HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Lines when healthy

Old
05-22-2013, 01:47 AM
florida pwnthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
hoping weiss can resign for something around 4years at 5per/20mil or 5-6years at 4.75per/23.75-28.5

personally i dont give him over 5per, hes not worth it. especially if we're drafting mackinnon. we'd have mac, goc still, along with bjugstad and shore, not to mention trocheck. plus theres free agency. he's played on the top line, playing in all situations and with the best wingers we have and still doesnt put up outstanding numbers. he can barely break 20G and 60PTS. look at what st.louis does with the lightning, i know he plays with stamkos but he's always been amazing, he makes 5.65per with them. if we lose weiss then obviously mac wont immediately start on the first line, neither would bjugstad or shore, so we'd have to sign a ufa center to fill the void for at least 1 season.
trocheck will probably transition to wing, however, knight should remain C.

could always try to sign brad richards for a year overpriced á la semin in canes

florida pwnthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:29 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Completely confused by this opinion.
He is trolling, just look at the two posts he has in the our forum.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Killerinstinct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
He is trolling, just look at the two posts he has in the our forum.
I wasn´t sober when i posted that. Change Bjugstad to Weiss and it´s looking like a good lineup. But maybe Trocheck and Grimaldi doesn´t be good on a 4th line, maybe in a second or third line they fit better.

Killerinstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
I wasn´t sober when i posted that. Change Bjugstad to Weiss and it´s looking like a good lineup. But maybe Trocheck and Grimaldi doesn´t be good on a 4th line, maybe in a second or third line they fit better.
No worries. It's kind of funny to see things people post when they're drunk.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
hockey dude

Quote:
hoping weiss can resign for something around 4years at 5per/20mil or 5-6years at 4.75per/23.75-28.5

personally i dont give him over 5per, hes not worth it. especially if we're drafting mackinnon. we'd have mac, goc still, along with bjugstad and shore, not to mention trocheck. plus theres free agency. he's played on the top line, playing in all situations and with the best wingers we have and still doesnt put up outstanding numbers. he can barely break 20G and 60PTS. look at what st.louis does with the lightning, i know he plays with stamkos but he's always been amazing, he makes 5.65per with them. if we lose weiss then obviously mac wont immediately start on the first line, neither would bjugstad or shore, so we'd have to sign a ufa center to fill the void for at least 1 season.
Trochek, Mackinnon, Bjugstad, Shore pretty much all unproven at the NHL level. I assume you have traded for Matthias; did you get a better UFA center to replace him? Also have trouble believing Tallon will offer Weiss much more than a two year contract. Therefore don't expect him to resign.

hockey dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
Trochek, Mackinnon, Bjugstad, Shore pretty much all unproven at the NHL level. I assume you have traded for Matthias; did you get a better UFA center to replace him? Also have trouble believing Tallon will offer Weiss much more than a two year contract. Therefore don't expect him to resign.
I doubt Tallon offers Weiss only a two year deal. He wants to return, and Tallon has said he would like to return, so if the price is right, I see him getting a 4-5 year deal. He is only 30 years old, and even in a couple of years, when, a hopeful Panther, MacKinnon is ready to take over the top line, Weiss will still be a productive 2nd line center.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
i feel like drew shore is ready
If you mean ready as in NHL-ready, then yeah sorta...for 4th line duty. If you mean ready as in top 6 ready, then no...no he's not truly ready. He could use a little more time in the AHL to keep developing the offensive game a bit more.
Quote:

I dont think Weiss is gonna agree to a deal at 5M/yr because he could get at least that on the open market. Moreover, he's going to want a long term deal and I dont see him doing just 4 yrs. Even if we draft MacKinnon, we need to maintain the depth at center. Weiss would at least give us 2 top 6 centers until one of Bjugstad and/or Shore are established NHLers. Even as those 2 establish themselves, Weiss would fit in fine as a 3rd line center and eventually a 4th liner as he gets older.

You mention Goc but he's only signed thru next season, and I can see him able to cash in via free agency more than what we will pay him (especially since we have Shore & Bjugstad). Trocheck, as others have said, could potentially be a winger but he's got a lot to prove at the professional level before you factor him in to the lineup.

As far as Weiss not being able to break 60pts, I think people are not really understanding what a top 30 center in the NHL does point-wise. Last yr, Weiss with 57 pts was good enough for 22nd in the entire league among centers in scoring. That means he's at least a top 6 center on just about every team in the league. For the last several yrs, he's been underpaid and he's going to want to get paid as a free agent. With the free agent pool very limited (as I've shown), there's not much better than him out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
could always try to sign brad richards for a year overpriced á la semin in canes
You assume Richards is gonna be bought out this summer and thats not something you can count on. The Rangers have the cap space this summer to still carry him next season. They could just as easily try to trade him next yr before they try to buy him out and I could see some teams being interested in him. And if not, then they can still buy him out after next season with a compliance buyout without it hurting their cap situation. They have 2 summers (this one and next one) to use the 2 compliance buyouts and they have used one on Redden so they may be reluctant to use the other right away.

Also remember that he only wanted to play in NY and that limited where he was going to end up. I dont know that you convince him to come down to FL even on an overpriced deal. I think he would rather stay in a big hockey market than end up with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about with Matthias. I guess you're assuming that he is traded because he wasnt mentioned in the previous group of players. Thats a possibility but I think the point was that we have a lot of depth with Bjugstad & Shore probably capable of filling a center role on the team soon and with MacKinnon as well, that leaves very little space for other guys in the lineup.

Tallon is going to be smart and will negotiate with Weiss to get a good deal for both sides. I seriously doubt Tallon only offers up a 2 yr deal because there's no way Weiss would go for that, he'd just leave then. Tallon is probably trying to get him to come down from a max length (8 yr) or anything longer than a 5 yr deal then work out numbers. Keep in mind that while Weiss' cap hit this yr was still only $3.1M, his actual salary was $4.1M and with the lockout, he lost some of that money. I think he's going to have to get a deal over $5M at the bare minimum regardless of where he signs.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:26 PM
florida pwnthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
If you mean ready as in NHL-ready, then yeah sorta...for 4th line duty. If you mean ready as in top 6 ready, then no...no he's not truly ready. He could use a little more time in the AHL to keep developing the offensive game a bit more.I dont think Weiss is gonna agree to a deal at 5M/yr because he could get at least that on the open market. Moreover, he's going to want a long term deal and I dont see him doing just 4 yrs. Even if we draft MacKinnon, we need to maintain the depth at center. Weiss would at least give us 2 top 6 centers until one of Bjugstad and/or Shore are established NHLers. Even as those 2 establish themselves, Weiss would fit in fine as a 3rd line center and eventually a 4th liner as he gets older.

You mention Goc but he's only signed thru next season, and I can see him able to cash in via free agency more than what we will pay him (especially since we have Shore & Bjugstad). Trocheck, as others have said, could potentially be a winger but he's got a lot to prove at the professional level before you factor him in to the lineup.

As far as Weiss not being able to break 60pts, I think people are not really understanding what a top 30 center in the NHL does point-wise. Last yr, Weiss with 57 pts was good enough for 22nd in the entire league among centers in scoring. That means he's at least a top 6 center on just about every team in the league. For the last several yrs, he's been underpaid and he's going to want to get paid as a free agent. With the free agent pool very limited (as I've shown), there's not much better than him out there.
You assume Richards is gonna be bought out this summer and thats not something you can count on. The Rangers have the cap space this summer to still carry him next season. They could just as easily try to trade him next yr before they try to buy him out and I could see some teams being interested in him. And if not, then they can still buy him out after next season with a compliance buyout without it hurting their cap situation. They have 2 summers (this one and next one) to use the 2 compliance buyouts and they have used one on Redden so they may be reluctant to use the other right away.

Also remember that he only wanted to play in NY and that limited where he was going to end up. I dont know that you convince him to come down to FL even on an overpriced deal. I think he would rather stay in a big hockey market than end up with us.
I'm not sure what you're talking about with Matthias. I guess you're assuming that he is traded because he wasnt mentioned in the previous group of players. Thats a possibility but I think the point was that we have a lot of depth with Bjugstad & Shore probably capable of filling a center role on the team soon and with MacKinnon as well, that leaves very little space for other guys in the lineup.

Tallon is going to be smart and will negotiate with Weiss to get a good deal for both sides. I seriously doubt Tallon only offers up a 2 yr deal because there's no way Weiss would go for that, he'd just leave then. Tallon is probably trying to get him to come down from a max length (8 yr) or anything longer than a 5 yr deal then work out numbers. Keep in mind that while Weiss' cap hit this yr was still only $3.1M, his actual salary was $4.1M and with the lockout, he lost some of that money. I think he's going to have to get a deal over $5M at the bare minimum regardless of where he signs.
yeah, i forgot to include if he gets bought out i guess. i don't know if any big team would want to gamble on him though. ideally it would be a 1-2 year deal to see what he got. he might want out of a big market since he wasn't successful in one. however i doubt we'll land him

Old
06-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
A bit OT, but I'm trying to get an idea of who the best defensive forward role players are on each team. I tried to set up some criteria to eliminate the more offensive two way guys in the league, and the young up and coming offensive guys.

Basically hoping to get mostly bottom six guys who's main role is strong defensive play, though it's ok if someone is a bit of a tweener on a 2nd line or something. Even if you don't think your team has any strong defensive forwards on the bottom lines, please mention who you think are the best of the group.
  • Player can be a pending UFA - As long as they are currently with your team
  • Player must be 23 years old (as of now) or older - To eliminate young offensive two way players like O'Reilly or Landeskog
  • Player can not have more than two 40 point seasons in the last 7 NHL seasons - To eliminate the Bergeron's and Staal's

If a few of you have time to stop by this thread and add a couple names, that'd be awesome. Try to limit it to the two best guys, but if you feel the need to add more that's fine. Thanks for any info you feel like sharing.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1442643
Anybody mind sharing who you think Florida's best defensive forwards are the bottom six, with the criteria above? Goc? Bergenheim? Somebody else?

The Caps and Panthers are the only teams left that don't have any names listed. Thanks very much for any info.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:21 PM
florida pwnthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Anybody mind sharing who you think Florida's best defensive forwards are the bottom six, with the criteria above? Goc? Bergenheim? Somebody else?

The Caps and Panthers are the only teams left that don't have any names listed. Thanks very much for any info.
goc ainec

e/ he've been 2nd line center for 2 years now though lol

Old
06-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
goc ainec

e/ he've been 2nd line center for 2 years now though lol
Thanks very much.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 12:51 AM
TheFame

I just hope we don't do another Kovalev expirement.

Anyone know if A. Kostitsyn is going to be in the fold this year? I know there was talk of him joining us last season then he kind of dissappeared.

TheFame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFame View Post

Anyone know if A. Kostitsyn is going to be in the fold this year? I know there was talk of him joining us last season then he kind of dissappeared.
Because the Panthers kind of disappeared.

I wish he played center. The Panthers have so many wingers already.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFame View Post

I read on Twitter that he signed a one-year extension with Traktor.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 03:02 PM
ShootIt

Anyone starting to think we might go young( aka cheap) at the center spot this season?

I don't think any center that will be destined to be an UFA is worth the money or term they will be demanding.

If the Panthers draft MacKinnon, I could see:

Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Mueller
Flash-Matthias-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Howden-Shore/Bjugstad-Upshall
Parros
*Maybe mix up the lines, but, those players.

My thought process being that while Shore/Bjugstad/Howden didn't light up the NHL last year, the team will give them a very good shot at playing in the NHL again next year. All 3 are physically ready, and had at least 10 games to see how fast the pace of the NHL is.

Plus, I rather see our drafted guys get a shot, instead of someone like Bozak and force to overpay him to come play here.

Defense, dunno. I bet Kuba will somehow still be here and Jovo going on LTIR to start the season.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Anyone starting to think we might go young( aka cheap) at the center spot this season?

I don't think any center that will be destined to be an UFA is worth the money or term they will be demanding.

If the Panthers draft MacKinnon, I could see:

Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Mueller
Flash-Matthias-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Howden-Shore/Bjugstad-Upshall
Parros
*Maybe mix up the lines, but, those players.

My thought process being that while Shore/Bjugstad/Howden didn't light up the NHL last year, the team will give them a very good shot at playing in the NHL again next year. All 3 are physically ready, and had at least 10 games to see how fast the pace of the NHL is.

Plus, I rather see our drafted guys get a shot, instead of someone like Bozak and force to overpay him to come play here.

Defense, dunno. I bet Kuba will somehow still be here and Jovo going on LTIR to start the season.
Throw Butler on the 4th-line. Howden and Bjugstad should definitely start with SA. It'll pay off in the long run. Shore and Howden sort of paid their dues. But, it wouldn't hurt to start them in SA. Depends on what happens during FA.

Don Tibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
gravenger5

He doesn't have kids...

gravenger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

We may ice something like this come mid-October..

Huberdeau - Shore - Mueller
Flash - Matthias - Versteeg
Bergenheim - Goc - Kopecky
Skille? - Butler - Upshall
Scratch - Parros
(Call ups - Bjugstad, Howden)

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Jones
Weaver - Jovanovski (when is he gonna call it for God's sake )
(Call ups - Strachan, Petrovic)

Markstrom
Theodore?
(Extra - Clemmenson?)

