1. Colorado - Seth Jones - D
2. Florida - Nathan Mackinnon - C
3. Tampa Bay - Jonathan Drouin - LW
4. Nashville - Sasha Barkov - C
5. Carolina - Valery Nichushkin - F
6. Calgary- Elias Lindholm - C
7. Edmonton - Sean Monahan - C
8. Buffalo - Darnell Nurse - D
9. New Jersey - Hunter Shinkaruk - F
10. Dallas - Rasmus Ristolainen - D
11. Philadelphia - Nikita Zadorov - D
12. Phoenix - Max Domi - C
13. Winnipeg - Bo Harvat - C
14. Columbus - Curtis Lazar - C
15. NY Islanders - Ryan Pulock - D
16. Buffalo (from MIN) - Alexander Wennberg - C
next to add: J.Compher, M.Bowey, M.Klimchuk, J.Dickinson, C.Bigras, D.Heatherington, M.McCarron, R.Hartman, A.Lehkonen, P.Buchnevich, Z.Nastasiuk, S.Theodore, E.Poirier, W.Carrier, J.Lodge
Lehner- Andersso have the goaltending position locked down for the next 15+ years.
Originally Posted by Senz
so your saying andy's gonna play untill hes 47
i think we have andy locked down for another 2 years, and if he's still starter or 1B material he'll likely re-sign.
Lehner has another 5 years under team control i think and needs a new contract next summer.
Beyond that we have Dreidger and Brassard, who are probably 3-4 years away from being NHL ready, if they survive as prospects through the AHL.
basically, with lehner already established as the goalie of the future, now is not the time to go after another one. Maybe a couple of years from now, when andy`s time is winding down (like boston did with subban when thomas was done). Just draft another mid-to-late round goalie this year to keep depth in the system and hope to luck out.
If there is one thing ottawa is looking for this year, it`s probably boom/bust offensive talent, given the system has tons of depth and alfie's gone either this summer or next and spezza's not getting any younger.
I went with Zkyov over Mantha and Rychel, but it might be awfully hard for ottawa to pass up a defensive talent like morin even if our system doesnt really need him.