HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

What happened to the great Ovechkin??

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Kev88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachoo
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ovechkin register 5 goals and 2 assists this tournament in only 5 games played? How is that horrible?
I really agree.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Funny how an Ovechkin thread has turned into a Kovalchuk thread.

Old
01-06-2004, 08:37 AM
THE NEXT ONE #87

I think It's a bit to early to compare Ovechkin with Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk is a Superstar in the NHL. Ovechkin?

I don't think Ovechkin will be better than Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk is the better playmaker and has the better vision.

I believe Kovalchuk made a great progress under Heatley so far and he has his defensive play improved!
He's a real Power Forward 6'2 230!
Great Stickhandling, fast, huge shoot! And he's getting better! He improves... his play every night!

Old
01-06-2004, 08:45 AM
hawksfan50

1.This was not a deep Russian team --and very mediocre at the back-end..result could not control/dominate games...
To expect Ovechkin to double his decent production with this group is unreasonable...he di as well as coulkd be expected...

2. The article on the HF mainpage states that the Russoan team had Pestunov centring for Ovechkin--not Malkin........one might have thought the Russians would have gone with one SUPERLINE of Ovechkin,Malkin Semin given the mediocrity of the rest of their team--but their coaches obviously did not want that pressure on the 17 yr old Malkin....one must remember the old adage that the WJHC U-20 is a "19 year old's tournament" = case proven by the USA squad (heavily weighted with 19 year olds) ........Given the NHL lock-out scenario next season--expect Ovechkin and Malkin to both be on the Russian squad next WJHC U-20 and probably leading them to challenge Canada for it all...

Old
01-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

A lot of Kovalchuk's assists come off rebound goals from his original shot. I think he is more of a playmaker/goal-scorer than a passer. Not dumping on his passing ability, just saying that he creates so much space and commands so much attention when he has the puck, that rebounds and other areas of the ice are opened up considerably for his linemates. Thus, a playmaker without necessarily having to dish the puck out to his linemates.

Closed Thread