HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: the new less than jake cd...

Old
10-11-2006, 10:47 AM
oop007*

vCash: 500
OT: the new less than jake cd...

Don't know if ne1 here listens to LTJ at all, but their new cd was horrible. Was wondering what ne1 else thought.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:51 AM
!nkubus

I was a fan of LTJ back then when they played some songs like Johny's Quest (the original one) and Just Like Frank, but after that ,all their new cd were kinda boring. I didn't listen to the new one though.

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 10:53 AM
oop007*

Honestly, Losing Streak and Hello Rockview, good cds. Borders and Boundaries = meh, Anthem = some good songs but meh, new cd = horrible

Old
10-11-2006, 10:56 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Honestly, Losing Streak and Hello Rockview, good cds. Borders and Boundaries = meh, Anthem = some good songs but meh, new cd = horrible
Totally agree

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:00 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I think it's pretty good. First time I heard, i was "bof" but the more I listened the more I liked.

It's pretty obvious that if you like the old stuff (before Hello Rockview - more ska), your chances of liking the new stuff are pretty slim. You have to listen to it as if it was a new band you just discovered. Otherwise, yeah, the last CD might suck to you.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 11:11 AM
oop007*

I do agree with your point cold, and I know bands change and such. But it's funny how every time a good underground band goes onto a mainstream label (90% of the time), they become really crappy, repetative and all the songs sound the same. I didn't find the quality too great either(of the sound). I'm more into the ska/ska-punk kinda thing. LTJ just isn't LTJ without the ska. They aren't ska-punk or a mix of ska or punk anymore. More pop-rock then anything. And all though I like some pop-rock bands, LTJ just doesn't cut it for me as a pop-rock band. Ska bands should stay ska bands. It's impossible to make it as a ska band (practically) so if your going mainstream, either stay ska and have no popularity but still sound good, or change your style and risk it losing your popularity and your musics sound.

Old
10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
IcE ColD

Quote:
I do agree with your point cold, and I know bands change and such. But it's funny how every time a good underground band goes onto a mainstream label (90% of the time), they become really crappy, repetative and all the songs sound the same. I didn't find the quality too great either(of the sound). I'm more into the ska/ska-punk kinda thing. LTJ just isn't LTJ without the ska. They aren't ska-punk or a mix of ska or punk anymore. More pop-rock then anything. And all though I like some pop-rock bands, LTJ just doesn't cut it for me as a pop-rock band. Ska bands should stay ska bands. It's impossible to make it as a ska band (practically) so if your going mainstream, either stay ska and have no popularity but still sound good, or change your style and risk it losing your popularity and your musics sound.
I agree with you, I hate when bands go major (Atlantic Records in this case), but what can we do. I still enjoy LTJ, but I see the band as two different incarnations, pre-Hello Rockview and post-Hello Rockview. It is really unfortunate, they don't seem to notice they're losing die-hard fans, but such band consciously make these decisions. The only thing we can do to show 'em our disagreement towards such "evolution" is stop listening to them.

And you're right. You can't possibly be ska or punk rock and go mainstream. Ska is not mainstream and for punk rock, well when a punk rock album make it to mainstream, you can automatically be assured that the next album(s) from that same band will be more Pop Punk/Pop Rock than anything else.

Old
10-11-2006, 12:11 PM
oop007*

Dude, the record labels at that far in the game pretty much force u to make whatever they feel. It's like "you signed a contract, too bad".

Old
10-11-2006, 12:55 PM
IcE ColD

Quote:
Dude, the record labels at that far in the game pretty much force u to make whatever they feel. It's like "you signed a contract, too bad".
I know that. Answer : Just don't sign to a darn major. As simple as that.

Vinnie owns Fueled By Ramen... and LTJ did Borders and Boundaries on Fat Wreck Chords. So they don't have any excuses but to make more money.

They toured with Bon Jovi, so I guess it makes it pretty obvious...

Old
10-11-2006, 12:56 PM
oop007*

Yeah, I liked it when they were on fat. I feel bad for Fat Mike, all his good bands sell out on him...

Old
10-11-2006, 01:42 PM
ohiohabsfan

Is this CD better or worse than the new Killers CD?

ohiohabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
oop007*

Considering it's a band that used to be soooo much better then the killers, for them to go and put out something as bland and crap as their new cd, i'd say it's only better then the killers because it's LTJ. Bottom line tho, Killers have always been crap from day one. LTJ used to be good and became crappy.

Old
10-11-2006, 02:31 PM
IcE ColD

Quote:
Yeah, I liked it when they were on fat. I feel bad for Fat Mike, all his good bands sell out on him...
Well... he keeps on signing sucky bands these last years. I'm more old school (Lagwagon, Good Riddance, NUFAN, NOFX, Strung Out), so what do I know..?

Old
10-11-2006, 02:32 PM
oop007*

All the bands you mentioned are some of my faves. Lagwagon not so much no more but even NUFAN i gave a listen again recently. NoFx for ****ing SHOOOOO.