HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets to play in Vancouver Canucks 2013 Young Stars Classic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2013, 04:16 PM
  #1
ICdave
HFB Partner
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
Winnipeg Jets to play in Vancouver Canucks 2013 Young Stars Classic



Jets to participate again in the Young Prospects game.

To read more about it click here.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:27 PM
  #2
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,300
vCash: 50
Anyone else find it funny that San Jose is one of the participating teams? Just the geographical relation to the rest of the teams makes it amusing.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:37 PM
  #3
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Will the games be streamed online again?

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  #4
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 33,127
vCash: 50
San Jose is closer to Vancouver then Winnipeg is

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
  #5
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
San Jose is closer to Vancouver then Winnipeg is
I mostly meant that it is the only US team involved.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:25 PM
  #6
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 1090
Can't wait to see who we send. Trouba? Lowry? Brassard? Sutter? Kosmachuk? Telegin? Who do we send for D?

Is there an agreement on the ages to send by all the teams?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:33 PM
  #7
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Can't wait to see who we send. Trouba? Lowry? Brassard? Sutter? Kosmachuk? Telegin? Who do we send for D?

Is there an agreement on the ages to send by all the teams?
Yes to the above, also Olkinuora, Pasquale in all likelihood and Saponari if he is signed.

Ages: Redmond went in 2011, he would have been ?22 or 23? Not sure if there is a limit.

They will probably send almost the entire 2013 non-college draft class as well as as and a few un-drafted UFAs who are there on a try-out.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:42 PM
  #8
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Yes to the above, also Olkinuora, Pasquale in all likelihood and Saponari if he is signed.

Ages: Redmond went in 2011, he would have been ?22 or 23? Not sure if there is a limit.

They will probably send almost the entire 2013 non-college draft class as well as as and a few un-drafted UFAs who are there on a try-out.
Yeah, I don't know if there would be a limit per se, but the teams would probably have some sort of understanding about what the tournament was about, and they wouldn't be sending 26+ year olds for some extra reps I wouldn't think.

I wonder if O'Dell is sent again?

Totally forgot about Ryan Olsen. He had a good season last year and should probably go.

Samuels-Thomas?

Who do we send on D besides Melchiori, Sol, and Chariot? Stoykewych? Serville?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:27 PM
  #9
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Yeah, I don't know if there would be a limit per se, but the teams would probably have some sort of understanding about what the tournament was about, and they wouldn't be sending 26+ year olds for some extra reps I wouldn't think.

I wonder if O'Dell is sent again?

Totally forgot about Ryan Olsen. He had a good season last year and should probably go.

Samuels-Thomas?

Who do we send on D besides Melchiori, Sol, and Chariot? Stoykewych? Serville?
JST likely only goes if he is done with school. I doubt we will see any college kids. I don't they can attend without getting the boot.

O'Dell is a possibility.

On the back end, Trouba will probanly go. After him, Sol, Chiarot and Melch there is nobody. Perhaps O'Niell if he is resigned or Yue...

Otherwise it will have to be new draft picks and UFAs.


Last edited by truck: 06-06-2013 at 07:34 PM.
truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:39 PM
  #10
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
JST likely only goes if he is done with school. I doubt we will see any college kids. I don't they can attend without getting the boot.

O'Dell is a possibility.

On the back end, Trouba will probanly go. After him, Sol, Chiarot and Melch there is nobody. Perhaps O'Niell if he is resigned or Yue...

Otherwise it will have to be new draft picks and UFAs.
I think I remember the rule being your ineligible if you have 2 or more years of AHL experience which would rule out guys like Pasquale and O'Dell. But I might be incorrect about the rule.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
  #11
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I think I remember the rule being your ineligible if you have 2 or more years of AHL experience which would rule out guys like Pasquale and O'Dell. But I might be incorrect about the rule.
That makes sense.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 08:11 PM
  #12
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man
 
winterpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
On the back end, Trouba will probanly go.
I fully expect Trouba to be the man among boys at this tournament.

On that note, I'm excited to watch.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 08:49 PM
  #13
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 200
If the cupboard is so bare, can they ice a full squad?

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:06 PM
  #14
meedle
Registered User
 
meedle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
Don't forget the 10 kids who are going to get drafted. I'm sure some if not all those guys will be going.

meedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:07 PM
  #15
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
If the cupboard is so bare, can they ice a full squad?
By my count there will probably be...

Forwards (7-10):
Scheifele
Lowry
Telegin
Kosmachuk
Olsen
Sutter
Brassard
? Saponari ?
? JST ?
? Klingberg ?

Defense (2-5):
Trouba
Melchiori
? Chiarot ?
? Sol ?
? O'Neill ?

Goalie (1-2):
Olkinuora
? Pasquale ?

If the 2 year of AHL thing is acurrate, most of the ? Players are gone.

There could also be as many as 10 players from the 2013 draft class and there will probably be a few undrafted UFAs.

Did I miss anybody?

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:09 PM
  #16
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
Don't forget the 10 kids who are going to get drafted. I'm sure some if not all those guys will be going.
Yep.

All of the non-college players should be there.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:45 PM
  #17
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 33,127
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
If the cupboard is so bare, can they ice a full squad?
Quality > Quantity

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:56 PM
  #18
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
Quality > Quantity
Well we have neither... relatively speaking.

Not saying Scheifele and Trouba aren't nice pieces, but there are a number of teams with similar quality at the top end.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:57 PM
  #19
Newfy IceCapd
Registered User
 
Newfy IceCapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 989
Who if anyone is eligible from St.John's?

Newfy IceCapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:11 PM
  #20
peter sullivan
Winnipeg
 
peter sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
I fully expect Trouba to be the man among boys at this tournament.

On that note, I'm excited to watch.
scheifele had better be the man among boys.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 11:07 PM
  #21
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Well we have neither... relatively speaking.

Not saying Scheifele and Trouba aren't nice pieces, but there are a number of teams with similar quality at the top end.
True, but for this tournament the prospect pools of Calgary and Vancouver are inferior. Hard to say about the Oilers, they have a good defense but all their young firepower is on the big team. Don't really know much about San Jose.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 11:26 PM
  #22
hockeyarena
Registered User
 
hockeyarena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Assuming almost all 6 of our picks in the first 3 rounds this summer would be there as well.

hockeyarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:19 PM
  #23
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man
 
winterpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
scheifele had better be the man among boys.
Already seemed that way when he played in the tourney his draft year.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:48 PM
  #24
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,776
vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Well we have neither... relatively speaking.

Not saying Scheifele and Trouba aren't nice pieces, but there are a number of teams with similar quality at the top end.
We likely won't see it in the tourney. Out of the attending teams we actually have one of the best prospect cupboards comparatively. Unless Edmonton sends some of the young NHL big guns.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:07 PM
  #25
Jets
Resident Sieve
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
By my count there will probably be...

Forwards (7-10):
Scheifele
Lowry
Telegin
Kosmachuk
Olsen
Sutter
Brassard
? Saponari ?
? JST ?
? Klingberg ?

Defense (2-5):
Trouba
Melchiori
? Chiarot ?
? Sol ?
? O'Neill ?

Goalie (1-2):
Olkinuora
? Pasquale ?

If the 2 year of AHL thing is acurrate, most of the ? Players are gone.

There could also be as many as 10 players from the 2013 draft class and there will probably be a few undrafted UFAs.

Did I miss anybody?
You forgot Max Domi, Jordan Subban, Eric Comrie and Nick Petan

Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.