HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2013, 10:11 PM
  #726
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Leafs fans will act like us after the B's cup... :"We almost beat them, short by one goal!".
Yes. We did that before ending up 28th in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
they are perfectly build for playoff as long as the NHL call two different type of games, regular season and playoff should be reffed the same, but if they continue this way, then we need to build like the Bruins, Kings.
But we all know that the PO will always be like that.
There was a trend toward skills during the years where Detroit, Pens and Chicago won.
But in the last three years, we are going toward another direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You know what will happen. We will all cry because Rask didn't ask as much as he should have....And Horton production will be replaced by within or anybody who will gladly sign with Boston at the UFA market or through a trade as Chiarelli is always able to pull it off. Wouldn't Boston be an interested market for UFAs?

But even if Rask ask for the moon...he's totally worth it. Chiarelli will work around it. Like some people say, we do panic a lot for nothing as far as the Cap is concern but especially because of 1 reason...when the guy is worth it...there are no reasons to panic. And Rask is worth it.

**** you Leafs. You ****ing farm team of the Bruins. Oh and **** you Sens for choosing Redden. I hate those 2 teams so much. Great part is that both Redden and Chara are going to the Stanley Cup....
Rask signed for one year.
So either it was Bruins decision or Rask decided to sign for one year.

I would be surprised to see Rask sign under 6M.
But who knows.

25get is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:12 PM
  #727
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Hey! For the people from the "Enforcer" thread: Toughness and intimidation don't make you win hockey games...said no one ever.


Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:15 PM
  #728
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Hey! For the people from the "Enforcer" thread: Toughness and intimidation don't make you win hockey games...said no one ever.

would be really curious to know wich of the B's goon intimidated the Pens ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #729
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
FWIW, I don't care about emulating the bruins. I want to win, that's all. We've beaten them on the scoreboard while being polar opposites. You need a good team, period. There isn't any specific formula.
I beileve there is. A GREAT goalie is needed. A really thick defense also. And some clutch scoring. And obviously, the greatest mix possible. Bruins have them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
next season Seguin, Lucic and Marchand will make WAY more (and their cap hit will be higher obviously), Rask is due for a big raise, they're losing Horton probably...

doesnt take much for a team to drop...


I mean, Pens are a Hal Gill and a Rob Scuderi from having a good enough D corp to be cup winners again... same could very well happen with the Bruins.
Their defense loses Ference and they won't even see the difference. Losing Horton...well yes. They will have to work around that. Soderberg will probably come in and has his share of goals. Or maybe even Caron wakes up and does it.

No matter how much their salaries raises, in the end next year, Boston has still 6 M$ available and their lineup is almost done. 11 forwards, 6 d-men. Will probably see Daugavins sign back or have 2 rookies filling their forwards position and Bartkowski as their #7. Will have to re-sign Khudobin as their backup. Or could even not care and get Svedberg as their backup.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #730
Habs_Apostle
Registered User
 
Habs_Apostle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Ridiculously impressive series from Boston. Iginla must be like WTF was I thinking?

Julien deserves a lot of credit. He's building up quite the resume. And to think we had him. And to think Boston fans have wanted to get rid of him so many times.

Definitely Dark Ages for Habs' fans. Seeing your most hated rival being so successful while your team's future seems so uncertain, well **** me sideways. I guess this is how Toronto and Boston fans must have felt during the Habs' glory years.

It will be interesting to see what the Hawks can do but Boston really looks like they are in the zone right now.

Habs_Apostle is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #731
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Whitesnake;67184251]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
It's not Karma. It's character. You make your own "karma". You make your own luck. You make your own greatness. Again, still waiting for your answer as to when are we going to be paid back with all the beating the Bruins gave us? Are you actually waiting till it happens to THEN proclaim that this was the karma for something that happened 5 years before?
I don't think you understand what "karma" is. It's not about luck. The beating the Bruins gave us? Getting beat on the scoreboard or because our players can't fight?

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:19 PM
  #732
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
would be really curious to know wich of the B's goon intimidated the Pens ?
its a traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:20 PM
  #733
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I beileve there is. A GREAT goalie is needed. A really thick defense also. And some clutch scoring. And obviously, the greatest mix possible. Bruins have them all.



Their defense loses Ference and they won't even see the difference. Losing Horton...well yes. They will have to work around that. Soderberg will probably come in and has his share of goals. Or maybe even Caron wakes up and does it.

No matter how much their salaries raises, in the end next year, Boston has still 6 M$ available and their lineup is almost done. 11 forwards, 6 d-men. Will probably see Daugavins sign back or have 2 rookies filling their forwards position and Bartkowski as their #7. Will have to re-sign Khudobin as their backup. Or could even not care and get Svedberg as their backup.
Horton plays on their 1st line in case you didnt know... besides what you're saying "if everything goes right" they'll lose a few players and remain the same... reality rarely works that way.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:21 PM
  #734
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,842
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I beileve there is. A GREAT goalie is needed. A really thick defense also. And some clutch scoring. And obviously, the greatest mix possible. Bruins have them all.
When Leighton brought Philly to finals, he was great?

I mean, sure. You need a good team. If you have superstar forwards but no balance, it's not a good team. You can't only have a good goalie or a good D or just good forwards. So saying you need depth and talent in all areas is a no brainer but size, toughness, etc... aren't necessarily attributes for success.

Chicago isn't built like Boston, neither is Pittsburgh, hell neither is LA. Last 4 cup winners...

They have talent in every level but Quick=/=Vokoun for example but they are likely both #3-4 this year. No specific formula.

LyricalLyricist is online now  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:22 PM
  #735
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Once upon a time...a great basketball player named Michael Jordan said: "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships."

The end.

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:24 PM
  #736
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
When Leighton brought Philly to finals, he was great?

I mean, sure. You need a good team. If you have superstar forwards but no balance, it's not a good team. You can't only have a good goalie or a good D or just good forwards. So saying you need depth and talent in all areas is a no brainer but size, toughness, etc... aren't necessarily attributes for success.

Chicago isn't built like Boston, neither is Pittsburgh, hell neither is LA. Last 4 cup winners...

They have talent in every level but Quick=/=Vokoun for example but they are likely both #3-4 this year. No specific formula.
You need great, timely goaltending. And if you don't get it, you better have a team that can overcompensate for that. Philly could not once they ran into Chicago.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:26 PM
  #737
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I don't think you understand what "karma" is. It's not about luck. The beating the Bruins gave us? Getting beat on the scoreboard or because our players can't fight?
Don,t worry, I know what it means. But when you want to see something only when it pleases you, that's why I don't believe in it. So McQuaid gets hit by Cooke, no penalty, McQuaid scores = karma. But Chara hurt Pacioretty, no penalty, Chara wins Cup = ?????. We lead 2-0 against Canes, Williams hurt Koivu in the eye, no penalty to Willliams, Canes win cup = ????? And so on....

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:32 PM
  #738
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don,t worry, I know what it means. But when you want to see something only when it pleases you, that's why I don't believe in it. So McQuaid gets hit by Cooke, no penalty, McQuaid scores = karma. But Chara hurt Pacioretty, no penalty, Chara wins Cup = ?????. We lead 2-0 against Canes, Williams hurt Koivu in the eye, no penalty to Willliams, Canes win cup = ????? And so on....
There has been no karma with Chara because Pacioretty is the one who pushed him two months before he got destroyed.
Well, the Canes in 06-07 didn't even made the playoffs. KARMA AGAIN!

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:32 PM
  #739
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
When Leighton brought Philly to finals, he was great?

I mean, sure. You need a good team. If you have superstar forwards but no balance, it's not a good team. You can't only have a good goalie or a good D or just good forwards. So saying you need depth and talent in all areas is a no brainer but size, toughness, etc... aren't necessarily attributes for success.

Chicago isn't built like Boston, neither is Pittsburgh, hell neither is LA. Last 4 cup winners...

They have talent in every level but Quick=/=Vokoun for example but they are likely both #3-4 this year. No specific formula.
But then you are using the ONLY example of a bad goalie that got his team in the finals. When use the exception to proove that it's the rule? It isn't. Why do you say that Chicago isn't build like Boston or LA? We might think that Crawford isn't that special...he probably isn't still a good goalie. And then you have Rask and Quick 2 great goalies. All 3 teams have good offense, solid D's and a lineup filled with grit and size. How are they are not comparable? Of course, you can say that Chicago has more natural talent up front? And it's obviously impossible to have 4 identical lineup but the idea is there. The day that as a Habs we will be able to score the ugly goals and be able to play a grit game in the playoffs, we will be a better team. The only team you can say that isn't exactly build like those teams are the Wings. But then, they still have a GREAT goalie....but their pure natural abilities is being lead by 2 of the greatest players in this era. So using the Wings....that's where it makes no sense. As to be able to play like that, you need superstars. Yet, they still have a great mix of guys.

Going back to Leighton, we need to start making the difference between a GREAT goalie and PLAYING like a great goalie. What Leighton did at one point. Though we were not that opportunistic, that's for sure.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:33 PM
  #740
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
There has been no karma with Chara because Pacioretty is the one who pushed him two months before he got destroyed.
Well, the Canes in 06-07 didn't even made the playoffs. KARMA AGAIN!
In fact, the Hurricanes were one awful team to watch two years after they won the Stanley Cup. I think it's in 2009 they won against Boston in the 2nd round. Oh baby, what a great game 7. Feels like yesterday.

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
  #741
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
There has been no karma with Chara because Pacioretty is the one who pushed him two months before he got destroyed.
Well, the Canes in 06-07 didn't even made the playoffs. KARMA AGAIN!
See...this is what we're talking about. When we choose when to apply it, this is why it makes no sense. In the end, we were penalized for it big time. And Canes won a cup. So what do you choose? 1 Cup and 1 no playoffs? Or 1 1st round and 1 no playoffs during the same period?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:46 PM
  #742
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,093
vCash: 50
Bruins are built for the clutch and grab hockey, Penguins offense couldn't handle it.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:47 PM
  #743
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
I have to be honest there....I keep semi-bashing Gainey for him almost losing Plekanec to the Rangers for Kovalev because he offered Pleks, Balej or Hossa to the Rags who finally chose Balej.

Well as much as I like Chiarelli, he almost did a very bad deal.....Iginla for Khohklachev AND Bartkowski? That would have seen really bad for Boston for the future. Some will say that even the Jagr deal is awful 'cause they lost their 1st rounder...but if you win a Cup or even go in the Finals...tougher to criticize.....

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:52 PM
  #744
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,842
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
You need great, timely goaltending. And if you don't get it, you better have a team that can overcompensate for that. Philly could not once they ran into Chicago.
You need a guy better than Leighton? Sure. Just proves you can compete in final without an elite G though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But then you are using the ONLY example of a bad goalie that got his team in the finals. When use the exception to proove that it's the rule? It isn't. Why do you say that Chicago isn't build like Boston or LA? We might think that Crawford isn't that special...he probably isn't still a good goalie. And then you have Rask and Quick 2 great goalies. All 3 teams have good offense, solid D's and a lineup filled with grit and size. How are they are not comparable? Of course, you can say that Chicago has more natural talent up front? And it's obviously impossible to have 4 identical lineup but the idea is there. The day that as a Habs we will be able to score the ugly goals and be able to play a grit game in the playoffs, we will be a better team. The only team you can say that isn't exactly build like those teams are the Wings. But then, they still have a GREAT goalie....but their pure natural abilities is being lead by 2 of the greatest players in this era. So using the Wings....that's where it makes no sense. As to be able to play like that, you need superstars. Yet, they still have a great mix of guys.

Going back to Leighton, we need to start making the difference between a GREAT goalie and PLAYING like a great goalie. What Leighton did at one point. Though we were not that opportunistic, that's for sure.
Chicago isn't built like LA or Boston or Pittsburgh for different reasons. Is Pittsburgh(a recent cup winner) built like LA or Boston? Etc...

They have talent at every position. That's about it. I mean, there's some 'fundamentals'. Sure, they have two-way players and so on and so forth. I mean, that's a given necessity. Still, is Quick like MAF? LA is huge, Chicago is smaller in size. Pittsburgh has way more top end talent than the other 3 too. There's differences for sure.

Look, it's very simple to say "How are they not comparable?" as in they each have depth or quality players. Sure. Their style isn't the same and maybe not even the way they play the game though.

Essentially, why can't Price go on a hot streak too? Why can't Plekanec be our mike Richards comparable? Why can't Pacioretty by our Neal? Why can't Subban be our Doughty or Letang? You know what's missing, top end talent. It has nothing to do with physicality or thoughness. Sure, you need a certain balance but speaking of this series alone guys like Jagr and Crosby will go down as some as the best in history and they aren't physical, intimidating or whatever. They are talented, smart and both happen to have great leg strength and balance.

I just dislike the notion of forcing some kind of formula. Every year same ****. If you want to win you need to have top end talent. Next year, no no, you need to be big and physical. No no you need a young core to grow together. No no you need two-way players.

Yah sure, I'll take any of that. The idea is to make the montreal canadiens better every season. Not to force fit a certain identity. Certainly there's needs and holes and you don't just stockpile one type of player. I won't disagree with that but I don't find boston intimidating at all physically. So they have Chara and Lucic who can fight. Krejci, Marchand, Seguin, Jagr, Bergeron are tough guys now? They aren't. Like who cares. They have players who are good players, that's it. I mean, they are winning with Seguin and Marchand, why can't we win with galchenyuk and Gallagher? Why does our 'culture' need to change according to some people? Play to win, improve the team, that simple.

If people want to make it out to be a science, so be it. There's elements you can improve or study but it would be foolish to suggest one guy's method is THE method. Some teams have gotten cold but been the better team, Pittsburgh beat Boston this year correct? Pittsburgh also dominated the league for a point. Yet, they lost 4 games so their plan is no longer "THE PLAN". It's a load of crap really. Habs need top end talent, that's all. We need better players.

GMs say it all the time, who doesn't want big, fast, talented, intimidating, clutch players? Who doesn't want timely goaltending? Everyone is striving to improve but the market is limited. There's limited resources available and there's multiple ways to win.

LyricalLyricist is online now  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:54 PM
  #745
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,842
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Once upon a time...a great basketball player named Michael Jordan said: "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships."

The end.
He's right, but somehow people will assume the second part doesn't include talent.

Talent+teamwork wins championships.
Talent alone won't and neither will teamwork alone.

LyricalLyricist is online now  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:10 PM
  #746
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
as the cliche goes only 1 team wins it per year. the bruins looked bad in the playoffs last year. this year with guys like chara and lucic playing big minutes + letting the clutch and grab go, they flourished. they have terrific center depth, a very tough (but slow) D and size on the wings - that in a close checking series is great because they go to the dirty areas. They also have a skilled pest in Marchand.

The Leafs and Habs both present match-up issues for the B's for one reason, and that's speed. Both teams are faster than pitt or NYR.
That being said, we most probably would've gotten ground down by them if we had gotten past Ottawa. It will be interesting to see what Chicago does vs them as they seem to be Bergevin's model.

As for the habs, i wouldn't get rid of our speed / skill, but guys like gionta, desharnais, diaz, weber are not long-term solutions to long-term playoff runs. Thankfully we have a Tinordi ( you see how a dominant big man in Chara makes a huge difference) + some other nice pieces developping.

Also CP31 was never as bad as MAF has been. i expect Carey to bounce back

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:39 PM
  #747
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Horton plays on their 1st line in case you didnt know... besides what you're saying "if everything goes right" they'll lose a few players and remain the same... reality rarely works that way.
Pretty sure I knew it. Yet, Seguin is 1st line material and isn't doing anything in the playoffs. How about him getting to another level and making Horton expendable? But hey, I guess we'll see how that translates for future years. People know my opinion on the subject since the Bruins 1st Cup and I'll stick by it. Would be even more fun to get back to me if the Bruins start struggling for all sorts of reasons including personnel changes. I don't see it. Not that long ago, Bruins lost Savard and their entire PP. They won a Cup without a PP. And still struggling with thier PP and yet...where are they now. Bruins lost Thomas who despite his unorthodox style, was doing miracles after miracles. Lost him for nothing...but then got Rask. Bruins lost Reechi who played a key role in their cup run. And Ryder. Who misses them now? It might be reach, but if they don't make any other chances, Soderberg will have a chance to shine on the top 6. But somehow, we have to think that Chiarelli won,t stay put if they really miss a top 6 forward and will do what he does best, which is steal a guy for nothing, like he did when he got Horton in the first place. And Boston will always have the advantage in chemistry, like we talked about, contrary to other teams around them who are still trying to find a recipe. My point was never about them losing tons of players and replacing them. My point was that they won't lose a lot and still be able to replace them, whether it's because they have a competent GM who, despite some mistakes, does more good than bad. Either it's through UFA who players should see that this is a great team. Either it's from the inside, like Krug who nobody had seen coming.

Will they win every year? Probaby not. But they will be contending every year. And will finish top 3 of the conference every year even if the Wings comes in.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:47 PM
  #748
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You need a guy better than Leighton? Sure. Just proves you can compete in final without an elite G though.
I thought we were talking about "winning". You need good-great goaltending. Bad goaltending and defense gets exposed eventually...which is why when everyone was crowning the Pens, I said they were ripe for the picking.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 01:42 AM
  #749
madhi19
Registered User
 
madhi19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cold and Dark place!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 500
Anybody else angry tonight at the way the East turned up? Seriously if the Habs don't crap the bed at the end of the season and in the first round every teams was beatable. Bad luck I guess.

madhi19 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 02:27 AM
  #750
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty sure I knew it. Yet, Seguin is 1st line material and isn't doing anything in the playoffs. How about him getting to another level and making Horton expendable? But hey, I guess we'll see how that translates for future years. People know my opinion on the subject since the Bruins 1st Cup and I'll stick by it. Would be even more fun to get back to me if the Bruins start struggling for all sorts of reasons including personnel changes. I don't see it. Not that long ago, Bruins lost Savard and their entire PP. They won a Cup without a PP. And still struggling with thier PP and yet...where are they now. Bruins lost Thomas who despite his unorthodox style, was doing miracles after miracles. Lost him for nothing...but then got Rask. Bruins lost Reechi who played a key role in their cup run. And Ryder. Who misses them now? It might be reach, but if they don't make any other chances, Soderberg will have a chance to shine on the top 6. But somehow, we have to think that Chiarelli won,t stay put if they really miss a top 6 forward and will do what he does best, which is steal a guy for nothing, like he did when he got Horton in the first place. And Boston will always have the advantage in chemistry, like we talked about, contrary to other teams around them who are still trying to find a recipe. My point was never about them losing tons of players and replacing them. My point was that they won't lose a lot and still be able to replace them, whether it's because they have a competent GM who, despite some mistakes, does more good than bad. Either it's through UFA who players should see that this is a great team. Either it's from the inside, like Krug who nobody had seen coming.

Will they win every year? Probaby not. But they will be contending every year. And will finish top 3 of the conference every year even if the Wings comes in.
things you describe dont last forever... eventually, losing guys for nothing catches up to you (Rechi, Ryder, Jagr and Horton at end of season, etc), you may get replacements for some of them, but eventually one of those replacements isnt as good as he was supposed to be, doesnt "connect" with others, etc... and this can happen way sooner than we think.

I mean, Krug is playing great hockey for a rookie, but thinking he'd replace Ference and all will be OK ? who's to say he isnt a one year wonder ? or "come back down to earth" ?

and Soderberg replacing Horton (PPG in the playoffs by the way) will probably happen, thing is, the rookie is already 27, meaning he should be in his prime NOW, not in 3 or 4 years when he'll be fully developped...

you count too much on everything to go right on your assesments, pretty much saying "everything went right so far, so it'll keep going right"

thing is, it doesnt take much for a team to climb or dive in the standing or win/lose a round of P.O...

ECWHSWI is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.