used to move up or for younger immediate help.

Feaster is not afraid to make a splash. And knows our organization needs quality centers. No matter what we will make moves.

Give STL's pick back, plus, for the rights to berglund?

Several different scenarios for the flames, but we are def in a position of strength in this draft: 3 picks, cap space, and a GM who will make trades.
Brb new pants

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:28 PM
  #36
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
I predict our first move will be getting a second round pick, Feaster has always been adamant about gaining a pick in all rounds, so potentially Tanguay will be moved for that pick.
Yeah I think he wants to grab a second rounder for sure, but I would hope we could get a little more for tanguay.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
  #37
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by First round bust View Post
Yeah I think he wants to grab a second rounder for sure, but I would hope we could get a little more for tanguay.
I think Tanguay will be the basis. Moving him to Colorado makes way too much sense and they have a high 2nd to offset the value difference.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:56 PM
  #38
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I think Tanguay will be the basis. Moving him to Colorado makes way too much sense and they have a high 2nd to offset the value difference.
Yeah that sounds fair I guess I'm just greedy, I would hope for a third or fourth with that. But as you said if we got that from Colorado that's a high second rounder.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 02:44 PM
  #39
Anglesmith
Moderator
Fancyman of Cornwood
 
Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,057
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by First round bust View Post
Yeah that sounds fair I guess I'm just greedy, I would hope for a third or fourth with that. But as you said if we got that from Colorado that's a high second rounder.
Last time we traded Tanguay along with a 5th, we got a late first. Quite a few years later, I think that the 32nd pick would be great return for a now much older and probably rapidly declining player.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 02:53 PM
  #40
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
I thought this would be a fun thread to see if anyone could actually get close, my guess:

Alex tanguay to Colorado for David jones + 2nd/3rd
I could see this happening. Colorado dumps 3yrs @ 4million + 2nd (32) for a producing LW.

Jones might just need a change of scenery. He's still young(ish) and a big body at 6'2 - 210lbs. We are also very weak at RW and he would easily fit out top-6.

CGY:
Jones
2nd - 32overall

COL:
Tanguay

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:05 PM
  #41
Flamesarmstrong22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,325
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=wally31;67161567]I could see this happening. Colorado dumps 3yrs @ 4million + 2nd (32) for a producing LW.

Jones might just need a change of scenery. He's still young(ish) and a big body at 6'2 - 210lbs. We are also very weak at RW and he would easily fit out top-6.

CGY:
Jones
2nd - 32overall

COL:
Tanguay[/QUOTE

Exactly what I was thinking

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:13 PM
  #42
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I could see this happening. Colorado dumps 3yrs @ 4million + 2nd (32) for a producing LW.

Jones might just need a change of scenery. He's still young(ish) and a big body at 6'2 - 210lbs. We are also very weak at RW and he would easily fit out top-6.

CGY:
Jones
2nd - 32overall


COL:
Tanguay
You mean Seth Jones right? :p

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:16 PM
  #43
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
You mean Seth Jones right? :p
Of course....

But in all seriousness, I really do think David Jones + 32nd overall for Tanguay is a workable trade for both teams.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:20 PM
  #44
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,748
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Of course....

But in all seriousness, I really do think David Jones + 32nd overall for Tanguay is a workable trade for both teams.
I don't like it. Tangs is a 50-70pt player on a very fair contract. Colorado can do better than that.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
  #45
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I don't like it. Tangs is a 50-70pt player on a very fair contract. Colorado can do better than that.
Given his advanced age I can see the length of the contract being a hindrance to trading him.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
  #46
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Given his advanced age I can see the length of the contract being a hindrance to trading him.
I still think he can be productive for his contract length, my only concern is that he plays soft so I'm not sure what the value would be for him.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
  #47
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,748
vCash: 67
He's 33 yrs old? He could easily play until he's 37

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:34 PM
  #48
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
He's 33 yrs old? He could easily play until he's 37
Oh I am sure he could, and I am not saying he wont still be a useful* player but given that he is signed until he is 36? That's a long term commitment for a team to make and at that age, he might only be a 30 point player.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:41 PM
  #49
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Oh I am sure he could, and I am not saying he wont still be a useful* player but given that he is signed until he is 36? That's a long term commitment for a team to make and at that age, he might only be a 30 point player.
I guess you never know as they get older, I think he will still put up points but he does cost his team a few goals here and there already so that could get worse.

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:51 PM
  #50
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I don't like it. Tangs is a 50-70pt player on a very fair contract. Colorado can do better than that.
I can do that too (selling the player),

David Jones is a young, big, 20 goal scoring RW who just had an off year... + 32 overall pick in a deep draft.

A few things come to mind when proposing this trade:
1. Tanguay / Feaster exit interview.
2. Tanguay's age
3. Feaster wants to make our team harder to play against. Tangs is a soft player.
4. We add a 2nd rounder (pretty much a late 1st)
5. Our weakest position, arguably, is RW. Jones could easily rebound after an off year and provide some much needed size and depth.
6. 70pts? He hasn't hit those kind of numbers since 2006/07

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.