HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
and who are you planning to trade for stewart..?
The discussion on the big board and the one most of us are referring to is....

Plekanec

for

C.Stewart + 2nd 2013

Old
06-09-2013, 01:12 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
The discussion on the big board and the one most of us are referring to is....

Plekanec

for

C.Stewart + 2nd 2013
i know

Old
06-09-2013, 01:15 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
There was an article in the Sun here about Iginla and the dilemma he faces next season. Sign for cheap (3M or less) with an established contender or take more money to sign elsewhere. Not sure I want him on the Habs, but he would be an upgrade over what we had in Ryder.
He's slowed down significantly. Love the guy, but I don't think he fits with the style the Habs are trying to play.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Sorinth

My dream scenario for this offseason has us getting Myers from Buffalo. He's declined every year since his rookie season, has a big money contract and more importantly a GM on the hot seat. So he might be available. I think he just needs a change of scenery.

Would Desharnais, Diaz, Beaulieu and our 1st do the trick? If Buffalo is seriously considering buying out Leino or Stafford we could also take either of those two as a salary dump.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Leino - Galchenyuk - Prust
Moen - Dumont - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Myers
Emelin - Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Looks pretty good to me and we'd still have nearly 4m in cap space (Which we should save for PK & Eller's raises next year).

Old
06-09-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
My dream scenario for this offseason has us getting Myers from Buffalo. He's declined every year since his rookie season, has a big money contract and more importantly a GM on the hot seat. So he might be available. I think he just needs a change of scenery.

Would Desharnais, Diaz, Beaulieu and our 1st do the trick? If Buffalo is seriously considering buying out Leino or Stafford we could also take either of those two as a salary dump.

Moen - Dumont - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Myers
Emelin - Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Looks pretty good to me and we'd still have nearly 4m in cap space (Which we should save for PK & Eller's raises next year).
Horrible trade and does not improve our team. Lordy.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post

Moen - Dumont - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Myers
Emelin - Bouillon

Price
Budaj

I'm with 1993 on this. Myers isn't worth nearly as much as what you're willing to throw away. I think Bergevin has far different ideas. You'll see.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Rockettrudel

Please Bergevin sign one of Dupuis,Elias,Bickel,Stalberg or Clarkson. Also i hope he is ggonna tradeDiaz or Markov and trade Desharnais or Gionta. We have to get bigger.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:30 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Stalberg has Mtl written all over him, I think Bickell is going to re-sign but Hawks are going to let Stalberg go, and I remember hearing MB saying he wants a young fast team, and out of all the UFA, Dupuis, Clowe etc, Stalberg is one of the fastest and is still young at 27, I see Habs signing him to a 3-4 year deal for 3M

Old
06-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Stalberg has Mtl written all over him, I think Bickell is going to re-sign but Hawks are going to let Stalberg go, and I remember hearing MB saying he wants a young fast team, and out of all the UFA, Dupuis, Clowe etc, Stalberg is one of the fastest and is still young at 27, I see Habs signing him to a 3-4 year deal for 3M
I was hyping him earlier this year, not so sure now. These playoffs were a real negative for him, being scratched and called out by his coach do not make him seem worth 3mil.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:43 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I was hyping him earlier this year, not so sure now. These playoffs were a real negative for him, being scratched and called out by his coach do not make him seem worth 3mil.
Ya that's why I don't see Hawks keeping him, but you can't just look at the playoffs but judge as a whole, because if you do that, you might give Bickel 4- 4.5M

Old
06-09-2013, 03:58 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

I notice alot of trade proposals with gionta mentioned but isn't his bicep rehab going to take him out of the first month or so of the season?

Pleks for Stewart and 2nd seems fair value. I would then pursue a bottom 6 center who can work our pk effectively with eller. Don't see galchenyuk playing center yet, at least that's the impression I get from MB. Last on my wishlist would be bogosian. I'd be happy to pull off a trade and sign deal since he is an rfa but no doubt we would have to give something high value in return. Maybe Burmistrov could be had in the deal as well, I've heard of his troubles but watched him play alot live and he certainly has the skill. (commence size bashing in 3...2...).

Old
06-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
I notice alot of trade proposals with gionta mentioned but isn't his bicep rehab going to take him out of the first month or so of the season?

Pleks for Stewart and 2nd seems fair value. I would then pursue a bottom 6 center who can work our pk effectively with eller. Don't see galchenyuk playing center yet, at least that's the impression I get from MB. Last on my wishlist would be bogosian. I'd be happy to pull off a trade and sign deal since he is an rfa but no doubt we would have to give something high value in return. Maybe Burmistrov could be had in the deal as well, I've heard of his troubles but watched him play alot live and he certainly has the skill. (commence size bashing in 3...2...).
No, Pleks isnt getting traded.

A) He has a NTC
B) This team would fall apart without him. Who do you give the D assignments to? DD? bahahahah good luck

Old
06-09-2013, 04:07 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post

Giving Pleks for a guy like Stewart would be an overpayment, plus it wouldn't make sense for the team.

Old
06-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I wouldn't mind overpaying Bickel to have him.

I would sign

Bickel

Torres

Scuderi

Old
06-09-2013, 04:13 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
No, Pleks isnt getting traded.

A) He has a NTC
B) This team would fall apart without him. Who do you give the D assignments to? DD? bahahahah good luck
Eller should be able to handle that D assignments

One of DD or Plek we going to moved, sooner rather than later..

Plek is by far the better player of the two, but he also gets a way better return.

Old
06-09-2013, 04:16 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

Plek is by far the better player of the two, but he also gets a way better return.
following that logic, maybe peeps should make trade proposals involving Subban instead of Markov or Gallagher instead of Gionta

Old
06-09-2013, 04:24 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

??

Read the post again. It was a comment on the value of the trade, and what I'd like to see happen to take care of the d assignments. He surely is an important part of this team offensive and defensively, but like it or not pleks trade talks will always exist, probably even ramp up even more so than in the past because of the development of Eller and Galchenyuk.

Old
06-09-2013, 04:54 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
following that logic, maybe peeps should make trade proposals involving Subban instead of Markov or Gallagher instead of Gionta
We really don't have an extra dmen similar to Subban or winger like Gallagher to be able to trade them.

What I should have been clear about, was if you trade Plek and get a winger like Ryan for ex, and Eller is able to handle Plek tough minutes, Galy moved to Centre, and have DD play on the 3rd line olaying vs other teams 3rd pairs.

DD can be moved, but we won't be getting anything of value for him, and it's becoming less and less that you can find core guys via free agency, it's either by drafting or by trade, and you have to give to get.

Looking at our team, the only 2 guys that have value that can be replaced to a certain level are Plek(Eller), and maybe Markov (Bealieau as pp qb).

Old
06-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Habiton

Quote:

Eller plays 20 minutes at most, other teams generally have two top lines so you need to somehow compensate for that, who is going to take on those assignments? If we get a guy like Malholtra them I'm all for it or if we sign a guy like Boyd Gordon and another one equivalent to him then again sign me up. DD needs to be sheltered and taking away Pleks is removing one of the best shelters in the league.

Old
06-09-2013, 05:17 PM
habsrule22

would molson consider taking dipietro as long as kaberle and moen went the other way and we got a good young asset in return

Old
06-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Habblues

Stoll

2007 my wife and I were on a cruise with a very good buddy of Jarred Stoll`s.....He`s always wanted to play in Montreal but has never been as much as inquired about by the Habs......Man he is sooo good on faceoffs and a fantastic team mate....Love to see him here.

Old
06-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
would molson consider taking dipietro as long as kaberle and moen went the other way and we got a good young asset in return
Walking into Molson's office and asking for $36M to pay for a "good young asset" is asking to be fired. Nobody is going to make that ask. Nobody.

Old
06-09-2013, 06:50 PM
BigHabs

FORWARDS

Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Viktor Stalberg ($2.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / David Desharnais ($3.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / David Steckel ($0.950m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
Eric Nystrom ($0.950m) / Ryan White ($0.650m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Raphael Diaz ($1.225m) / Rob Scuderi ($2.350m)
Mark Fistric ($1.250m) / Francis Bouillon ($1.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)

OTHER

Buyout: Tomas Kaberle ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,903,333; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $1,881,667

Re-Sign

Ryan White 2yrs (650k/per)

Sign

Viktor Stalberg 4yrs (2.5mill/per)
Eric Nystrom 2yrs (950k/per)
Rob Scuderi 2yrs (2.35mill/per)
Mark Fistric 2yrs (1.25mill/per)
Dave Steckel 1yr (950k/per)

Old
06-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I just really wish DD only got a 1 year deal, sigh.

Old
06-09-2013, 07:17 PM
jake08

Value Of Iginla To Montreal

Rumors circling around that montreal may be one of the teams iginla would sign with this year. Obviously I am just kicking tires, but I am curious as to what people's opinions would be on signing iginla. Obviously he's regressed but if he comes at around 3-3.5 million for a couple years, I'd be all over it. Leadership skills, big body, still has the ability to play in the top 6. I don't know I'd consider it, especially considering DD is signed at 3.5 million. It also just occurred to me that he could be a pretty good replacement for Gionta, Gionta is much smaller, bigger contract most likely. similar leadership abilities, its definitely intriguing.

Closed Thread