HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Joe Lamb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
On a bright light down on the farm team, Hamilton Bulldogs will have some new faces to start the 2013 - 2014 season. The Bulldogs could start the season with an All - Rookie line of LW - Archambault - C - Hudon - RW - Kristo. At first glance this line looks like it could use some speed, but when they hit the ice their will be no other line in the AHL that can come close to it. A formidable scoring line if ever the fans in Hamilton have had one over the last few seasons.

The fans in Hamilton are overdue for some output to cheer about, otherwise the team may find the opponents being cheered instead of the home team. Either that or there may not be anyone there to cheer any teams on.
A little overdramatic maybe. One flaw in your thinking, Hudon was born in June,1994 so next year he starts with the Habs or its back to junior until the season is over.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Scotianhab

Going forward into next season for Hamilton I see the following players there.

Forwards - Bournival, Holland, Quailer, Leblanc, Kristo, Lefebvre, Dumont, Nattinen.

Defense - Ellis, Nygren, Dietz, Beaulieu, Pateryn

Goalies - Tokarski, Condon, Delmas

Thrower, Pribyl & Colberg are possible as well.

Our goalies are set, Defense needs a veteran, and we need a couple of veteran forwards.

I believe Tinordi starts the year in Montreal.

Old
05-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Mayer might be staying, so that would indicate to me at least that if he does one of him, or Tokarski will be dealt.

Hopefully dealt and the habs don't let Tokarski go.

Old
05-24-2013, 07:14 PM
niftymove

Quote:
Mayer might be staying, so that would indicate to me at least that if he does one of him, or Tokarski will be dealt.

Hopefully dealt and the habs don't let Tokarski go.
I would be really surprised to see Mayer Dealt by the Habs. He didnt change his mind and come back in NA, unless some positive negociations took place with the Habs.
Remember who was goalie #2 for the last games in the Habs playoffs......

Old
05-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
I would be really surprised to see Mayer Dealt by the Habs. He didnt change his mind and come back in NA, unless some positive negociations took place with the Habs.
Remember who was goalie #2 for the last games in the Habs playoffs......
Yeah, but they could have promised to deal him to another team.

Personally I'd be a little mad with dealing away Tokarski to retain Mayer.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:22 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

yeah where's all the speculation coming from that the Habs want nothing to do with Tokarski? Maybe Tokarski was injured when Mayer was our #2.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
yeah where's all the speculation coming from that the Habs want nothing to do with Tokarski? Maybe Tokarski was injured when Mayer was our #2.
That's a possibility.

Tokarksi is better and should be the number 1 in Hamilton and first call up. Why the habs feel the need to do everything to hold onto Mayer is beyond me.

Furthermore, you don't sign a guy and then send him to the ECHL. Also, our ECHL team is shared with Pittsburgh, so you know they're going to have 1 goalie there.

ECHL: Delmas + Pittsburgh's goalie.
AHL: Tokarski + Condon
NHL Price + Budaj

Old
05-27-2013, 04:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Going forward into next season for Hamilton I see the following players there.

Forwards - Bournival, Holland, Quailer, Leblanc, Kristo, Lefebvre, Dumont, Nattinen.

Defense - Ellis, Nygren, Dietz, Beaulieu, Pateryn

Goalies - Tokarski, Condon, Delmas

Thrower, Pribyl & Colberg are possible as well.

Our goalies are set, Defense needs a veteran, and we need a couple of veteran forwards.

I believe Tinordi starts the year in Montreal.
That looks about right. Dumont will need to clear waivers to play in Hamilton so he might stick with the Habs. Thrower could still be in the mix, perhaps Stejskal is brought back for depth, we'll see when the QO deadline approaches (not sure when it is this year)

With Emelin out to start the season at this point, I would assume Tinordi is in the NHL unless someone else steals the job away at camp.

Quote:

possible, but from what it sounds like, the Habs want Mayer to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
If Tokarski were injured he likely wouldn't have been with the black aces. As far as I know he wasn't injured, unless something happened in his final game and the Habs didn't want to take any chances with him. Guess we'll hear more as the off-season progresses.

Quote:
ECHL: Delmas + Pittsburgh's goalie.
AHL: Tokarski + Condon
NHL Price + Budaj
that's what I thought the organizational goaltending chart would have looked like for next season but the rumors of bringing back Mayer just confound me and throws a wrench into what things will look like for next season.

Old
06-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Wandering Maroon

Next Year's Hamilton Bulldogs

I know that our focus is on the Habs but success at the AHL level eventually turns into success at the NHL level - Senators, Bruins,Leafs (to a certain degree) all had good AHL teams. Look back to the 86 Habs that were stacked with guys who won in Sherbrooke (Roy, Lemieux, Corson)

Assuming Leblanc, Dumont and Tinordi make the team out of camp (highly unlikely but possible), and we don't know if they'll renew Blunden, Schultz, Delmas & Stejkal

Here's what we can expect:

G Mayer or Tokarski
Condon

D Ellis, Beaulieu
Nygren, Pateryn
Dietz, Corbin
F Bournival, Holland, Quailer
Nattinen, Kristo, Lefebvre
???
???

MB has to make some kind of minor league depth trade to get some bodies into Hamilton or they're finishing last again.

Old
06-07-2013, 08:17 AM
deandebean

Just sayin' but Syracuse, who's in the finals, have toons of locals in it. I wonder how they are doing on an individual basis.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Just sayin' but Syracuse, who's in the finals, have toons of locals in it. I wonder how they are doing on an individual basis.
The have a few but:
http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

Had they made the playoffs, the Dogs had more that were actually regulars on the team:

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

Gabriel Dumont
Michael Bournival
Louis Leblanc
Frederic St-Denis
Alex Belzile
and likely Charles Hudon/Olivier Fortier
+ coaching staff

Old
06-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Guilliam

For all we know they might even draft some overagers who could step in the line-up right away.

Old
06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
For all we know they might even draft some overagers who could step in the line-up right away.
With the amount of contract spots we have open that's what I'm anticipating with one of our thirds and the 6th/7th rounders.

Old
06-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
With the amount of contract spots we have open that's what I'm anticipating with one of our thirds and the 6th/7th rounders.
Yeah I'd expect it more with a 6th or 7th rounder than in the third but you never know.

I'd also expect them to bring Belzile back and sign a couple of FAs out of Junior.

Old
06-07-2013, 03:58 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Maroon View Post
I know that our focus is on the Habs but success at the AHL level eventually turns into success at the NHL level - Senators, Bruins,Leafs (to a certain degree) all had good AHL teams. Look back to the 86 Habs that were stacked with guys who won in Sherbrooke (Roy, Lemieux, Corson)

Assuming Leblanc, Dumont and Tinordi make the team out of camp (highly unlikely but possible), and we don't know if they'll renew Blunden, Schultz, Delmas & Stejkal

G Mayer or Tokarski
Condon

D Ellis, Beaulieu
Nygren, Pateryn
Dietz, Corbin
???
???

MB has to make some kind of minor league depth trade to get some bodies into Hamilton or they're finishing last again.
Leblanc is not going to make it out of training camp, Tenute and Blunden could be back and so could Belzile. Thrower also has a chance to make the team and Drewiske could stay in the organization.

Depending on how it plays out the team might only need to sign one or two veteran leaders to round out the roster. It's a little early to panic.

Old
06-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Leblanc is not going to make it out of training camp, Tenute and Blunden could be back and so could Belzile. Thrower also has a chance to make the team and Drewiske could stay in the organization.

Depending on how it plays out the team might only need to sign one or two veteran leaders to round out the roster. It's a little early to panic.
Tenute already signed in Europe. Also Belzile is 21 years old. He's not a veteran in any sense.

Old
06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Guilliam

Quote:

Didn't Tenute sign in Europe recently?

As far as Leblanc goes, I wouldn't rule out him being with the Habs at the start of the season if he outplays all the other prospects at camp.

Drewiske could be re-sign but I think he would get claimed if he goes through waivers. Also it's not really the defense who's problematic, we got Beaulieu, Pateryn, Ellis, Nygren, Dietz, maybe Thrower, maybe Stejskal can be re-sign and it could be a good idea to add a good vet or two.

There's a lot of spots open at forward though...

Old
06-07-2013, 05:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Maroon View Post

G Mayer or Tokarski
Condon

D Ellis, Beaulieu
Nygren, Pateryn
Dietz, Corbin
???
???

Looks like the Habs will have a few open contract spots, so I assume they have a plan after not signing guys like Pribyl, Archambault, Walsh. Getting some vets though should come in the off-season.

Leblanc I would be very surprised to see him make the Habs out of camp, Dumont we'll see how it goes for him and what the roster looks like, Tinordi I would prefer to see him get more time in the AHL but I could see them just going with him until Emelin is back. Also Delmas is under contract for next season already, I would bring back Blunden for sure, would be a good depth player for Hamilton, Schultz I assume he's gone and Stjeskal i'm not sure, I'd bring him back as he would be a good 7th D for the Dogs or ECHL depth if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Perhaps 1 pick could be used. I would be interested in Christopher Gibson since he's going back in the draft and can play in the AHL next year.

Quote:

I don't see Leblanc on the Habs either, unless he has an unreal camp or injuries hit hard. Tenute is going to the SEL, Blunden I hope they do bring back. Belzile I would sign but I haven't heard anything on him yet. I do think Thrower will be a pro either AHL or ECHL (as they might not want to repeat having such a inexperienced D again)

Old
06-09-2013, 11:11 PM
finman8

Hope Tokarski stays, Syracuse crying they don't have him right now. Cedric let in 6 goals tonight and they are down 0-2 in series. They'd be up 2 games with Tic. Good trade for HAbs

Old
06-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by finman8 View Post
Hope Tokarski stays, Syracuse crying they don't have him right now. Cedric let in 6 goals tonight and they are down 0-2 in series. They'd be up 2 games with Tic. Good trade for HAbs
We all hope he stays, too.

Mayer sucks.

Old
06-10-2013, 07:49 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Not very likely to draft an overager, but there are three forwards from the WHL's Spokane Chiefs that could really help.

They are;

RW - Blake Gal - 6'1" - 200 lbs.
C - Mike Aviani - 5'11" - 195 lbs.
LW - Todd Fiddler - 5'11" - 210 lbs.

These guys do it all score, check, stick up for teammates and they aren't goons. Just hard working hockey players. They might want to sign Brendan Kichton as well he'd be great for the PP and maybe Beaulieu at the same time.

LD - Brendan Kichton - 6'0"-195 lbs.

All former Spokane Chiefs.

Old
06-11-2013, 04:28 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by finman8 View Post
It will be interesting to see what the Habs have in mind for Tokarski, hope he's back.

Old
06-13-2013, 06:21 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It will be interesting to see what the Habs have in mind for Tokarski, hope he's back.
I agree 100% Tokarski should be Top Dog in the nets for Hamilton, unless the Habs draft Juuse Saros or Hogberg from Europe.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:54 AM
CaptainC

I just saw that Vail played 12 games with the Dogs at the end of the season and got 4 pts and +/- 2 on a team that was terrible this year. Does anybody know how he looked out there? Could he impress next year?

Old
06-13-2013, 01:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
I just saw that Vail played 12 games with the Dogs at the end of the season and got 4 pts and +/- 2 on a team that was terrible this year. Does anybody know how he looked out there? Could he impress next year?
He was ok, he'll be back in the OHL next year.

Closed Thread