HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Buffalo - Calgary

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2004, 05:54 AM
  #26
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300
The one thing Calgary has is third line grinders. Clark, Green, Betts, and Donovan (despite his recent OF explosion).

Calgary needs some consistent 2nd line scoring. Tough order I know.

What is the story behind Maxim? Soft? Inconsistent? DF liability?

Brown from what I understand is a pretty solid two way center and has some OF upside. What is the story on Pyatt?

Three things that have been very clear with what Sutter wants for the Flames are Size, Speed and Defensive ability. If these guys fit the bill I'm sure that Sutter would be interested. Aside from possibily Gauthier there is not much in lines of trade bait other then possibily Clark.
Maxim is FAST! VERY! his not that much of a liability, infact his pretty good to way, sporting a handy +4 on our team. Pyatt is a power forward mould who rarely scores. 2 of 8 goals have been empty netter's. size, not fast, good defensivly. Green and Clark seem alright, the others im not interested in. maybe Maxim for Clark + 4th? unless his a UFA at years end, contract status? cost?

SabresRule is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 06:10 AM
  #27
Sled2300
Registered User
 
Sled2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
Maxim is FAST! VERY! his not that much of a liability, infact his pretty good to way, sporting a handy +4 on our team. Pyatt is a power forward mould who rarely scores. 2 of 8 goals have been empty netter's. size, not fast, good defensivly. Green and Clark seem alright, the others im not interested in. maybe Maxim for Clark + 4th? unless his a UFA at years end, contract status? cost?
IIRC Clark signed a three year deal last summer that is giving him $700,000. Very reasonable for a third line gritty forward who has a lot of speed.

Calgary's budget would not allow for a Maxim and Clark swap it would have to be something like this.

To BUF
Conroy, Clark and 4th (Conroy is a UFA. Calgary could add a 7th or 8th if he does not sign with BUF at season's end)

To CGY
Brown and Pyatt (I think Sutter would prefer the power forward type rather then the speedy Afinogenov)

Sled2300 is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 06:45 AM
  #28
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300
IIRC Clark signed a three year deal last summer that is giving him $700,000. Very reasonable for a third line gritty forward who has a lot of speed.

Calgary's budget would not allow for a Maxim and Clark swap it would have to be something like this.

To BUF
Conroy, Clark and 4th (Conroy is a UFA. Calgary could add a 7th or 8th if he does not sign with BUF at season's end)

To CGY
Brown and Pyatt (I think Sutter would prefer the power forward type rather then the speedy Afinogenov)
im not too sure, but aside from that, that would stack us with centers, still, and dont u need centers, be sorta futile trading one?

i dont know how well you value Reghr, but maybe Brown + Pyatt/Max ( i would hate to give up our only forward with size, no matter how useless he is, i would do it tho, for regher)

SabresRule is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 07:27 AM
  #29
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300

What is the story behind Maxim? Soft? Inconsistent? DF liability?
Max needed a center, plain and simple. The sabres until Briere had none. Now he's playing with Roy, so we'll start to hear a little more about him, like his hat trick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300
What is the story on Pyatt?

Three things that have been very clear with what Sutter wants for the Flames are Size, Speed and Defensive ability. If these guys fit the bill I'm sure that Sutter would be interested. Aside from possibily Gauthier there is not much in lines of trade bait other then possibily Clark.
Well, he remains enigmatic. Some think he's going to be a good player, but the clock is ticking. Sutter would get at least Size, speed and Defense out of Pyatt, with hope that he could turn into a bonifide scorer. The nock on Pyatt is that he doesn't really seem to get all that physically involved, despite his size.

Kruschiki is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 07:39 AM
  #30
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Max needed a center, plain and simple. The sabres until Briere had none. Now he's playing with Roy, so we'll start to hear a little more about him, like his hat trick...



Well, he remains enigmatic. Some think he's going to be a good player, but the clock is ticking. Sutter would get at least Size, speed and Defense out of Pyatt, with hope that he could turn into a bonifide scorer. The nock on Pyatt is that he doesn't really seem to get all that physically involved, despite his size.
i agree with you pyatt synopsis but the Max one i desagree with. he gets minutes, Roy is a capable center, his shown that, his played with all our current centers, his not got ANY speed control or finishing skills, once he gets those, his puck handling skills and speed will vault him high and mighty. IF he gets the skills. he has the natural talent.

SabresRule is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 08:01 AM
  #31
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
i agree with you pyatt synopsis but the Max one i desagree with. he gets minutes, Roy is a capable center, his shown that, his played with all our current centers, his not got ANY speed control or finishing skills, once he gets those, his puck handling skills and speed will vault him high and mighty. IF he gets the skills. he has the natural talent.
Finishing skill? I think this is too general a criticism. Max makes poor decisions when he can't beat someone one on one, like a shot from the top of the circle or a bad pass, but I think saying that he can't finish is a little too harsh. I can't think of any player in the team, with the exception of Briere, that I think "goal" when they break in alone on a goalie. To me that's finish.

Kruschiki is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 08:03 AM
  #32
Sled2300
Registered User
 
Sled2300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
im not too sure, but aside from that, that would stack us with centers, still, and dont u need centers, be sorta futile trading one?

i dont know how well you value Reghr, but maybe Brown + Pyatt/Max ( i would hate to give up our only forward with size, no matter how useless he is, i would do it tho, for regher)
Reghr is probably one of the most untouchable Flames on the roster. Sutter values him highly and it shows by consistently putting him on the PP when he most likely should not be out there. Out of all of CGY d-men Reghr would be the last to go followed closely by Leopold and Warrener.

The reason I mentioned Conroy is because he would free up the salary room we need to acguire two players like Brown and Pyatt. Conroy has been great for us and I would hate to see him go but if we could get Brown and Pyatt in return I would be happy.

We do have some injury problems right now with Reinprecht and Conroy out but Rhino should play tonight in NYI and Conroy is about a week away. That would give us Rhino, Conroy, Yelle and Lombardi through the middle. Take Conroy out and add Brown and it looks even better IMO.

Sled2300 is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 08:44 AM
  #33
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Finishing skill? I think this is too general a criticism. Max makes poor decisions when he can't beat someone one on one, like a shot from the top of the circle or a bad pass, but I think saying that he can't finish is a little too harsh. I can't think of any player in the team, with the exception of Briere, that I think "goal" when they break in alone on a goalie. To me that's finish.
well, ok, mainly speed control, endless reports of him colliding into walls and goalies, means he doesnt actually score.

SabresRule is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.