HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boychuk/Peverley

Old
06-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Boychuk/Peverley

Boston appears they will be cap crunched this off-season if they want to re-sign Horton (which it would seem Horton wants to stay there and Boston wants to keep him). 56mil committed after Savard's LTIR credit and needing to get Horton and Rask under contract, as well as depth players (13/14th F, 7th D, backup goalie) suggests one or both of Peverley and Boychuk could be made available. What would the Bruins want for one/both? I should note both players have a limited NTC where they can list 15 teams. Chris Kelly has a full NTC so I didn't bother adding him as I can't see him wanting to leave a perennial cup contender. What are these guys worth considering the situation?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 12:54 PM
zeus3007*

I would think Boston would go out of their way as much as possible to keep Boychuk. Peverly I can see being very available. And hopefully the Oilers go all out to get him.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Boston appears they will be cap crunched this off-season if they want to re-sign Horton (which it would seem Horton wants to stay there and Boston wants to keep him). 56mil committed after Savard's LTIR credit and needing to get Horton and Rask under contract, as well as depth players (13/14th F, 7th D, backup goalie) suggests one or both of Peverley and Boychuk could be made available. What would the Bruins want for one/both? I should note both players have a limited NTC where they can list 15 teams. Chris Kelly has a full NTC so I didn't bother adding him as I can't see him wanting to leave a perennial cup contender. What are these guys worth considering the situation?
I think Kelly has some value around the league. He started this year slow, got injured and never really got it together. 34GP 3G 6A -8. Last year he played all 82 with 20g and 19a. With a +16. If I were a team in a division with lethal power plays. Like Pitt and Washington. Kelly is going to help you win those games. I would think the Isles have to be interested in him.

B's can't trade Peverley until they have Horton signed. Really short on right-handed shots on the wing if Horton walks. Just Seguin, Thornton and Peverley.

I'd hate to trade Boychuk. Hoping the B's can deal Peverley and Kelly. If you're short a wing at the deadline, a lot easier to acquire one than a defenseman.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Fastasaurus

Keep Boychuk, Trade Peverly if needed. No trading Kelly, he's legit!

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I think the Jets would have interest in Peverley. He provides good versatility. They could use him as a 2nd line RW and take face offs too. He's a good PKer, face off man, can put up points, solid defensively and adds a veteran winning presence to the roster. Those are all things that the Jets could use. The Jets seem to be trying to mimic a Boston type system, so I think Peverley would fit in well. I'm sure he could be had for a 2nd rounder + late pick (4th/5th). I know the Jets have 3 2nd rounders (#'s 43, 59 comp and 60/61) IMO Boston would prefer to take picks if they trade him, since they want to reduce salary and recover a decent pick or 2.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I'd also keep Boychuk and look to move Kelly instead.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:23 PM
nmbr_24

Like others have said, I would keep Boychuk and trade Peverley.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:24 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
would need major overpayment to acquire Boychuk

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
I think Kelly has some value around the league. He started this year slow, got injured and never really got it together. 34GP 3G 6A -8. Last year he played all 82 with 20g and 19a. With a +16. If I were a team in a division with lethal power plays. Like Pitt and Washington. Kelly is going to help you win those games. I would think the Isles have to be interested in him.
I wasn't saying anything about Kelly's value, I'd love him to be Horcoff's replacement after we buy him out. I said he won't be going anywhere because he has a full NTC. Even if he was who the B's wanted to shed (which I don't think he is), they have zero say in the matter. It would be up to him, and why would he want to play anywhere else?

As for Peverley and getting him on the Oil, what is fair value? ANH 2nd (56th pick)?

Old
06-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

What would Boston want for Kelly?

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
jokerboysmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I wasn't saying anything about Kelly's value, I'd love him to be Horcoff's replacement after we buy him out. I said he won't be going anywhere because he has a full NTC. Even if he was who the B's wanted to shed (which I don't think he is), they have zero say in the matter. It would be up to him, and why would he want to play anywhere else?

As for Peverley and getting him on the Oil, what is fair value? ANH 2nd (56th pick)?
I think the second and a prospect (not sure who) could fetch Peverly.

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post
I think the second and a prospect (not sure who) could fetch Peverly.
Add Pitlick or Hartikainen?

Old
06-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

I'd love for Dallas to acquire Boychuk. How much do you want for him?

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Lander for Peverley or something related around those two. Lander would be a pretty good prospect in return for Peverley, maybe just because Im a big fan of Lander. Krejci-Bergeron-Lander-Campbell would be pretty good.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
I'd love for Dallas to acquire Boychuk. How much do you want for him?
Cant see Boychuk getting moved. The bruins will let go of jagr and ference, and trade kelly and peverley before boychuk gets traded.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Cant see Boychuk getting moved. The bruins will let go of jagr and ference, and trade kelly and peverley before boychuk gets traded.
Oh, I realize he won't/shouldn't be moved, I'm just wondering if he is, what his value is.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 04:38 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Peverley will be too hard to move without getting back salary in a trade, see that happened with Jokinen in regards to the Pens Canes trade.

Bruins might have to buy him out, and trade Boychuck and/Kelley with no or minimal money back, if they want to re sign Horton, who is going to cost 5.5 or more(his base salary this year)

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
What would Boston want for Kelly?
I think he can be had for a mid-round pick. Have to shed salary to sign Tuukka. Even if Boston doesn't sign Horton, Peverley fits their needs better than Kelly. I think Ryan Spooner or Soderberg can play C next year. The other plays LW. And, if one of them doesn't cut it. Caron or Daugavins could play that LW. Don't really have a right-handed shot ready to go if they lose Peverley and Horton. Hoping for Jared Knight in a year so. Don't want to go into next year counting on him though.

Once Tuukka is signed and you're discussing with Horton what he wants. If it's workable trade Peverley. If not, keep him. The Bruins would much rather have Horton. But, cap may not allow. If Horton can be signed if they move Peverley, they will move Peverley. Depends what Tuukka gets. Cuz he's gonna get paid. And, then what Horton would settle for.

Old
06-09-2013, 06:03 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
Oh, I realize he won't/shouldn't be moved, I'm just wondering if he is, what his value is.
He is a good #3 defenseman who can play on the top pairing and eat up huge minutes, I think it would take a lot to get him.

I think he is pretty easily worth more than what Luke Schenn was worth in trade.

Old
06-09-2013, 06:12 PM
bigbadbruins1

With savaged going to ltir bruins would have ~ 9.8 in cap space. Tuukka will take 5-6 m and dealing pecs would free up enough space for Horton. That still leaves ference as an odd man out and I think with the emergence of Krug bartkowski and to a lesser degree Hamilton the bruins will have to shed 1-2 defenders, so ference and ???

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 06:29 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
With savaged going to ltir bruins would have ~ 9.8 in cap space. Tuukka will take 5-6 m and dealing pecs would free up enough space for Horton. That still leaves ference as an odd man out and I think with the emergence of Krug bartkowski and to a lesser degree Hamilton the bruins will have to shed 1-2 defenders, so ference and ???
Chara-Hamilton
Boychuk-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Bartkowski

Where they play in the lineup may change, but they will need 7 defenders and that looks like a pretty good group there.

Old
06-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Chara-Hamilton
Boychuk-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Bartkowski

Where they play in the lineup may change, but they will need 7 defenders and that looks like a pretty good group there.
The only change I would consider. Let's say the B's don't re-up Nathan Horton. Deal Kelly but keep Peverley. They could include McQuaid in the package with Kelly in order to get a better player or prospect. Use the savings towards re-signing Ference. Keeps that 3-4 pair together. Ference-Boychuk. Bring Krug and Hamilton along as your 5-6 with Seids/Chara playing together all of the time.

I think you'd have about 4m for Ference and a RW.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:12 AM
don

I'm thinking that Bartkowski or Krug get traded before Ference.......if at all. Also, it would not surprise me if Horton is signed cheaper than most here think because of his injury history.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 09:46 AM
trick9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I'm thinking that Bartkowski or Krug get traded before Ference.......if at all. Also, it would not surprise me if Horton is signed cheaper than most here think because of his injury history.
Ference will be UFA and could be asking for too much for Boston to keep him.

trick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Could the Isles first interest the Bruins for Boychuk?

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote