HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec vs. Stastny vs. Pavelski

View Poll Results: Which center would you want to target?
Tomas Plekanec 8 20.00%
Joe Pavelski 15 37.50%
Paul Stastny 16 40.00%
None of the above 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
I'd want Stastny, and think he might be the easiest to acquire, and the best fit.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 06:22 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Ok, so this is the highest tier of realistic targets, what about the next tier down. Lets discuss some younger targets with potential, players like Berglund that could use a change of scenery, and some veteran targets that are a notch down. Any ideas?

For the young ones with potential, ones that appear to be available are Couturier and Schenn, although I'm not that big of a fan of either one. If I had to choose one it would be Schenn, but no way I'd move Shattenkirk. Lets leave Burmistrov out because he hasn't shown anything that he can be an upgrade over Sobotka.

The next category would be guys like Gagner. Basically instead of the 1st/2nd combo with Backes and Stastny/Pavelski/Plekanec, we would have a 2nd/3rd line combo with Berglund and Gagner, etc.

We really haven't talked about veterans that could be available that are a notch down from the low end 1st liners. Someone like a Peverley or Nielsen could be a good stopgap option.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 06:24 PM
BlueDream

I'd be interested in Brayden Schenn and MAYBEEEE Nielsen, but the rest of those names really don't do much for me at all.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 06:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I'd be interested in Brayden Schenn and MAYBEEEE Nielsen, but the rest of those names really don't do much for me at all.
I'm just throwing stuff out there so we can discuss something that we really haven't discussed before. Might as well talk about some stopgaps because that's probably what we are going to end up with. Feel free to throw some names out, I just threw some out at the top of my head.

I definitely think Armstrong will be going for more, and the draft could definitely be an interesting time for us, but it just feels like we've been talking the higher end options, at least the realistic ones again and again.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:59 PM
BlueDream

Yeah I hear ya, always fine by me to throw out names. We should speculate about as much as we can leading up to this draft because it could be a busy one.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I really, really like Zibanejad.

Would anyone trade Tarasenko for him?

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post

Nope. I do really like Z though.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:04 PM
nicholas89alex

vCash: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post

nope, I would trade rattie + cole/jaskin though

nicholas89alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas89alex View Post
nope, I would trade rattie + cole/jaskin though
You think Tarasenko will be better than Rattie + Jaskin?

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:15 PM
nicholas89alex

if rattie and jaskin both live up to their full potential no. but keep in mind jaskin put up 2 points in an entire season in Europe and was largely written off as a prospect. and rattie may very well never make it. I think tarasenko is a safer bet than those two.

Old
06-08-2013, 10:22 PM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas89alex View Post
if rattie and jaskin both live up to their full potential no. but keep in mind jaskin put up 2 points in an entire season in Europe and was largely written off as a prospect. and rattie may very well never make it. I think tarasenko is a safer bet than those two.
Wait, what???

CitizenSnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 12:16 AM
nicholas89alex

in the Czech elite league jaskin only scored 1 goal and 1 assist in the entire season playing against men. he was looking like a bad pick. then he came over seas and dominated against players his own age that he is much bigger than. so there should be questions about if he can handle playing against men his own size. and rattie still has question marks. he has hockey sense but there is always the question of can a player transition. some of the goals he scores are very soft and though he has a very good toe drag he over uses it and wont get away with it as he moves up in the pro game. so if he can adjust and increase his bag of tricks and continue to find the soft spots of the ice he will be a very good pro, but I find it more likely that he cant adjust than tarasenko as vlad has been playing against men in a much tougher league than rattie. like I said if I knew they were all going to reach their potential I would rather have 2 50 point scorers than a 70 point scorer. but I think tarasenko is a 50 point player at worst while rattie and jaskin could end up being busts.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:32 AM
h22prelude93

I may be alone here, but I prefer the Czech center Plekanec. He's solid on both ends of the ice and has already shown the capability to produce on a defense first team. He also outproduced both the Americans this season who were on more offensive minded teams. I wouldn't mind Pavelski and his contract, but Stastny is very overpaid and overrated IMO. Now if he's bought then that would be a different story, but I certainly wouldn't want to see us trade any valuable assests for him. I do wonder what it would take to land Plekanec. How about something like Perron, Russell, and a 2nd? I've always felt like Perron belongs in Montreal anyways..

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 06:56 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Joe Pavelski, then Plekanec. I have no interest whatsoever in Stastny coming to the Blues.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 07:58 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
I may be alone here, but I prefer the Czech center Plekanec. He's solid on both ends of the ice and has already shown the capability to produce on a defense first team. He also outproduced both the Americans this season who were on more offensive minded teams. I wouldn't mind Pavelski and his contract, but Stastny is very overpaid and overrated IMO. Now if he's bought then that would be a different story, but I certainly wouldn't want to see us trade any valuable assests for him. I do wonder what it would take to land Plekanec. How about something like Perron, Russell, and a 2nd? I've always felt like Perron belongs in Montreal anyways..
I agree. They need toughness though. They have plenty of Russells. Perron, Viellieux, and a 3rd. We won't get Stastny with him being in our division. I don't see Pavelski either. Both are in our conference.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:17 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
We won't get Stastny with him being in our division.
This.

Perhaps at this time next year when Stastny is a UFA and at a much lower salary that the Av's are stuck with for 2013-2014.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Pavelski is who I'd want, but the only one I can actually see us possibly acquiring is Stastny.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Pavelski is who I'd want, but the only one I can actually see us possibly acquiring is Stastny.
Please explain.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

I would prefer someone other than Stastny, but the whole divisional thing is overblown in this situation IMO.

The Avs and the Blues are not competing against each other right now. Sure they will be in the same division, but the Blues are somewhere near contenders and the Avs just ended up with the second worst record in the NHL for a reason.

The Avs might already know they are not going to re-sign Stastny, so they might as well turn them into something that helps them in the future. If they deem Perron and a second good value, then I am sure they would make that trade (assuming it is the best offer). Is that likely to be the case? Not sure, because we have no idea about other offer.

I agree that the divisional thing plays a role, but I think it is more of an issue when the teams are somewhere other than completely opposite ends of the competitive spectrum.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 08:44 PM
oPlaiD

All three of these guys are good defensively, but Stastny is the best offensively. He hasn't been in much of a situation to show that with Colorado the past couple years but on the Blues he'll fit in and be productive.

That said, any of these guys would be a good fit for our current team. Stastny just has more upside. Getting Pavelski is like having another Oshie on the ice and we've already seen how negative people can be about his offensive production. Plekanec would be similar.

oPlaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
Please explain.
Most expendable to his team.

Plekanec technically is just as much so, but I see Stastny moving more.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:37 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
All three of these guys are good defensively, but Stastny is the best offensively. He hasn't been in much of a situation to show that with Colorado the past couple years but on the Blues he'll fit in and be productive.

That said, any of these guys would be a good fit for our current team. Stastny just has more upside. Getting Pavelski is like having another Oshie on the ice and we've already seen how negative people can be about his offensive production. Plekanec would be similar.
Except that Plekanec and Pavelski are much better offensively than Oshie.

Old
06-10-2013, 07:28 AM
TT1

plek is probably one of the most complete players in the nhl and on top of that hes an easy 60-70 pointer. dude is a ****ing workhorse, everyone in MTL loves him. only thing is he doesnt really fit our needs because we wont have a cup contending team for at least the next 4-5 years, hes pretty much the only moveable asset that we have. im of the opinion that we should move him but alot of the mtl boarders would rather keep him

Last edited by TT1: 06-10-2013 at 10:33 AM.
TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote