HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa

Old
06-07-2013, 03:47 PM
MBauer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
No, and that's the point. They didn't get overpaid and neither will Leddy, that's part of the reason why Chicago's "cap hell" is overblown everyone thinks Leddy is gone get 4-5+ even though guys better than him (Subban/MDZ) didn't get much.
Ha, I'm stupid, ya I get what he was saying now.

I don't know why anyone would think Leddy would get 4+, I see him getting around 2. My guess is Chicago will be ok with letting Handzus and Stalberg walk, they will for sure want to retain Bickell and RFA's like Leddy and Kreuger. Bickell will be interesting, if he wants to get paid he could probably make a lot more somewhere other then Chicago.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Hawks will probably try to re-sign Bickell (Looks bleak at this point)

Leddy/Kruger will be brought back at raises (I would peg Leddy at 2.5M and Kruger at 1.4M)

Morin/Smith/Pirri/Hayes ,, Some combo or trio of that group likely makes team

If they need more cap room then Boland is likely traded. He is shadow of his former self now and with Shaw's emergence at #3 C this year the Hawks can afford to dump him and his terrible cap hit

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Leddy/Kruger will be brought back at raises (I would peg Leddy at 2.5M and Kruger at 1.4M)

If they need more cap room then Boland is likely traded. He is shadow of his former self now and with Shaw's emergence at #3 C this year the Hawks can afford to dump him and his terrible cap hit
Not surprisingly given he is a Hawks mod, but this is what I expect to happen. Along with Stalberg leaves which isn't listed. I think Bolland is shipped this summer, will be interesting to see what his return is. The RFA deals are closer to what will actually happen.

Olesz and Montador are bought out. They keep Hossa and even if they were going to not buyout Montador and found some taker, I think they would still wait an additional year to buyout Hossa. They would find a way to finesse under the cap and re-evaluate the long-term notion of this the following summer. Also something to watch and make no mistake at two/thirds an extra year saves potentially millions of dollars, I know these owners are rich, but that is a part of what I think you are seeing when guys like Bryz are getting another year. Another front loaded year where you actually get play from these guys is important if you can figure out how to do it. That year also lowers the buyout, in some cases that could be worth 15 to 20 million in terms of the owners mind, he got some usage out of him and lowered his buyout.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

I'd welcome back Hossa.

But the Hawks aren't that stupid.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Yes.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
I'd welcome back Hossa.

But the Hawks aren't that stupid.
IMO the Hawks would've minimized their fall from grace had they not signed Hossa and kept two of Ladd, Byfuglien and/or Versteeg. He's unnecessary based on how their team is built, but he's playing great this postseason.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Detroit Sports*
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H

Holland loves retreads I'd say this has a 80% chance of happening if he is bought out.

Detroit Sports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
Holland loves retreads I'd say this has a 80% chance of happening if he is bought out.
As far as Wing retreads go, this isn't bringing back J-Will or Todd "a shell of his former self" Bertuzzi for another kick at the can, but instead a legitimately great player. I'll take this retread with no second thoughts.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Henkka

Hossa will not be bought out. It just does not make sense. I could bet big money of this.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 05:47 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Dont see why they would buy out their best forward.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 06:49 PM
TheNextDaigle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Dont see why they would buy out their best forward.
Are they buying out Toews as well?!? Awesome!

TheNextDaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:01 PM
joe89

If Hossa gets bought out he'll be a lucky man. Big buyout money and still in age+form to get another juicy deal with a contender.

His contract is tradable in my opinion anyway.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:58 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

My question to you would be, who exactly wants Bolland and his terrible cap hit? I'm not seeing anyone who'd dump assets for him. I think you're stuck with him

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
My question to you would be, who exactly wants Bolland and his terrible cap hit? I'm not seeing anyone who'd dump assets for him. I think you're stuck with him
Dave Bolland is a really good 3rd line center that can play on the 2nd if needed. Plenty of teams would want him.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:09 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Dave Bolland is a really good 3rd line center that can play on the 2nd if needed. Plenty of teams would want him.
Give me names.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:50 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Agree, he will have some market not spectacular, but if they want to move him they will be able to.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:26 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Not really, that was shown this year for the Hawks. Bolland had one awesome playoff against the Sedins and got paid/overhyped for that performance. He is not, nor ever was, that player game in - game out.

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
I don't think anyone is trading for Bolland unless they really needed salary to hit the floor. And I think he'll get bought out anyway after the year to free up some cap space. I'd stil pass on him.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:51 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I don't think anyone is trading for Bolland unless they really needed salary to hit the floor. And I think he'll get bought out anyway after the year to free up some cap space. I'd stil pass on him.
They already have to buyout Olesz and Montador. So they are going to have to dump Bolland, cannot buy him out. Part of why the buyout Hossa ideas seem interesting. I guess they could but they already have their tailor made buyouts in Chicago.

Old
06-13-2013, 04:46 AM
CertainAffinity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
IMO the Hawks would've minimized their fall from grace had they not signed Hossa and kept two of Ladd, Byfuglien and/or Versteeg. He's unnecessary based on how their team is built, but he's playing great this postseason.
I'd say 'fall from grace' is a tad melodramatic given they're back in the SCF 3 years after winning the cup.

And given how Hossa has played over the last few years, I can't really say it's a no-brainer to take two of those three over him. He's too good/useful.

In any case, it doesn't really matter cause I can't see the Hawks buying him out. He's playing like a man five years his junior, and will likely play at a high level for several more years, which would take him to within.....what, three years of his contract expiring (2019, right?). After that, they'll probably put him on LTIR a la Pronger. He gets his money, no cap hit, no cap penalty.

CertainAffinity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:28 AM
crashman

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainAffinity View Post
I'd say 'fall from grace' is a tad melodramatic given they're back in the SCF 3 years after winning the cup.

And given how Hossa has played over the last few years, I can't really say it's a no-brainer to take two of those three over him. He's too good/useful.

In any case, it doesn't really matter cause I can't see the Hawks buying him out. He's playing like a man five years his junior, and will likely play at a high level for several more years, which would take him to within.....what, three years of his contract expiring (2019, right?). After that, they'll probably put him on LTIR a la Pronger. He gets his money, no cap hit, no cap penalty.
This guy found the loophole! Looks we can just put Franzen and Zetterberg on LTIR when they get older, even if they're not injured...perfect.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:50 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 0
Quote:
Give me names.
Carolina, Tampa, Isles, Caps from East could all use him, more or less.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainAffinity View Post

I'll never dispute the fact that Hossa is a great player, I just think in the Hawks situation with already having Toews, Kane and Sharp that they would be better off with a combination of Ladd, Byfuglien and/or Versteeg than having one Hossa. He can be a game breaker and few are faster or better without the puck, but with the makeup of their team, I felt like the other way was better. Obviously two finals in the past few years it doesn't matter.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 06:03 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Carolina, Tampa, Isles, Caps from East could all use him, more or less.
Carolina and Tampa have Cap issues. Isles aren't going to trade squat. Caps already have an abundance of centers.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
They already have to buyout Olesz and Montador. So they are going to have to dump Bolland, cannot buy him out. Part of why the buyout Hossa ideas seem interesting. I guess they could but they already have their tailor made buyouts in Chicago.
Oh yeah, forgot about those 2. They'll be getting pennies on the dollar for Bolland in any kind of deal. I don't care enough to check capgeek, but I'm sure any/all teams struggling to hit the cap floor next season will be hearing from the Hawks soon.