HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josef Balej

Old
10-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
My "illiteracy" may be blamed on your posing garbled hypothetical questions that are difficult to decipher, much less respond to.
If an easy hypothetical question is difficult to you then you really need to return to school. The question was really quite simple...Where would you picture Balej if he wasn't traded. I really don't see how that's so ****ing hard to answer.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If an easy hypothetical question is difficult to you then you really need to return to school. The question was really quite simple...Where would you picture Balej if he wasn't traded. I really don't see how that's so ****ing hard to answer.
In short, you're throwing out a ridiculous hypothetical that is imponderable.
You can't answer your own question because there are far too many possibilities. So where would he be? In Montréal? No, because Gainey considered him a spare part of no great consequence. In New York? No, they gave up on him after having him. In his next city? They didn't hold on to him either. In Hamilton? He might be playing on a line with Duncan Milroy and Corey Locke and going nowhere.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
In short, you're throwing out a ridiculous hypothetical that is imponderable.
You can't answer your own question because there are far too many possibilities. So where would he be? In Montréal? No, because Gainey considered him a spare part of no great consequence. In New York? No, they gave up on him after having him. In his next city? They didn't hold on to him either. In Hamilton? He might be playing on a line with Duncan Milroy and Corey Locke and going nowhere.
DUDE, stop looking at all of the details...It's like if I asked you What If We Had Sidney Crosby and you answered; Pittsburgh wouldn't trade Crosby...

It's a really simple question, you either think he'd be on the team, you think he'd be in hamilton or be in the stands. Forget the Kovalev trade, forget the injury he sustained with the moose, forget everything and just think about where he'd be if he was still with the orginization. You either like him or you don't...personally I did.

Old
10-11-2006, 02:58 PM
kostitsyn1489

Last year he played well before a big injury and I dont think he played for the rest of the season he wasnt even supose to play anymore I think.

I hope he'll come back in N.A. next year

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
DUDE, stop looking at all of the details...It's like if I asked you What If We Had Sidney Crosby and you answered; Pittsburgh wouldn't trade Crosby...

It's a really simple question, you either think he'd be on the team, you think he'd be in hamilton or be in the stands. Forget the Kovalev trade, forget the injury he sustained with the moose, forget everything and just think about where he'd be if he was still with the orginization. You either like him or you don't...personally I did.
You couldn't foresee how some were going to respond to you after making a thread about Joseph Balej of all people, a name that hasn't been mentioned on this board in 2 years? And when you point out in just about every thread where Kovalev is a subject of discussion that you hate him as a player and a person (I don't understand that). You don't think people would find it peculiar that you start this particuliar thread?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Poochie_D

Jozef Balej is the perfect definition of: Buy low, Sell high. He was playing strong at the AHL level and was putting up highlight reel goals but obivously Gainey and Co. didn't think that highly of the man. We Fleeched the Rangers on that one... although I think the main objective of the trade was to get rid of the contract.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
You couldn't foresee how some were going to respond to you after making a thread about Joseph Balej of all people, a name that hasn't been mentioned on this board in 2 years? And when you point out in just about every thread where Kovalev is a subject of discussion that you hate him as a player and a person (I don't understand that). You don't think people would find it peculiar that you start this particuliar thread?
When the man is acting out his monomaniacal vendetta he's oblivious to the questions you raise. However, you could inflame him some more by posting that Kovalev demanded that Ribeiro be traded.

Old
10-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
I didn't even bring up Kovalev. I said that Kovalev could've been had for less (Hossa). He brought up the fact that I hate Kovalev, but that has nothing to do with Balej. I think the trade was a good one and I was simply wondering where people thought he'd be in his development.

I rarely ever bring up the fact that I strongly dislike Kovalev, usually others push me into admitting why I hate him. I still don't understand how anyone could like the guy, but anywho...I don't want to go into another Kovalev debate.

Old
10-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
When the man is acting out his monomaniacal vendetta he's oblivious to the questions you raise. However, you could inflame him some more by posting that Kovalev demanded that Ribeiro be traded.
Eklund tell you that?

Old
10-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Poochie_D

Quote:
I didn't even bring up Kovalev. I said that Kovalev could've been had for less (Hossa). He brought up the fact that I hate Kovalev, but that has nothing to do with Balej. I think the trade was a good one and I was simply wondering where people thought he'd be in his development.

I rarely ever bring up the fact that I strongly dislike Kovalev, usually others push me into admitting why I hate him. I still don't understand how anyone could like the guy, but anywho...I don't want to go into another Kovalev debate.
Did Kovalev kill your dog or something? You dislike our most talented player? To each his own I guess

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
Did Kovalev kill your dog or something? You dislike our most talented player? To each his own I guess
Because the guy has talent I'm supposed to like him? Jagr is one of the most talented players in the league and I don't like him either (doesn't mean I wouldn't want him with the team).

Old
10-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
You'll never see Kovalev on a GM's Want List, and with good reason.
You are absolutely right. If I were a GM at the trade deadline, I would definately not want a point-per-game playoff performer on my team!

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Habber

If Balej hadn't been traded, he'd be in Hamilton. He would not make our roster right now. Plus he would be behind Kosty for a callup.

With Chipchura ready to step in soon as well, and I don't think Balej would have ever made the team.

Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
You are absolutely right. If I were a GM at the trade deadline, I would definately not want a point-per-game playoff performer on my team!
Meant long-term wize...As a rental he'd make for a good deal. Oh and he's not a PPG playoff performer either.

Old
10-11-2006, 03:38 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Again, you've proven that you can't ****ing read. I never said "if the trade never happened", I said "surely we could've given less for kovalev cuz they were looking to dump his salary".
Wow...are you off base. The Rangers were NOT trying to dump AK27s salary. If any team can afford underachievers, it was the Rangers.

I love some posters. A deal that turned out to be a complete bust for the Rangers and Habs fans think they could of done better.

While the Rangers sold off that entire team (and Lindros would of been traded if he wasn't hurt), each deal served a different purpose. In the case of the Kovy trade, they weren't looking for draft picks, but a prospect close to making the NHL.

Balej at the time was a highlight reel player in the AHL. The Ranger system at the time (and still now), lacked a true top 6 potential prospect. Balej finished the rest of the year on the 2nd line and everyone, including Ranger brass had him slotted for 2nd line duty after the lockout. Unfortuantely, his time w/ Hartford (and then coach McGill) changed his effective, darty playing style and he flopped in camp after the lockout. No longer projected as the top 6 player they thought they were getting, they shipped him to Vancouver taking a flyer on another, even bigger bust, Fedor Federov. Obviously someone in the Rangers brass thought that in the post CBA world, brothers of stars would be important team players as the Rangers made the trade for Hossa very soon as well.

As for the Hossa/Murray trade, the jury is still out. At the moment, it's a big Montreal win (even though the Rangers didn't, nor now need Murray), until Marcel Hossa starts showing something more.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:41 PM
frozenrubber

One last thing, if anything, you should be throwing the Rangers a parade...

they gave you Kovalev, Garth Murray, and Latendresse for basically nothing...stop your complaining already...

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

It's those "what if" questions that try my patience because they lead nowhere. What fantasies will you dredge up next? Do you indulge in them in other areas? Your career? Your love life? How to spend $1,000,000,000?

Old
10-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
One last thing, if anything, you should be throwing the Rangers a parade...

they gave you Kovalev, Garth Murray, and Latendresse for basically nothing...stop your complaining already...
I agree with your previous post and this one. But without gloating, I like the Montreal - NYR deals. I think it's an example of two good GMs making even-handed deals. As you pointed out with Kovalev and Murray, all of those deals had a valid purpose for each team. There was no rip-off, only two longtime GMs getting together to see to their respective team needs. It's just the luck of circumstances that the Habs have done so well with them.

As for Balej, the only "less" option was Hossa. So long as Balej could've been traded for Murray straight-up, I can hardly care less which of the two was part of the Kovalev deal, as neither IMO would be with the Habs today anyway.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
It's those "what if" questions that try my patience because they lead nowhere. What fantasies will you dredge up next? Do you indulge in them in other areas? Your career? Your love life? How to spend $1,000,000,000?
We're on a message board...No threads lead us anywhere. We can bicker all we want about the team, it won't change a damned thing. This wasn't a thread that was supposed to bash Kovalev or the trade, nor was it suppose to suggest that Balej is better than any of our prospects. I was just wondering how many people thought that he could've cracked the line up. That's all.

Old
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
We're on a message board...No threads lead us anywhere. We can bicker all we want about the team, it won't change a damned thing. This wasn't a thread that was supposed to bash Kovalev or the trade, nor was it suppose to suggest that Balej is better than any of our prospects. I was just wondering how many people thought that he could've cracked the line up. That's all.
You two guys are developping something very special...

I could see it ending in a motel room...

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
As for the Hossa/Murray trade, the jury is still out. At the moment, it's a big Montreal win (even though the Rangers didn't, nor now need Murray), until Marcel Hossa starts showing something more.
To be fair Murray is a career 3rd/4th liner and is only a 12/13th for us. If I'm not mistaken Hossa is something more at the moment?

Old
10-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
You two guys are developping something very special...

I could see it ending in a motel room...
Of course...that's how most arguments end with me.

Old
10-11-2006, 05:36 PM
tritone

Quote:
I guess there are a few illeterates here. The question was; If we would've traded someone ELSE than Balej for Kovalev, where would you think Balej would be...

To answer the question : Balej would be somewhere out of the NHL.

As for the irony of your accusation in regards to my ability to read, perhaps a look at a dictionary on how to spell the word. Really not necessary to have been so aggressive. Booyeah shabutie booyeah

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
To answer the question : Balej would be somewhere out of the NHL.

As for the irony of your accusation in regards to my ability to read, perhaps a look at a dictionary on how to spell the word. Really not necessary to have been so aggressive. Booyeah shabutie booyeah
Didn't mean to insult, I just hate having people on my back (happens quite often around here, cuz I don't agree with many posters on certain players). As for the rest, I suppose maybe I should double check my spelling sometimes . My punctuation is also quite bad on these boards.

Old
10-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Didn't mean to insult, I just hate having people on my back (happens quite often around here, cuz I don't agree with many posters on certain players). As for the rest, I suppose maybe I should double check my spelling sometimes . My punctuation is also quite bad on these boards.
Just for you....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FqwISXtRrE4

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote