HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2013, 12:56 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You know my prediction...unfortunately. Chicago will see a MUCH better defensive system. And Rask vs Crawford....it's not even close. Should be tougher than in 4 games.....but Luca Ciampini will be happy. Not us though.

If Chicago could just not respect Boston the way the last 2 teams did, they have a chance. The greatest news is that they will have the much needed break too.
much better than L.A. ?

Rask ? as if they didnt face Quick before...

Old
06-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
My wish...Chicago in 7. Always better to make Boston think they can actually win it and then....don't. And it's always great to win at home.

My prediction...Boston in 6. And I won't watch their celebration at home.
My heart: Chicago in 4.
My head: Boston in 6 too.

Old
06-09-2013, 06:33 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Firmly on the Chicago bandwagon.

If Chicago wins, Pierre Gauthier gets a Stanley Cup ring.
ohmother****inglol!

Old
06-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
I;m rooting for Boston, even if i feel sick afterwards and have a bad taste in my mouth.

The Cup winner should come from the East, thus proving again that the teams here are nothing to sneeze at.

Old
06-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Firmly on the Chicago bandwagon.

If Chicago wins, Pierre Gauthier gets a Stanley Cup ring.
Suddenly there is a bright side to the Bruins winning.

Old
06-09-2013, 08:10 AM
HCH

Quote:
My wish...Chicago in 7. Always better to make Boston think they can actually win it and then....don't. And it's always great to win at home.

My prediction...Boston in 6. And I won't watch their celebration at home.
My wish... somebody in 4 so this board can get back and focusing on making the Habs a better team for next year. We are getting distracted by non-Habs issues and be prone to making a few mistakes in our efforts to build a better team

Old
06-09-2013, 08:16 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
stanley cup winner, and now this...P. Kane, most underrated superstar in the nhl
Insane goal scorer...the kid oozes talent...I hope he and the Hawks can handle the clutch and grab style the B's play...

Old
06-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
much better than L.A. ?

Rask ? as if they didnt face Quick before...
Yeah, and Boston faced Lundqvist? What's your point? Hockey is more than solely the goalie....I keep reading that in this board....and with some good reasons.

Old
06-09-2013, 08:30 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Whoever wins this series, I think it will be short either way. Both teams are multi-dimensional but their primary identities are quite contrasting. The team that finds a way to win the first game will ride the wave all the way to the cup in 5 games.

I'm predicting bruins in 5, but I'll be cheering for Chicago since I find their brand of hockey more pleasing to the senses.

I also find it shocking that these two teams never managed to face each other in the finals, despite being original 6 teams. How does that happen?
4 Stanley Cups in 87 years and only 11 appearances.......... thats how.

Last edited by charlie: 06-09-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old
06-09-2013, 08:41 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
4 Stanley Cups in 87 years and only 11 appearances.......... thats how.
Let's face it: Bruins, Rags and Hawks were usually the dogs of the original six. One of Habs, Toronto and Wings kicked ass most of the time for 40 years...

That is why it is the first time these teams face each other in the finals. Pretty unbelievable still.

Old
06-09-2013, 09:11 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Yeah, and Boston faced Lundqvist? What's your point? Hockey is more than solely the goalie....I keep reading that in this board....and with some good reasons.
I think his point was that you brought up Rask vs. Crawford as a point against Chicago, whereas Chicago just ousted the post season's best goalie of the last two years in 5 games, who happens to play on a stanley cup winning roster. No disrespect to the Rangers team, but they're no L.A.

As for rask.... He's not some great goalie. Controversial opinion, I know. Boston's defensive system and how well their players stick to it is probably unrivaled in the league. How many dangerous shots did Pittsburgh actually put on Rask? Besides the first game where they would have lit him up if they could put a damn puck in an open net, there wasn't much there. Not to say that he's bad. I just find that he's getting crazy overrated around here. Chicago has the forward personnel to get in around the Charas and Seidenbergs and up close with Rask.

Will be a great series to watch, but Chicago is the better team. Imo, of course.

Old
06-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think his point was that you brought up Rask vs. Crawford as a point against Chicago, whereas Chicago just ousted the post season's best goalie of the last two years in 5 games, who happens to play on a stanley cup winning roster. No disrespect to the Rangers team, but they're no L.A.

As for rask.... He's not some great goalie. Controversial opinion, I know. Boston's defensive system and how well their players stick to it is probably unrivaled in the league. How many dangerous shots did Pittsburgh actually put on Rask? Besides the first game where they would have lit him up if they could put a damn puck in an open net, there wasn't much there. Not to say that he's bad. I just find that he's getting crazy overrated around here. Chicago has the forward personnel to get in around the Charas and Seidenbergs and up close with Rask.

Will be a great series to watch, but Chicago is the better team. Imo, of course.
So basically, what you're saying is that Rask is the new Halak?

Old
06-09-2013, 09:36 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
So basically, what you're saying is that Rask is the new Halak?
Not really. Halak was more like Quick, but on a worse team. A goalie who had to bail out an obviously over their head team. And I wouldn't really call what we had going a 'defensive system'. More like crossing your fingers.

Old
06-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Not really. Halak was more like Quick, but on a worse team. A goalie who had to bail out an obviously over their head team. And I wouldn't really call what we had going a 'defensive system'. More like crossing your fingers.
Like a football team calling for Hail Mary Bombs every down

Old
06-09-2013, 09:42 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Like a football team calling for Hail Mary Bombs every down
pretty much. The defensive equivalent of a hail mary isn't a bad way to put it

Old
06-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

I think this pretty much sums up the last few pages of posts/comments:

Old
06-09-2013, 10:34 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I think this pretty much sums up the last few pages of posts/comments:

I was actually going to suggest an 'I want to believe' theme for next year's reg. season avy's

Old
06-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

And my point was in direct relation to his "Who cares about Rask, they just beat Quick". Pretty sure I did state that the goalie was not solely responsible of the wins and losses of a team. And I will believe that Boston defensive system, as you pointed out, was great and probably better than LA. Which then brings up to ONCE you are past that defensive system, you have to face Rask who is pretty hot. No matter who ends up the greatest goalie when all is said and done, as of now, while Quick was great, so was Rask. As far as who is the best team, yes, I'd think it is Chicago. But the better team doesn't always win....as we all know it.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:45 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
And my point was in direct relation to his "Who cares about Rask, they just beat Quick". Pretty sure I did state that the goalie was not solely responsible of the wins and losses of a team. And I will believe that Boston defensive system, as you pointed out, was great and probably better than LA. Which then brings up to ONCE you are past that defensive system, you have to face Rask who is pretty hot. No matter who ends up the greatest goalie when all is said and done, as of now, while Quick was great, so was Rask. As far as who is the best team, yes, I'd think it is Chicago. But the better team doesn't always win....as we all know it.
The fact that the rules seem to change every game doesn't really help either.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
The fact that the rules seem to change every game doesn't really help either.
But that's the rule. The rule, as we all know it alraedy, is that the rule changes every game. We have to adapt to it. Which means build a tougher team. Get a great PK for regular season. And you'll win in the playoffs.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
With the exception of the Toronto series I thought Boston was going to lose them all and they've obviously not.

This time around I feel like they're going to win, so that means they'll probably lose.

That's good news fellas!

Old
06-09-2013, 12:02 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
But that's the rule. The rule, as we all know it alraedy, is that the rule changes every game. We have to adapt to it. Which means build a tougher team. Get a great PK for regular season. And you'll win in the playoffs.
Not necessarily. They could change the rules back to what they were when they made buffalo a powerhouse. But I guess, as you say, best to have a good mix, at least that way if they jerk you around with new rules, you only have to change a little bit, rather than going completely in the other direction.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:10 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
I think Boston will ridicule Crawford and you what, I'm ok with it...

Old
06-09-2013, 01:39 PM
habdynasty

I think the hawks will expose Rask, can't wait.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
I want Chicago to win, but don't think they will. In the end, though, this is probably the most entertaining series on paper that we've had in a long time. Should be fun.

Closed Thread