HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2013, 04:41 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Continue here.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Because of the salary cap going down, the amesty buyouts and the $2M teams can retain, this could be a busy summer...

http://www.allhabs.net/feature/lower...cisions-ahead/

We may want to think outside the current pending UFAs as well...

Old
06-09-2013, 10:34 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Because of the salary cap going down, the amesty buyouts and the $2M teams can retain, this could be a busy summer...

Could be? No man, it will be.
There will be team shopping for players and team looking to move players. Just like the article mention, I did say the same but I wasn't acknowledge by any here on these board...but I'm fine and used to it. Check post 68

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post66904375

Old
06-09-2013, 10:36 AM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:

Dany Briere said he is probably getting bought out. Not that I want him on this team, unless we were to move one of Gionta/DD

Old
06-09-2013, 10:39 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
Dany Briere said he is probably getting bought out. Not that I want him on this team, unless we were to move one of Gionta/DD
IMO, even then I wouldn't want anything to do with him. Was a good player and now still is but can hardly stay healthy...this for the past 5 years or so.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:48 AM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
IMO, even then I wouldn't want anything to do with him. Was a good player and now still is but can hardly stay healthy...this for the past 5 years or so.
True enough, but theres no doubt hes dynamite come playoff time.

I miss that about Cammalleri (and to a much lesser extent Gomez managed to turn up his game in the ECF Run and in our first round in 2011 for at least game 1. Not that thats saying much since his game was crap that year without Pacman).

Old
06-09-2013, 10:58 AM
otto bond

Quote:
True enough, but theres no doubt hes dynamite come playoff time.

I miss that about Cammalleri (and to a much lesser extent Gomez managed to turn up his game in the ECF Run and in our first round in 2011 for at least game 1. Not that thats saying much since his game was crap that year without Pacman).
Talking about Gomez, he still managed to be on a team that made it to the 2nd round. In Cammy world, IMO Gallagher can reach that level. He need to work n his onetimers.
For Briere, will he last until the playoff? With the Habs lable has soft-small team, dought Briere last at all.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
BLONG7

Quote:

Alot of the guys who get bought out, will be out to prove "them" wrong so to speak...could be a gem there somewhere...?

Old
06-09-2013, 11:07 AM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Talking about Gomez, he still managed to be on a team that made it to the 2nd round. In Cammy world, IMO Gallagher can reach that level. He need to work n his onetimers.
For Briere, will he last until the playoff? With the Habs lable has soft-small team, dought Briere last at all.
No he probably won't, but like I said the only way I take him is if we lose Gio/DD and that unfortunately won't happen. Gionta is doing just fine IMO. I would like to get a big top 6 winger to bump Gionta down to the third line. DD was given that big contract so I doubt we trade him soon.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:14 AM
BLONG7

For some reason, I think MB does something big this offseason...just a hunch...if not, we are really only one year away from salary cap issues to then do something big!!

As everyone knows, we do still have a couple of bodies that are just simply too small to compete in the playoffs...

Old
06-09-2013, 11:31 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
For some reason, I think MB does something big this offseason...just a hunch...if not, we are really only one year away from salary cap issues to then do something big!!

As everyone knows, we do still have a couple of bodies that are just simply too small to compete in the playoffs...
One of my wish list is Stewart from St-Louis. Get it done PLEASE. He is the exact player habs need in there top 6.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Draft

Quote:
One of my wish list is Stewart from St-Louis. Get it done PLEASE. He is the exact player habs need in there top 6.
In before people question his character and work ethic.

Let's get this all straight. He is known to be an awesome teammate (an A' in Kingston), he is known to have a very good work ethic off the ice, and he is known to try and separate himself from his brother and his perceived laziness.

Does he have consistency issues. Absolutely. Just clarifying where they come from, as I think he'd be a great fit here. He's also only 25, there's still room to grow.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I'd rather get Oshie from St. Louis but he would most likely not be available.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'd rather get Oshie from St. Louis but he would most likely not be available.
I definitely don't think he's available. I saw what you were saying on the big board but I'm not entirely sure I agree. We have players that excel at the defensive side of the game in our prospect pool, we have no one like Stewart. I think it's potentially a little riskier to go after Stewart but there's also a good chance that he makes a bigger impact. High risk - high reward I suppose.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:02 PM
TT1

oshie has heart but hes not big enough, stewart has more upside imo. the st.louis board seems to be more than happy to trade steward + a 2nd for plek, as much as i love plek i would snapcall that trade in a sec. im more interested to know what it would take to get shattenkirk

Old
06-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
oshie has heart but hes not big enough, stewart has more upside imo. the st.louis board seems to be more than happy to trade steward + a 2nd for plek, as much as i love plek i would snapcall that trade in a sec. im more interested to know what it would take to get shattenkirk
Oshie does not have a size problem, he's physical and that's what matters. If you win puck battles and are physically imposing, doesn't matter if you're 5'11 or 6'.

Also, not that I don't like Shattenkirk, he isn't really what we need. Cost might be similar to a Hamonic or Voynov, slightly more established but not as much potential.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:20 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Oshie does not have a size problem, he's physical and that's what matters. If you win puck battles and are physically imposing, doesn't matter if you're 5'11 or 6'.

Also, not that I don't like Shattenkirk, he isn't really what we need. Cost might be similar to a Hamonic or Voynov, slightly more established but not as much potential.
meh, we really need to start thinking about replacing markov tbh. it'll obviously be impossible to replace his PPG value but finding a top 2-4 D-men with offencive upside is just too expensive, if we dont wanna give up any big pieces we'll have to consider shattenkirk-esque players. but yea im sure there are other options, im just wondering what we would have to give up to get that type of player

maybe someone like jon merrill might do the trick

Last edited by TT1: 06-09-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old
06-09-2013, 12:34 PM
BLONG7

MacT in Edmonton could be a trading partner?

Old
06-09-2013, 12:36 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
There was an article in the Sun here about Iginla and the dilemma he faces next season. Sign for cheap (3M or less) with an established contender or take more money to sign elsewhere. Not sure I want him on the Habs, but he would be an upgrade over what we had in Ryder.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:38 PM
TT1

i would sign iginla for 3m just so i could deal him at the trade deadline

Old
06-09-2013, 12:56 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I definitely don't think he's available. I saw what you were saying on the big board but I'm not entirely sure I agree. We have players that excel at the defensive side of the game in our prospect pool, we have no one like Stewart. I think it's potentially a little riskier to go after Stewart but there's also a good chance that he makes a bigger impact. High risk - high reward I suppose.
I think Stewart would be a good acquisition for us, pretty much replaces a bit of what we lost in Cole.

Bourque-Pleks-Gio/Gally
Pac-DD-Stewart
Chuckie-Eller-Gio/Gally
Moen-White-Prust
Armstrong

Not bad

Someone else suggested MacT as a trade partner, id see if I could dump Moen for a decent pick or a decent prospect.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Draft

Quote:
I think Stewart would be a good acquisition for us, pretty much replaces a bit of what we lost in Cole.

Bourque-Pleks-Gio/Gally
Pac-DD-Stewart
Chuckie-Eller-Gio/Gally
Moen-White-Prust
Armstrong

Not bad

Someone else suggested MacT as a trade partner, id see if I could dump Moen for a decent pick or a decent prospect.
He'd definitely look good in our lineup. 64pts one year in Colorado, might regain that scoring touch.

Hartikainen or Paajarvi would be two players I would target.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:04 PM
TT1

Quote:

Bourque-Pleks-Gio/Gally
Pac-DD-Stewart
Chuckie-Eller-Gio/Gally
Moen-White-Prust
Armstrong

Not bad

and who are you planning to trade for stewart..?

Old
06-09-2013, 01:08 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
and who are you planning to trade for stewart..?
*facepalm*

I forgot

Old
06-09-2013, 01:11 PM
TT1

: D that would be a sexy lu tho

Closed Thread