Batt-Pugsley-Haas
Simpson

Emond-Sweeney
Malatesta-Wood
McCabe-Johnston
White

Dubeau
Hunt

Last edited by welcometothebigshow2: 08-06-2013 at 03:42 PM.
welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:26 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Garrett Johnston is a lock on defence and James Melindy won't be back for Moncton.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:34 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Alright, I'm really just taking a shot in the dark for rosters. Where would Johnston fit in?

Old
06-08-2013, 07:36 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Alright, I'm really just taking a shot in the dark for rosters. Where would Johnston fit in?
Emond Sweeney
Wood Johnston
McCabe Mann/White

As of now , that's how I see it. Moncton is going to be a very hard team to project a lineup for. Too many unknowns. But you're lineup for them looks decent.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:37 PM
welcometothebigshow2

I'll be doing this for the other divisions soon as well. If anyone has issues with the rosters, send me a PM, as this thread would more be suited to talking about the teams, and next season, compared to roster spots, and depth charts, etc.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I think the SeaDogs will finish higher but will draft a Euro. I see a really young team.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:02 PM
TheDinosaur

Mackinnon and Druion will be back for the Moose. Mark my words.

TheDinosaur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:05 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
You don't think they'll be able to crack Florida and/or Tampa Bay ??

Old
06-08-2013, 09:15 PM
TheDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
You don't think they'll be able to crack Florida and/or Tampa Bay ??
I think Mackinnon will go to Colorado, where they have no room for Centres. I also think Druion will make the team out of camp but will be sent down after a few games of under producing.

TheDinosaur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Wait... Cam Darcy wasn't a fake rumor?

Scarecrow Boat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Rysmo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Wait... Cam Darcy wasn't a fake rumor?
I haven't heard anything about him actually coming over. Maybe OP knows something about it I don't know, it would certainly be nice.

I mean, Dumont has those 3 FAs coming to camp, but I would think if Darcy was among them we would know.

Rysmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysmo View Post
I haven't heard anything about him actually coming over. Maybe OP knows something about it I don't know, it would certainly be nice.

I mean, Dumont has those 3 FAs coming to camp, but I would think if Darcy was among them we would know.
All I really know about CB is that I wanted them to pick Noel #1

if it's Free Agents it likely wouldn't be Darcy, they drafted him. But I don't know what's going on lol

Old
06-08-2013, 09:54 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Cameron Darcy started the past season with Northeastern University, but left school after 9 games (2 assists). He spent the rest of the season with Muskegon (USHL). I heard that he might be coming to the Q, but also heard he asked to have his rights dealt. If CB convinced him to come, all the better.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
Colorado has the 1st pick. If they take MacKinnon, that makes him the 1st pick overall.

Name me the last forward taken 1st overall from the CHL who didn't play in the National Hockey League come that October?

Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane, Crosby, Nash, Lecavalier, Thornton, Daigle, Lindros, Nolan, Modano, Turgeon, Clark (drafted as a D, played as a F), Lemieux, Hawerchuk, Wickenheiser, Bobby Smith, etc.....

I'll be honest. I think that would make Nathan MacKinnon the first one ever.

I'd love to see him play for another year. But he's ready. He won't be back.

Last edited by ZombieRegDunlop: 06-08-2013 at 11:27 PM.
ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:49 PM
RJQuack

good early post, I'd switch Charlotte with Bathurst and CB with SJ. that's what I think will happen, and hope Noel has a big impact on SJ soon. Might put Moncton higher too.

Looking at that depth chart, the Moose would be crazy to not use the #6 euro pick on a young center. We don't need a quick fix at C, we should draft a long-term one (17).

The division is really Halifax' for the taking. Cam has stated he wants to be competitive this year, so we won't be selling anymore than Duke/Andrews or whoever we get to complete our set of 20's... Here's how I see each teams strengths...

Forwards:
1) Halifax - not anywhere near last year, but return 8 guys, 5 of which played a full season. This could also get better with the pickup of a high-profile Euro. #1-#4 are close for me, no clear cut best.
2) Moncton - return some good players upfront.
3) Cape Breton - Have easily the best player in the division IMO, Carrier, but are still young.
4) Bathurst - close behind Moncton Cape and Halifax, but have several good complementary players...
5) Charlottetown
6) Saint John - Star forward Noel makes it better, still last IMO.
Not a good group of forwards as whole really, lacking stars unlike this past season.

Defense:
1) Halifax - I don't think anyone has a better top pair right now... Lewis-Weegar is pretty good, and I don't think Vance will be back on the Island, so Moose get this one.
2) Charlottetown - Oligny is maybe the best D in the league next year, will compete with Weegar in the division.
3) Bathurst - girard, gosselin, Godin, decent top 4.
4) Cape Breton
5) Saint John
6) Moncton

Goaltending:
1) Saint John - Auger is at times sensational, I think of him in the highest regard when it comes to Q goalies so takes this over Bibeau.
2) Charlottetown - Bibeau was great last year, needs to duplicate it.
3) Halifax (Fucale)
4) Bathurst (Brennan, McDonald) have a goaltending issue to deal with, could be 4th best either way IMO.
5) Cape Breton (Lagace, Bureau)
6) Moncton (Dubeau) heard about him all year long for the wrong reasons, and can't say he's better than Lagace or Bathurst's guys

Last edited by RJQuack: 06-08-2013 at 11:57 PM.
RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 01:41 AM
Raimu

Ehhhhh.

Lots of people underrate Fucale. I think he's #1 and its not even close. Yes Auger has been sensational at times, but, its extremely hard to argue with the results hes gotten. You're a halifax fan right? Remember when you're the top team in the league players are just a little bit more on their game to play you. I think Auger was an example of that.

At 16 was a beast, a workhorse, and he struggled a bit at the begging of last season, facing less shots, but he really turned it around and Fucale was solid, and hes proven time and time again he's a big game player.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 01:51 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I agree that Fucale is the best goalie in the league, I'm surprised Auger is so high.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 06:16 AM
welcometothebigshow2

I was told by a player agent, which was NOT Darcy's, that he is strongly considering coming to Cape Breton. I know it's not 100%, but the way my source told me, he'll at least be at camp. Don't quote me for this though, as it may not be true

Old
06-09-2013, 07:49 AM
wolf13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
Colorado has the 1st pick. If they take MacKinnon, that makes him the 1st pick overall.

Name me the last forward taken 1st overall from the CHL who didn't play in the National Hockey League come that October?

Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane, Crosby, Nash, Lecavalier, Thornton, Daigle, Lindros, Nolan, Modano, Turgeon, Clark (drafted as a D, played as a F), Lemieux, Hawerchuk, Wickenheiser, Bobby Smith, etc.....

I'll be honest. I think that would make Nathan MacKinnon the first one ever.

I'd love to see him play for another year. But he's ready. He won't be back.
Its been like 15 years since even the top drafted CHL forward came back. And I believe about 7-10 since even the #2 CHL drafted forward came back.

MacKinnon is gone. You have a better chance of winning the loto than he does of playing in the Q next year. Colorado doesn't leave top players in junior. See Duchene and Landeskog. TB had Hedman and Stamkos play as rookies. Tallon (Florida) played Kane as a rookie. Also to the poster who said Colorado would send MacKinnon back because of their depth. The Avs have 8 NHL level forwards signed for next year.

wolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I was told by a player agent, which was NOT Darcy's, that he is strongly considering coming to Cape Breton. I know it's not 100%, but the way my source told me, he'll at least be at camp. Don't quote me for this though, as it may not be true
QUOTED!

It wouldn't be a bad move on his part, obviously his NCAA experience wasn't a positive one and CB could definitely use him despite having seemingly 60 QMJHL forwards

Old
06-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Libbs

The chances of MacKinnon coming back (regardless of where he's drafted) are about as good as me being Batman.

I can see Drouin coming back for one more year simply because of his physical stature.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
The chances of MacKinnon coming back (regardless of where he's drafted) are about as good as me being Batman.

I can see Drouin coming back for one more year simply because of his physical stature.
I'd say most would agree.

Only chance I see Drouin stay is if he's absolutely needed on the NHL team and they rush him into an everyday NHL role.

I can't wait to see how Fucale does without the powerhouse in front of him. People go on about how mentally strong he is but I don't think he's dealt with any adversity in his Q career next couple seasons will be the true test for him

Old
06-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Libbs

Quote:
I'd say most would agree.

Only chance I see Drouin stay is if he's absolutely needed on the NHL team and they rush him into an everyday NHL role.

I can't wait to see how Fucale does without the powerhouse in front of him. People go on about how mentally strong he is but I don't think he's dealt with any adversity in his Q career next couple seasons will be the true test for him
So the numerous games he faced 40+ shots and the numerous games where he was stellar on only 20 or so shots don't count? Or his U17 performance? Or his Ivan Halinka performance?

Alright then... typical comment by someone who didn't see many games.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
So the numerous games he faced 40+ shots and the numerous games where he was stellar on only 20 or so shots don't count? Or his U17 performance? Or his Ivan Halinka performance?

Alright then... typical comment by someone who didn't see many games.
I love when people say "you must not have seen him play much!!!!!!" and think that somehow puts me in my place. I've watched Fucale a ton, everyone who watches Q games on a regular basis has watched Halifax a ton lmao

He averaged 23.38 shots against per game... M-A Fleury in his draft year averaged 37.40 shots per game. The kid barely had a challenge so I'm saying let's see what he can do when he's not behind a powerhouse team. Typical comment from a fan who thinks people should think of his teams players as perfect in every which way

Edit: Also just went and looked and Fucale only faced 40 shots 3 times this season and only 3 times the season before, one of which he allowed 7 goals.

Last edited by Scarecrow Boat: 06-09-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old
06-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Raimu

Quote:
I love when people say "you must not have seen him play much!!!!!!" and think that somehow puts me in my place. I've watched Fucale a ton, everyone who watches Q games on a regular basis has watched Halifax a ton lmao

He averaged 23.38 shots against per game... M-A Fleury in his draft year averaged 37.40 shots per game. The kid barely had a challenge so I'm saying let's see what he can do when he's not behind a powerhouse team. Typical comment from a fan who thinks people should think of his teams players as perfect in every which way

Edit: Also just went and looked and Fucale only faced 40 shots 3 times this season and only 3 times the season before, one of which he allowed 7 goals.
So his 16 year old season where he played EVERY GAME from october onward and faced 40 shots at least almost every night was not a test? Marc-Olivier Daigle was super-glued to the bench and only saw relief duty a handful of times.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote