HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darren Pang?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  #1
bmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Darren Pang?

Why is this tool on tv? Did you hear how he was praising Kompon? And always saying how they got a call wrong against the Kings. I really wanted to mute the feed.

bmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  #2
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,045
vCash: 500
I'll still take him over Engbomb.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:57 PM
  #3
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 21,843
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
Why is this tool on tv? Did you hear how he was praising Kompon? And always saying how they got a call wrong against the Kings. I really wanted to mute the feed.
It's not Kompon, it's "Kompon feel the Noise!"


Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:57 PM
  #4
ElKingsFan92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hollywood/Lakewood
Country: United States
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Does anybody else notice how he always has to reference the Blues at some point(usually at the beginning) of the broadcast?

ElKingsFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:06 PM
  #5
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKingsFan92 View Post
Does anybody else notice how he always has to reference the Blues at some point(usually at the beginning) of the broadcast?
One would expect him to be professional enough to quit referring to the team he's employed by. One would be wrong.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:06 PM
  #6
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,017
vCash: 500
Took a break between second and third periods last night, walked down aisle no. 18 and he stepped out of a door right in front of me. Small dude. I was walking behind him for a distance there and everyone was saying "Panger" and he was responding cordially. Nice guy.

__________________
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
  #7
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
i will take Pang any day over the windbag that is Pierre





Last edited by Whiskeypete: 06-07-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:11 PM
  #8
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I like Panger.

Dude is about 4'9" and has his "facts" wrong more often than not but whatever. He was a pretty good goalie for the Hawks for a little bit way back when.

Of course his bias is showing. He is a huge Hawk homer.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:15 PM
  #9
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I like Panger.

Dude is about 4'9" and has his "facts" wrong more often than not but whatever. He was a pretty good goalie for the Hawks for a little bit way back when.

Of course his bias is showing. He is a huge Hawk homer.
Was going to post this exact thing. He's a Hawks homer because he spent his entire pro career in their org. and he works for the Blues so he's always going on about them as well. Nice guy but just a huge homer.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
  #10
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
Listening to Pang was frustrating for me last night. I know he's probably a nice guy but **** him.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
  #11
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,724
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Of course his bias is showing. He is a huge Hawk homer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Was going to post this exact thing. He's a Hawks homer because he spent his entire pro career in their org. and he works for the Blues so he's always going on about them as well. Nice guy but just a huge homer.
Panger always bashes Hawks ,, Ever heard him call a Blues/Hawks game?

Not sure what you guys are hearing but Panger has been nothing more then a King homer/Hawks hater this series

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:31 PM
  #12
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Panger always bashes Hawks ,, Ever heard him call a Blues/Hawks game?

Not sure what you guys are hearing but Panger has been nothing more then a King homer/Hawks hater this series
No I just typically ignore him.

Maybe he is doing something right if we both think he is being a homer for the other team?

You can't bash Panger, your a Hawks fan and he was pretty big for you guys for a while. Just have to take him with a grain of salt.

A little grain of salt but a grain anyways.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
  #13
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,724
vCash: 400
Pang was a mediocre goalie for Hawks

He was so bad in 89 they were forced to put Waite and Belfour in net (Both rookies ,, Waite 19 yrs old and Belfour 23)

They then had to go acquire Alain Chevrier to save season (And he led Hawks on surprise run to Campbell Conf finals)

Panger spent 2 underwhelming years on Hawks ,, Hardly what I would call "Pretty Big'

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:58 PM
  #14
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,132
vCash: 500
I thought this thread was to talk about Pang replacing Ranford as the goaltending coach.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:03 PM
  #15
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Pang was a mediocre goalie for Hawks

He was so bad in 89 they were forced to put Waite and Belfour in net (Both rookies ,, Waite 19 yrs old and Belfour 23)

They then had to go acquire Alain Chevrier to save season (And he led Hawks on surprise run to Campbell Conf finals)

Panger spent 2 underwhelming years on Hawks ,, Hardly what I would call "Pretty Big'
I was making a size joke.

Chevrier, wow that name brings back memories. So in a way you can thank Panger for Eddie getting his start so early. You still owe him tribute.

BOW BEFORE PANGER HAWK FAN!

Or not, whatever.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
  #16
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,045
vCash: 500

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
  #17
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,132
vCash: 500
Barry Melrose on NBCSN would be great. What the **** is he still doing on ESPN?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:18 PM
  #18
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
Why is this tool on tv? Did you hear how he was praising Kompon? And always saying how they got a call wrong against the Kings. I really wanted to mute the feed.
Didn't he at one point say something like "Kompon is a brilliant tactician on the power play!" And then on the ensuring power play, Chicago tried the exact same play several times, from each side of the net, and was stopped each time. One of the other commentators even mentioned it, saying something like "They keep trying that same play, but it's not working."

I rolled my eyes at the first one, and laughed out loud at the second.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:28 PM
  #19
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Didn't he at one point say something like "Kompon is a brilliant tactician on the power play!" And then on the ensuring power play, Chicago tried the exact same play several times, from each side of the net, and was stopped each time. One of the other commentators even mentioned it, saying something like "They keep trying that same play, but it's not working."

I rolled my eyes at the first one, and laughed out loud at the second.
YES!

Trademark Panger.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:30 PM
  #20
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Barry Melrose on NBCSN would be great. What the **** is he still doing on ESPN?
ESPN pays quite well to keep him from going elsewhere. He is on NHL network from time to time.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:31 PM
  #21
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,657
vCash: 500
Holy Jumping there is a thread about everything.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:41 PM
  #22
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,865
vCash: 500
he highlights everything that could be considered penalty worthy against the Kings and makes every excuse as to why the Hawks should not get penalties. Sad because he's good at what he does.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 06:00 PM
  #23
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon
 
kingsboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
He doesn't provide much insight and I just find that he talks too much. It really gets annoying after a while.

kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 06:00 PM
  #24
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,943
vCash: 500
I actually like his enthusiasm and quirkyness even though he gets facts wrong from time to time. Engblom is full blown retard and Pierre Maguire loves to talk about **** nobody cares about and give verbal HJ's to his pet players. I'll take Panger over that anyday.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 06:09 PM
  #25
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I actually like his enthusiasm and quirkyness even though he gets facts wrong from time to time. Engblom is full blown retard and Pierre Maguire loves to talk about **** nobody cares about and give verbal HJ's to his pet players. I'll take Panger over that anyday.
I busted up and spit my drink all over my self!!!

THANKS!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.