Don Tibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:32 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post

Scratch - Parros

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Jones

Markstrom
Theodore?
(Extra - Clemmenson?)
I don't see them bringing back some of these FA's like Matthias, Skille or Strachan.

PanthersAllDay1225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:35 PM
ShootIt

Why not bring back Matthias?
he's a rfa and this team is weak down the middle

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 05:11 PM
hockey dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
I don't see them bringing back some of these FA's like Matthias, Skille or Strachan.
You don't see them bringing back Matthias. Well maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong. But big centerman who can skate like Matthias are hard to come by. The kid has improved every year he has been in the league and was one of the few players who stepped up last year (tied for second highest goals scored on team). Amazing to me how so many on these boards are so willing to give the likes of Mueller Bjugstad, Shore, Howden a free pass; what the hell have they done? Sure don't resign Matthias but I guarantee you there are 25 better organizations than Florida in the league that would love to have him.

hockey dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 05:12 PM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post

Scratch - Parros

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Jones

Markstrom
Theodore?
(Extra - Clemmenson?)
I can see why you would use the Cs you did since that's basically what we have on hand at this moment but there is no way in hell Tallon goes into the season with us looking that way up the season. It just can't happen that way imo, otherwise I agree with it.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
I can see the lines shaping into something like this...

Huberdeau - Barkov - Mueller
Skille - Shore - Upshall

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Petrovic
Weaver - Jovanovski

Markstrom
Clemmenson

Scratch - Parros

Jeff Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:38 PM
FrolikFan67

right now we got:

Fleischmann-???-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Barkov-???
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Upshall-???-Parros

Campbell-Kuba
Kulikov-Weaver
Gudbranson-Jovanovski

Markstrom*
Clemmensen

* = needs to be resigned (rfa)

top-6 center
top-6 rw
4th line center
resign markstrom

would love to get rid of kuba, doubt it happens though. would like to resign theodore and get rid of clemmensen. next offseason i hope we buyout both jovo and upshall. with jovo, upshall, kuba, and weaver all off the books next off season we'd have a lot of cap cleared up and roster spots open on the D (would rather have petrovic play fulltime this year over jovo or kuba, matheson not too far away), which is important for huberdeau, gudbranson, and kulikovs new contracts on top of other things.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
right now we got:

Fleischmann-???-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Barkov-???
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Upshall-???-Parros

Campbell-Kuba
Kulikov-Weaver
Gudbranson-Jovanovski

Markstrom*
Clemmensen

* = needs to be resigned (rfa)

top-6 center
top-6 rw
4th line center
resign markstrom

would love to get rid of kuba, doubt it happens though. would like to resign theodore and get rid of clemmensen. next offseason i hope we buyout both jovo and upshall. with jovo, upshall, kuba, and weaver all off the books next off season we'd have a lot of cap cleared up and roster spots open on the D (would rather have petrovic play fulltime this year over jovo or kuba, matheson not too far away), which is important for huberdeau, gudbranson, and kulikovs new contracts on top of other things.

Top 6 center: Weiss or Lecavlier
Top 6 winger: Mueller
4th line center: Matthias or Bjugstad

That D pairing you have looks awful.

I'd do:
Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Petrovic
Weaver-Jovo
Kuba
This gives Guds a chance to work with Soupy and gain experience. Kuli and Petro can bang bodies all over the place and hopefully Jovo can be a serviceable Dman along side Weaver.

My reg lines would look like:

Flash-Weiss/Lecavlier-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Barkov-Mueller
Bergy-Goc-Kopecky
Butler-Bjugstad-Matthias

Hoping we can start the season 100% healthy and maintain that throughout the season. That first line was productive in 2011-2012 and I think they can find the chemistry again, even if it means having Lecavlier step in as #1 center. Mueller did well for us and I'm excited to see Hubs and Barkov play on the same line. I think this will be a fun line to watch and hopefully develop into our #1 line ( with or without Mueller)
The 3rd line has tons of spark, grit, scoring, and vet leadership. I like it. The 4th line is a mix of somewhat vets and youth. Matthias is doing great. Bjugstad is coming into his own and I hear good things about Butler. I like Parros when he drops the gloves and protecting the players but I also want us to score more and play in the offensive zone. I wouldn't mind any of Shore or Howden on the squad but no Upshall IMHO.

And bring in Tim Thomas to help Markstrom

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote